Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades stuff pack or Diesel stuff pack

Hi everyone,
I know this might not be the best place to ask but this is where my friends are at :D
*waves*
And it's always a busy forum section with people who have lots of EP's and SP's and those are the people I need to make this decision!

I got an Origin discount code last week because I was being patient etc. in the live chat :D

And I was thinking about buying a stuff pack and I'm having trouble choosing between the Decades stuff pack and Diesel.
You guys would really help me out if you could answer these questions, it's all about your opinion:
1. Which SP has the best CAS stuff?
2. Which SP has the best build/buy stuff? (does Diesel even include furniture?)
3. Which SP is best?
4. Any pro's and con's for both?
5. Anything else you want to add?

Thanks for helping out!

Comments

• Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited July 2013

Decades stuff all type way,
    Diesel is rather limited with only a few buy items,
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm with MsRed. :wink:

Just to add, Diesel has a lot of clothing with it, but for me personally, not the sort of stuff I like to dress my Sims up in. If i were you, I would look both SPs up and compare what you get with them and base your decision on that, because to each their own. You can get a pretty comprehensive preview of them here at SimsVIP.
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited July 2013
    It depends on what you want from it. If you like building more than creating Sims and would like to get more furniture, then you should get "Decades" (or vice versa). To be honest, I like "Diesel" clothing and those very few pieces of furniture that come with it, but it's simply not enough. However, I'd still choose "Diesel" over "Decades" because I like it more :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't have either (neither really appeals to my personal taste), but I'd still like to help you out. Carl's Sims 3 Guide comprehensively breaks down each pack so you see exactly what you're getting in terms of Build/Buy and CAS items. I'll post the links below.

Decades Stuff
    Diesel Stuff

Good luck :)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your comments!
    I did check out some websites about the stuff packs.
    I like the jeans that come with Diesel but not sure if that's enough to buy a stuff pack even when getting a discount.
    Not to sure about the clothes that come with Decades :D Some are too weird for my sim to wear :P Love the furniture though!

Hmm still indecisive, but that might have something to do with a tiring day of work :P
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited July 2013
    1. Which SP has the best CAS stuff? Decades
    2. Which SP has the best build/buy stuff? (does Diesel even include furniture?) I don't know if Diesel includes aby furniture. I'd say Decades.
    3. Which SP is best? Decades
    4. Any pro's and con's for both? Decades has a lot of great clothes and hairs. I can't think of any cons. Diesel has a few good CAS items but hardly if any build items.
  • Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry for not answering the questions properly, but please may I shout from the rooftops:

Diesel!
    Because Jeans!

I don't know how I coped dressing my poor sims - especially the males - before I got Diesel. Your sims will thank you from the bottom of their hearts!

I also like the build/buy items that come with Diesel (although I accept they are few). Decades is too costumey/themed for me, I don't find myself using it at all. I suppose it's down to personal taste, but it would be Diesel all the way for me :mrgreen:

• Options
    DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited July 2013
    I personally, if choosing b/t those two would go with the decades pack, knowing what I know of them now since I Do have both.

One of my Favorite bits of the decades pack is the makeup!! (yes, there's make-up!) and while some of it is rather wild, With recolors, some if it is Really nice, and I find myself using one or two of them rather often lately. The clothes are pretty cool too, and recolor really well, love some of the full-outfits. Plus the furniture in it is versatile enough to use in so many ways. Have you seEeeEen the giant stereo? :)

Diesel does have nice jeans and clothes, but several of them have English words written all over them and personally that kinda irks me... It should have been simlish IMO if at all.. (but maybe that has something to do with my own preferences, I refuse to be anyone's walking advertisement so I Don't wear clothes etc with name brands plastered all over it) but it Does have nice stuff, the furniture isn't bad either, one of my favorite pieces is a little round mirror hung by a cord.

It's really up to your personal preferences, how do you want to play them? :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2013
    1. Which SP has the best CAS stuff? I'm not really crazy about either of them to be honest, though both have a few nice bits and pieces. The Diesel jeans all have a painted on look, and a lot of the ladies' tops don't sit right. But the Decades stuff isn't really very flexible for everyday play. Decades has two grungy outfits I use; Disel has about 5 tops that I use.
    2. Which SP has the best build/buy stuff? (does Diesel even include furniture?) Diesel. It has less stuff but every item is pure gold. Unforunately the bed has some stencils that can't be removed and one of the lamps looks a bit flimsy and CC-like, but everything else is perfect IMO. I don't think I've used any of the Decades stuff, apart from maybe a couple of posters. It's icky. And the disco ball doesn't even have any animations.
    3. Which SP is best? Diesel.
    4. Any pro's and con's for both? See above :P
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2013
    Two thumbs up on that review, GreenCats!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much for the great review Greencats! And the others as well offcourse (Daelia lots of info!)
    I think I will reconsider everything again tomorrow after a good night sleep :D

I think I will end up with both of them when another sale happens for stuff packs :D
    My mind is thinking Diesel now but still like some of the furniture of Decades... If only they added it to the store!

I really do like your builders view on this Greencats as I like to build too so it's good to know that Diesel has good stuff even with less in it!
    The grungy look of the outfits is keeping me from Decades for now I guess. I do love that plant and the Chocosofa and Chocospacer though :D
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited July 2013
    I just got Decades myself. I do like that stuff pack, but Diesel is something I use more frequently. The clothes in Diesel are just great! I love the jeans.
    Though I have to agree with other comment, Decades is better if you prefer to build.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love the jeans in Diesel and the sofa and bed (even with its unremovable stencil on the bedding)!

I like some of the stuff from decades too, but not enough to get it until it was on sale. ;}
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited July 2013
    I have both but I had to uninstall Diesel. Not a lot of computers can handle the SP and it was causing my computer to crash.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Okay so I discovered the discount code would only give me €3 of discount. Then I looked around and found that the SP are on sale for €12.99 (normal price is €19.99) SO as I'm a s*cker for discounts and free delivery :P I decided to get both as it just a little extra and no delivery costs (free delivery starts at €20 :D). And I get the disc version :P
    So I'm saving myself more money with 2 packs instead of 1 through Origin :D

Thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    SimbolicSimbolic Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've got both.

I love the sofa & matching armchair that came in Diesel, I never use the bed because you can't change the bedcover. I cannot stand the tables with the pictures on (which can't be recoloured), but the chests & some of the lights fit in a lot of different builds quite well.
    Some of the clothes are nice, but I build more than dress my sims.

I use the hanging plant that came in the Decades pack quite a lot as well as the hanging fireplace & tend to use the Dance wall panel in comic stores or dance clubs.
    I use one of the chairs (low wide lounger) quite often which actually goes okay with the Deisel chairs.
    I think I've used a couple of the outfits just to get more variety in gym wear for females (not on my own sims, so I didn't like them that much :roll: ), but most of them I've never really used.

Overall I'd say I prefer the Deisel pack because I use it more.
    I want to prefer the other one, but it's too heavily themed so I don't really end up using most of the stuff in it.
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited July 2013
    Love Diesel. I just recently un-installed Decades because I never used it and my game was getting way overloaded.

sorry I didn't answer the questions. and I didn't read the thread. I just got super tired all of a sudden. LOL

Edit- Just saw you got both! Hooray! Easy way to make a decision. :D
  • Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2013
    I was coming in here to tell you to get Diesel lol, I love it so many jeans! And I soo rarely find myself using Decades, mostly I just use the pictures lol. But I see you've already bought both! So yay, grats sweetie! :D