Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Logo + Sim Eyes

BJl4PpTCUAAgpcv.jpg:large

What do you all think?

I think it's a bit plain compared to the other ones, but I can get used to it.

EDIT: There's another screenshot showing sims:

BJl4apjCMAE-_Cs.jpg:large

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    As I said in the other topic, it looks very simplistic. I'm just hoping that doesn't meant that the game itself will be simplified as well.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's very odd that there's no plumbbob and the font is different. It's not important, though. I just want to see what the TS4 Sims look like. :-)
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    If that's the logo then wow, I wonder how the game is going to be. I hope it's not dumbed down as much as the sims 3 was. I hope that the sims 4 offers more of a challenge than the sims 3. I think that's one of the reasons why the sims 3 would get boring, because of the lack of a challenge. I do like how the sims look though, if those are the sims in the OPs post at the bottom of it.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's very odd that there's no plumbbob

I find that a bit unusual too. I was expecting something with the green and blue plumbbobs together.
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited May 2013
    I actually quite like those eyes - they look like a lot of default replacement eyes - but I like my game cartoony. I know the people who were expecting more realism won't be keen.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

I find that a bit unusual too. I was expecting something with the green and blue plumbbobs together.

How about the fact the text is green and blue? :wink:
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope that screenshot of the three sims is not for TS4. I mean, EA/Maxis can't be that dumb, right? They wouldn't let the graphics be that bad, right????? Right!?!?!?!
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited May 2013
    Zerbu wrote:

I agree it is weird that there's no plumb bob anywhere, :?
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    If those are the graphics for the Sims in Sims 4, just based on what we're seeing here, it doesn't look like much of a graphics upgrade to me. I know it's rash to make a snap judgement based on just a partial face image, but it just doesn't give me a "wow" factor.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    atomic_roseatomic_rose Posts: 790 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm happy. I don't like the way the sims look, but I'm certain that this is just the beginning. Once E3 comes and they have a demo of it they will show what the sims will really look like.

I am however thrilled that they listened to the fans and did not add online features to TS4. Because of that I will be buying the game.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited May 2013
    jaxie086 wrote:
    I really hope that screenshot of the three sims is not for TS4. I mean, EA/Maxis can't be that dumb, right? They wouldn't let the graphics be that bad, right????? Right!?!?!?!

The Sims 3's graphics were pretty bad in many areas (even compared to The Sims 2, in some areas). That didn't stop them from releasing it.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    The logo reminds me of the TS1 Logo with it's simplicity and I love it.

sims-gallery1_1414242i.jpg

How can people judge what the graphics will look like from one tiny pic? They look like an awesome mix of TS2 and TS3 Sims, it's the expressions which look a little cartoony.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am VERY excited and happy about this announcement.

The logo looks simplistic and fresh which is great.

The sims, albeit I'm looking at just the eyes, remind me of The Sims 2 in a way which I like. Keep in mind, The Sims 3 sims have changed slightly before its release so we could be looking at just an early design for them.

This is awesome, I can't wait to hear more or see more screenshots.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I'll be much more interested in seeing what the animations are like. I think the quality of the animation has a much bigger effect on the game than the amount of detail in the Sims.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think those sims are looking fantastic! MUCH BETTER than Sims 3 characters by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2013
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Personally, I'll be much more interested in seeing what the animations are like. I think the quality of the animation has a much bigger effect on the game than the amount of detail in the Sims.

I agree.

http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/the-sims-3-create-a-sim-mode-screenshot.jpg

Here is an image of a The Sims 3 sim very early on. Smiling into the distance, very little expression. These new ones look like they will have real personality. Although its far too early to really say for sure, it's what I'm hoping.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    The eyes surely look realistic and more smaller. I think the color of the plumbob will be blue instead green. So far, I think I like how Sims look, even though, only half of them are shown.
  • Options
    Kokokey7Kokokey7 Posts: 63 Member
    edited May 2013
    LOOK closely. The one of the far left looks like TS1 and the middle TS2 and the last looks like TS3. They're showing the progression of the graphics. I do not believe this is even an image from 4, just an example of how much they progressed over the years!
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    What I noticed in the eyes is that they actually have personality/emotion. I love my TS3 sims, but their eyes are so emotionless ._. The one red haired one is beautiful and has passion in her eyes.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    What I noticed in the eyes is that they actually have personality/emotion. I love my TS3 sims, but their eyes are so emotionless ._. The one red haired one is beautiful and has passion in her eyes.

Yeah, agreed :)
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think they look great.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Kokokey7 wrote:
    LOOK closely. The one of the far left looks like TS1 and the middle TS2 and the last looks like TS3. They're showing the progression of the graphics. I do not believe this is even an image from 4, just an example of how much they progressed over the years!

No. They're all made with the same graphical style; the eyes of Sims 2 and 3 lacked emotions, but these all express emotions, and the one you think is TS2 isn't angular enough.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    :shock:

Okay everything I heard I like, especially TS4 continuing to be a single player/offline experience. And the fact they are going back to the roots of what makes TS so special is the sims themselves, and they are paying a lot more attention to interactions and behaviors which I really, really like to hear and see. Moreover, it's really nice how they find fans/players feedback very important to them to continue to make the game as amazing as it can be. So far so good. :thumbup:

However, I cannot seem to get adjusted to the way those sims in TS4 look. :? Although to be fair it took a little getting used to TS3 sims but I was really hoping the sims would look more realistic and not like TS2 sims with a mix of appearance also from TS3 sims. The hair is all blocky but I hope the sims pictured are just used as an example of facial expressions/behaviors than the actual appearance of the sims themselves. Eyelashes like TS2's but like I said, I'm hoping the purpose was just to show the focus on sims' personalities/reactions and not the actual graphics of the sims...as I suppose that would be too early anyway since TS3 is still in progress.

I don't know...maybe it's just me.

But it is looking very promising that I may also continue on to TS4. Everything said so far is spot on and already pretty much surpassed by 2 conditions...but although the sims themselves get revamped with the way they interact, etc. I am hoping there are many family orientated actions as well and I cannot wait to learn more about what's new to how sims interact with each other and the world around them. :mrgreen:

P.S. The logo looks fine to me, for it is really the content of the game I really care about. The logo looks nice and simplistic which I really enjoy because this seems to further prove their stance of going back to the root of TS. So the logo kind of reminds me of the original TS logo but even nicer.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    Kokokey7 wrote:

No offence but did you ever play the sims 1? The sims then looked NOTHING like that sim on the left, trust me :lol::)

I personally don't like the look of the new sims at all, but as it's very early days yet I expect that they may not look like that at all. I would want more realism personally, not a cartoonish look.

As for the logo, I love it - reminds me of the original sims logo. I don't see why it needs to have a plumbob.