Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Barcelona (WIP) - Beta uploaded! - New update (1/07/14)

NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
Hello :D
Here I present you my latest project: Barcelona. I started this project approximately three weeks ago and now it's the time to share it with you.

I have started building the maritime area and I'll progressively build the rest of the city towards the interior. Barcelona is the biggest city here in Catalonia and it has many characteristic places and many different architectural styles, I hope to be able to recreate them well.

I'm using the biggest map size, some CC and all EPs. The world will also have custom INIs, the ones you can see in the pics below are not the definitive version. Here are the pictures:

Screenshot-270.jpg
Overview pic

Screenshot-271.jpg
Columbus monument

Screenshot-274.jpg
Rambla del Mar (I'll fix the access stairs once Island Paradise is out)

Screenshot-279.jpg

Screenshot-276.jpg

Screenshot-269.jpg
Port Authority Building - works as a celebrity club

Screenshot-278.jpg

Screenshot-289.jpg

Screenshot-275.jpg
Aquarium of Barcelona

Screenshot-293.jpg

Screenshot-294.jpg

Screenshot-295.jpg
I'll update all the fish tanks once IP is out ;)

Screenshot-280.jpg
Restaurant in front of the beach in the Barceloneta District

Screenshot-281.jpg

Screenshot-282.jpg

Screenshot-285.jpg

Screenshot-287.jpg

Screenshot-288.jpg
Finally, my tribute to Luna who has created the Sagrada Família Towers and the Agbar Tower which will help so much.

So I would love to see what you think about it. Any opinion or suggestion is welcome!
I hope you like it!

Comments

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    :shock: Oh my, it's absolutely gorgeous. Will you be including any Store content? This world would work perfectly with Island Paradise and the Traveler Mod.

I love the aquarium, I'm planning to build one myself when IP comes out so hopefully I can add the 'ocean floor' objects as well as the new sealife. Yours looks great. :D
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yes!! A new Nilxis world! It is gorgeous, of course, and something fresh to bookmark and drool over in anticipation as we watch it develop.
  • Lizpearl87Lizpearl87 Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah!!!! So glad you are making a new world! You are my absolute favorite world creator. Currently playing in Plav Raj, which I always seem to come back to. Thanks for sharing these masterpieces with us. Quick question, how did you make that aquarium??? Am I missing something here?
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 2013
    Barcelona is a magical city. Great idea to recreate it, Nilxis. Can't wait to see how you manage La Sagrada Familia - or even the Palace!
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited April 2013

Beautiful so far, but you know what a fan of your painting I am, I'm waiting for more landscape, which will be spectacular :D!

• 4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm seriously in love with this! I've lived 2 years in Spain and I had the great luck of going three times to the awesome and beautiful Barcelona. I gotta tell you, I feel like if I was there, like, WOW! You did an amazing job in the port and the buildings!! I can't wait to see the final piece of art!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi thank you for your comments :wink:

Alex, in the aquarium there are 2 starfishes from Sunlit Tides, but I'll delete them. I wont be using Store Content.

Lizpearl, I have made it with the fog emmitter effects. There's a tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416500

Sneak, this won't be a world with many landscapes, but there are some mountains and hills in Barcelona which I will create such as Collserola Mountains and The Montjuïc Mountain :thumbup:

Can't wait to show you more!
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited April 2013

Whatever landscaping there is will be spectacular, with all you've given us I have no doubts about it Nilxis! In my opinion, you are the most realistic creator of us all (sorry folks, but I include myself also)!
    edited April 2013
    Bump :)
  • BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow! :shock:

Amazing!

:-)
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Bobble :D
    Here are some fresh and new pics and info:

Screenshot.jpg
    New building in Barceloneta (deco)

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Inside one of the 3 liveable houses in Barceloneta

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Patio of the previous house

Screenshot-11.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg
    W Hotel Barcelona (works as a base camp)

hotel-W-barcelona.jpg
    Here's a picture of the real thing. As you can see it's much more shiny. The walls in my version are metallic, but they are not very shiny... Maybe is just my computer because I've seen videos of skyscrapers in Sims 3 which are really shiny so If there's a way to make it look shinier I'd like to know it :mrgreen:

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Hotel's pool

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Inside the hotel

More soon!!

PS:If you think I can improve something please tell me :)
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    This is Dam*n good! I'm very excited for this to come out. :D I just love barcelona.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited April 2013
    Very pretty, love the aquarium and am excited for this World.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh my God!! I´m burning with envy... :mrgreen: I am working in a world inspired in Madrid, and now I know anything I should do will stand the comparation... :twisted:
    Your work is as good as ever, but I am not giving up, I will spy this thread :lol: and if you dont mind I will take some advise in how you solve the problems to compress a city of 6 millions people into a simworld of 2 or 3 hundred :roll: and still have it playable.
    Good work!, you are one of the best world builders so well done and keep on your way!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited April 2013
    W.O.W :-o

That is amazing! I didn't think you could top Plav Raj and Ziwa Bonde, but I think you are! :mrgreen:
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2013
    :shock: It's amazing, I can't wait to see more. :D I'd love to use this as a vacation world with the Traveler mod.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited April 2013
    You should try his other Spanishy worlds, they are quite like this.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much fot your nice comments!!!! :D

I've been building around the coastline, here is a new update:

Screenshot-23.jpg

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Beach bar

Screenshot-26.jpg
    Hospital del Mar (Sea Hospital)

Screenshot-27.jpg
    Picture of the coastline: Hotel Arts (left) and Mapfre Tower (right). These two buildings have been created by Monsoon

20236420.jpg
    Real picture

Screenshot-30.jpg

Screenshot-34.jpg
    Olympic Port

Screenshot-31.jpg

Screenshot-33.jpg
    My "recreation" of El Peix d'Or (the golden fish), by the architect Frank Gehry. The lot where it's located works as a Poolside Club.

800-Frank-Gehry-Peix-dOr-Barcelona-April-2009.jpg
    Real picture

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Estació de França (France Railway Station) - Doesn't have any specific function, but there's a Subway there.

800px-Estacio_de_Fran%25C3%25A7a_Barcelona.JPG
    Real picture

Screenshot-38.jpg

Screenshot-39.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg

Screenshot-43.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

Overview:
    Screenshot-45.jpg
    Finally an overview pic

I hope you like it!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Lizpearl87Lizpearl87 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2013
    The subway station! I love it! Your attention to detail is inspiring to say the least.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :D

It looks near perfect- as usual. :thumbup:
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it :D
    edited May 2013
    Oh my! great update. Is this your first city world?
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Niac :D
    No, I built Dubai two years ago but I abandoned that project, so this will be my first official city world :mrgreen:
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2013
    You did a great recreation of the railway station I like it very much this world will be wonderfull
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    edited May 2013
    Nilxis wrote:
    Thanks Niac :D
    No, I built Dubai two years ago but I abandoned that project, so this will be my first official city world :mrgreen:

Wow! Dubai, what an endeavor. I don't blame you for ditching it. :shock: