The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim's Ghastly Blog (Perhaps Designer Alan's BEST blog yet!)

Comments

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2013
    Amj1995 wrote:
    I wonder will the 'Simulate Genetic Merger' pregnancy work like the "Tombstone of Life and Death" cheat for Sims 2?

This has piqued my interest! If it works the same, this will be great! :D I used the Tombstone of Life and Death in Sims 2 a lot, so I've really missed it. This is exciting news not only for same sex couples, but also to do challenges! Because if it's like the TLD, your Sim could choose to spawn a pregnancy using just about anyone in town, yet without the relationship hassle. In Sims 2, the "donor" genetic material Sim had to be on your lot. But in Sims 3 with the open world maybe there won't be this restriction? Sure hoping so!
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited October 2013
    stenopelix wrote:

Thank you, I thought it would be about that, seems to be the standard for venues :)

Get posting pictures people!! Haha

Whoop out of the occults you can request mermaids, fairies, genies, witches, werewolves and plantsims. That is blooming awesome but I wonder why no vampires :/
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG I love it! I love all the build stuff and the coffin/crypt thing! =D

Edit and the spooky tree! You can never have enough spooky trees. <3
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder how toddlers can use the door?... kids can't :?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited October 2013
    A few more Q & A for you.

Q: Can a Pet Sim come back as a Human Sim when reincarnated?
    A: Yes! Although the odds are that they will come back as a pet, it is quite possible.

Q: Can we evict Grim and move into his house?
    A: You can absolutely convert it into a residential lot in Edit Town and move in. But you don't need to evict Grim. He makes a fine roommate.

Q: Why isn't the coffin a bed?
    A: Because this venue is about Grim and he doesn't sleep in a coffin. If we ever do something geared to vampires we will definitely consider that for Premium Content.

Q: Can two same gender Sims have a baby together using Genetic Merger?
    A: Yep! Sure can. They don't even need to be in a relationship together.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    While this is a cool set I'm considering getting, I do have to express my disappointment that the coffin is neither a vampire bed nor a bed of any kind.

Realizing that not everything in a release can be PCI, given the requests for this it would have seemed like a great idea. Maybe there were mechanics to it that prevented it from being possible, though. Sorry for being negative but I had to get that out there.

Aside from that one complaint I really like it, I just am not sure how much I will actually use it.

I'm with you,disappointing. I too was hoping the coffins might be useable, not decorative. Not being negative...this is just my opinion.

I usually like the store content (and to prove it I own a lot of it) but this time I have to think about it. I'll need to buy some add on points and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

As I read the hints, saw the hint screenshots and read the blog I was excited about it. Now seeing the actual content I'm not so sure.

I'm going to guess that the mat monster will be like the cow plant....you might survive you might not. More likely it will be a "tame" monster and you will.

The build items are very nice but I so keep hoping for broken down build items and this set is more glamor....Goth glamor...but still Gothic glamorous.

As I see some in game screen shots and read some reviews it might entice me into plunking down some bucks for more points but right now I'm waiting. I was going to order ITF today so now I have to stop and think....40.00 from the budget or 60.00 to include this venue.....?

Waiting for some screen shots and reviews from the players on this one.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    anettesb wrote:

It's the Door of Life and Death... it's illogical for children OR toddlers to use such a scary thing, which means both life stages won't use it.

Also, Toddlers are listed because they are "reincarnations" of the sims, or the baby using the genetic feature with the door..
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    While this is a cool set I'm considering getting, I do have to express my disappointment that the coffin is neither a vampire bed nor a bed of any kind.

Realizing that not everything in a release can be PCI, given the requests for this it would have seemed like a great idea. Maybe there were mechanics to it that prevented it from being possible, though. Sorry for being negative but I had to get that out there.

Aside from that one complaint I really like it, I just am not sure how much I will actually use it.

I'm with you,disappointing. I too was hoping the coffins might be useable, not decorative. Not being negative...this is just my opinion.

I usually like the store content (and to prove it I own a lot of it) but this time I have to think about it. I'll need to buy some add on points and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

As I read the hints, saw the hint screenshots and read the blog I was excited about it. Now seeing the actual content I'm not so sure.

I'm going to guess that the mat monster will be like the cow plant....you might survive you might not. More likely it will be a "tame" monster and you will.

The build items are very nice but I so keep hoping for broken down build items and this set is more glamor....Goth glamor...but still Gothic glamorous.

As I see some in game screen shots and read some reviews it might entice me into plunking down some bucks for more points but right now I'm waiting. I was going to order ITF today so now I have to stop and think....40.00 from the budget or 60.00 to include this venue.....?

Waiting for some screen shots and reviews from the players on this one.

$40.00 for ITF for sure. I think many many people will love and use this set enough to justify the pricing. Given the price point (which is normal venue price point and not unexpected) and the fact there's only 16 items it in, including the PCI which I'm not all that interested in, I think I'm just going to piecemeal this one.

I do not mean any disrespect towards the store team here, I think it looks fantastic. I just don't see me using it enough to pay the venue price. But I know many will love it and do so. Not everything has to be for everyone, after all, and considering I've bought so much lately I need to find ways to cut back and not just get everything that comes out.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    $40.00 for ITF for sure. I think many many people will love and use this set enough to justify the pricing. Given the price point (which is normal venue price point and not unexpected) and the fact there's only 16 items it in, including the PCI which I'm not all that interested in, I think I'm just going to piecemeal this one.

I do not mean any disrespect towards the store team here, I think it looks fantastic. I just don't see me using it enough to pay the venue price. But I know many will love it and do so. Not everything has to be for everyone, after all, and considering I've bought so much lately I need to find ways to cut back and not just get everything that comes out.

Yes...ITF for sure. Since I'm not a sunshine, picket fence, 2.5 little Sims player I'm looking forward to playing the dystopian future.

Like you I think the store did a fantastic job on this...but after buying MH and being one of the players who has a too dark to play world I'm waiting. Once the latest patch comes out I'll add a lighting mod so I can play it. I've tried it on two different computers and it's going to need a mod to make it playable for me....which I find irritating.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited October 2013
    Sorry store team, I'm passing on this one. Wonderful venue, but it's not my cup of tea. :XD:
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ok, here some pics (full moon with zombies!!!)

screenshot324bz1i2vawct.jpg

screenshot315apts5rkzb1.jpg

I tried to resurect a horse and got a puppy dog and an elderly women came back as little baby boy. Fun thing that reincarnation thing.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2013

Q: Can two same gender Sims have a baby together using Genetic Merger?
    A: Yep! Sure can. They don't even need to be in a relationship together.

Thank you, SGCopeland! Very thrilled about this particular feature! Been waiting so long (4 years) for this. So happy! 8D
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Here are a few quick pics from my game

will have to resize.

Screenshot-1065_zps25766c1b.jpg
    Rudy stopped by for a visit

Screenshot-1038_zps242b5c15.jpg

t3_zps3b732db2.jpg
    Door knocker works

Screenshot-1073_zps0782dc91.jpg
    Fail request

Happy Simming :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2013
    Did someone already ask the lot dimensions of Grim's Ghastly Manor? I'd like to figure out where I can place it in Midnight Hollow. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    edited October 2013
    In the blog he says it's 50x25 so fits in place of most graveyards, and yes the MH graveyard is MH :D
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited October 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

It's the Door of Life and Death... it's illogical for children OR toddlers to use such a scary thing, which means both life stages won't use it.

Also, Toddlers are listed because they are "reincarnations" of the sims, or the baby using the genetic feature with the door..

I don't think it's illogical at all for kids to use the door. Sim "kids" range from 8 to 12 in looks (especially if you're a storyteller). I can see them wanting to bring back a loved pet or parent or friend.

I can actually see myself using this to write a "Goosebump"-esque story. If kids could use it.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2013
    rjhenn14 wrote:
    In the blog he says it's 50x25 so fits in place of most graveyards, and yes the MH graveyard is MH :D
    Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    First off thank you SimGuruCopeland for releasing this amazing venue, I cannot wait to get it and add it into Midnight Hollow it is right up my street. Looks like it's going to be a ton of fun :-)
    A: Because this venue is about Grim and he doesn't sleep in a coffin. If we ever do something geared to vampires we will definitely consider that for Premium Content.

I am very glad to hear that there is a least that possibility that there could be a vampire themed set released in the future, I love me some occult sims (in fact I prefer them over human sims :P ), and have been holding out for a coffin for my vamps for a long time. I definitely think a set like this would be a success and there seems to be a demand for it.

I would also like to point out that our fish tailed water dwellers are also clambering for more content-CAS and build/buy-*hint hint* :lol: :P

Seriously though Store Team I would like to thank you for starting to incorporating EP related interactions into Store content, this is something I really appreciate it and is, I hope a sign of things to come in the future
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can't wait to play with this venue!!!

I'm going to rush through my assignment (just have to type it up and can do the finishing touches tomorrow) and then I'll be back to spm you all with screenshots!!!

*nudge*

A New Orleans world could work.

*nudge nudge*

These two agree, they think it's a perfect opportunity.

LestatandLouis.jpg"width=500

I don't think you should argue with them. I hear they have close ties with Murfeel. :shock:

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    Blythelyre wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I don't think it's illogical at all for kids to use the door. Sim "kids" range from 8 to 12 in looks (especially if you're a storyteller). I can see them wanting to bring back a loved pet or parent or friend.

I can actually see myself using this to write a "Goosebump"-esque story. If kids could use it.

kids could just have a less fatal bad outcome...
    option ask grimy to play
    positive respons: grimy play tag with the kid and kid can interact with grimy
    negative: they get scared by the monster

option ask to get pet restored:
    positive: grimy restor pet (as pet or little sister/brother)
    negative: they get scared by the monster

also... the sims gets back as infants (or kitten, puppy and guesing foal)... and that to me doesn't count as interact with the door....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited October 2013

THANK YOU LORD!!!

I choose to ignore the ominous IF he added in there. :lol:
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm wondering where all the pictures are! Since Midnight Hollow my play style has changed and I'm enjoying all the Supernatural elements and 'out-there' styles, so I can't wait to get this venue! I want to see pictures of what people are getting up to with it haha!

The Store Team just keep getting better and better with the content they put out!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I'm wondering where all the pictures are! Since Midnight Hollow my play style has changed and I'm enjoying all the Supernatural elements and 'out-there' styles, so I can't wait to get this venue! I want to see pictures of what people are getting up to with it haha!

The Store Team just keep getting better and better with the content they put out!

Me too, I love it when people post their pictures using newly released content. I completely agree regarding the Store Team, in all honesty if they kept the quality as high as it has been in the past few months I would continue to purchase from the Store regardless of The Sims 4. I'm not sure whether I will even be moving on to 4 but I am definitely going to be playing 3 for many more years, I want to experience everything the game has to offer
  • Options
    chillgirl42chillgirl42 Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    So, I am curious in regards to this new pregnancy feature. Let us say that you are married to another sim in a homosexual marriage. And you had one of your sims go and get pregnant using this new venue. Would you be able to use their partner as the genetic template? And would both partners be recognized as the parents of this baby?