Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WrathofCath's D.N.A. Requester's Contact

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am really happy with it :)

Edit: I am going to try to edit the yard a bit for my self though. Adding a playground-lika area f.ex.
    Something that didn't really cross my mind that I needed/wanted until I moved in yesterday night.
    I am also thinking about making a working gate I can lock, in case I decide to re-enable Celebritys in my game. I really dislike the way Paparazzis invade your home and refuse to leave with celebrity-status activated.

All in all I would have to say this is one of the loveliest creations of DNA I have seen thus far (although I may be partial in my judgement :mrgreen: )

Again, thanks for making this for me and for letting me be part of the process of making the basics :D (and it's already up to 77 downloads as I write this. I'm no expert, but I think that's a pretty good testament of how wonderfull this build is after less than 24 hours :thumbup: )
    [/quote]

Thank you so very much for that most awesome of compliments! :mrgreen:

It's kinda funny cause when I was landscaping the backyard, I wanted to put a play area next to the little tool shed. But you hadn't really mentioned it and I wasn't sure if you would be interested in it or not. I wasn't even sure about the nursery, but I figured you could change it to a regular bedroom if you wanted.

It should be easy enough to fence in that backyard area. I didn't know about the paparazzi invading your space! I hardly ever play, only enough to check for routing and upgrades.

I'm so happy that you're enjoying it! :XD:
  • Options
    SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2013

Thank you so very much for that most awesome of compliments! :mrgreen:

It's kinda funny cause when I was landscaping the backyard, I wanted to put a play area next to the little tool shed. But you hadn't really mentioned it and I wasn't sure if you would be interested in it or not. I wasn't even sure about the nursery, but I figured you could change it to a regular bedroom if you wanted.

It should be easy enough to fence in that backyard area. I didn't know about the paparazzi invading your space! I hardly ever play, only enough to check for routing and upgrades.

I'm so happy that you're enjoying it! :XD:

Well, I am glad you decided to add the nursery, another thing that was needed that I just didn't think of. So thank you for that as well :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cath, WOW! :D This is pretty impressive! What a stunning architecture! Love the high roofs! That waterfall is so beautiful! Love the split leveling in the garden. The sunken pool area looks wonderful. Beautiful interiors too. Love the kitchen, living room and the double bedroom. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    SBJ- You're very welcome! 8)

Yanti! Thank you first for stopping in and secondly for your very generous comments! It's always a pleasure to hear from you! Big hugs! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited October 2013
    Not sure if you'll see this anytime soon, but I have a question for you about Grimm Manor.

Which items/designs(walls, floors etc.) did you use from Supernatural, Showtime and Generations for builöding it?

I am asking because I got a "graphical" glith where the game places a piece of slanted floor outside the porch of the main entrance.

I just got Supernatural today, so now I have that one installed though(and plan to re-download Grimm). The other two I'll probably not have anytime soon the way things are.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sorry for such a late response SBJuthberg. I just noticed you left a comment.

I think the slanted floor tile may be one of those annoying "flying ceiling tiles". It's some kind of glitch with the game.

If you go into build mode, you can just smash it with the hammer. Just put your hammer over it and when it highlights, hit it. It should disappear after that. 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Villebro! I just had a couple of questions for you.

After reading through your request and most recent post, it looks as though you would only like this build to include Base Game, World Adventures and Into the Future, correct?

I will try for a 40x40 but I'm not sure if I may have to use a bigger lot. It's a pretty big house and I will have to allow room for the driveway on the side. I will give it a go though and see if it can fit.

I'm sure I will have more questions for you, but that's really all for now. If you have anything you would like to ask or tell me, you can leave your questions on this thread. I will make sure I check in.

I'm really looking forward to starting this! It's such a pretty house! Have a great week!

Cath
  • Options
    villebro30villebro30 Posts: 276 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yes, WA and ITF are the only ones I have on my computer right now.

After looking at the houseplans closer, you'll probably have to go bigger than 40x40. That's fine...I just got a better power supply in my computer, so a bigger lot should work now.

I'll keep checking in for any more questions. Have a great week!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Villebro, I did try to see if I could make a 40x40 work, but there's no way. It's just to large of a house. So now my question to you is, would you like me to use one of the 60x60 lots up near the Alto's? The house would fit in that neighborhood very nicely I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I think that would work.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Villebro, I was just wondering if you had some of these store items. If not it's fine, I can substitute something from one of the games you have installed.

Archimedean Stairs (spiral stairs)
    Archibald Door
    Muntin Window
    The Royales Window
    Porterman Glass Doors
    Distinguished Bookcase

Do you have any venues that you use? I was curious about La Cinema. There is the media room on the 2nd floor that I wanted to use a big tv for. If not, I'll figure something out.

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I do have all of those items. I also have Le Cinema, so if you want to use any of those items, that's fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi! I don't mean to bother you, but I was wondering how my build was coming along? I haven't heard anything in a while and was just curious. I know that everyone is finishing up holiday stuff, and I understand if you've been busy. Like I said, I was just curious as to how it's coming. Sorry if I'm being a pain.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi Villebro, I have been meaning to let you know that I am still here and really haven't forgotten about you, lol! :lol:

The holidays combined with a couple of other projects have had me moving a little slower than usual. Sorry for that! :oops:

I did actually have a few more questions for you. Here's a list of items I'm wondering about:

Voluminous Curtains, Fantastic Fringe, Powdered Wig for curtains?
    Extra Exquisite Ceiling Light? Dresser of Sentiment, Haute Hacienda Bookcase, Chaos Free Cubby, VDB Overhead Cabinet, Vaindenburger Chair, Excessinator Stove and Gothique dining table?

The floor plan also calls for a laundry room and I was wondering if you had the Loads of Laundry set?

As for the kids rooms and playroom, what sets do you have for them?

Again, no worries if you don't have these items, I'm just playing around with some ideas right now.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Thanks for your patience. Happy New Year! :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I figured you had gotten busy with holiday stuff. I guess I was just being antsy, lol.

As far as the items you listed, I'm almost positive I have them all. And if there is anything I don't have, it'll give me something to spend my simpoints on. I think the only things I don't have are the sets that were released within the last month or two and I also don't have Roaring Heights (and don't really want to buy it right now).

I do have the Loads of Laundry set and as far as kids' sets, I think I have them all, including the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes ones. I also have the playpen and walker that came with Aurora Skies, so you can use about anything kids wise from the store.

Happy New Year to you as well!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Villebro, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you, I promise. :D

I wanted to give you an update. I'm pretty much finished with the landscaping and the upstairs. I still have some rooms downstairs to finish, but I'm hoping it won't take me too much longer.

As soon as I get to the testing and upgrading point, I will let you know. Thank you for being so patient. :P I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It's no problem at all! I really appreciate you building this for me, and am excited to see the end product (even if it takes awhile). This was a pretty good sized build and we had the holidays in there as well, ao I didn't expect it to be done quickly. Thanks again for taking this on!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Villebro, I wanted to let you know that I am now in the testing/upgrading phase, so it's almost completed! I still have to take the pictures and then edit (I'm really picky about this part) :D but it shouldn't be very much longer.

My husband and I are going away for the weekend and I would Love to be able to upload before we leave on Friday afternoon. I really will try my best but worse case scenario it will be early next week.

I really tried my best not to use too much store content, only where I really felt it was needed. I mostly used Base Game and World Adventures. Very few items from Into the Future (I think maybe just the pool table).

I did use the windows and doors I asked you about at the beginning of the build. They include:

Archimedean Stairs, Archibald Door, Muntin Window, Porterman Glass Doors, and The Royales Window.

The curtains were a real tough spot because some of the big windows are on angled walls. I had trouble trying to find something that would fit the window properly without sticking outside the exterior wall. :? I ended up going with Fantastic Fringe Curtains and Decorative Curtains for those windows.

I did use a lot of content from Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes Set as you said you had that one.

This is important because I just realized that it's not listed in the appliance section of the store. For the outdoor kitchen area I used Home on the Range Grill. Can you let me know if you have this one and if not what kinds of grills do you have?

I used the Gothique Dining Table. If you don't have this and would like me to replace it with the glass topped dining table that comes with Base Game, please just let me know.

The only other thing I was wondering about for now is some of the garden plants. I'm not sure what comes with just Base Game and WA. Do you have:

Pumpkins, carrots, eggplant, bananas and/or lemons? If not, I will replace them with something else in the garden.

I will check back for your response and make the adjustments that are needed. For now, I'm heading back in game to try to finish up. :D

EDIT: I just remembered a tv in the playroom! JML Technologic 4:3 TV. It looks really nice with the bookcases from Lullabies and Nursery set. I also found:

Overachieving Bookshelf, the Vaindenburger Chair, VDB Overhead Cabinet and Extra Exquisite Ceiling Light, and the Novelty Dining Chairs Collection Series 1, 2 and 3 (those little animal chairs for kids.

I can change any of these if you do not have them and would like me too. Please just let me know which ones you want replaced. Thank you! :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure that I have all of that store stuff (too lazy to check right now, lol). Like I said, if I don't have it, I'll just buy it. As far as the plants, I think they'll work okay. I know that the eggplant and lemons come with Humble Harvest Stands, which I do have installed. I'm not sure about the carrots and bananas, but I remember that pumpkins came with Seasons.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay, I will leave the eggplants and lemons and change over the rest. I kinda had a feeling pumpkins came with Seasons. I'm thinking carrots might be Pets and I have no idea about bananas, lol!

Back to work! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi Villebro, so I'm not sure if you noticed that earlier this evening, I uploaded a build. It is your house and the Exchange said that it had something from Pets in there, so I quickly took it down.

I have gone back in game and searched and searched, but I am stumped as to what it could possibly be. I have checked everything I can think of and still come up empty.

I'm wondering if maybe it's a pattern I used (they aren't labeled, so no way of knowing what came from which pack) or maybe just some kind of glitch. I have heard people complain about this sort of thing before. It's just so frustrating!

So now I have to ask what you would like me to do. I can go ahead and upload it and if you happen to see anything really off in the build (compared to the bunch of pics I will have a link to) you could let me know. That way I could go back in and fix it, then re-upload for you.

I'll wait to hear back from you before doing anything.

Thanks,
    Cath
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Go ahead and upload it. I actually reinstalled Pets and Supernatural today for my kids (they really missed those 2 expansions). So it would work fine for me if there is something that you missed. Thanks for checking with me, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Whew!!! Thank you Villebro. I hope it's everything you hoped for. :D

Your kids have good taste! I love SN, by far my favorite EP. And as for Pets, well I've got 3 black labs of my own in RL, lol!

It was a pleasure working with you. :D Enjoy your new home! :P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Villebro30- Your Request is ready! It is called Kensington Estate and can be found here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7928665

Inspiration Picture:

KensingtonEstate_zps1ec566ce.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-5_zpse61b31a2.jpg"width=640"

First Floor Plan from Inspiration:

FirstFloorPlan_zpsd9b75723.gif"width=640"

Screenshot-123_zps540c8016.jpg"width=640"

Second Floor Plan from Inspiration:

SecondFloorPlan_zps37e5d5a8.gif"width=640"

Screenshot-122_zps40234068.jpg"width=640"

More Pictures can be found here:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Kensington Estate/KensingtonEstate_zps1ec566ce.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh wow! You did an amazing job with this! I don't even know where to begin...everything from the pictures looks so great. I can't wait to get it downloaded and go through the house to check everything out closer. But of course, the exchange is being goofy, and won't let me go to the page, so I have to wait awhile.:( Thank you so much for taking this on, and doing a fantastic job!