Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited August 2013
    Routing madness:
    Hi, only today I've discovered that I'm not alone with indoor pool bug built in basement: my sim is swimming in flooring in sub-basement submerged totally under the water: Are Sub-Basements Causing Crashes?
    Edit: adding link a screenshot of "floor-eating" sim:
    1005492_432558826860838_635351686_n.jpg
    I've checked for invisible objects with buyDebug, there is nothing. The same happens, if I'll add stairs and another pool furnishing. Lot was built on Fire Island, Isla Paradiso, EA default placement of lot 50x50).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited August 2013
    Found a possible troublesome lot in IP.
    Spirit of the Sea is built on a dock structure. I have been seeing random Sims stuck UNDER the dock. There were no less than three just now stuck under there.
    I had done resets several times on individual Sims before but they kept getting stuck.
    I decided to see if I evicted the Los Amigos family if that would correct the issue.
    c10.jpg
    As you might have noticed there is no 'Evict' or other usual options.
    I saved the family (once with the house and once without) to the bin and bulldozed the house. Once I put it back (with the family) all the correct options are there.
    Side Note: This version of Isla Paradiso is from moving my family via the phone.
    After creating (updating) them on Tiny CAS Island I moved them via phone to TP.
    Kind of odd that the main park was not a festival lot nor did it place the ambitions lots like it had in my other 'New' games started direct in IP.
    <==>Edit to add:<==>
    1. NO Mods in this game at present ... None used in this Save ever.
    2. Island Paradise
    3. Most recent /IP Patch
    4. New
    5. My Created Sim /Version not previously played.
    6. Town EA/Isla Paradiso *Moved Sim from a custom to here.
    7. Operating System Win 7
    8. DL from Origins
    9. World= Isla Paradiso/Home
  • Options
    NicolasNicolas Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
    1. No food stands or bars will work. If I try to order any food at a club bar, festival food stand, or resort snack bar my sim and the sim tending the bar/stand resets itself on the lot, or sometimes the orderer will just freeze walking (found this happening only with bars, there was just a line of sims trying to order food at Aquarius just stuck frozen in a walking position. Bare worked fine before at resorts and restaurants around Isla Paradiso until I opened my Bridgeport game and went clubbing, then the bar glitch appeared. The food stand glitch has been there from the beginning (Note: The sim ordering and bar tender only reset with the bar glitch, in the food stands they just go with the normal animation, but no menu appears letting me choose a food and then my sim goes on like nothing happened). My karaoke machine, juke box, and DJ booth make no noise. At one point, i had the option to "turn on" the karaoke machine and it started playing music like a stereo. Don't know if this is normal, but it never happened again and I never got the option to turn it off. The karaoke machine stopped playing music when I saved and quit the game. Those are all the current glitches I've been seeing ever since I got island paradise, but one glitch I have seen before, but haven't happened to me for awhile until after I got IP, the invisible sim glitch. But it seems I only find it happening to NPCs. Been pretty annoying that my resort workers and sing a gram singers are invisible and I can do nothing about (I've tried reseting them, nothing fixed).

Also somethings that are not glitches but I would like to be seen changed in IP. I would wish that we could have tourists (like in showtime) fill up my resorts instead of town citizens, because it seems like my town is deserted all the time because everyone is vacationing in resorts. I also wish things won't get so dirty and broken so quickly on resorts, because it can be hard to upkeep especially and a large resort with multiple buildings with 6 floors and a small crew, maybe the option to have more crew members. I also find it annoying that I need a resort tower. I've been wanting to turn that lodge in Hidden Springs into a little getaway, with only a couple VIP rooms, but I can't because it requires a resort tower, and none of them fir into the theme of the resort I want, and also it would look odd and stick out. No one likes rabbit holes that much anyways (I still like the idea of them, so I can have more people stay at my resort, but don't want it required, like if I want a small bed and breakfast for an example)

Thats all, thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ^^^ Why we can't have at least smaller rabbitholes? I'll demolish all Store - Game rabbitholes then and placing those mini. So much community object types in the game and world dimensions are limited.
    Modders have made rabbitholes with only 2x2 space required. LL rabbitholes are so big too (and with 1.55 causing problems) and there aren't all types from EA (from 3rd parties many, many more - and not only base game).

I'm still here - complaining and not playing - because my active sim (and another from EA too) is becomed invisible with this patch - before unlocking eighth island. :evil:
    I'll stop to do it, when I'll able to play my purchased (not cracked) game - without those serious and since Supernatural not repaired bugs (and older). I'm tired to beginn after each betrayal of this game to begin new save, which I can't trust that will be played without another serious interruptions caused by bugs. (Still not finished to explore TA tombs due to bugs).

What is sad for me - I haven't even seen here some answer from EA, game developers, or someone another responsable.
    Hey - someone there - up in the sky - can you read us :?:
    I would really like to know, if and when ours purchased product will be repaired - and I would like read this from EA employees (not from 3rd parties sites, this answer I really very - very dislike).

Happy simming (within the limits) for everyone!
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2013
    Billy do you honestly think they will respond, there to busy with sims 4, there not bothered whatsoever from what I see, I have asked for an update on patches from gurus etc, no response. I wont be buying sims 4, I am in two minds to even buy the next stuff and expansion, what will we get more bugs.

I have had my game crash after crash, freeze after freeze, I have had enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    Billy do you honestly think they will respond, there to busy with sims 4, there not bothered whatsoever from what I see, I have asked for an update on patches from gurus etc, no response. I wont be buying sims 4, I am in two minds to even buy the next stuff and expansion, what will we get more bugs.

They have two different teams working on the Sims 3 and Sims 4. Those teams merge sometime after Sims 4 is released because there is no need to work on the Sims 3 besides working out bugs.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    midge719 wrote:

Hi, midge719!
    I'm trying all what can I do. If we will remaining in silence, we can't be heared from no one. I'm not idealist - it will be ginormous surprise (better and happier as gift under the Christmass tree) - if EA changes many-years of behavior (not only TS3).
    But we have right to have ours payed game working. We have purchassed expensive "toy-box" which becomed Pandora's Box - no more fun: At the beginning it will create the dependency, then only reinstal, fix, modify, workarounds, redownload, crash. And when You decide finally to play it, something destroys yours save or with game-corruption or yours sim becomes invisible or CTD or you have to finish game due to another unexpectate bug. I've searched to build my own world with CAW (because EA wasn't updating released worlds and most of them are glitchy), but now is my old PC by tech-guy with fried graphic card.
    Peter Moore have promissed: We can do better. I have spend on this game (as many others) bunch of money. I wanna hope - I am too in two minds to even buy the next stuff and expansion, not being able to play it already now - and I wanna give them chance. Sims are my passion and I won't that someone will kill my beloved Sims.
    I won't contact more EA CS - don't interested about tutorials how I should manually uninstall all DVD's (one page for each DVD), after explanation from my part, that my purchased content isn't shown at store pages as owned. :roll:
    It wanted more than 20 e-mails, before I have had my money back - I have whole conversation and some Web-Site screenshots saved on my PC, for eventual further use elsewhere.
    I can expect the same advice for those all bugs (see previous 1181 messages) too - now it will be 19 pages of tutorial How to unistall The Sims 3 from yours PC. I have read a little bit in forums - this was oftenly 1st received answer for each type of issue - correct me, please, I may be wrong. Or maybe I've treated with alternates, real competent EA employees were on vacation? And with TS3 I've acquired certain practice, how to reinstall it.
    Nicolas wrote:
    They have two different teams working on the Sims 3 and Sims 4. Those teams merge sometime after Sims 4 is released because there is no need to work on the Sims 3 besides working out bugs.
    Hi, Nicolas! What I'm suspecting (can't confirm, because I'm not "inside") that part of TS3 team is now already working on TS4. But I'm only reading various sites (not only this). I'm not able to see on this forum more some SimGurus. Most present are: Nichaedemus, Copeland, Tatertot, seen Kelly after long time too. Where are the others?
    I won't from EA nothing, I'm asking only to repair my purchased product - I've not been to broke it.
    They shouldn't make this immediatelly - but EA blog ^^^ is yet oldie (APR 5, 2013) - and ours game is getting worse and worse.

Happy simming at everyone (within the limits)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    Some lot types no longer show up. I made a post about this but will also put it here in case that thread gets lost.

MissingLots.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have found another glitch, it seems like a certain amount of time of me playing the game (around 2 minutes) my camera freezes and animations in the back ground still play as normal, but my sims freeze and I can't move my camera. Getting pretty annoying since this is like the 3rd time I had to restart my game many times without saving because of this, and it always happens at the same time!

Trying the resetsims * cheats, wish me luck :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    IT DID IT AGAIN. Thats it. My game is now rendered as un-playable. I've spent well over 400 dollars on sim games and i CANNOT PLAY IT. I'm furious right now. If I'm going to put in that kind of money for one game, I expect that game to run like a charm. ANd I'm running my game on a brand new desk-top computer I got for christmas only on default settings! And the game runs fine of max settings too, just felt it was a bit smoother on default. BUt really this needs to come to end. I feel like the Sims team is just taking our money and laughing there way to the bank. Really miss the old days when game prices weren't so outrageous and plagued with bugs. I really hope the sims team is reading this and step up to the plate and come with a patch quick, because my patience is running low. Maybe instead of releasing the game so fast so you can rip us off faster, you should do multiple tests with bugs and work them out, because I won't mind waiting an extra month for the release if the bugs are minimal. I'm sorry I'm being to mean, but there's a certain tipping point for me, and I have been driven right off the point and I'm not happy.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ok I found the reason my game kept crashing, for some reason an elevator at my resort I built kept triggering it, but that still doesn't fix anything because it still does it and now none of my sims can check into my resort with VIP rooms or use any of it's amenities. I did try deleting all of the elevators on the lot and replacing them, but that didn't work. I'm considering just reseting the elevator, but I have a feeling that won't make an difference either.

Does anybody know what to do!? I would really like some help!
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited August 2013
    Diving Area choice missing

I was trying to create a diving area on Sunset Valley, created a lot 64x64 and when I wanted to choose the community lot type, the type "Diving Area" isn't there (my game is in French, it's called "Zone de plongée).

I tried with authorised and later with unauthorised visitors, but then I cannot place the copie of the lot I want.

Could you please advise what to do?

Thank you!
    EliRoc
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2013
    Right so yet again today I went through every file, not one corrupt, checked again with custard, non corrupt and yet when I go into edit town to bull doze an island home, CRASH, tool tips not working, terrain paint has a funny blue tint, what is it with this fracking game. It is not my pc, not my cc, don't use mods as most of them crash games, I am at an absolute loss.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ELIROC wrote:

I was trying to create a diving area on Sunset Valley, created a lot 64x64 and when I wanted to choose the community lot type, the type "Diving Area" isn't there (my game is in French, it's called "Zone de plongée).

I tried with authorised and later with unauthorised visitors, but then I cannot place the copie of the lot I want.

Thank you!
    EliRoc

Did it look like this? If yes then I'm having the same issue with lots of lots missing.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705105.page
  • Options
    thomasmendozajrthomasmendozajr Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

Bug Results
    Freeze Bug

Description

Game Started Freezing after adding a new Suite room on the resort lot and setting a new VIP lock to the new Suite that was built by user. once I hit the Check in Action on the Front Desk Employee Game Freezes once action is played.

!Computer Specs!

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor

16GB Ram DDR3

Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 Graphics Card

Microsoft Windows 7
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited August 2013
    Reserved
    Coupon.jpg

This coupon has been redeemed!
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think this might have something to do with IP, because I've noticed at least two posts about it on the UL forum. I've only tried editing University world, after installing IP, but I couldn't. I was in edit town in Isla Paradiso, and clicked the university picture to edit the world. It started loading, and almost finished. Then my game crashed. I tried it a couple of times and always with the same result (deleted caches in between also). I haven't tried to send anyone to university yet, but on the University forum I've noticed some people having problems with it, so they might be related.

And I've put two sims through university before I got IP. And in one of my games I have two sims in the university world right now, but I haven't played it for a while, so I don't know if I'll manage to get them back home. But I haven't had any problems in any of those games before. Not with sending sims, getting them back home, or just editing the town before sending my sims.

Also, I just got WA, and my sims have successfully traveled to China and France, so if there's a bug with travelling, it is only with University.

And here are my answers to the questions:

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
    No, I don't use any CC or mods.
    2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    I have both the patch and IP.
    3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    The latest. I play the games on Steam and have the setting so that it patches automatically, so I'm always up to date.
    4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    I started a new game after I got IP.
    5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I made two new sims for the game.
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Isla Paradiso.
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 8 (and I know the game's not supposed to be supported on Windows 8, but before this I've never had any serious problems with the game).
    8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    Download from Steam.
    9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    I'm not sure what this means... My problem is not being able to travel from home world to uni-world.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited August 2013
    ELIROC wrote:

Thank you!
    EliRoc

Did it look like this? If yes then I'm having the same issue with lots of lots missing.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705105.page

I found out what was wrong. I must use the cheat "enablelotlocking" first to be able to see the hidden types of lots.
    I got it now!!

Thank you, catloverplayer, it helped a lot!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2013
    Found another bug. My sim owned a resort. Spent lots of money fixing it up. Then he got married and now I find that he doesn't own it now? And it says I don't have enough money to buy it back. I shouldn't have to! I owned it and fixed it up. I know I can just mother lode to get the money but that isn't the point. The game should not be doing this.

Edit: I'm also noticing that when my sims need to change clothes, like to take a bath or workout, they stand there for hours and nothing happens. I usually end up having to reset them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Since IP or the 1.55 patch sims on groups and dates can no longer use the convince socials. They no longer show up. The convince socials came with Late Night so yea another interaction from a previous ep that has been broken.

I've tried this with numourous sims so it's a pretty easy bug to replicate. No mods or cc I play a vanilla game.
  • Options
    StacrioStacrio Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Any work arounds to the employees not showing up to Hobart's Hideaway? I'm sorry, but 80 pages is unreal and the work arounds on the first page don't work for me at all.

ETA ~ I have NO problems playing any world. Just IP.
  • Options
    TwielyeghtTwielyeght Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Anybody found a way to get store content to actually install and not disappear again? Thankfully I made a back up folder for all my store content after my latest try, but it's a bit crazy that any cc I install, installs correctly, but my store content will not. Ugh. :roll:
  • Options
    ProxicideProxicide Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Not sure if there is an actual fix for this glitch, but it does it with pretty much every object(s) from child to adult. Started happening when I installed IP and updated to 1.55. I tried to just ignore the problem, but I can't it's really annoying.

did a clean install and tested without mods, SC also CC. Now I'm at wits end! are the I've even replaced them. It's a custom house but was built with ZERO CC or SC(Store Content)

fDiDCo4.jpg

Laptop specs which I know the problem can't be with this as I bought it in Mid-late July.

Intel i7
    Windows 8
    RAM: 12GB
    1TB HDD
  • Options
    nougatnafnafnougatnafnaf Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2013
    My toddlers have started playing like that too after IP - also some of my sims snorkel along roads in the midst of traffic.
  • Options
    CaptainDino22CaptainDino22 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Twielyeght wrote:
    Anybody found a way to get store content to actually install and not disappear again? Thankfully I made a back up folder for all my store content after my latest try, but it's a bit crazy that any cc I install, installs correctly, but my store content will not. Ugh. :roll:

I had the same problem happen 2 times to me the problem is in the DCCache folder the only way i got it to work go to
    My Documents/Electronic art/ The Sims 3 you need to move {THE SIMS3} folder BY RIGHT click cut then paste it to desktop leave it there for now don't yes don't delete yet. NOW start the game up let it load completely then quit Game!
    next open LAUNCHER AND REINSTALL ALL YOUR store WORLDS FIRST if you have any then close launcher, sounds crazy but trust me if you load to much at once it will Corrupt your DDCache file again Okay Open Launcher up again slowly install your store items like 50 or less at a time just close launcher when your done and keep this up until you install all your store items. It's a pain but you will get it. After you get it all installed and you tested the game and it works Go to My Documents/Electronic art/ The Sims 3 folder and delete these new folders first. This is the list: of files that needs to be deleted: Library,saves,userPresets.package,

NOW:
    go to your desktop and open YOUR OLD The Sims 3 folder up and start putting your old folders back
    [library Folder] your [saves folder] [userPresets.package]file and [Mod] folder if you have one. these are very important to put back then your game should be back to normal.

One last thing make a backup copy of That DDCache folder save it somewhere and if some reason your game gets corrupted again Delete the DDCache file and put the good one back it will "save you all this trouble". Good Luck.

This should work just follow the steps take your time COPY all this info before doing it:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top