Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barcelona (WIP) - Beta uploaded! - New update (1/07/14)

Comments

• Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks all so much! I didn't expect so many help in such a short time :-o
    yesme88 wrote:
    beautiful world !! does it require IP ?
    Yes, it does.
    junceda wrote:
    Hi!

I post on your blog, I´m takimg nº 4, is it ok? is 60s decor ok with you? in a family way? whatever you want tell me please
    Everything you say is totally ok! I've written you down in the list :) Thanks!
    I finally started a new game in another world the other day, then this comes up! I'd like to help with decorating but I'm really just no good at it u.u
    Don't worry, you can help testing too :D
    Daethaqt wrote:
    I would like to help but I want to avoid any CC.
    The lots you've chosen in my blog use a very few CC (I think number 2 doesn't use any), so you can just not install the CC file and decorate right away. I will replace it easily :thumbup: Thank you!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi!

What do you think about this living room

Screenshot-273_zps2c8a58db.jpg?t=1390783710"width=700"

Screenshot-271_zps3cd4b750.jpg?t=1390869971"width=700"

Screenshot-272_zpsffd7b370.jpg?t=1390869934"width=700"

Screenshot-274_zpsfd993736.jpg?t=1390869887"width=700"

Do you like it?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I really like it but I'm afraid sims will get stuck in some places, I think some of the furniture blocks some doors... make sure to test it :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi!

I wish I would be able to upload a video to show you how my beloved John Builder moves around everywhere but I hope you can see that everything is reachable in these pics

Screenshot-285_zpsf273cf8a.jpg?t=1390869435"width=700"

This ia a huge house, be confident, I have had 8 sims living on a 10x10 lot many times, I love tiny houses, it may sound conceited, but I am good on furnishing small places in sims and in RL, I used to say "Ay si cupiéramos todos así de bien en la gloria" (I wish we all could have so much room for us in heaven) and my children (I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren) say "ya esta mamá con sus glorias" (mamá and her heavens). My Bennetts have now two kids at your house boat in Suvadiva that now is a two bedrooms house besides all the ítems you put in it.

I wish I could be so much sure about my tastes and your aesthetic view, I want to make something of the level... you know what I mean
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2014
    Building #2 has a routing issue the sims cant enter the front door. it says the door is in the way?

But here is what I got so far.

Screenshot-134-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Junceda, great to see it works! Having to redesign this room would have been a pity, because I really like how it looks! :wink:

Daethaqt, I like your decoration too! The green shades look good :D I will check the routing issue now! Oh, just a question: the stove and the rug, from which EP are they from? I think I have never seen them in my game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi!

I´m so glad that you like it!

I have the wet rooms

Screenshot-295_zpsf77385db.jpg?t=1391023313"width=700"

Screenshot-296_zpsf865328b.jpg?t=1391023268"width=700"

Screenshot-291_zpsc0f5ff3d.jpg?t=1391023355"width=700"

Screenshot-290_zpsf638957e.jpg?t=1391023404"width=700"

Screenshot-293_zps4ae12fb4.jpg?t=1390937049"width=700"

Hope you like it and happy simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The first bedroom

Screenshot-298_zpsc36e6c4c.jpg?t=1391034570"width=700"

Screenshot-297_zps6f0c45bc.jpg?t=1390948303"width=700"

Screenshot-300_zps3ad19b1c.jpg?t=1391034521"width=700"

Screenshot-299_zpsde1d1e7b.jpg?t=1391034651"width=700"
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The studio

Screenshot-303_zps50dfe91b.jpg?t=1390951858"width=700"

Screenshot-305_zps667843f6.jpg?t=1391038060"width=700"

Screenshot-302_zpsabcba584.jpg?t=1391038114"width=700"
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The kid´s room and the balcony

Screenshot-309_zps88413ee5.jpg?t=1391042504"width=700"

Screenshot-311_zps17015bb6.jpg?t=1391042562"width=700"

Screenshot-312_zpsa46f2868.jpg?t=1390956252"width=700"

And the whole house

Screenshot-313_zps51f70336.jpg?t=1391042441"width=700"

I hope you like it, but if you want me to change anything just tell me
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I love it and I wouldn't change anything :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thankyou very much!

I posted on your blog (very bad I fear :oops: but I will manage it better next time) what I wanted to say is

Do you want me to furnish the comunnity patio?

Have you considered to mark the patio as a public space so it will not be charging the price of the living apartment?

If you don´t want me to do nothing with the nice patio I will upload the lot to google drive, I don´t want to upload it to the Exchange as if it was mine and less before the world is finished
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Here it is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_7erTjobHyhcDBnSllSa1U5d2s/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you like it and don´t forget I´m still on duty I will change or redo anything, I have tested the routing everywhere and it´s ok.

If you want anything else I´m willing!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone,

Junceda, I have downloaded and installed the lot. I doesn't need any change, you've done a wonderful job furnishing it :D Thank you so much!

Daethaqt, I checked the routing issue and I have the same error. I tried everything to fix it: changing the door, moving the wall one tile inside, one tile outside, creating another entrance, etc. but nothing worked. It was very frustrating, the only thing that has worked is deleting the door and the wall to make the room open. So I'm going to do this if there aren't any more solutions :?
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2014
    I can help with decorating since I have free time this weekend. Is there any building in particular that you would want me to do?

Any architectural inspiration or style to go with?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Nevermind, just saw your post ;)

I saw that 1-9 were already taken, so oh well I'm too late :) If there's one that you would want me to do anyways, then just say the word and I'm on it.

For now I can play-test
  • Options
    DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nilxis wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Junceda, I have downloaded and installed the lot. I doesn't need any change, you've done a wonderful job furnishing it :D Thank you so much!

Daethaqt, I checked the routing issue and I have the same error. I tried everything to fix it: changing the door, moving the wall one tile inside, one tile outside, creating another entrance, etc. but nothing worked. It was very frustrating, the only thing that has worked is deleting the door and the wall to make the room open. So I'm going to do this if there aren't any more solutions :?

Okay will have it up soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Zach, thank you for your help! Play testing is very needed because I tend to do lots of tricks with my buildings and then I find surprises :mrgreen: I will surely upload more lots to furnish but at the moment I don't have any.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My pleasure! What I'm doing is designing an apartment simply to live in and when you have another lot I can just transfer the stuff.

also I'll focus on testing the areas which have already been decorated.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My Sim had a pleasant two days' time testing Barcelona. He's enjoying life as a Spaniard. Taking siestas, playing flamenco con la gitarra, eating ceviche.

screenshot_original.jpg

The world's kinda lonely though, so he doesn't need a closet.

There are a few problems that I discovered:

1) At the front steps of La Sagrada Familia, I need to manually get my sim up the steps to get through the front door. I believe this is solvable by placing the door another space away from the steps, but I'm not sure on that fix.

2) I forgot the name of this bridge but it's this one:

screenshot_original.jpg

My sim won't traverse the bridge unless he's two steps away from it. Otherwise, he'll walk all the way around. Maybe deleting the long sidewalk might fix that? I don't know...

Also with the same bridge when my sim was leaving the aquarium, he wandered and got stuck in the Riverside fence in the gap between the bollard and the lot where the bridge is. He was stuck in the wall for a bit, and then swam out into the area under the bridge where he couldn't swim away from the lot. I did the "resetsim *" cheat to get him out.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi Zach, thank you so much for reporting these bugs!
    I will test them too tomorrow and see I I can find a solution.
    The bridge, whose name is Rambla del Mar, actually quite scares me. I hope it doesn't give many problems.
    We keep in touch :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I think a fix you might wanna test on la Rambla del Mar is painting the ground with sim-non routable paint. When you do that on lots, it only affects the ground and not floor tiles. I'd just be careful with it around the stairs if you tried that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have tested both Sagrada Familia and Rambla del Mar:

- When you talk about the front steps of Sagrada Familia, do you refer to the ones in this entrance?:
    cdtd.jpg
    I have told my sim to go inside and he has entered the building without any problems, same to go outside. Actually this is the only entrance that works, the nice ones are decorative because Luna's towers block the space in the middle of them.

- About the bridge, I have seen that sims will only use it if they are inside the lot. To me it has worked when I have clicked the ground on the other side and I have sent my sim there, but I will surely paint with non-routable paint next to the riverside fence to avoid sims getting stuck there :thumbup:

Btw, I didn't know how the non-routing paint worked on lots, I thought that it didn't affect them. That's a new thing I've learnt so thank you :D

If you experiment more errors just tell me!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    More updates!
    The city is growing quickly :D I have created all the lots in the new areas I showed you in the previous update and now I'm ready to start a new one: The district of Sant Martí, which is the most modern part of the city. Here are some pictures of the new lots:

Screenshot-271.jpg
    Camp Nou

Screenshot-272.jpg

Screenshot-273.jpg

Screenshot-274.jpg

Screenshot-275.jpg
    Bowling/Arcade

Screenshot-277.jpg
    Cats park in Montjuïc

Screenshot-280.jpg

Screenshot-278.jpg

Screenshot-279.jpg
    Graveyard

Screenshot-281.jpg

Screenshot-282.jpg
    Gym

More soon! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's all looking fabulous, Nilxis! Love the update.

I've never been a fan of cats - I'm a dog lover - and unfortunately, I have two cats in heat in my neighborhood at this very moment. Last night one of them decided to camp directly outside of my bedroom window when I went to bed! :evil:

But... your little cat park is awfully cute! :thumbup: