Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big D@%n Heroes - Firefly CAS Contest - Results Posted/Gifting Complete

191011121315...Next

Comments

• Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2013
    Argh! I love Firefly so so so much! Why didn't I click on this forum sooner?! :lol: Very deserving winners though, very deserving every participant actually!

:mrgreen:

Ah... sorry you missed the fun! Always great to meet fellow Firefly fans :D

l_1960de20-cc4d-11e1-9341-ad7e83000008_zps10d42b1b.jpg

LoL - jk, but Firefly really is the best... and so are the fans :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    gaa17 wrote:
    I'm new to this too but one piece of advice I saw online, was to make your Sim bald first while you work on the face and then add hair last. if you add the hair first it can hide the face if you keep seeing the correct/similar hair as the picture you're working with. I trid that out and it helps some. :)

It's been a long month of gg/CAS gaining experiencing for me.

Ahhh... that is a super tip - will try it out on my next sim! Thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Well you did a wonderful job - you all did! I've tried (and failed!) to make look-alike sims enough to know how difficult it is.

Greencats expressed it much more eloquently than I have :oops: You all did a fantastic job, and the difference in points really came down to very slight advantages in one category or another. If anyone would like more detailed feedback including score totals (either in the thread or privately via email) don't hesitate to ask. The GG contest arena doesn't always lend itself to feedback and improvement on entries; but that is more my area of comfort, so I'm happy to go that direction if requested :D
  • Options
    jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oh my goodness, what a treat! I'm sorry I haven't stopped in for so long, but I started classes this week and things have been much more labor intensive than I'd thought in Astronomy. I've barely had time to do anything! Drama class, however, is fantastic and fun and I wish I could switch majors!

Thank you so much for honoring me with 3rd place. Jayne would thank you, but. . . Y'know, he's Jayne. :wink:

As for my prizes, you can feel free to surprise me, just like this thread surprised me!

Thank you again for hosting, Kat, and thanks to the judges, too! Everyone is awesome and lovely.
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited June 2013
    Argh! I love Firefly so so so much! Why didn't I click on this forum sooner?! :lol: Very deserving winners though, very deserving every participant actually!

:mrgreen:

Ah... sorry you missed the fun! Always great to meet fellow Firefly fans :D

l_1960de20-cc4d-11e1-9341-ad7e83000008_zps10d42b1b.jpg

LoL - jk, but Firefly really is the best... and so are the fans :mrgreen:

Oh yes, I'll definitely be stalking this forum for any other Joss Whedon related contests!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    As for my prizes, you can feel free to surprise me, just like this thread surprised me!

Thank you again for hosting, Kat, and thanks to the judges, too! Everyone is awesome and lovely.

Will do, jezebelthenun :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2013

Gifted :D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Thank you for the gifts :)

Also great tips. I will have to try them out. Sometimes there seems to be limitations to what you can do. I prefer to go without custom content-that is just my comfort zone :D There are awesome sims who use it. It is definitely a learning curve and lots of practice. One thing I do, is use different pix. And ask family for their eyes as they can sometimes see things I don't and give their input. I know I do ok but I also know there is ALOT of room for improvement. :) It is great to do a challenge :D You learn so much.

Thank you so much for the opportunity.

charicharn
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay guys, if I'm not mistaken, all the official prizes have now been awarded. I do have two final surprise prizes - these, in the end, are "host's choice," and I'm gifting them directly (so no giving them away to other people :twisted: )

IMHO Best Facial Similarity - 100 SP goes to ... gaa17 for River!

riverfs_zpsd2305480.jpg

For me, the eyes and brows were spot on for giving the impression of river, and the nose was right up there as well. Congrats on conveying the essence of such an ethereal character :D

and

Best Everyday Outfit - 100SP goes to ... Charicharn for Mal!

maloutfit_zpsbcfae672.jpg

Mal's iconic browncoat look is captured to a tee. While not an exact copy of the outfit, it conveys the feel perfectly. Nice job :thumbup:

Thanks again to our fantastic judges: Greencats & Rawr :D
    And to Greencats for sponsoring an additional 500 SP :D

And a big thanks to all of you who entered and participated in my silly trivia questions along the way. Thanks for a great time, and Stay Shiny!

kat

• Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello

Ah thank you so much. Awesome job everyone. :)

Oh too funny on the quote with the gift LOL :)

charicharn
  • Options
    gaa17gaa17 Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2013
    @kitkatt: Thanks soo much! I totes had Simon in mind with that vest too. lol :D
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wow I was on vacation this week and it was a pleasant surprise to come back to a wonderful gift from this contest! Thanks so much to KittKat7147 for the Draped Blouse and to gaa for sharing her prize with me :)