Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WrathofCath's D.N.A. Requester's Contact

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looking great Cath! Great start! Love the landscaping. :D
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    Omg I love it! This is exactly the direction I wanted, though I never could have imagined something so beautiful!! I am so glad i put in a request for this. I really need to leanrn to landscape!

Love the pond, adore the bridge. Gazebo is such a nice idea and the fountain going into the pond from it is so beautiful. So excited you have included the nautical touches but not gone overboard.

I don't think it's too crowded at all, but I wonder if the statue at the front and the poseidon fountain are blocking the lovely visual flow of the path?

I really like the statues at the back. They don't look spooky at all in is context, just kind of wistful, which is what I wanted. Do you know what the larger one on the right is? I'm sure I must have it but I don't recognise it.

Totally blown away by what you have so far. My sims will be ranting about death and cooking on the cheap stove just to get a place here sooner :-)

Edit: forgot to say, I also love that it's balanced but not symmetrical - feels much more casual that way. You are very clever :-)

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    Phew! I was really nervous about what you'd think...

I'm just starting on the walkway around the pond. I would like to line the banks with flowers and shrubs, as well as dress up the walkways with some flowers. Do you think it will be too much?

I'd also like to line the fence surrounding the lot with shrubs and flowers, but if you think it's better to leave it as is, that's fine.

Not sure about the Big Guy. Will see who he is and let you know.

Is the Gazebo okay or would you rather not have it? I just thought that it was THE perfect corner of the lot to take in those lovely ocean views. I could put in a chess table in there if you'd like or would you rather just keep it strictly visiting purposes only?

I checked with my sim and it seems like the graves are okay to mourn at. I don't play much so I'm not sure what's the proper way to do this.

As far as the catacombs go, there is plenty of space downstairs. I was going to include restrooms there. The thing I don't know about GC is when you want to move your current loved ones from a grave above, what happens? Are they in an urn? I'm just wondering what kind of storage I should include for that. There is a pretty big area down there, so you should be able to keep em coming, lol!

Happy that your happy so far! :D

edited February 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Looking great Cath! Great start! Love the landscaping. :D

Thank you so much Yanti! Building for someone as skilled as GC is a more than a little intimidating :shock: :oops: :roll:
    edited February 2014
    Hi GC, I have some more pictures for you and I really would like to know if this is what you had in mind or if I need to make some changes. For instance, I started thinking about the gazebo and wondered if you think it's too odd to have in the cemetery? In the beginning of the project, I researched landscape ideas for cemeteries and found a cool picture that had one, which is where I got the idea. However, if you would rather not have it, I can replace it with some type of waterfall flowing into the pond?

The big statue is called "Granite Magus of the Vociferation". I forgot to check what it came with while I was in game, but will TRY to remember next time I go in game.

I moved the statues and fountain around a bit and I think they look better now.

If you see anything you don't like, or have an idea for something different, please let me know.

I will be doing the catacombs next. It's a 9x14 area and I want to include rest rooms but do you care if it's unisex or would you rather have separate for ladies and men?

I'm still not sure what happens when you remove an old buried person to make room for new ones. Does it get replaced with an urn?

I'm trying to figure out what I need to have down there for storage of your older corpses. (Oh this is just such a weird thing to be discussing, lol!). I hate thinking about stuff like this in RL so it's funny that we're talking about for fun, lol!

Anyhoo, here's what I have so far:

Screenshot_zps6ffbdd90.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-2_zps16fadd05.jpg"width=640"

Catacombs entrance with pet cemetery. Left for cats and dogs and to the right of the building horses and unicorns. Are the gargoyles too much?

Screenshot-3_zps5b0dfc73.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-6_zps2f51dc69.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-10_zps545287d6.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-11_zps780d233d.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-7_zpsc7edb237.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-4_zps058af102.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-9_zps234f6531.jpg"width=640"

Once again, Please let me know if you would like Anything changed or removed. I really want you to be happy with this.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited February 2014
    Ooooooh! :D I just love that gazebo with the waterfall and the bridge! Great MOO work with the flower pot and the old boat. Clever idea Cath! :thumbup: :D
    edited February 2014
    Omg, Looks stunning!! Will reply more extensively tomorrow but just wanted to say I love what you're doing.

New statue placement js brillinat, Unisex bathrooms are my preference anyway, and I don't think the gargoyles are too much. Gazebo isbeautiful - please don't get rid of it! :-)

When you move a gravestone indoors, it turns into a urn. I think the buy debug ones do this too. Is that what you were asking? Xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited February 2014
    Wanted to reiterate how much I love your WIP, and also reply in a bit more detail. I love all the benches you've added, and the extra flowers are nice (I was worried they'd be too much, but they're not). I love how you've placed all the statues now - the ones you've moved look great in their new homes.

I think the gargoyles work well! I know I said no gothic stuff, but the whole lot is so peaceful and colourful that I think it can carry them. I am wondering though, what would happen if you lightened the colour of that whole little entrance building up match to the gazbo and catacombs rabit hole thing? It's beautiful as it is, but I'm just wondering how it would look.

I'm so happy about all the subtle nautical touches - the boats, anchor, and the porthole windows in the lovely gazebo. Love all the grave placements, and that you've included some of each kind.

Basically, I'm completely in love with it, and I'm excited to see what you do underground! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Regarding the chess table question - it is so pretty as it is now, with sims being able to look out to see, but it might be fun to play chess with departed friends, so I am torn!! You just do what you like best :D
    edited February 2014
    Hi GC, first off I want to Thank you so much for the lovely compliments! I'm so happy you're pleased with it.

I almost forgot that I had asked about the chess table :lol: I absolutely don't think it would work in there. I think I was just trying to fill up the gazebo, but when I went back in game, I found I really like it with just the sitting area.

I totally agree with your idea for lightening up the catacomb building. See?! This is why I wanted your opinion. I would have completely overlooked that! :D I will try out some different lighter stonework to see what looks good. Once we get it lightened up, I might decide against the gargoyles, lol! Oh and a question about that building, I used "Portal to your Dreams Door and Gothique Window". Are these items okay to use?

I had some ideas for the underground, but I'm not sure how they will work. I have never played long enough to bring my deceased to a cemetery. So I brought Bella Goth with her ancestors remains over to the catacombs and tried having her put them down there. Problem is, once she left the lot, the remains went back into her inventory. Is there a way to get them to stay on the lot? I'm just curious how this works. :mrgreen:

As far as that giant statue, turns out it's a wizard statue that came with a bundle purchase, a mystery item I think. If you don't have it, I can take him out though.

I will get busy finishing up the underground next and post some pictures as soon as I've gotten it figured out. :XD:
    edited February 2014
    I agree, the seating area is perfect! :-)

The door and window - yes, I recognise both of them from my game.

Hmm, that is strange about Bella. I have had no problems getting my graves to stay put. I've never tried putting them actually in the rabbit hole catacombs if that's what you mean. I just plop them down on the ground.

Oh those darn mystery items!! I want that statue so badly :lol::lol: Yes, if you could replace him with a different one that would be wonderful.

So excited to see your next update!
    edited February 2014
    Okay, so after a minor "Freak-Out!", I was extremely relieved to find out that I did use the correct lot after all. Whew!

I was going in game and came across a Second graveyard (?) on a 30x30 lot. I flipped! I thought maybe I used the wrong lot, but when I went back and checked out your request, I was so happy to see that you wanted the 40x40. :mrgreen:

I finished up with the catacombs and upgraded the bathroom fixtures down there. I put in some buydebug urns for now.

I did lighten up the stonework on the catacomb building and changed the color of the door to match the one on the mausoleum. I removed the wizard statue and put in the Literary one. He kind of looks like a preacher holding his prayer book, so I figured he'd be okay over there by the mausoleum.

I also added the cemetery fence sign by the pet cemetery. It does seem to get blocked by the cherry tree a little from some viewpoints, so if you want it removed, I'll take it out.

I think just about the only thing left to do, is figure out a name for it, (I hate this part) :lol:

Did you have anything in mind? Are you changing the name of the town from BB? I have a few suggestions: Ocean's Rest, Tranquil Repose, Eternal Garden, Eternal Horizons or maybe a different combination of any of these.

Anyhoo, here are the newest pictures:

Screenshot-16_zps08af9938.jpg"width=640"

Lighter stonework with the blueish door to match mausoleum. I can't change the color of the rooftop adornments (other than the lightening rod) so I wanted to keep a bit of the darker shade around the door and windows to tie them in.

Screenshot-17_zps6df03d1a.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-18_zps40833dea.jpg"width=640"

New statue:

Screenshot-21_zpsa2060015.jpg"width=640"

Cemetery Fence Sign:

Screenshot-19_zpsd952954c.jpg"width=640"

Below with darkened up edges. I think it looks better this way.

Screenshot-2_zps0b9e652a.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-20_zps8bd3fa04.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-23_zps1b3f5e8e.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-24_zpsd196330c.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-5_zpse49f5341.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-6_zpsa9dbe9e9.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-25_zpsc33ebcff.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-26_zps2a46f545.jpg"width=640"

If there's anything that looks like it needs to be changed or removed, please just let me know. :D

EDIT: When looking at the pics again, I noticed that I don't really like how the corners of the catacomb building look so light at the bottom and then dark where the top finial type things are. I'm wondering if it might look better with those being darker too. I'm gonna head in game and try it, then I will post here with the new picture.

Here it is with the darker edges. I will add it up above so we can compare.

Screenshot-2_zps0b9e652a.jpg"width=640"

edited February 2014
    It looks mysterious! Just waiting for a sim to explore! :mrgreen:
    edited February 2014
    Lol, yes there are two graveyards. Sorry, I should have warned you. There's also another lot that has gravestones but isn't zoned as a graveyard. Seems pretty excessive! The 40x40 is the biggest though and has the nicest view :-)

The catacombs look wonderful! As Yanti says, very mysterious. I love the dramatic entrance to the toilets!

Can I just check about two objects really quickly? The dragon sink the wall candle (not the tudor one with the mirror, the other, simpler one). I may have them, but I don't recognise them, particularly the candle.

I like all of the little changes you've made since your last update, especially the new door colour of the catacombs.

You've done such an amazing job on this lot, Cath. Your creations are always so lovely, but I never dreamed of having such a perfect graveyard in my town! It's obviously beautiful, but what I love most about it is the feel of the place; it's so peaceful, but also kind of eerie (without being in-your-face with it, with mist etc.). It's casual but also quiet and somber, like it would be a huge affront for a sim to come along with a boom box or something - and I don't feel that way about the EA graveyards at all.
    edited February 2014
    I like all of the names you suggested, but I LOVE the first one, Ocean's Rest :mrgreen:
    edited February 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    I like all of the names you suggested, but I LOVE the first one, Ocean's Rest :mrgreen:

I was so hoping that would be the one you picked, YAY! I just thought of that one as I was finishing up the catacombs and it just feels right.

I will get in game in just a bit to check out where the sink and candle come from.

Once we have that all straightened out, I think it will be good to go!
    edited February 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    It looks mysterious! Just waiting for a sim to explore! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much for your kind comments and encouragement Yanti! They mean the world to me and you never miss an update! :XD: Big hugs!
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ooooooh! :D I just love that gazebo with the waterfall and the bridge! Great MOO work with the flower pot and the old boat. Clever idea Cath! :thumbup: :D

And I am sooo sorry that I forgot to reply to this lovely message. :oops: Thank you once again Yanti! You're the BEST! :thumbup: :thumbup: xxoo
    edited February 2014
    My mistake GC... Those lights were from the Olympian Physique, which you did say you don't own. I'm so sorry. :oops: I had no idea where they were from until I googled it. The sink is from DV, so I think we'll be okay there.

I changed the lights out to the Candlequrium Wall Light from SuperNatural. I have a picture of it. I also decide to add a shelf to each section downstairs. There was plenty of room for it and I think it looks better.

Screenshot-3_zps9ebd3009.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-4_zps24148c22.jpg"width=640"

I have to run out to do some errands, but if you think we're all set, I can just take a few more shots and upload it either tonight or tomorrow. If there's anything you think we need to check on though, there's absolutely no rush.
    edited February 2014
    My mistake GC... Those lights were from the Olympian Physique, which you did say you don't own. I'm so sorry. :oops: I had no idea where they were from until I googled it. The sink is from DV, so I think we'll be okay there.

Oh totally my bad! Jessa actually gifted me that venue shortly after I submitted my request :oops: So I do have the lights. The Supernatural ones look lovely though, so you can use whichever you prefer. Sorry about that! Yes, I recognise the sink now.

I also decide to add a shelf to each section downstairs. There was plenty of room for it and I think it looks better.

It looks great! I like the extra shelf :-)
    edited February 2014
    And just like that, it's over... I had an absolute BLAST doing this GC! I really hope you love it and enjoy it! Big hugs!

Here's the link to "OCEAN'S REST":

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8003035

I know you've already seen a ton of pics, so I didn't add any here. I did put some on my thread though. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
    edited March 2014
    Hi Justbrice, I look forward to working with you!

I noticed from your page that you live in Honolulu? How lucky are you?! Ironically, my husband and I just got back from a vacation in Maui this past Tuesday, lol! We've been to Oahu 3 times. It's really such a Beautiful state. Wish I could live there!

I was wondering if this is a home you are familiar with? I ask because you mentioned the bedroom on the lower floor being across from the stairs. I don't see where the staircase is located in the pictures on the link.

I wondered also if you have any more photos of the exterior. It's kind of hidden behind trees in the pics on the link.

If not, no worries, I know we'll come up with something that will make you happy.

Did you want anything else included such as a garage, pool, vegetable garden or hot tub? Or would you rather just have the landscaping all lush like the pics show?

I don't think I'll have any trouble getting the interiors to look similar.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me here. I will check back often.

Take care,
    Cath
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Cath. I like living here because of the nice weather. Most of the time, it's hot and sunny. It's like living in the Caribbean 24/7. That's how I describe Hawaii in a nut shell. Haha. :mrgreen: How was your vacation in Maui? Did you get to see a lot of stuff? I hope you got to travel to the other islands. In my opinion, Oahu has more things to do or see then any of the other islands. So much to see, So little time. :D It's expensive to live in Hawaii. Things go up non-stop. I guess that's how it is living on an island and in the middle of nowhere. :wink:

Long time ago, my friend took care of this lady. He lived up the street from her. My friend would go over and help take care of the house. A few years later when this lady had passed away, I came up to the house to help him. Since my friend got injured at the house, he stopped going over to the house. Now it's a Bed and Breakfast.

I tried many times to make this house. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to the way I wanted to look. I thought I would pass it on to D.N.A. In the second row, first picture there is a glass door. There are stairs to go down. As you go down the stairs, there is a bathroom on the right. If you go straight ahead, you will enter the bedroom. There are no door.

As for the exterior, the only picture I can find is from Google Map. There is a white fence to enter, which is next to the front door. There is a garage next to the white fence. Here is the link to the exterior:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/brice83/gardenvilla_zps9696a7cc.png
    edited March 2014
    Hi Brice, yes we had a fabulous time in Maui, thank you! We have been going to Hawaii for the past 11 years for our Anniversary. We went to Oahu, Big Island, Kauai and Maui the first time. Since then we have also visited Lanai once, Oahu 3 times and Maui for the rest. We love to see the whales. They were very active this year.

It is very expensive over there! Much more than things are here in New England, lol! But I'll say it again, you're very lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

I had a feeling when I read through your request that you were familiar with this house. I'm sorry you and your friend don't get to go there anymore.

Thank you for the exterior photo. It's still kind of difficult for me to make out the layout of the house.

From the map picture, the house looks like it's one level. Yet the pics from the b&b show it as 2 levels and an L-shape.

I see where the stairs going down should be, off the dining room, correct?

Where is the kitchen located?

Does the front door lead to the indoor lanai and then into the living room?

I have no idea where the garage would be.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks

PS: I just got an idea from one of my teammates. Any chance you might be able to draw me up a floor plan of the home?

edited March 2014
    Wow. 11 years. Well, I'm glad that you get a chance to come to Hawaii. At least you can get out of the cold weather on that side of the US for the time being. Haha. :mrgreen: I'd say Waikiki is kind of the mini New York. :wink:

I could draw out the floor plan. The only thing is that the I don't know how exact size of each room. I could describe it. I have a good memory of how the house look like. If it's too complicated then I could change my house to a Victorian. Do I need to change my request at D.N.A.? Please let me know. Thanks. Sorry for all the trouble.
    edited March 2014
    No Brice, I don't want you to change it yet. I would like to see what you come up with for a floor plan. Don't worry about the room sizes, just where the rooms are in relation to each other would be a huge help.

I thought about it most of last night, (couldn't sleep) and I think I have an idea of something to try. Other than the kitchen and garage. Can't figure that out, lol!

If I try this and it just isn't working out the way you expected, I will be happy to build something else for you. No need to get back in line with a new request. :D But 1st, let's see if we can figure this one out, okay?
    edited March 2014
    No Brice, I don't want you to change it yet. I would like to see what you come up with for a floor plan. Don't worry about the room sizes, just where the rooms are in relation to each other would be a huge help.

I thought about it most of last night, (couldn't sleep) and I think I have an idea of something to try. Other than the kitchen and garage. Can't figure that out, lol!

If I try this and it just isn't working out the way you expected, I will be happy to build something else for you. No need to get back in line with a new request. :D But 1st, let's see if we can figure this one out, okay?

Hi Cath. I drew up the floor plan. The outside of the house doesn't look as long as the floor plan I drew up. This is for going horizontal and vertical wise. It's much shorter. Please feel free to experiment if you need to do so. I tried to make the house. I came up too short or too long.

Here is the link:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/brice83/IMG_0001_zps337b2fc8.jpg