Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big D@%n Heroes - Firefly CAS Contest - Results Posted/Gifting Complete

Comments

• Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited June 2013
    Rebecca Gayheart
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thelessy, quit trying to read my mind :shock: (close, but not quite :lol: )
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thelessy, quit trying to read my mind :shock: (close, but not quite :lol: )

:P

If I was at good at remembering useful stuff as I am interesting things that have little application in the real world I'd probably have a nobel prize right about now.

Ask me about algebra and you'll get a whistling wind sound and maybe some tumbleweed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited June 2013
    I had alot of fun reading thru this thread. Great entries so far. :) book marking now. @MissKate8 For some reasons your pictures for your entry isn't showing up... it could just be me though.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    I need more Nathan Fillion in my life.
    who else is going to be my crime fighting author in game?
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited June 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Still working on my characters. Please remind how many entries are we allowed? Is it only 2? Been busy with other stuff but still working on it when I can

Yep - 2 entries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D
    Howdy all...I think I want to join in on the fun of this contest. I love, love, LOVE Nathan Fillion, anything he touches is gold to me. Now must start brainstorming!

Welcome! I have to say that he's one of my favorites as well :wink: Nathan Fillion is such a charismatic actor that Firefly simply would not have been the same show without him. Which gives me an idea for tomorrow's trivia question... ;)

Hello

Ah man, you gonna make me choose then :P LOL hmmm...

Yep, gotta enjoy Castle :D

as for the prize-- something off this list :Dhttp://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo

Thanks

charicharn
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited June 2013

Castle is really a great show. Without any spoilers, cannot wait for fall, to see what Beckett decides!
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited June 2013

Castle is really a great show. Without any spoilers, cannot wait for fall, to see what Beckett decides!
    I can't wait either and for some reason that was a very common cliffhanger this year.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

Here is my first choice Kaylee. She has been uploaded and link provided. Need to take some ingame photos. But here are a couple of pix, the headshot and her everyday clothes
    Will be adding some more pix :)

Entry Form

Creator Name:Charicharn

Character Name: Kaywinnet Lee "Kaylee" Frye

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7355287

Traits:
    Eccentric
    Friendly
    Handy
    Hopeless Romantic
    Vehicle Enthusiast

Why did you choose these traits?]
    Eccentric- she has a knack, a natural ability for fixing Serenity -"Just do it, that's all; my daddy says I got natural talent."
    Friendly- She is everyone's friend and sees something good in everyone
    Handy- This goes hand in hand with Eccentric. She is good at fixing Serentiy and it was something that preceded Serenity as she was always helping her dad fix things.
    Hopeless Romantic- This is her soft feminine girly side. She pines for Simon the whole time. Her crush on Simon says it all :)
    Vehicle Enthusiast- She sees Serenity as a person, as a sentient creature-Serenity is alive to her. Talking to Serenity and listening for any "warning"

Description/Explanation: Why did you choose this character? I love her genuineness. That she likes everybody and sees the good in everyone. She is everyone's friend without pretense. The little sister quality and very down to earth. That she can be both girly and a grease monkey. Not afraid to work hard and get hands dirty. But still loves the frills of being a girl.

Pictures:

Headshot
    kayleecovershot_zps39caced0.jpg

Everyday

Kayleeeveryday-e_zpsb4c38157.jpg

kayleecollageF_zpsd82fd51b.jpg

Kaylee Fixing Serenity

Kayleeinengineroom_zps2022d728.jpg

"But Capt that was six month ago"
    About fixing ships: " I know how. Machines just got workins' and they talk to me."

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    as for the prize-- something off this list :Dhttp://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo

Done :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I know!!!! It has to be "yes," right? :shock:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay - tonight's trivia question:

The role of Captain Mal was originally written by Joss for another actor. 100SP prize for the first person who can both:

1. Name the actor
    AND
    2. Name the show and the actor's character on the show that conflicted with filming Firefly, ultimately leading to Nathan Fillion being cast in the role.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Here is the answer to the trivia question

The role was originally written for Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-star Nicholas Brendon (who played Xander Harris);[4] however, the shooting schedule conflicted with his commitment to Buffy.

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yep! I love me some Xander, but I just can't picture him as Mal. Certainly, the show wouldn't have been the same without Nathan Fillion. And I can't picture myself loving the show as much without that certain spark that Nathan Fillion brought to the character of Mal.

How would you like your prize?

Oh, and his thread needs more Cap'n Tightpants! :D

tumblr_mj0g8lV7pM1rshjouo1_500_zps6c212946.jpg

• Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow. I can't imagine Xander having that same Captain Mal swagger.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

:) Could I please have it sent to this wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Candygurl84

Gotta chase some blahs away :)

I think Nathan was perfect for the character, he made it his own.

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wow. I can't imagine Xander having that same Captain Mal swagger.

Exactly - Nicholas Brendon/Xander has the sarcasm thing down, but I don't think he would have brought the same...gravitas to the role. That combination of deadpan humor and charisma of Nathan Fillion defined Mal's swagger. IMHO anyway :wink:

Speaking of ... I will have to cry if no one makes a Mal for this contest :cry::cry:
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Your Kaylee is adorable, Charicharn.
    Speaking of ... I will have to cry if no one makes a Mal for this contest :cry::cry:

Me too! Someone made a great one last time - wish I could remember who.

Kat, I have some points left over from DV, so I'd like to sponsor 500sp if you think you can use it.

GCxx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

I upload Mal but didn't enter him in the contest. I have been tweaking him. Having a tough time choosing between him and River :P LOL

Don't wanna make anyone cry uh-oh LOL

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Well, I think I have decided to go with Mal. Trying to decide whether post a teaser screenshot or wait til I am ready to do the entry :)

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Kat, I have some points left over from DV, so I'd like to sponsor 500sp if you think you can use it.
    GCxx

That's such a generous offer :D I'll certainly take you up on that. I'll message you to see what you think would be the best use of them if that's okay.

Charicharn - Love the entry! That hair is adorable - just perfect for Kaylee.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

Well, I think I have decided to go with Mal. Trying to decide whether post a teaser screenshot or wait til I am ready to do the entry :)

charicharn

happydance2222222_zps6a2c01e5.gif
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited June 2013
    No Capt Mel? (is that his name?) Nathan Fillion please!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    :D

tumblr_m7hq5mfDKQ1rnkzkbo1_250_zps54d45758.gif?t=1370397383
  • Options
    MissKate8MissKate8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Yay - we have 2 winners!

Congrats to MissKate8 & Charicharn for correctly identifying Bester and posting a pic of him :D How would you like your 50 SP prize?

Woot! Thank you!

I would like the sylvan outfit: http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20439&categoryId=&back=categoryPage