Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negativity? Really?

ยซ13
No offense to anyone here, and all are welcome to their opinions and everything...believe me I wont stop you from expressing dislike...but negativity is no way to accomplish anything that you may or may not want for the sims 4.

Personally, boycotting should never be the answer. If there are certain things that you are upset about, want, ect....get EA's address/email address and write them. Flood their inboxes by all means. Maybe one upset email won't do anything, but more than....I'd say, 10? 20 maybe? Will probably do something, if not at least have them address the situation. They have to listen to their consumers or else they are out of a business. Plus, the mods and gurus here only monitor the forums....yes they listen, but they look for the nitty gritty of it all. The real live issues they need to fix in the game now, fights that break out, and that sort of thing...that's their job--not to go to EA and report every little complaint. That's why writing them is a better idea than just complaining here. But I do understand why some of you are upset with EA.

And also, if they are taking away things, they need to put other....more cool things....in its place. Otherwise, what are they really selling? A downgrade of Sims 1 with graphics that are newer than sims 3. That doesn't really do anything for me really. Will I buy the product? It depends on how much, what all is in it, and what my sims will be able to do.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Bear31 wrote:
    No offense to anyone here, and all are welcome to their opinions and everything...believe me I wont stop you from expressing dislike...but negativity is no way to accomplish anything that you may or may not want for the sims 4.

Personally, boycotting should never be the answer. If there are certain things that you are upset about, want, ect....get EA's address/email address and write them. Flood their inboxes by all means. Maybe one upset email won't do anything, but more than....I'd say, 10? 20 maybe? Will probably do something, if not at least have them address the situation. They have to listen to their consumers or else they are out of a business. Plus, the mods and gurus here only monitor the forums....yes they listen, but they look for the nitty gritty of it all. The real live issues they need to fix in the game now, fights that break out, and that sort of thing...that's their job--not to go to EA and report every little complaint. That's why writing them is a better idea than just complaining here. But I do understand why some of you are upset with EA.

And also, if they are taking away things, they need to put other....more cool things....in its place. Otherwise, what are they really selling? A downgrade of Sims 1 with graphics that are newer than sims 3. That doesn't really do anything for me really. Will I buy the product? It depends on how much, what all is in it, and what my sims will be able to do.

Personally< I'm more annoyed that Graham would be over on the adult websites asking 'them' to list anything they would really, really miss in TS4..and a 'must' have instead of talking to the players here where the 'teens' actually are..go figure.

I respect the Dev but he would rather show up on a site that can curse, rant and rave (more than we can) to interact with them and answer their questions and input into their threads and ask them to post what it is they would hate to omitted from TS4.

And they are just as negative if not more than we are..so no, it's not because we are so childish over here..some have told him and EA what is what...and why they won't buy and they aren't as nice about it as some here.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Bear31 wrote:

Personally< I'm more annoyed that Graham would be over on the adult websites asking 'them' to list anything they would really, really miss in TS4..and a 'must' have instead of talking to the players here where the 'teens' actually are..go figure.

I respect the Dev but he would rather show up on a site that can curse, rant and rave (more than we can) to interact with them and answer their questions and input into their threads and ask them to post what it is they would hate to omitted from TS4.

And they are just as negative if not more than we are..so no, it's not because we are so childish over here..some have told him and EA what is what...and why they won't buy and they aren't as nice about it as some here.

Knowing how we treat each other here, if you were a guru would you talk here. I sure as heck wouldn't. All you get is rudeness and disrespected for what you do. I'd post somewhere else where ppl might treat me a modiocum better.
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Boycotting aka not buying the product is probably the most effective way to be heard. Consumers speak loudest with their wallets.

Also, if you really want to give feedback that may be counted, everyone is probably better off tweeting them or using a platform outside of these forums. They seem to be on twitter daily, but check these forums as an afterthought. It's something they "need to catch up on" every once in a while. And who knows what sort of important threads are probably buried by then.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Bear31 wrote:

In reading your response, you said they need to come here where the (teens) actually are. I can tell you it's been quiet awhile since I was a teen and I love playing the sims. Lets just say I could be your grandmother probably. A lot of age groups play the sims and not just teens. :roll:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

You know a lot of those adults are probably long-term sim players right? People who could've been teens themselves when they started playing the older sims games. Maybe he wants to see what THEY feel for a change.

Also Graham is a grown man, you don't think he probably curse's from time to time?

:roll:
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2013
    They are well aware of what people do and don't want. They do read the forums. Boycotting is definitly the most effective way since nothing would make them want to alter the product more than a big fat loss of money. I'm sure there will be lots of people including myself who won't be buying the sims 4 because it just doesn't look appealing to me and isn't offering what I want. However, I'm well aware that there will be plenty more people who do buy the game and who love it, especially newcomers to the sims series. So yeah I highly doubt "boycotting" will accomplish anything since the boycott won't be on a large enough scale to make EA blink an eye. But I also highly doubt that 20 hand written letters would do the trick either. There just isn't enough force behind the upset. The people who come to this site and/or care enough about the game to voice an opinion one way or the other are, I'm sure, a pretty small minority of their playerbase.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2013
    Im an adult who goes on both this forum and social media. I dont feel they listen to one more than the other. I feel they pretty much ignore both the same.

Nothing asked by players on either of these has been addressed.

EA claims they read this forum. If they actually do then we have every right to complain here as much as we do by emailing them or tweeting them directly.

Ive seen that simguru's have responded to some threads. Not in the sims 4 forum but other places on this forum. I suppose they read it sometimes. They just dont feel inclined to do anything about the players complaints.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    They are well aware of what people do and don't want. They do read the forums. Boycotting is definitly the most effective way since nothing would make them want to alter the product more than a big fat loss of money. I'm sure there will be lots of people including myself who won't be buying the sims 4 because it just doesn't look appealing to me and isn't offering what I want. However, I'm well aware that there will be plenty more people who do buy the game and who love it, especially newcomers to the sims series. So yeah I highly doubt "boycotting" will accomplish anything since the boycott won't be on a large enough scale to make EA blink an eye. But I also highly doubt that 20 hand written letters would do the trick either. There just isn't enough force behind the upset. The people who come to this site and/or care enough about the game to voice an opinion one way or the other are, I'm sure, a pretty small minority of their playerbase.

I'm over the 'new & shiny' effect, that worked when I was 12 and maybe a bit older, now I don't buy just because it's new. I won't be buying Sims 4 and I hope nobody just buys it because it's new, that it the wrong way to go. I however hope they have enough supporters to start making Sims 5 in 2015 and this time does it more right, but with EA, I only have faith they will run the series into the ground. :cry: :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited September 2013
    Honestly you are being negative, I'm going to buy this game. I have been around since Sims 1, and I, like many others, have endured a lot of changes in the game. Just think, if we had boycoted every change you wouldn't even have TS3. That, and you don't have enough information on it to make a decision. I mean, boohoo, you don't have CasT, if that's a deal breaker for you, fine, but for some of us it's not all that. :?
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    jvilla0713 wrote:
    Boycotting aka not buying the product is probably the most effective way to be heard. Consumers speak loudest with their wallets.

Boycotting is not the same as not buying something. Boycotting means that you and others are abstaining from purchasing the product to protest against company practices.

'Not buying' implies that you do not like (or cannot afford) the product on sale.

I would not boycott EA for artistic reasons.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited September 2013
    Bear31 wrote:

THANK YOU!!!
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Boycotting is not the same as not buying something. Boycotting means that you and others are abstaining from purchasing the product to protest against company practices.

'Not buying' means that you did not like the product on sale so did not spend money on it.

I would not boycott EA for artistic reasons.

Thank you Webster. I know what boycotting is. Some people upset about one thing or the other have threatened to abstain from buying the product because they are against EA's practice of not giving them what they want/taking away what they consider the best parts of the previous installments. It's not Rosa Parks and the Alabama public transit system, but I would still call that a boycott of sorts. So it stands to reason, if they are boycotting, they are not buying the product.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited September 2013
    Lets make a online game out of the sims 4 even tho the fans don't want online sims 4. ummm... Then when we release SimCity online and see the failures of a online only game... let us cancel the sims 4 online! but!! lets keep the online physics and graphics. Stop and start over amidst our mistake? Nope, shortcut and build with what we got, even tho we know the fans will be disappointed, it doesn't matter they will accept.

Well, who can not be negative and complain. The sims 4 is turning out to be a failure, a joke, a let down.... sad. That said, I still have some hope... hope is all we got.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited September 2013
    All I'm saying is that, number one, the game isn't even built all the way yet and yet you all are ****** and so ready to boycott or tell them that EA is a piece of **** because they don't want to work on their product til they get it "right". Whatever right is. To some it's the artistic value of the game, others its whats in it, and for some others it's what it looks like. Just because EA puts out that they are going to do x,y, and z doesn't mean they will deliver. Just because they say no CAS doesn't mean that they won't.

Publicity just means that they are putting out teasers to keep us all guessing. Even if they say it's definite that this will or won't happen, doesn't mean it will be until it's a finished product and I still say that boycotting won't help. It's a big slap in the face, not a conversation starter that will get them to understand in a nice way. And just because Graham or whoever it is that is associated with EA is not nice, doesn't mean that you can't be.

Plus, you telling them that you are boycotting something won't do a **** thing. There will always be customers buying up their product no matter what. The only way you'd be able to "let them know in a big way" is if you can get everyone in the entire world to do the same as you. That's just not possible. Which is why I suggested a letter in the first place. Flooding their inboxes with as many emails and letters you can write on a daily basis will be the only thing that they might listen to because they have to check their mail daily.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    Bear31 wrote:

The only way the people calling the shots will actually respond if they get slapped in the face with financial consequences. At this point, the features and graphics are mostly baked into the mix. I agree, calling for a boycott is probably pointless, especially on a site that contains quite a few posters who are happy with whatever EA sells them, or at least not that picky about what they buy.

If the game is decent, it will sell (and probably if it stinks, too). There's a lot of people who just want to buy the next Sims, not matter what it contains.

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited September 2013

The only way the people calling the shots will actually respond if they get slapped in the face with financial consequences. At this point, the features and graphics are mostly baked into the mix. I agree, calling for a boycott is probably pointless, especially on a site that contains quite a few posters who are happy with whatever EA sells them, or at least not that picky about what they buy.

If the game is decent, it will sell (and probably if it stinks, too). There's a lot of people who just want to buy the next Sims, not matter what it contains.

See this is one part of the attitude I dislike when another sims comes out or expansion pack. According to you no one could ever really like sims 4 nope they just aren't picky or ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ who buy anything from EA.

Then there is the opposite attitude if you don't buy it you aren't a sims fan.

OP this post doesn't help either, many people on here are too busy at each others throats about this. All you are doing by getting angry and telling everyone to shut up is fueling the fire.

Honestly, nothing will help. I've seen these fights on sim forums since Sims 1. Nothing changes.

Personally I am on the fence, don't know if I shall buy or not. I am buying into the future and the new world after not buying an expansion pack since seasons.

• Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited September 2013
    That's why it's just better to ignore this forum all together and let people bark all they want to and just wait for the game to go beta or early next year to get more information.

Heck the sims team could make a feature in the game where the sims pop out the computer and clean your house for you and some will complain that they don't clean the car.

People are like that.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2013
    Clk1143 wrote:

See this is one part of the attitude I dislike when another sims comes out or expansion pack. According to you no one could ever really like sims 4 nope they just aren't picky or ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ who buy anything from EA.

OP this post doesn't help either, many people on here are too busy at each others throats about this. All you are doing by getting angry and telling everyone to shut up is fueling the fire.

Honestly, nothing will help. I've seen these fights on sim forums since Sims 1. Nothing changes.

Personally I am on the fence, don't know if I shall buy or not. I am buying into the future and the new world after not buying an expansion pack since seasons.

You forgot my two favourites.

It's because they love The Sims that they complain/offer feedback.

AND

If they shout loud enough EA will have to listen to them, hand over more money and make them make it better looking and have CASt. They're the paying customer and all important after all.

Signed

One of the unpicky ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ ppl.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am not a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. I have loved Sims all the way up to Sims 3 with all its issues and being broken.

I won't boycott EA..Because in all seriousness ..they don't care as long as money flows in.

I state my opinion as a long time customer to a company where I bought and enjoyed their products.

As a customer. I give my views on their new shiney Sims game. I compare it to other games as I would any product I purchase outside of a game. I look almost daily for news that will make me want to purchase their new shiney Sims game.

As a customer I will decide where my money goes, and I don't wear rose color glasses and think if I don't buy their New Shiney Sim game..that it will fail. I just won't purchase it ..because there are so many other games that shine far better..Example coming:

Was going to buy the open for business world that releases in 3 days from the store..Actually my fiance was going to buy it for me.

Went shopping at Amazon and found Natsume is making a own your store game the same Natsume that makes Harvest Moon I enjoy so much. Knowing Natsume puts out a great product..Well I am buying their new game Hometown Story..instead of The world EA is offering in the store.

Point being..I stuck with a good company that produces similar life stimulation games..not the sims style but similar..Because they attracted me with their Name and I know Harvest Moon. (Btw? Harvest Moon is cartoony).

So..their shiney outdid the world shiney..I compared the two products as I would any product that I plan to purchase. And I made a decision on what I liked more and that product got my money..

People seem to forget sometimes..we are customers. We have rights to give good and bad views on any product we are thinking of buying. We have the right to say why we won't buy said product. There is no right or wrong about opinions that states a view on a product that is open for sale or is being marketed.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    That's why it's just better to ignore this forum all together and let people bark all they want to and just wait for the game to go beta or early next year to get more information.

Heck the sims team could make a feature in the game where the sims pop out the computer and clean your house for you and some will complain that they don't clean the car.

People are like that.

Well I really like the idea, but why aren't sims going to wash our cars? Is it going to be another EP? Are we getting more cleaning products in the store? Will the base game only come with a toothbrush and bar of soap?

EA is milking us again, I hate this new game already. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited September 2013
    They didn't listen to me when I told them I was worried about there being a racist glitch in the Sims 3, where if you aged the Grim Reaper, whether by the testingcheats code or potion, he would turn into a pitch black Sim holding a Scythe, and worried some people might look at that the wrong way and attack EA, but nope, they said they wouldn't do anything about that glitch, and just to talk about it on here (and they never did fix that glitch). Same with the excavation glitch. So Emailing them would be a BIG waste of time.

Yes getting angry and not buying the game is exactly what you do. If you affect a company's finance and the game flops, then the company knows what to do with their next big release. That's what happened to Nintendo when they released their Gamecube, E-reader, and Virtual Boy. Not to mention it is happening again with their Wii U. And it happened at first with the X-box 360 due to the Red Ring of death. A product CAN flop. If it does, than a company will learn from their mistakes, and make a product that customers want, hopefully having the funds to do so.
    If they cannot keep up with demands though and money, then the company may declare bankruptcy and may only have 4 options: sell their product to a top brand company (Rare sold their company to Microsoft), occasionally make games for top brand systems (Sega), sell product only in their country if they are selling well there (it may or may not end up being Nintendo's fate to sell only in Japan), or completely die off.
    Yes there are a lot of people that love the Sims, but there are millions of Zelda lovers too. Didn't stop the Wii U or Gamecube from flopping though. However, the E rated cartoony Zelda games weren't the cause, as evidenced in the sales from the DS games. The Sims 4 could sell well or it could flop. We don't know. If it being an E rated Sims and excluding many features indeed causes it to flop, than EA may change things in the future.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2013
    06Bon06 wrote:

People are like that.

Well I really like the idea, but why aren't sims going to wash our cars? Is it going to be another EP? Are we getting more cleaning products in the store? Will the base game only come with a toothbrush and bar of soap?

EA is milking us again, I hate this new game already. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    In reading your response, you said they need to come here where the (teens) actually are. I can tell you it's been quiet awhile since I was a teen and I love playing the sims. Lets just say I could be your grandmother probably. A lot of age groups play the sims and not just teens. :roll:

Do you know why she assumes that "teens" post here?

Because the people on this forum-- as old as they are-- act like bratty teenagers. In fact, many of them act worst than teenagers I know in real life.

Look at your own post. Mature adults do not roll their eyes when having a discussion. Teenaged girls do. Yet here you are posting a roll eyes smiley as if you were 12 years old rolling your eyes at parents giving you a stern lecture. I can't remember the last time I rolled my eyes at anyone or saw anyone in my age group do that. Must have been 1985 when I was still in grade school.

Moral of the story-- if you want to be perceived as the adult that you are, then act like one online. Stop with the bratty temper tantrums, the screams of boycotting, the obnoxious overuse of punctuation (like this!!!!!?????!!!!!), the fuming, the ranting, the whining, and above all, the cheesy roll eyes smileys. In other words, act your age.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    Clk1143 wrote:

I'd like to personally thank you for attributing words to my post that did not before this exist. You also claim to know my 'attitude' as well, and referred to it in a negative connotation. Pot, meet kettle, and Congratulations! You've just engaged in the kind of fighting you claim to have 'seen on the the sims forums since Sims 1'. Welcome aboard!

I do believe, sincerely, that the fans of the Sims series will only 'not' buy the next version if it turns out to be a totally hideous, unplayable mess. The sheer numbers of fans will virtually guarantee a 'success'. A boycott would only create free advertising. I suppose I should have pointed out that they (the Sims fans)are no different than fans of any other long running series, game/sport/movie or otherwise. I myself actually bought Sim City, and almost took out the shrink wrap, the negative reviews aside, as I'd enjoyed that series since running it in the mid 1980's on my black and white, Mac Plus with 1 meg of main memory ram! But I took it back, with heavy heart, trying for once to make a tiny stand against features I loathed. Bethesda's 'Daggerfall', from the early 90's, is another game I purchased, knowing it was a buggy, nearly unplayable mess, because I was a fan of their first game (and of fantasy games in general).

I like some of what I see in Sims 4, despite the fact that I'm frustrated about the fact that, thanks to tablets and iphones, we will be getting a 'lite' version of what could have been a graphically, awe inspiring game. The art style is kind of neat, and I'm impressed with what their artists have done (given time and system specs).

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg