March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big D@%n Heroes - Firefly CAS Contest - Results Posted/Gifting Complete

Comments

• KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's it! She had a terminal disease. It was only very vaguely hinted at in the show, but it was confirmed by Morena Baccarin at a convention panel and by writers (I think) in a 10th Anniversary commentary. How would you like your prize?
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yay I got it right *geek-cred points*
    Could I get the brassy lassy bob please and thank you :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Thelessy
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great entries so far! Looking forward to seeing more.

That venn diagram makes me happy :D:D
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
    edited May 2013
    Thelessy wrote:
    Yay I got it right *geek-cred points*
    Could I get the brassy lassy bob please and thank you :)
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Thelessy

Done! Keep an eye on the thread, everyone. I'll post another trivia question sometime tomorrow :D
    edited May 2013
    Creator Name:Thelessy
    Character Name: Inara Serra
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7329246
    Traits: Charismatic, disciplined, proper, irresistible, nurturing

Description/Explanation:
    I chose Inara because she is compelling, mysterious and enigmatic. There is a lot that is unknown about her and I love a good mystery.

Charismatic : Companions are trained to listen, to comfort, to be entrancing in conversation. Inara tends to enchant those she meets with her charm.
    Disciplined: Companions must be in control at all times, they must not fall in love with their clients, their culture is steeped in ritual and their actions carry meaning and depth. They also learn martial arts both to protect themselves and as an art form.
    Inara has been shown to be adept at sword play and archery.
    Proper : Inara carries herself with grace and poise , she dresses impeccably, is at home in high society and clearly values the finer things in life.
    Irresistible :A single look from her can be captivating, both because of her beauty and her mannerisms.
    Nurturing : Inara often behaves like a big sister watching out for Kaylee and River. She is very caring towards them.

Pictures:
    Close up
    Screenshot-834.jpg
    every day
    Screenshot-844.jpg
    Screenshot-843.jpg
    Formal
    Screenshot-840.jpg
    Gym
    Screenshot-839.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Thelessy wrote:
    Creator Name:Thelessy
    Character Name: Inara Serra
    Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7329246
    Traits: Charismatic, disciplined, proper, irresistible, nurturing

Description/Explanation:
    I chose Inara because she is compelling, mysterious and enigmatic. There is a lot that is unknown about her and I love a good mystery.

Screenshot-834.jpg

Love the entry! Adding it to the list :)

edited May 2013
    New Trivia Question!

I won't always have 100SP to offer for these, but here goes one more time...

"Am I a _____________? I don't think of myself as a ________________. You might as well though, I have a mighty roar."

100SP prize to the person who can

1. identify the word that goes in the blanks for this quotation.
    2. identify the character that said it
    AND
    3. tell us the question that Simon Tam actually asked the character in the scene

Good luck... GO! :)
    edited May 2013
    Are you Alliance ?

To wit he replies 'am I a lion?' the second blanked word should also be lion

Darnit though I have forgotten the name of the guy who said it, creepy bounty hunter guy haha. I don't want to cheat and look it up.
    edited May 2013
    Jubal Earley!
    edited May 2013
    I'll be honest with ya I did open netflix to get the guy's name, I can totally forgo the points for that haha.
    edited May 2013
    You got it again, Thelessy! How would you like your 100SP prize:D

And a 50sp bonus to the next person that can tell me the name of the episode this exchange occurred in - Sorry, Thelessy, in order to share the wealth, you won't be eligible for the bonus question ;)
  • CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello

I have been working my Mal :) Now I have a tough choice whether to enter my River or to do my Kaylee :P

Here are a couple collages I did of River

Riverdeadlygrace.jpg

riverquotescollage.jpg

She is a challenge cause if you do her as a teen you are limited in your choices of traits :P

charicharn

Hope you don't mind the collages
    edited May 2013
    Thelessy wrote:
    I'll be honest with ya I did open netflix to get the guy's name, I can totally forgo the points for that haha.

No worries - I used IMDB to make sure I had the quotation right ;)
    edited May 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

I have been working my Mal :) Now I have a tough choice whether to enter my River or to do my Kaylee :P

Here are a couple collages I did of River

Great pose choices for River, Charicharn! For whichever entry you do choose though, make sure you have a close-up head shot (this is most easily accomplished within CAH, in my experience) as a good deal of the judging will come from facial similarity and this is best judged from an angle looking directly at the camera ;)
    edited May 2013
    Hello

The name of the episode was "Objects in Space" It is where River pretended to be Serenity and she was in the bounty hunters ship...(Looked up the name though :D)

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

The name of the episode was "Objects in Space" It is where River pretended to be Serenity and she was in the bounty hunters ship...(Looked up the name though :D)

charicharn

You got it, charicharn! How would you like your 50SP prize? :D
    edited May 2013
    Hello

I do have some close up of her :) She is in my studio. Just been a bit ..dealing with things...and I also have a couple other contests I wanted to take part in. But I think the deadline for yours is the closest so I will try to see what I can up with by tomorrow :)

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    Hello

I wish it to go to : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo Sashcatilo :)

picked something

Thank you for the bonus :) That was sweet

charicharn
    edited May 2013
    End of my 3-day weekend, and closing in on bedtime. I'll check in tomorrow after work to gift you guys. Stay shiny!

*Slinks off to try to think of a diabolical trivia question to stump Thelessy :mrgreen: ROFL :lol:
    edited May 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

I wish it to go to : http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=saschatilo Sashcatilo :)

picked something

Thank you for the bonus :) That was sweet

charicharn

NP! Done :)
    edited May 2013
    Oh, one last thought before bed... I understand that there have been a number of Firefly CAS contests in the past. And maybe you've submitted one or two of your favorite main characters and won an award in the past (Mal, Kaylee, Wash, Zoe, Inara, etc.)... but what about those memorable supporting characters?

Case-in-point, Jubal Early from the trivia question this evening:

jubalearly_zpse5af1567.png

He only appears once, but there is quite a bit about his character that is revealed. Could make an interesting entry...
    edited May 2013
    He is a cool and totally unstable character. Very interesting.

I am quite good at nerdy trivia, my brain is filled with random facts about Doctor Who and Buffy where most people would store useful things like telephone numbers and directions.

As for my prize, surprise me :)

edited May 2013
    Awesome sims! Love the martial arts poses on River. Love the playing with dinosaurs shot on Wash.

Just for fun..
    tumblr_m203iilrkG1qifw9go1_500.jpg

• jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mivzrlwN001rrbsweo4_250.gif
    edited May 2013
    Haha! I love that quotation from Mal :D And great Jayne gif, jezebelthenun ;)

This question is for a full page of recs -

What is the name of Mal and Zoe's friend from the Independence who had his body shipped to them on a space station? And what is the gift that Jayne received from his mom at the same station?