Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We want sims with toes! We want real feet!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2013
    @SuicidalSpiders I also counted 5 on both feet...

And I visited your Ethnic Hairs List, and THANK YOU for doing that! I left a thank you message on the last page of the thread with my favorite .gif but just wanted to be sure you got the message :)

:thumbup:
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2013
    I get with Spike, too. That sim has 5 toes, 6 nails...
    Edit: I keep seeing 6 nails but my friend says there is only 6. I guess the nail I'm seeing isn't a nail?
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    5 toes? 6 nails? Is there a floating nail? :shock: That is awesome! The floating toenail!

I love feet! Feet are epic, I want toes though. I hate how sims have "Barbie feet".
  • Options
    DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to see more attention to detail pretty much everywhere, including toes. It wouldn't be difficult to make feet with actual toes and really don't see how it would be "a bit too much detail". I do agree that it's a little presumptuous to use the term "we" when presenting your own ideas, though.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm confused as to where this floating nail is. lol
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2013
    "We" don't care about toes.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see toes, I hate the look of sim feet.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2013
    Personaly, I don't care if my Sims have toes nor if the fingers have digits/knucles/lines etc. It only raises the polygons of the Sim in the game.

I don't need to paint my Sims toes, as long as I like the shoes and they make sense. Straps not bleeding into foot etc.

If all the Sims have much more detailed feet and more lines and knuckles on fingers etc. that just causes more lag from all the extra not necessary polygons of the mesh for the Sim. I would rather all that extra polygon meshing happen on the Sim's face.

Laugh lines, crows feet, frown line, squint lines, dimples, dent under the lip, nostril highlights, circles under the eyes. I think people download custom content makeup and improvements to make their Sim seem a little less plastic, and I would prefer if they are going to add all those extra polygons to the game..it be in makeup and face paint my Sim can use to make them seem more real in the face not on the toes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited June 2013
    Things like feet with toes and nails are important to me. I love all those little details and that's the sort of thing I will be looking for when I decide whether or not to buy TS4. If TS4 Sims don't seem convincing as little humans I won't want to use them in my storylines. I have a great mod in TS2 that gives them realistic feet and I love it!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    edited June 2013
    Whenever someone words their thread with "we" it's always the same response: "what's this we thing you are talking about?"

*sigh*

Okay, so not everyone on the planet wants toes. I think the word was used as a term of art, but hey! what do I know?

There is enough interest in toes that someone made the most beautiful custom replacement feet for both The Sims 2 and I believe they are available for 3 as well. They are called "Blooms sexy feet"

http://www.bloomsbase.net/index.php/downloads/category/5-sexyfeet.

In sims 2, they were much prettier, lol.

I don't know, there's just something about the illusion being broken when two sims are laying side by side bare footed. You look at their faces and your eye takes in the picture, they look so pretty until you reach their feet...then those club footed boards that should be feet just screw up the picture. :roll:

Bloom helps to keep the illusion from being broken. Wouldn't it be nice to have it in the game from the start without all these replacements?

ETA; I wrote this before I read the entire thread, sorry for the redundant information
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Personaly, I don't care if my Sims have toes nor if the fingers have digits/knucles/lines etc. It only raises the polygons of the Sim in the game.

I don't need to paint my Sims toes, as long as I like the shoes and they make sense. Straps not bleeding into foot etc.

If all the Sims have much more detailed feet and more lines and knuckles on fingers etc. that just causes more lag from all the extra not necessary polygons of the mesh for the Sim. I would rather all that extra polygon meshing happen on the Sim's face.

Laugh lines, crows feet, frown line, squint lines, dimples, dent under the lip, nostril highlights, circles under the eyes. I think people download custom content makeup and improvements to make their Sim seem a little less plastic, and I would prefer if they are going to add all those extra polygons to the game..it be in makeup and face paint my Sim can use to make them seem more real in the face not on the toes.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I would much rather have extra detail on their faces, and perhaps hair.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see TS4 sims with toes and toenails as well as fingernails that are recolorable. There should be no need for MODS for something like that. CAS should be one of the most powerful and creative tools in TS because that is primarily what the game is all about THE SIMS. Also while it's not a deal breaker, the whole glued together toes does kind of annoy me.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I would like to see TS4 sims with toes and toenails as well as fingernails that are recolorable. There should be no need for MODS for something like that. CAS should be one of the most powerful and creative tools in TS because that is primarily what the game is all about THE SIMS. Also while it's not a deal breaker, the whole glued together toes does kind of annoy me.

This! I'm so sick of having all my sims have long supernatural claws just to look like they have nailpolish on lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    RoffRoff Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2013
    There are many people who care about the toes. These people are "we". I think this is clear.

But I can't imagine how someone prefers duck's feet to human's feet.

You can see the difference between them:

XYFjEOu.jpg

But I respect your opinions. I also don't agree with many things which you want. However you still are "we" because you are more than one person. :lol:
  • Options
    MissOzzylowMissOzzylow Posts: 20
    edited June 2013
    Improved graphics would be good and expected in the new base game but I still would rather them develop and put detail into a good game that has plenty of game play then to spend all the time on toes on my sims which I would never look at
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:
    There are many people who care about the toes. These people are "we". I think this is clear.

XYFjEOu.jpg

But I respect your opinions. I also don't agree with many things which you want. However you still are "we" because you are more than one person. :lol:

I prefer the one on the left. Maybe it's because I don't like feet and avoid looking at them when I can but the one on the right just looks...disgusting to me.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't care one way or the other...I would prefer that they work on the parts of the body we see most often in the sims...and my sims mostly wear shoes...if they improve the feet...fine...if they don't...that's fine too...just as long as the facial features and hair look good on the sim...I'm happy with that...
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    LazyhappyLazyhappy Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

XYFjEOu.jpg

I prefer the one on the left. Maybe it's because I don't like feet and avoid looking at them when I can but the one on the right just looks...disgusting to me.

I prefer the one on the right. The one on the left looks like somebody sliced into ones skin making your toes look like cheese wedges.

Anyway I wouldn't mind having some realistic toes. I like feet actually. And I would like my sims to like paint their nails and such. It's a small thing but it makes me happy to think about.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited June 2013
    I don't care about their feet personally. In fact, I've never even really noticed if they have toes or not until I saw this thread. And even now I don't care. I just want them to be more complex people with tons of interactions.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2013
    I utterly agree with this, sims 3 toes are too glued, and the fingers have spaces between them, but the toes don't, so therefore EA should've rectified this to make sims toes spaced out like fingers on their hands, I so want this on sims 4 sims. :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

XYFjEOu.jpg

I understand your point but the feet on the right are not much better to me. Toenails and cuticles look awful and makes me "shiver". :shock:
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2013
    Like Rapunzel feet:

fq721.png

And Recolorable/patternized toenails like this:
    28lyxjl.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”