Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barcelona (WIP) - Beta uploaded! - New update (1/07/14)

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited February 2014
    Great work! The gym looks fantastic!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much! :D

Reach, I actually think a cat park is quite a stupid idea, not very realistic. But I always add one in my worlds, as well as the other pets lots (although I don't think I'm going to add horse facilities in this world...) Glad you like it!

Fun fact: it kinda looks like a kidney seen from above :lol:
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited February 2014
    Testing the lots, should be delivered soon.
  • Options
    GnjburgessGnjburgess Posts: 400 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I usually don't download worlds with custom content, but this one may be worth it..... :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi!
    Sometimes a world can´t be what it should without CC, and there are so many wonderfull items out there that are even better than the store ones!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Screenshot-139-3.jpgScreenshot-140-3.jpgScreenshot-151-3.jpgScreenshot-149-3.jpgScreenshot-147-3.jpgScreenshot-148-3.jpgScreenshot-145-3.jpgScreenshot-146-3.jpgScreenshot-144-3.jpgScreenshot-143-3.jpg

Will upload in the morning ( Play Tested Mother approved )

BTW This is amazing. Screenshot-135-2.jpgScreenshot-136-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Very nice Daethaqt, great work!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi Daethaqt :)
    I love the decoration, you've done a wonderful job! But I said I didn't want any CC or Store objects and in your pictures I see a lot of Store objects :( Could you please replace it with content from the EPs and SPs I mentioned in the post in my blog? I know it might have taken you some time, but I was pretty clear with that... Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:
    Hi Daethaqt :)
    I love the decoration, you've done a wonderful job! But I said I didn't want any CC or Store objects and in your pictures I see a lot of Store objects :( Could you please replace it with content from the EPs and SPs I mentioned in the post in my blog? I know it might have taken you some time, but I was pretty clear with that... Thank you.

Oh I thought you said no CC but Store items were okay? Anyway it can be easily be fixed.
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Nilxis!

Well, you know I'm just going to go on Tumblr and reblog just about everything you've posted :D
    Camp Nou! Oh my goodness. Did I tell you I was in Barcelona not once, but TWICE for FCB winning El Copa Del Rey?
    It looks SO GREAT! Thank you so much for such a faithful adaptation. Also: do you know there are FCB fans amongst the EA store team? There is an FCB fan living in Monte Vista ;) Pepe something-or-other...

Anyhow :D Congratulations on the Beta!
    Do you still need families? Interior decorating? I would love to make a family for you. I need to take things easy so I can't promise to be very speedy with getting them made, but hopefully within a couple weeks I could do that. I have a family of three in mind and I would love to recreate the little apartment I stayed in when I was there. It was just north of Sagrada Familia. I don't know if you would want something like that, but if you do, I'd be thrilled :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much for removing the Store content!
    There's an important thing you should know though, when I opened the lots in the Sims3pack cleaner some corrupt files showed up, but I cleaned them and after that I have been able to install them successfully :thumbup:

Te decoration was wonderful, there were some missing objects, from some SPs I don't have I guess, but just a few. Apart from that I haven't had any other problem, so thank you so much for your help and collaboration! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:
    Thank you so much for removing the Store content!
    There's an important thing you should know though, when I opened the lots in the Sims3pack cleaner some corrupt files showed up, but I cleaned them and after that I have been able to install them successfully :thumbup:

Te decoration was wonderful, there were some missing objects, from some SPs I don't have I guess, but just a few. Apart from that I haven't had any other problem, so thank you so much for your help and collaboration! :D

Bummer about the corrupt files. Can you identify them so I can remove them.

And anything else I can do to help let me know? I will reinstall so I wont have to deal with the corruption, I don't want anyone distrusting my Uploads.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    This is one of the lots in Sims3Pack Cleaner:

q8i4.png

I'm not sure how to identify the corrupt files, I think the corruption comes normally from a CC object but in the picture it says "shellDragonCaveChina", which is a WA object. Maybe this is just a random name... I don't know :( What I did was untick the corrupt files to clean the lot file, just in case. But I don't think it would have given me problems.

Sims3Pack cleaner is a very useful program to delete and find attached CC and corrupt files, I always use it before uploading a Sims3Pack. Maybe you want to use it too, so you can get it here: http://modthesims.info/d/390235

Aminovas wrote:
    Hi Nilxis!

Well, you know I'm just going to go on Tumblr and reblog just about everything you've posted
    Camp Nou! Oh my goodness. Did I tell you I was in Barcelona not once, but TWICE for FCB winning El Copa Del Rey?
    It looks SO GREAT! Thank you so much for such a faithful adaptation. Also: do you know there are FCB fans amongst the EA store team? There is an FCB fan living in Monte Vista Pepe something-or-other...

Anyhow Congratulations on the Beta!
    Do you still need families? Interior decorating? I would love to make a family for you. I need to take things easy so I can't promise to be very speedy with getting them made, but hopefully within a couple weeks I could do that. I have a family of three in mind and I would love to recreate the little apartment I stayed in when I was there. It was just north of Sagrada Familia. I don't know if you would want something like that, but if you do, I'd be thrilled
    I forgot to reply you! So glad to see you back :D
    Thanks for the nice comments! I am not very much into football myself but FCB is my favourite team of course. And I didn't know there were Barça fans in EA, well in fact there are Barça fans all around the world :mrgreen:

Right now I don't have anything new to offer for you to help me. I plan to add some more city blocks in the other side of La Diagonal, and they would look like the ones in Eixample, so it would be great to have a recreation of your apartment in one of the buildings there. When I have some new lots I will upload them because some other people have also asked me to collaborate with that ;) About the families, I still have to finish the building part but if you want you can create this family you say, just remind me to include it so I don't forget it! And if you want you can help play-testing too :)

Thanks for the interest, I hope to show you all new things soon!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:
    This is one of the lots in Sims3Pack Cleaner:
    q8i4.png

Are those the World Adventure Photos I took and decorated the house with?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure... maybe you are right, because they were missing in my game. How did you make these pictures? I think there was an option to convert them into paintings that came with WA or Ambitions, I'm not sure (I hardly ever play :XD: ) Maybe this kind of paintings don't transfer well when you export a lot, and they get corrupt... I'm just speculating, I don't really know which is the cause of this, sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:
    I'm not sure... maybe you are right, because they were missing in my game. How did you make these pictures? I think there was an option to convert them into paintings that came with WA or Ambitions, I'm not sure (I hardly ever play :XD: ) Maybe this kind of paintings don't transfer well when you export a lot, and they get corrupt... I'm just speculating, I don't really know which is the cause of this, sorry.

Sad face... I traveled to the worlds snapped the pictures then traveled home then added them to the walls. The pictures were the Highlight of the lot. Glad you like it otherwise.
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:

Right now I don't have anything new to offer for you to help me. I plan to add some more city blocks in the other side of La Diagonal, and they would look like the ones in Eixample, so it would be great to have a recreation of your apartment in one of the buildings there. When I have some new lots I will upload them because some other people have also asked me to collaborate with that ;) About the families, I still have to finish the building part but if you want you can create this family you say, just remind me to include it so I don't forget it! And if you want you can help play-testing too :)

Thanks for the interest, I hope to show you all new things soon!

Hi! I'll start working on that family when I'm next in game. That will be so much fun to do the apartment. Count me in! Especially if it is mostly doing the interior. The apartment building was typical of Eixample. What you have done looks so so good, both from street level and from above. You couldn't mistake this for anywhere else in the world. And I'll definitely play test! I'm still getting my game sorted. Hopefully I'll be back in business today or tomorrow :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    World??
  • Options
    PoppedBubbleGuyPoppedBubbleGuy Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2014
    I love how observable your builds are. I learn so much just by watching.
    We were born sick, you heard them say it.-Hozier
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sorry for the lack of updates :( I was having problems with my computer and I had to reinstall all my Sims 3 games twice. Now everything is working again and hopefully it will continue like this.
    I love how observable your builds are. I learn so much just by watching.
    This makes me so happy because I've learn a lot by watching other people's buildings so you doing the same with my buildings means a lot to me :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Here's a new update about the new things I've done during February and March, not a lot but you deserve to be informed!
    I haven't built anyting new, but I've enlarged the city, I've converted new deco buildings and I've added the river and some new beaches :) Here you have the pictures:

Screenshot.jpg

xlJBLq
    Aerial pictures: 1. The whole city y 2. The new area and the Besòs river

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg
    These are the new buildings I've converted from Microsoft Flight Simulator to TS3 :)

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Diagonal Avenue

Screenshot-18.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Night shots

I hope you like it :D
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow! :shock: That looks Gorgeous.
    How's the world holding up performance-wise?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It´s really great!!!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you both :D

Niac, the world runs well on my computer (4GB) with the graphics set medium, so I think it will work fine for medium and powerful computers but sadly not for lower-end ones. Right now there are 93 lots, and I'm expecting to have up to 105-110, which I think it's great for such a huge world :wink: