Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negativity? Really?

Comments

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    That's why it's just better to ignore this forum all together and let people bark all they want to and just wait for the game to go beta or early next year to get more information.

Heck the sims team could make a feature in the game where the sims pop out the computer and clean your house for you and some will complain that they don't clean the car.

People are like that.

Good advice.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    That's why it's just better to ignore this forum all together and let people bark all they want to and just wait for the game to go beta or early next year to get more information.

Actually, many of us have begun migrating to the TS4 forums already. They're much saner, much more peaceful, and people are actually posting CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and suggestions for what they want in TS4, not petulant temper tantrums.
    Heck the sims team could make a feature in the game where the sims pop out the computer and clean your house for you and some will complain that they don't clean the car.

People are like that.

Exactly. In the end, people with constructive criticism and actual suggestions for improvement left these forums a long time ago. What we have left here are just chronic complainers, people determined to be unhappy no matter what. I feel sorry for them. They remind me of someone I know in real life who, no matter what you do, they're always disappointed, angry, miserable. You could literally throw them a huge birthday party with fireworks, a huge concert, and a surprise visit by Lady Gaga, their favorite singer in the entire world and they'll go, "Too bad you didn't ask Robin Thicke, too. Then this would've been perfect!" They're just unhappy, overly demanding, nitpicky people.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I really don't care to celebrate my birthday with parties. Give me a present, some cake, and be on your way.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2013
    ts1depot wrote:
    In reading your response, you said they need to come here where the (teens) actually are. I can tell you it's been quiet awhile since I was a teen and I love playing the sims. Lets just say I could be your grandmother probably. A lot of age groups play the sims and not just teens. :roll:

Do you know why she assumes that "teens" post here?

Because the people on this forum-- as old as they are-- act like bratty teenagers. In fact, many of them act worst than teenagers I know in real life.

Look at your own post. Mature adults do not roll their eyes when having a discussion. Teenaged girls do. Yet here you are posting a roll eyes smiley as if you were 12 years old rolling your eyes at parents giving you a stern lecture. I can't remember the last time I rolled my eyes at anyone or saw anyone in my age group do that. Must have been 1985 when I was still in grade school.

Moral of the story-- if you want to be perceived as the adult that you are, then act like one online. Stop with the bratty temper tantrums, the screams of boycotting, the obnoxious overuse of punctuation (like this!!!!!?????!!!!!), the fuming, the ranting, the whining, and above all, the cheesy roll eyes smileys. In other words, act your age.
    You can't tell me you have never talked with someone or read something and said whatever. Get over it~~ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited September 2013
    [
    I'd like to personally thank you for attributing words to my post that did not before this exist. You also claim to know my 'attitude' as well, and referred to it in a negative connotation. Pot, meet kettle, and Congratulations! You've just engaged in the kind of fighting you claim to have 'seen on the the sims forums since Sims 1'. Welcome aboard!

I do believe, sincerely, that the fans of the Sims series will only 'not' buy the next version if it turns out to be a totally hideous, unplayable mess. The sheer numbers of fans will virtually guarantee a 'success'. A boycott would only create free advertising. I suppose I should have pointed out that they (the Sims fans)are no different than fans of any other long running series, game/sport/movie or otherwise. I myself actually bought Sim City, and almost took out the shrink wrap, the negative reviews aside, as I'd enjoyed that series since running it in the mid 1980's on my black and white, Mac Plus with 1 meg of main memory ram! But I took it back, with heavy heart, trying for once to make a tiny stand against features I loathed. Bethesda's 'Daggerfall', from the early 90's, is another game I purchased, knowing it was a buggy, nearly unplayable mess, because I was a fan of their first game (and of fantasy games in general).

I like some of what I see in Sims 4, despite the fact that I'm frustrated about the fact that, thanks to tablets and iphones, we will be getting a 'lite' version of what could have been a graphically, awe inspiring game. The art style is kind of neat, and I'm impressed with what their artists have done (given time and system specs).

I actually wasn't meaning to fight. You did speak negatively of anyone who buys Sims 4. This is coming from someone who does not know if I will buy or not. I am simply saying that both sides are heated just a little too much.

At this point I shall simply agree to disagree, put my baby to sleep, and eat a smores. Goodnight. :)
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Personally< I'm more annoyed that Graham would be over on the adult websites asking 'them' to list anything they would really, really miss in TS4..and a 'must' have instead of talking to the players here where the 'teens' actually are..go figure.

I respect the Dev but he would rather show up on a site that can curse, rant and rave (more than we can) to interact with them and answer their questions and input into their threads and ask them to post what it is they would hate to omitted from TS4.

And they are just as negative if not more than we are..so no, it's not because we are so childish over here..some have told him and EA what is what...and why they won't buy and they aren't as nice about it as some here.

I post all over the place - with how quickly these forums move it can be difficult to keep up with multiple topics that cover many of the same subjects each day. I'd post over on the other Sims 4 forum but I haven't been able to get my account approved (go figure). I'm not sure why you'd classify another Sims website as an "adult" one and this as a "teen" one, or imply that either groups thoughts are more important, but I'm happy to hear feedback from anyone who has something constructive to share.

I personally don't care if someone curses or acts rude (note - that's not an invitation to break this site's TOS); if you've got a well thought out opinion to share, we are listening. That doesn't mean we can always respond or implement everything that's asked for, but numerous discussions and debates are spawned within the studio based on feedback taken directly from the community, and primarily from the official forums (where I encourage anyone to post to help make their voices heard).
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited September 2013
    Someone spoke about one of the simGurus coming to one of the "adult" sites to speak with us and ask us what we want. Why shouldn't they? Adults are part of the sims fans base. Modders are part of the sims fans base. I've played the sims since the very beginning, bought every EP except IP and ITF because I just couldn't stand TS3 anymore. I'm looking forward to a fresh start, and I'm hoping that features that were cut out of TS3 like baby legs and Mendellian genetics make a comeback in TS4. Genetics is what they'll discuss next according to the blog, at least it sounds that way and I'm excited for that.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Clk1143 wrote:
    [
    I'd like to personally thank you for attributing words to my post that did not before this exist. You also claim to know my 'attitude' as well, and referred to it in a negative connotation. Pot, meet kettle, and Congratulations! You've just engaged in the kind of fighting you claim to have 'seen on the the sims forums since Sims 1'. Welcome aboard!

I do believe, sincerely, that the fans of the Sims series will only 'not' buy the next version if it turns out to be a totally hideous, unplayable mess. The sheer numbers of fans will virtually guarantee a 'success'. A boycott would only create free advertising. I suppose I should have pointed out that they (the Sims fans)are no different than fans of any other long running series, game/sport/movie or otherwise. I myself actually bought Sim City, and almost took out the shrink wrap, the negative reviews aside, as I'd enjoyed that series since running it in the mid 1980's on my black and white, Mac Plus with 1 meg of main memory ram! But I took it back, with heavy heart, trying for once to make a tiny stand against features I loathed. Bethesda's 'Daggerfall', from the early 90's, is another game I purchased, knowing it was a buggy, nearly unplayable mess, because I was a fan of their first game (and of fantasy games in general).

I like some of what I see in Sims 4, despite the fact that I'm frustrated about the fact that, thanks to tablets and iphones, we will be getting a 'lite' version of what could have been a graphically, awe inspiring game. The art style is kind of neat, and I'm impressed with what their artists have done (given time and system specs).

I actually wasn't meaning to fight. You did speak negatively of anyone who buys Sims 4. This is coming from someone who does not know if I will buy or not. I am simply saying that both sides are heated just a little too much.

At this point I shall simply agree to disagree, put my baby to sleep, and eat a smores. Goodnight. :)

Oh, no, not the 'baby defense'! I mean, the smore thing I could handle, but not the baby. Now I'm done for! If only had a nickle for every time I heard THAT used in court :mrgreen: Me, I prefer hostess ho ho /cupcakes with nestle hot cocoa! Man, now that's a sugar rush before bed!

I said the Sims fans will make the game a success, whether it deserves to be one or not. That's a fact. Fan, from the word fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion. The franchise has a long record, and has sold over 100 million copies to date. There's a lot of fans out there.

That's not speaking ill of someone, that's speaking the truth. Takes one to know one. As I said, I'm a fan of things myself, which was the entire point of my post: I agree, a boycott is pointless.

Anyway, boy or girl? I've got two sleeping at the moment, both girls, 4 and 8 (going on 21, man is she mouthy this year).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Personally< I'm more annoyed that Graham would be over on the adult websites asking 'them' to list anything they would really, really miss in TS4..and a 'must' have instead of talking to the players here where the 'teens' actually are..go figure.

I respect the Dev but he would rather show up on a site that can curse, rant and rave (more than we can) to interact with them and answer their questions and input into their threads and ask them to post what it is they would hate to omitted from TS4.

And they are just as negative if not more than we are..so no, it's not because we are so childish over here..some have told him and EA what is what...and why they won't buy and they aren't as nice about it as some here.

What are you talking about? First of all, the game is rated "Teen" by the ESRB. All that means is that the game is recommended for Teens AND ABOVE. It's actually a guide for parents.

Second, I highly doubt that SimGuruGraham would be posting at an "adult" site. I would be willing to bet that whatever forum you are referring to has the same forum rules as EA does regarding age, 13 years old or older. :?

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

What are you talking about? First of all, the game is rated "Teen" by the ESRB. All that means is that the game is recommended for Teens AND ABOVE. It's actually a guide for parents.

Second, I highly doubt that SimGuruGraham would be posting at an "adult" site. I would be willing to bet that whatever forum you are referring to has the same forum rules as EA does regarding age, 13 years old or older. :?

I think we all know what forum she's referring to. Which just baffles me even more because they have an adult sister site. So there's an adult site FOR the adult site now? Is cursing really the only thing about that site that makes it "adult"?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2013
    I must say that this is the most negative site I have ever seen. I pop in every once in awhile hoping to see or find out just a little nice thing more about the Sims 4, only to not find that, but instead everyone complaining, I am not sure what everyone is so mad about. The Sims4 is not even finished yet. Besides you don't have to even buy it.
    Gosh people, lets give the game a chance to be completed, wait until it is out and you get a chance to play it, then complain.
    How in the world do you complain or review something you don't even have, it is like a small child who won't eat carrots, who says he don't like them, and has never tasted them.
    Let's wait until the complete creativity of the game is finished before we complain. Taste the carrots first.
    by the way how do I get to the other sims 4 forum, I signed up for it but don't know how to get to it now.
    Please if someone could tell me I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    vDisconnectedvDisconnected Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2013
    Evalen wrote:
    I must say that this is the most negative site I have ever seen. I pop in every once in awhile hoping to see or find out just a little nice thing more about the Sims 4, only to not find that, but instead everyone complaining, I am not sure what everyone is so mad about. The Sims4 is not even finished yet. Besides you don't have to even buy it.
    Gosh people, lets give the game a chance to be completed, wait until it is out and you get a chance to play it, then complain.
    How in the world do you complain or review something you don't even have, it is like a small child who won't eat carrots, who says he don't like them, and has never tasted them.
    Let's wait until the complete creativity of the game is finished before we complain. Taste the carrots first.
    by the way how do I get to the other sims 4 forum, I signed up for it but don't know how to get to it now.

Think about it like this - now that the game is not finished, it's still possible to implement or change something. Once the game is out, there'll be no such chance. So it's now when we whine, or shut up and let the game become the last one in the series after not achieving a marketing success.
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I have a feeling I know exactly what "adult" website they're talking about because I see Graham's posts there all the time.

Keep in mind that "adult" and "ADULT" do not mean the same thing and the website is not XXX TRIPLE ADULT SKEEVY BROWN BAG DVDS DELETE YOUR WEB BROWSER HISTORY "adult" at all. At all. I'm sure there are websites for that, but the forum of which you speak isn't one of them.

I appreciate Graham's posts there as he seems to clear up a lot of issues before we start panicking too badly and explains a lot of information about the game. Well, what he can anyway without getting in trouble.

Also, a lot of users here are adults as well. This is not a teen-based website. And just because Sims is typically rated T for Teen does NOT mean the demographic is ISOLATED JUST TO TEENS. It's simply a RATING guideline for parents who want to buy the game for their kids. Adults can and do play the game too. In fact, a lot of the adults who play the game now played The Sims or The Sims 2 as teens. Wow, imagine that???

The Sims franchise is NOT Sesame Street: Big Bird's High-Flying Balloon Adventure or something geared towards a SPECIFIC demographic. It's for all ages teen and UP.

• Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm also a big fan of discussing ideas and voicing opinions while a game is being developed.

Otherwise, you could end up with a game that the players have no desire for.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

This is what I was trying to convey in another post that this site is not just for teens. It has been quite awhile since I was a teen and I have been playing the sims since sims 1 and I guess I will continue to play as long as they make the game. I didn't understand the OP either.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Honestly... what I don't like about the negativity is that it rings shallow and in many ways false.

I do not believe people when they say "The Sims 4 sucks because its graphics and lack of CASt".

I have no problem with the graphics and lack of CASt being a source of complaints... but I do not believe even for the people who ARE saying it, that the game sucks now.

It only leads me to say "Well, see you when you buy the game"
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    Honestly... what I don't like about the negativity is that it rings shallow and in many ways false.

I do not believe people when they say "The Sims 4 sucks because its graphics and lack of CASt".

I have no problem with the graphics and lack of CASt being a source of complaints... but I do not believe even for the people who ARE saying it, that the game sucks now.

It only leads me to say "Well, see you when you buy the game"

Exactly.....and seismicmilk, I couldn't agree more. But I also believe being civil and/or nice while voicing said opinions.......not threatening with talks of boycotting and the like is what matters. No matter what EA can and will do what they see fit for their product. And it all comes down to how well the game sells and if it is selling at all. I am sure that if the sales don't go as they planned, that they will go in and fix the game. Remember that this is the base game, which means they can add in what they took away earlier.....if not in a patch then an expansion pack.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    I post all over the place - with how quickly these forums move it can be difficult to keep up with multiple topics that cover many of the same subjects each day. I'd post over on the other Sims 4 forum but I haven't been able to get my account approved (go figure). I'm not sure why you'd classify another Sims website as an "adult" one and this as a "teen" one, or imply that either groups thoughts are more important, but I'm happy to hear feedback from anyone who has something constructive to share.

I personally don't care if someone curses or acts rude (note - that's not an invitation to break this site's TOS); if you've got a well thought out opinion to share, we are listening. That doesn't mean we can always respond or implement everything that's asked for, but numerous discussions and debates are spawned within the studio based on feedback taken directly from the community, and primarily from the official forums (where I encourage anyone to post to help make their voices heard).

Hey. Hi!! :D Just wanted to let you know I see your post...Although it appears everyone is too busy arguing to notice.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Someone spoke about one of the simGurus coming to one of the "adult" sites to speak with us and ask us what we want. Why shouldn't they? Adults are part of the sims fans base. Modders are part of the sims fans base. I've played the sims since the very beginning, bought every EP except IP and ITF because I just couldn't stand TS3 anymore. I'm looking forward to a fresh start, and I'm hoping that features that were cut out of TS3 like baby legs and Mendellian genetics make a comeback in TS4. Genetics is what they'll discuss next according to the blog, at least it sounds that way and I'm excited for that.

Now this is news I want to hear! I'm so curious to know how genetics will work!
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited September 2013

Oh, no, not the 'baby defense'! I mean, the smore thing I could handle, but not the baby. Now I'm done for! If only had a nickle for every time I heard THAT used in court :mrgreen: Me, I prefer hostess ho ho /cupcakes with nestle hot cocoa! Man, now that's a sugar rush before bed!

I said the Sims fans will make the game a success, whether it deserves to be one or not. That's a fact. Fan, from the word fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion. The franchise has a long record, and has sold over 100 million copies to date. There's a lot of fans out there.

That's not speaking ill of someone, that's speaking the truth. Takes one to know one. As I said, I'm a fan of things myself, which was the entire point of my post: I agree, a boycott is pointless.

Anyway, boy or girl? I've got two sleeping at the moment, both girls, 4 and 8 (going on 21, man is she mouthy this year).

Sorry it took so long to reply I did actually go to sleep and the smore was delicious lol. I have two girls as well a almost four year old and a fourteen month old.

I agree that there are a lot of sim fans, and will probably make sims 4 a success. Not to mention other gamers who may decide to try Sims 4 as their first sims game. In order for a boycott to even work someone would have to do a huge campaign on all the social media sites as well as do protests in front of stores where it is sold. I doubt people would put that much work into it. Most people I see here who say to boycott it only post it on these forums.

Anyways, hope you have a good day today. Mine is looking like it's going to be a busy one.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Clk1143 wrote:

Sorry it took so long to reply I did actually go to sleep and the smore was delicious lol. I have two girls as well a almost four year old and a fourteen month old.

I agree that there are a lot of sim fans, and will probably make sims 4 a success. Not to mention other gamers who may decide to try Sims 4 as their first sims game. In order for a boycott to even work someone would have to do a huge campaign on all the social media sites as well as do protests in front of stores where it is sold. I doubt people would put that much work into it. Most people I see here who say to boycott it only post it on these forums.

Anyways, hope you have a good day today. Mine is looking like it's going to be a busy one.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what it looks like. I'm a fan (the critical variety), actually, or I wouldn't have such strong feelings about it.

Good day to you, too.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

Just to be clear, I was referring to being told Gurus won't answer our questions here because we are so childish an rude here. I was only making a point that isn't true..(at least I hope not) and they are on other fansites where people do use curse words and say they aren't buying TS4 for whatever reasons they have. Here most of us do obey the 'rules'..they are allowed to curse over there.. :wink: and don't swear. We may get a little bent out of shape over here..and my only point in bringing up some Devs do 'answer' questions over there and respond to their suggestions and even demands,..but we rarely see someone here on the official site.

It was just an observation, that's all. Because so many times we are all told by others they won't come talk to us because we are so rude.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited September 2013
    Evalen wrote:
    ...By the way how do I get to the other sims 4 forum, I signed up for it but don't know how to get to it now.

:D Here ya go Evalen: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/257.page
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited September 2013
    As internet forums go, TS# ones are some of the nicest ones, actually. Even with a lot of the arguing. I've been posting on forums/BBs/etc for the past two decades and these forums don't come anywhere near to being actually unfriendly, negative, just bad.

Seriously, in general, TS3 forums are some of the friendliest and most tolerant forums I have ever been on.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Just to be clear, I was referring to being told Gurus won't answer our questions here because we are so childish an rude here. I was only making a point that isn't true..(at least I hope not) and they are on other fansites where people do use curse words and say they aren't buying TS4 for whatever reasons they have. Here most of us do obey the 'rules'..they are allowed to curse over there.. :wink: and don't swear. We may get a little bent out of shape over here..and my only point in bringing up some Devs do 'answer' questions over there and respond to their suggestions and even demands,..but we rarely see someone here on the official site.

It was just an observation, that's all. Because so many times we are all told by others they won't come talk to us because we are so rude.

Actually Cinebar? A Guru was in this thread a page back and talked to you directly. But you were too busy arguing to notice. :lol: