Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big D@%n Heroes - Firefly CAS Contest - Results Posted/Gifting Complete

Comments

• Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited June 2013
    I always wonder if Jewel Staite has always been a big Sci-Fi fan since she was on Space Cases as kid

tumblr_llkogz9yF01qav0zeo1_1280.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    MissKate8MissKate8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited May 2013
    ooh. not sure if I'm going to be able to find the time to enter, but even if i don't I'll be very interested in the entries.
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello

Sorry been out for a couple days (me and anthestia just don't mix :P but feeling better now :D)

Thanks on the compliments on River poses--those were quite a challenge and I still wanted to do more...it was hard to try and get them...but now I know about moviecheats maybe I could use that to get some shots LOL I did tweak her in game still not sure I am satisfied :P

Does anyone else know of a major role Jewel Staite played in, another scifi series? :)

charicharn
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited May 2013
    The first thing I saw her in was the X files as a kid who got kidnapped (don't remember the character's name)
    But I think you're talking about Stargate Atlantis in which she played Dr Jennifer Keller.

She was also in a good and under-rated show called Wonderfalls that sadly got cancelled not long after it started, not quite scifi but very whimsical.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hello

:) I don't remember her in the X files but it has been forever since I watched them. Actually, this is a more recent scifi show. Shall I just wait and leave all in suspense or tell? :D

charicharn
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Atlantis is the only thing that springs to mind as far as recent scifi stuff with her as a regular cast member goes, but I am probably missing something obvious.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hello

@Thelessy: that is absolutely correct, you didn't miss anything :) She plays such loveable characters from what I have seen.

charicharn
  • Options
    jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited May 2013

You're correct on the 1st part! Nandi is a friend of Inara's from the Companion Guild who decided that the life of a companion was just a little too constricting for her. You win 100SP and another page of recs :D How would you like your 100SP?

Thank you!

May I please have this?

My internet is in and out. Sorry I took so long to respond.
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thelessy wrote:
    But I think you're talking about Stargate Atlantis in which she played Dr Jennifer Keller.

I was thinking about checking out Stargate Atlantis, and now I definitely will! Love Jewel Staite object-emoticon-0086.gif
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jewel Staite and Ben Foster will always be the kids from Flash Forward to me. Him being in the movie The Punisher, is part of the reason I had to leave the theater. *shudder*
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Entry Form
    Creator Name:MissKate8
    Character Name: Kaylee Frye
    Download Link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7347239

Traits:
    Eccentric
    Handy
    Friendly
    Good
    Hopeless romantic

Description/Explanation: Kaylee is so very sweet and optimistic in such a dystopian world. I love her for it.

Eccentric - She's not just a mechanic, machine 'talk' to her. The very first time on board the ship she knows what's wrong and instead of fixing it by replacing a part she rips it out saying 'it just gums up the works anyway'

Handy - mechanic. exceptional mechanic. I truly believe Kaylee could fix anything.

Friendly - Sweet and chipper, she sees the good in anyone.

Good - Even though she's involved in a life of crime she can't really do bad things. Even when people are shooting at her she can't bring herself to shoot back. She didn't want to hurt them.

Hopeless romantic - For most of the show Kaylee is pining away for Simon. In Serenity he finally confesses his attraction to her and what he plans to do about it and she points a gun at the door toward the reavers and says "He!( with this. I'm gonna live!" Even when it's hopeless, she romantic.

Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Head shot talking to Book
    screenshot_original.jpg
    everyday outfit
    screenshot_original.jpg
    breaktime - some strawberries from the Abbey on a protein pack
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Kaylee repairing something that makes Serenity go

screenshot_original.jpg
    Kaylee waiting for Simon in the park for a special date
    edited for typos and pic spam
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Entry Form
    Creator Name:MissKate8
    Character Name: Darrian Book (aka Shepard Book)
    Download Link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7347237

Traits:
    Brave
    good sense of humor
    Bookworm
    Perceptive
    Charismatic

Description/Explanation: Book is the extra mysterious character and I always wish we had learned more from the show/film. (According to Wikia, Darrian is his mostly commonly used first name, though not his real one)

Brave - The first show we see him in he stands up for his convictions and bodily puts himself in front of the Alliance agent to prevent the crew from killing him.

good sense of humor - I remember one show where they are sitting at the table eating and joking. Kaylee said he'd just finished telling funny stories about being a Shepard

Bookworm - He's the only character we routinely see with a book in his hands. He's also extremely knowledgeable about many things not so Shepard-like. He also presents himself like he's well read

Perceptive - According to the Wikia, before he was a Shepard he was a mole for the Independents. Figured you'd have to be perceptive to be a spy.

Charismatic - He's obviously is able to work his way into several different group types since he's been a mole for the Independents, a Shepard, and then became crew on Serenity. He got Mal to listen to him...mostly.

Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    book Head shot

screenshot_original.jpg
    Book Everyday

screenshot_original.jpg
    book reading passages from his favorite book

screenshot_original.jpg
    Book enjoying the fire in Haven

screenshot_original.jpg
    Singing a little hymn

edited for typos and pic spam
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Jewel Staite and Ben Foster will always be the kids from Flash Forward to me. Him being in the movie The Punisher, is part of the reason I had to leave the theater. *shudder*

Oh, that looks like a cute show! Going to have to see if they have an episode on Youtube. I bet Jewel Staite was adorable as a kid :D

Great entries, MissKate8! I have just realized that I never really knew what Shepard Book's first name was :shock:

Judges, since I finally figured out how to do it, I have updated the entries with a link to the entry posts so that you can easily refer to the rationales when judging ;)

Off to watch and episode or 2 of Battlestar Galactica with my husband - I'll be back in a bit with a trivia question :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is for two 50 SP prizes...

AND, to open things up a bit, it is only open to people who haven't correctly answered a trivia question yet :wink:

1. What is the name of Serenity's first engine mechanic?

2. Another 50 SP for the first person (other than the 1st responder above - can only win once) to post a picture of the mechanic.

Ready... GO!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    May I please have this?

Of course? Can you please place it on your WL? (I don't trust EA to notify me if I try to gift you something you already own, but I know from experience that you can't place something on your WL that you already own :wink: )
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hAD36F216
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to post and run, but it is WAAAAY past my bedtime ;) The first posts chronologically that have the correct answers come morning will win the prizes :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Fun fact
    tumblr_mk9owqvJbk1rpo7r2o1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great entries, MissKate! :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is for two 50 SP prizes...

AND, to open things up a bit, it is only open to people who haven't correctly answered a trivia question yet :wink:

1. What is the name of Serenity's first engine mechanic?

2. Another 50 SP for the first person (other than the 1st responder above - can only win once) to post a picture of the mechanic.

Ready... GO!

The first mechanic was named Bester.

here's a link to a picture of him:
    http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/Bester
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Here is the screenshot of Bester :)

Firefly108Outofgas2002DaxGriffinasBester_zps47792f94.jpg

Still working on my characters. Please remind how many entries are we allowed? Is it only 2? Been busy with other stuff but still working on it when I can

charicharn
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited June 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

Here is the screenshot of Bester :)

Firefly108Outofgas2002DaxGriffinasBester_zps47792f94.jpg

Still working on my characters. Please remind how many entries are we allowed? Is it only 2? Been busy with other stuff but still working on it when I can

charicharn

Is it just me, or does he look like a younger Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time?

Howdy all...I think I want to join in on the fun of this contest. I love, love, LOVE Nathan Fillion, anything he touches is gold to me. :-) Now must start brainstorming!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello

I think I agree Becky. He sorta does resemble Mr. Gold. :) Welcome :)

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yay - we have 2 winners!

Congrats to MissKate8 & Charicharn for correctly identifying Bester and posting a pic of him :D How would you like your 50 SP prize?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Charicharn wrote:

Yep - 2 entries. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D
    Howdy all...I think I want to join in on the fun of this contest. I love, love, LOVE Nathan Fillion, anything he touches is gold to me. Now must start brainstorming!

Welcome! I have to say that he's one of my favorites as well :wink: Nathan Fillion is such a charismatic actor that Firefly simply would not have been the same show without him. Which gives me an idea for tomorrow's trivia question... ;)