Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fresh Start Build Comp - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited April 2013
    Entrant name: annasommer
    Lot choice: Commercial. An asian style bar, lot name: Asiabar

A nice´n´quiet asian spot for your neighbourhood

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7241649
    Pictures:

screenshot45il.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
    screenshot46os.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
    screenshot47yb.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
    screenshot49qk.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Entrant name: annasommer
    Lot choice: Residental. An apartment as part of a terraced house complex. Name: The Terrace

Typically landlords! How can you still look at yourself in a mirror after calling this place "fully furnished"?!

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7241702
    Pictures:

screenshot22fbe.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot18ci.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot19n.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot20u.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

screenshot21wr.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,662 Member
    edited April 2013
    Great designing, building and furnishing of these builds @ luckyheather :) and @ annasommer :) I have commented on them on your own threads in Creative Corner, and will say again here that they look great!
  • Options
    lilgalcherellelilgalcherelle Posts: 354 Member
    edited April 2013
    @6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Seeing as it's a new build I'll accept it & technically it was built for a competition that was identical. If you place in that competition though I'll withdraw it from this one.

@luckyheather the gym, family home & bachelor pad are all absolutely amazing but unfortunately I can't accept the last 2 that have already been used. They do look great though.

@annasommer Just wow. You've done a great job with this theme, I don't even know how you managed to do it that quickly. It looks so good!! I've been after an apartment too & yours is perfect.

Thank you all for your entries!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Quickly?! I think I started playing around on april 17th :lol:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Maybe not AS quick as I had thought then haha! You can tell how much effort has gone in to it though. I saw the launderette you entered in the other comp, it looks great. I'll be stealing that :wink:
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,828 Member
    edited April 2013

Ok lilgalcherelle I removed those 2 :) its nice you saw them though and feel free to use any thing of mine in your world.
    Hill

My innternet is very slow tonight but I eventually managed to Rec yours annasommer, amazing how cheat The Terrace is and a great starter for any sims.
  • Options
    ejax904ejax904 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2013
    Started my family house last night but my game froze & I lost it, so I'm starting again right now, but I have the floor plan drawn so it'll be easy, just have to remember the wallpapers hahaha
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to upload to the exchange tomorrow, but wanted to post a couple of pictures. I'll edit this tomorrow & remove the pictures when I post the actual entry form. It's a family home.

Edit: Pictures Removed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Another great entry. Your pictures look lovely but I'm sure it looks even better in game. Looking forward to seeing it once uploaded :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Gotta say, Relle, I have thoroughly enjoyed building these houses for you. Just to think my homes may end up in your world is very exciting!

Bought more goodie boxes and ended up getting the Game Time set, so I'm going to make another (probably smaller) sports themed man-cave. Tiki house is still on the way as well. I had to find a good tiki roof, and found one here.
    A couple of notes on the family home; there is CC used in it, one pattern for the kids rooms & nursery walls, but other than that it's purely decorative CC & I believe all if not most of it is by PralineSims at The Sims Resource. Mostly paintings and rugs. I also left the 2 teens bedrooms rather monotone & all of the kids rooms use a gender-neutral animal print on the walls.

I'm just going to keep on building and posting.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm glad you're enjoying building them. I'll make sure I take pics of them in my world for you because they really are coming out great. CC is fine, I have a tonne of it in my game anyway & I'll make sure it's clean with custard. Generally I don't think build or buy CC items cause problems with the game, for me it's always CAS items.

I really appreciate all the time you're putting in to this. Looking forward to what you come up with next!!
  • Options
    TessaMicheleTessaMichele Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2013
    I am dropping a hint to my next entry:

"Bakers Dozen"

Le-gasp!
    Could it be a community lot? A small shop perhaps?

Or a Home? With a loan baker?

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    TessaMichele you have found my weakness. Hints. I can't cope with them at all!! I'm one of those people who needs to know everything!! I'm also one of those people who has to have everything yesterday, not today or later or tomorrow. So thank you for torturing me, I'm going to sit in a corner quietly so I can tug at my hair & talk to myself.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    UGH! Finished my next man cave and my tiki hut.....but the exchange won't load them for some reason. I really like both of them, which is kinda weird for me to say as usually I have one or two things that drive me insane in my houses. I actually put the tiki hut into Sunlit Tides so I could live in it & I loooove playing in it.

Relle, I sent you an email about using mediafire to upload said lots since the Exchange won't take them, but if you are uncomfortable with MediaFire I can just keep renaming and trying to upload.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Entrant Name: ejax904
    Lot Choice: Residential - Family Home
    Link: Sticks & Stones Family Home
    Pictures:
    Front
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Upstairs
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Downstairs
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Back
    screenshot_original.jpg

Extras: All of the bedrooms are gender neutral, as I have no idea what kind of kids you'll have, and the landscaping is pretty bare, as I don't know where the house will be placed. It's large, though, and pretty. Very spacious & warm feeling. Perfect for families! CC is just décor, rugs & paintings from PralineSims (the Sims Resource)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Entrant Name : ejax904
    Lot Choice : Residential
    Link: Mediafire - Tiki Time Beach Hut
    Pictures:
    Front
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Bedroom
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Kitchen
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Living Room
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Pool & Sand Bar (Back)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Extras: I've been playing in this house and LOOOOVE it. All of my pool parties go well, there's enough space to move around but not so much that you wonder where the rest of the furniture is, it looks very beachy, I think the landscaping looks good, probably one of my favorite houses in general. The roof is a custom roof pattern that I posted the link to in an above post, the living room & kitchen patterns are also custom, along with a couple of paintings. All are from the Sims Resource, and most are by PralineSims if not all. Enjoy (:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Your family home looks great @ ejax904 :)It has a nice exterior design, and the front windows that you have used look good. Great outdoors area that the whole family can enjoy, with the playground equipment/sandpit for the kids, and the pool for everyone, as well as a place to cook and enjoy eating. Nice sunny and light entrance area to the home, and the greenery plants look good there. It looks good how you have designed the kitchen, with the half wall dividing it off from and the dining area.
    Your Tiki beach hut looks good! Great colours and patterns that you have used, and furnishings that suit well the theme of the build. The outdoors cooking/dining patio and pool/bar areas are great. Sims would enjoy eating, having parties and entertaining there. It locks good how you have used the totem poles as columns for the covered over bar area. Great choice and placement of the trees too.
    Great builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks (:
    I have one more to post but I have to go back in-game to take more pictures.
    Edit: I LOVE the tiki pattern that's in the kitchen of the tiki hut. It's like a hibiscus pattern with tiki heads all over it. Very pretty.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Entrant Name: ejax904
    Lot Choice: Residential - Bachelor Pad
    Link: Touchdown Cave

Pictures:
    Front
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Inside
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Back
    screenshot_original.jpg

Extras: The last bachelor pad was for the modern heartbreaker. This one is for the sports fanatic. Two completely different types of living. I'm a fan of both (:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OMG Erin you have been working your butt off!! I love how you've kept the family home all in neutral colours & detail is great. I can see why you love the tiki beach hut. The theme is great & you've put everything together really well, it'll look great in the beach part of my town. In fact I think I'll place a few, wouldn't want to leave the neighbours out. The bar area out back is a very creative idea & it looks so good. I never would have thought of that! I know a few RL men who would love the mancave lol. I think you've captured the whole 'bachelor pad' thing really well. Great job!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your mancave bachelor pad build is great @ ejax904 :) The Sim who lives there would enjoy using/playing/watching the fun items that you provided for them. Good indoors and outdoors areas for them to host a party too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to have a very busy Saturday ahead of me marking up to this point & seeing where everything fits well in my new world. It'll be harder than actually being at work!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I have my little baker inspired family home! It rooms 2 toddlers/babies and 4children/teens, not to mention the master bedroom which has a bathroom fit for willywonka (its done in chocolate colors haha) It was meant for a big family made up hopefully of people who like to cook or eat others cooking the kitchen is obviously the main focus haha hope youll enjoy~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7251208

Screenshot-7_zps2ddb230e.jpg

Screenshot-6-tile_zpseddc9ad5.jpg

Screenshot-4_zps1a5df7d9.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps3e929956.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps648738ab.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsbb3af2a2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    TessaMichele you have found my weakness. Hints. I can't cope with them at all!! I'm one of those people who needs to know everything!! I'm also one of those people who has to have everything yesterday, not today or later or tomorrow. So thank you for torturing me, I'm going to sit in a corner quietly so I can tug at my hair & talk to myself.

pats your head.

now now leave your pretty hair alone i posted the house I didnt post all the pictures so youll have to download it and go in game to see all that the house has to offer ;)

ENJOY <3

ALSO

its my last day off till saturday I want you...to give me... an idea. lol
    I want to enter at least one more entry but I need to figure out what you would like comm or res if a comm what kind? will it be a cem? or perhaps a hangout I HAVE TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

begins tugging at her own hair