Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Logo + Sim Eyes

Comments

• Options
    idontknowmateidontknowmate Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    They really remind of Pixar human characters. The guy in the middle looks like that guy from Ratatouille and the girl from the left looks like a character from Brave. I know its extremely early to say anything about the game, but if I can just indulge on being judgmental for a second, I don't like the picture. To me, they are cartoony. I'm not hoping for next generation graphics (even though technically this game is suppose to be 'next gen' if we are following the timeline of The Sims). To be honest, I have no idea how the Sims should look like. If they are ultra realistic, I would probably need a new computer.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really like the look in the readheads eyes, it seems like it is full of life :)
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    They look pretty good so far. From the cropped, smallish picture they showed, it looks like the skin will look a tad more realistic while still being cartoonish. The eyes are a huge improvement. The TS3 eyes always bothered me, they were too big and had no detail to them like these do. The emotion coming from each sim is palpable, even though all we see are their eyes. I'm satisfied.

34336_s.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited May 2013
    If that's the logo then wow, I wonder how the game is going to be. I hope it's not dumbed down as much as the sims 3 was. I hope that the sims 4 offers more of a challenge than the sims 3. I think that's one of the reasons why the sims 3 would get boring, because of the lack of a challenge. I do like how the sims look though, if those are the sims in the OPs post at the bottom of it.

They are using the original game's logo. Remember how hard that game was? It was GREAT! Such a challenge. I'm hoping that this new game will be more along that one, only in 3d..how very cool would that be!!

Plus, if the Sims acted like our sims did in ts2 or even better, OMG! That would better than GREAT, there is no word to describe how good that would be, lol!!

ETA; nevermind, that's not the original, I saw that house thingy on the audio, and thought they were reusing it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013
    If they are ultra realistic, I would probably need a new computer.
    I'll probably need new eyes. For some unexplained reason, I detest and am terrified of realistic looking characters, especially in games ._. Probably why I had to give up so many good games.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    What I noticed in the eyes is that they actually have personality/emotion. I love my TS3 sims, but their eyes are so emotionless ._. The one red haired one is beautiful and has passion in her eyes.

I agree as well. I love the emotion conveyed in their eyes. This is actually taught in modeling to use your eyes, not just your body. Not sure about acting but I guess that applies too since animation is acting...or reacting. :mrgreen:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    looks cartoon like which is fine by me and the eyes are very expressive
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the look of the eyes, they do transport emotion. But I am not at all impressed with the rest of the faces and hair! They kind of look like characters from a preschool tv show
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited May 2013
    The upper faces look like Sims 2 graphics modernized. Like it.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like that they've gone for cartoon-ishness rather than some surreal photorealism, but I hope there's still plenty of work to be done. Looking at the larger version of the image indicates that the hair textures are still quite flat. The lighting and shadows seem better on the faces and I love how expressive they look, but at the moment the skin still seems sort of pudding-like.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    [...]I am however thrilled that they listened to the fans and did not add online features to TS4. Because of that I will be buying the game.

Stop! There will be online features within TS4 (confirmed by SimGuruHydra-> here (sixth answer)). They are, however, NOT the main part of the game meaning you do not need a permanent internet connection. But there will be additional online features.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2013
    I also immediately thought the new logo looks like the original. I like the picture. It doesn't show much but eyes look amazing. I don't like how the eyebrows look though. They just bother me!
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm absolutely in love with the logo! As soon as I saw it I got a feeling that Maxis were going to be taking the franchise back to basics. If they do this, there will be no doubt in my mind that I'll get back to being a regular player.

Also loving the eyes promotional image. Almost mysterious.
  • Options
    Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    purpose of those eyes is to emphasize "expressiveness" of Sims :)

Look at them, they all express something, and gurus took a lot of time to really tell that to us during conference call :)
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like it.... its simple and is very open in a way. I love the whole thing behind the eyes
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would honestly love it if the sims did look like that, it isn't about realism otherwise it would be boring! Something needs to be edgy, if it was so realistic then it would just be like our life which we would 'play' instead!

Imagine seeing a sim with those eyes walking into a room!! I think I heard someone say that it shows the sims expressions! Maybe the third face is of someone who saw someone acting dumb or something!! :D I can't wait!
  • Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you're supposed to be looking at the graphics as much as noticing how expressive the eyes are. It's a representation of the focus of the sims 4 which is them sims themselves and (hopefully) their new unique personalities.
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2013
    orrasfairy wrote:
    I don't think you're supposed to be looking at the graphics as much as noticing how expressive the eyes are. It's a representation of the focus of the sims 4 which is them sims themselves and (hopefully) their new unique personalities.

Agreed. It's the eyes in the images we're supposed to be looking at. They said in the conference call they would be getting back to the roots of how The Sims original game was and focusing on the interactions and behaviors of sims, and eyes are extremely expressive. By working on that our sims should feel more realistic to us, and get back to that whimsical feeling the original Sims had.

We have another year to go for development of the game, so that image should not be what people judge to be what sims will look like in the final game. It's a promotional image. Think of all the promotional images you may have seen over the years and then what you actually get in the game.
  • Options
    TheDigitalZombieTheDigitalZombie Posts: 43 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it looks ok, but i guess we will all just have to wait and see...
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the logo. :D I think that the graphics for the Sims 3 are really nice now. If they get a huge upgrade for Sim 4, then my laptop won't be able to handle it.
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If those are the sims in the sims 4... Ill need a lot of CC
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited May 2013
    They do look better than sims 3 eyes. I like sparkly eyes and never really was a fan of very plain eyes so...I am not sure if I like those or not. I want to see more pictures.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2013
    They are missing a key icon (plumbbob) which is why I hope this isn't the final logo.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the Pixar look of the sims. The skin looks fresh, and the eyes are nice and bright...I like it. The only issue is the hair...it looks like plastic.
  • Options
    jwghostjwghost Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited May 2013
    the graphics are PRETTY bad! :evil: TS4 was supposed to be even more realistic than The Sims 3, wth? what happened? it's looking like an facebook game blergh.