Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WrathofCath's D.N.A. Requester's Contact

Comments

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hello Rose! Thank you for your kind words. It's always so lovely to see you! I hope you are feeling well. Hugs! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi there, no problem with changing the master bath to the other side, I was thinking about doing that too. :D

I could try to make the tower one tile larger, but I'm not sure how that will look. The thing about the balcony you would like is that it would end up at the bathroom on the 2nd level. If you don't care about an entrance on that side, I could try it, I guess. That would make it accessible from the master only.

As for the big bedroom on the 2nd floor we wouldn't have to worry about a hall at all because there is room for an entrance just next to the stairs for one room and the 2nd room would be entered from the other end of the hall, near the spiral staircase end.

• Options
    SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, skip the tower.balcony, if you read this before you get going.
    I realized there is a balcone for the Master suite already, only it's partially obscured by the roof of the kitchen-tower.

How do you think removing that particular roof would work out?
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Every time I look your build is looking better and better! :D
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love your new build so far Cath, It already looks stunning! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Just wanted to ask how things are progressing :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yanti- Thank you for those kind words! Big Hugs! :P

Samj6- Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving such a nice comment! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey SBJ, one more little pic that I think you'll be happy with. :-D

Slide1_zpsa1f7e886.png

I did end up moving the tower out by one so there could be a nice sitting area in there for the master.
    I also added the balcony between the master and the shared bath on the 2nd floor with access from the side of the tower in the master.
    I added a little piece of deck in front of the dining room and placed the hot tub there.
    Changed the stairs a little and I'm really much happier with how the deck looks now.

All in all, I'm very pleased with how the build is coming along. I will be working on the interiors next for a bit.

I did want to ask if you happen to have these items from the store:
    The Travelers Choice Hat Box Round and Box style
    Loitering Luggage

If not, it's not a big deal. Just thought I'd check. :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Wow, and ouch(I banged my knee into the desk...). That is absolutely awesome :D I really like it. I guess that concludes the house itself, wich I am very satisfied with :thumbup:

I do not have either of those items. But it's "only" 50 points, so I guess I can afford them (have 303 points left).
    I did get the Pedro Estate Arch II earlier, after I saw in one of the internal pictures is the one you choose (and it fits great I think)

So I guess that leaves the interior and garden decoration, for which I think I'll give you a free pass on :)
    The only "real" instruction I have is to try to achieve Beautifully Decorated if at all possible with the stuff I have. (Though I wouldn't mind getting "Mmm, cupcakes" if you have that one)
    For the yard I'd really like it if it's lush and inviting :D

If you're planning on doing the basement, I wouldn't mind if you surpised me with some secret doors and hidden rooms :mrgreen:

Edit; Unless you want me to give further input into the decorating as well of course, if so I'd be happy to oblige 8)

Edit 2; I have been thinking about getting either "Column End Table" or "Demeter's End Table". Do you have either of these two? If you have both, which one do you think would fit best?
  • Options
    gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey there--thanks for your comment on my forum page. I wanted to catch up on your builds too! I am all caught up on recs for you--amazing studio! And your WIP is incredible. You have wonderful ideas--the design and roofing are outstanding and your waterfall is terrific. Can't wait to see the finished house--reallly cool!

Karen
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Love the pretty pattern you have used for the exterior Cath. Gives the build such a lot of character! Love that tower too! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey SBJ,
    I must have misunderstood earlier in the thread when you mentioned thinking about either "Pedro Estate Arch II" or "Arch-way to Paradise." I assumed you already owned both of those. Please don't feel you have to buy anything from the store, I only ask so I won't use something you might not have. Don't worry about the hatboxes or the suitcases, they're really not necessary and I think I changed my mind about what I was going to use them for anyway. 8) As for the other items you mentioned, I do have all of them, so IF you decide to purchase them, just let me know. Again, none of these are necessary for the build. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello Karen! Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving such lovely comments! :D Thank you for all the Rec's also! So nice to see you. Hugs!

Hi Yanti! Thank you for your continuing support in this build. I really appreciate your taking the time to have a peek and leave a comment! :mrgreen: Big Hugs!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey SBJ,
    I must have misunderstood earlier in the thread when you mentioned thinking about either "Pedro Estate Arch II" or "Arch-way to Paradise." I assumed you already owned both of those. Please don't feel you have to buy anything from the store, I only ask so I won't use something you might not have. Don't worry about the hatboxes or the suitcases, they're really not necessary and I think I changed my mind about what I was going to use them for anyway. 8) As for the other items you mentioned, I do have all of them, so IF you decide to purchase them, just let me know. Again, none of these are necessary for the build. :D

Well, for the archways, I knew one of those would fit best and that I would buy one of them at least. The Pedro II fits really well from what I've seen as well.

I just got the Column End Table, so you can use that one :) I also purchesed "Mmmmmm! Cupcakes!", "Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand", "Murano Retro and Ripe Fruit Bowl" and "Dominique's Dominate Globe" just now.
    Also noticed I had "Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture" as well, not sure if I mentioned that in "Store items" or not.

And yes, I have a bad case of sweet tooth :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ahem, I just thought about something...

How far along with the yard-decoration are you now? I was thinking maybe a small toolshed next to the farming-area you had planned. No need for a foundation on the shed though.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey there SBJ,

I have been kind of quiet as I was working like crazy on your build. I'm happy to say that it is very nearly finished.:D I just had a couple of questions for you. I want to check on some items and make sure that you do have them. If not, NO worries. 8) I can easily use some other items that I am sure you do have. Here they are:

Portable Platter
    Lunar Year Candy Box
    Smell b gone containment hamper
    New Years Nectar

Thanks! Should be finished very soon! :XD:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey there SBJ,

I have been kind of quiet as I was working like crazy on your build. I'm happy to say that it is very nearly finished.:D I just had a couple of questions for you. I want to check on some items and make sure that you do have them. If not, NO worries. 8) I can easily use some other items that I am sure you do have. Here they are:

Portable Platter
    Lunar Year Candy Box
    Smell b gone containment hamper
    New Years Nectar

Thanks! Should be finished very soon! :XD:

Only one I have is the New Years Nectar as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    That's fine. Are you sure about the hamper ( smellb gone containment)? It's supposed to come with Town Life which I think you have. I only ask because it's smaller than the other one and I can hide it behind furniture. That way you don't end up with piles of dirty clothes on the floor.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ok, then I should have that one. I just didn't see it in the store-items or free downloads.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey there SBJ,

Your request is ready. Here's the link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7709762

Slide02_zps33f4d353.png

You can find lots more pictures and info on Grimm Manor here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/330/661413.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow Wrath :shock:
    That's very creative if I must say so myself.
    Can't wait to see more :D
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited October 2013
    Awesome! Amazing! Astonishing! Build, landscaping and interiors! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Downloaded, favved and recced. Thank you :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey Crs! Thank you so much!

Hiya Rox! Thank you!!! Big hugs!

SBJ I really hope you are happy with it! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey Crs! Thank you so much!

Hiya Rox! Thank you!!! Big hugs!

SBJ I really hope you are happy with it! :)

I am really happy with it :)

Edit: I am going to try to edit the yard a bit for my self though. Adding a playground-lika area f.ex.
    Something that didn't really cross my mind that I needed/wanted until I moved in yesterday night.
    I am also thinking about making a working gate I can lock, in case I decide to re-enable Celebritys in my game. I really dislike the way Paparazzis invade your home and refuse to leave with celebrity-status activated.

All in all I would have to say this is one of the loveliest creations of DNA I have seen thus far (although I may be partial in my judgement :mrgreen: )

Again, thanks for making this for me and for letting me be part of the process of making the basics :D (and it's already up to 77 downloads as I write this. I'm no expert, but I think that's a pretty good testament of how wonderfull this build is after less than 24 hours :thumbup: )
    Post edited by Unknown User on