The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We want sims with toes! We want real feet!

We don't want feet similar to boards. We want sims's toes! We want feet more realistc than The Sims 3!

Who agrees?

Comments

• Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    Do you spend a lot of time looking at your Sim's feet, Roff?
  • Options
    RoffRoff Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    No, as I also don't spend a lot of time looking at my Sim's hands, but I still hope they have fingers.

So, humans have toes. You don't?
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:
    Icarus wrote:
    No, as I also don't spend a lot of time looking at my Sim's hands, but I still hope they have fingers.

No, Roff. I think he has no toes.

And really, sims need to have toes. In sims 2 the sims have fingers in hands, The Sims 3 has not changed, hopefully now they have toes.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well if those floating TS4 renders are true, we may have some shading to give the appearance of toes. :lol:

I would like toes, but not too realistic. :)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:
    Icarus wrote:

:lol:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2013
    11.png

I am not sure if this picture is a real render or not, but she has toes and toenails. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    11.png

I am not sure if this picture is a real render or not, but she has toes and toenails. :-)
    The problem is that the toes are glued,
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not part of your "we", Roff, as I am indifferent to toes. I don't spend much time or effort on feet as I do on, let's say, their hands. So I don't disagree or agree, but if it were there, I wouldn't not like it.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2013
    what is this "we" business?
    im with the first guy and fresh above me, i honestly dont look at the feet too much. if were getting nail polish IN game, then sure, id like nicer looking toes. but.. id rather ea focus on something a little more important like, less rabbit holes and travelling/moving to other worlds and babies that move, different heights for sims.
    on an aesthetic note though, id want nicer hair with movement.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:
    Icarus wrote:

It was a joke. It was playful dialogue questioning the purpose of why one would focus on a simulated human being's feet.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    phocathumbnail-sexyfeetmale02.jpg

We want toes similar the image. There is a mod to The Sims 3 that lets sims have toes. We don't want use mod to turn them.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

We want toes similar the image. There is a mod to The Sims 3 that lets sims have toes. We don't want use mod to turn them.
    theres that word again..
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    what is this "we" business?
    im with the first guy and fresh above me, i honestly dont look at the feet too much. if were getting nail polish IN game, then sure, id like nicer looking toes. but.. id rather ea focus on something a little more important like, less rabbit holes and travelling/moving to other worlds and babies that move, different heights for sims.
    on an aesthetic note though, id want nicer hair with movement.

Just as you want the best hair for Sims, I wish they had toes. It would be very ugly to see Sims so detailed with the most beautiful hair, but with toes glued.

The Sims are people, not ducks. And I think working on this little detail would not hinder in any way the other issues raised by you, because this game is not just done by one person.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    Roff wrote:
    Icarus wrote:

It was a joke. It was playful dialogue questioning the purpose of why one would focus on a simulated human being's feet.
    Yes, I just telling you a joke too. It was playful dialogue questioning the purpose of why someone would focus on a simulated human being's hands.

Sorry, but I don't was focusing on a simulated human being's feet. I just want sims have toes. It's a detail. It is a aesthetics matter as well as the fingers on the hands.

And I am talking about "we" because there are many people that want sim's toes.
  • Options
    Spike3187Spike3187 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

3tnubu.jpg

To people who hate feet, that is a bit too much detail.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think many people here hate their own feet. :roll:

Maybe they want duck's feet. :shock:
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

:lol:

I would like toes too. :thumbup: Ignore the rude comments and pictures, they don't matter. :wink:
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2013
    Why do I feel a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 article coming on? :lol:
  • Options
    simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited June 2013
    IWishThatIHadDuckFeet.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Spike3187Spike3187 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

It's just different opinions, be boring if we were all the same.

BTW, that picture you put up of how YOU want feet to look... it has 6 toes :wink:
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2013
    Roff wrote:

If they don't care about sims toes, it doesn't mean they hate their own feet. Sims are not human. They are pixels or virtual people.

It doesn't matter for me if sims have toes or not.
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow I personally took no offense to this post lol-- I thought the "we" in the OP was playful! I mean, with all the requests and posts about what everyone wants in TS4, it's honestly harmless to suggest that the developers spend 5 minutes (joking; I know it might take longer) rendering the toes and fingers of our Sims so that they look like TOES and not washboards! I don't want my Sims to look super realistic, but it WOULD be nice to have realer-looking toes hahaha
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited June 2013
    I think it'd be a nice touch. It's not necessary, sure, but a lot of the details we ask for aren't necessary but it'd still be nice to have them.

@Spike3187 - I counted five on both feet... :hunf:
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited June 2013
    @SuicidalSpiders I also counted 5 on both feet...

And I visited your Ethnic Hairs List, and THANK YOU for doing that! I left a thank you message on the last page of the thread with my favorite .gif but just wanted to be sure you got the message :)
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am not a fan of Bloom's feet, never liked them in Sims 2 either. I think the form of sin feet could changed to something a little less Flintstones style, maybe a little thinner in the total form. Those Bloom feet always freak me out. *gag*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.