Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fresh Start Build Comp - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Comments

• Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your Crème luxury home looks very nice@ Dayshatw :)Great outdoor pool and dining area. It looks good how you have the chess table there too, to enjoy playing it out in the fresh air and gaining logic skill too. The front water feature with the pretty pink flowers surrounding it looks very nice! Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks good how you have designed a kids bathroom and the childs bedroom looks good how you have used the katy perry sp items.
    A great home!

Thank You!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited April 2013
    Great use of red, white and blue colours in your Patriot Memorial Park. @ ejax904 :) Great designing of it, and including many facilities for Sims to enjoy using. The gazebo in the middle of the park looks good, with the picnic tables and grill set ready for cooking and eating. The bone shaped pond in the pets area is great! Kids would enjoy playing on the playground equipment and all Sims would like the trampoline. Playing chess or using the easels in the pond area would be great skill boosting places and fun at the aame time. The use of the white fencing looks good, as does the placement of flags. A great place for Sims to visit!
    Your Spanish Colonial Home looks very nice. Great exterior design of the build. Nice archways and good choice of windows and doors to suit the style of the build. The separate pool house room looks good for relaxing on the chairs or in the hot tub. Great way you have designed the courtyard with the pool in the middle of it. The trees suit the build well. It's a nice home!
  • Options
    ejax904ejax904 Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you, Rosemow. I'm rather proud of my Spanish Home. It's the first time I've ever built something with a specific style to it that isn't American. My only concern was the use of a large open window in the loft bathroom. But I figure my sims don't really care so why should I? Now I think of it as a unique addition. Especially if the home is near the water. (:
    I honestly don't know why the website won't show my pictures for my bachelor pad. I'm worred it's too dark for Relle's tastes. But I think it's still well suite for a bachelor. I want to make a family home, I'm pretty entertained with building these houses. It gives me a purpose for building. But tomorrow's my birthday so it will probably wait till the 23rd unless I find time tonight.

Edit: I also thank Showtime for the matching windows, doors & arches. I feel like it's the fist time (that I've seen so far with building) that EA made a building set that matched completely.
    Edit: The pictures finally started working!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thankyou rosemow!
  • Options
    hollybeeehollybeee Posts: 56 New Member
    edited April 2013
    A few questions:

Are we allowed to use CC?

Is there a price limit to how much a starter home should be worth?

Can we make a starter home on a smaller lot?

And is there a theme to the house?

I'm probably just being a bit dense asking those questions /:
  • Options
    lilgalcherellelilgalcherelle Posts: 354 Member
    edited April 2013
    @annasommer – Oh no, I hope you manage to figure it out. What a shame.

@dayshatw – Wow I had a look at the thread & it looks amazing. You done such a great job!!

@ejax904 – Yep we have American dad here & family guy & the Cleveland show! Gotta love Seth. OMG you’ve been super busy!! I’d like to think I’m keeping you out of trouble lol. All of your entries look amazing. I can’t wait to see what they look like in game, you’ve obviously put a lot of effort in and it’s hugely appreciated!! Oh & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

@hollybeee – yes you are allowed to use CC as long as it doesn’t corrupt my game. I will check it with custard beforehand. Starter home price limit is 20k & you can make it on whatever size lot you want as long as it is a perfect square e.g .10x10, 15x15 etc. You can have a theme if you like but that’s completely up to you! Of course you’re not being thick!! I’d rather you ask questions now rather than spending a lot of time on something that cannot be entered. If you have any other questions then ask away :)

@rosemow – Thanks for being so lovely and commenting so positively on all the entries, I’m sure they’re really appreciated.
  • Options
    hollybeeehollybeee Posts: 56 New Member
    edited April 2013

@hollybeee – yes you are allowed to use CC as long as it doesn’t corrupt my game. I will check it with custard beforehand. Starter home price limit is 20k & you can make it on whatever size lot you want as long as it is a perfect square e.g .10x10, 15x15 etc. You can have a theme if you like but that’s completely up to you! Of course you’re not being thick!! I’d rather you ask questions now rather than spending a lot of time on something that cannot be entered. If you have any other questions then ask away :)

People keep talking about custard cleaning and checking custard? What are they doing with this custard?! Haha
    Does that just been checking it for CC?
    And how do I know if it will corrupt your game?
    I'm thinking I'm just going to exclude all CC anyways, because it'll be easier (:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Haha custard is a program that checks for bad CC. I think generally it's not really build or buy items that can be screwy but clothes that have not been coded properly & end up making Sims look deformed. If you haven't noticed any weirdness in your game you should be okay!

Oh & ejax904, it's really not too dark at all. The colours in the bachelor pad look great & work really well together. It's just gothicy type decor that I don't really like.
  • Options
    Aleisha18Aleisha18 Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi there! I did a little search on your name and found your competition :D If I can keep up my motivation I'll definitely enter this. Is there a budget Limit at all? I'm not really sure what category my house will be in but I'm sure I'll figure that out. Thanks for inviting me to take part in your competition!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Np! There's still quite a bit of time left til the deadline so hopefully your motivation doesn't dwindle too much. There's no limit so go crazy. I think from what it looks like so far that it kind of looks like a lap of luxury, I wouldn't catch my poor Sims in a house that looked like that haha! I suppose it would depend on how you decorate it though. It doesn't have to be specific to one of those categories anyway, they're more ideas than strict guides.
  • Options
    Aleisha18Aleisha18 Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    Awesome thanks, I've started furnishing it now but may take a while, Lap of luxury may be perfect for it :D Fingers crossed it will be up in a few days!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm really looking forward to it. Take your time, I'm sure it'll be worth it. Glad you've taken me up on my offer!
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2013
    Sorry for being a bit slow with my next entry. The school holidays finished on Thursday so I'm a little busy but the lot will be done by Saturday if not Friday. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! I'm sure I'll have my family home done sometime in the next couple of days, as it seem you have a shortage of them (:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There's absolutely no rush nerdy! Take your time :)

Hope you've had a good day ejax904. I look forward to the family home, I have none yet!
  • Options
    whatsociallifewhatsociallife Posts: 1,245 Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi, I finally got around to finishing the starter home I promised - it was hard work trying to make it spacious but still homely.

Entry form

Entrant name: whatsociallife
    Lot choice: Residential - starter (25x25)

This section to be filled out when entry completed

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7225975
    Pictures:Screenshot-346.jpg
    Screenshot-344.jpg
    Screenshot-338.jpg
    Extras (anything you may want to add e.g. forum thread link)
    Link to more pics here: http://s833.photobucket.com/user/sandymdh/library/Lemony Fresh Starter?sort=3&page=1
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Your Lemony Fresh Starter is great @ whatsociallife. :) Very nice shades of lemon and blue that you have used as colours and in patterns. It looks good how you have done the colours of the exterior of the houuse. Nice beds and blinds recolours. It looks good how you have done a little nook section with a seat in the kitchen. The blue window sills and door edge looks nice. Nice design of the building.
    A great starter home!
  • Options
    TessaMicheleTessaMichele Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2013
    whatsociallife I LOVE your starter!!!

REC'd <3
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    whatsociallife I absolutely love this. The colours you have chosen work great together and the decor inside is lovely. I really like what you've done with the roofing as well, not using auto roof can completely change a build. Great job!
  • Options
    TessaMicheleTessaMichele Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited April 2013
    Entry form

Entrant name: TessaMichele

Lot choice:
    Bacherlor / bachelorette

Download link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7227947

Pictures:

Screenshot-2_zps3004466d.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsb4c240fc.jpg

Screenshot-4_zps515a9839.jpg

Screenshot-5-horz-vert_zpsb2c37174.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps5e127b39.jpg

Extras

30 x 30 lot

"Simply Single"

This one bedroom is perfect for the single life, with a gorgeous inner look your sim or simmette will love inviting friends over. And with a unique pool leading underneath the back deck yur sims will even have a small place to play hide and go "peek".

So I hope you like this as much as i do! Pictures of coarse dont do it justice!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Another great entry TessaMichele. The pictures never fully do justice but I can see that it looks great already. Can't wait to put it in game!!
  • Options
    stevesuzzstevesuzz Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013

Entry form

Entrant name: stevesuzz
    Lot choice: Lap of Luxury

This section to be filled out when entry completed

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7228713
    Pictures:

rsz_screenshot_zpsb4f2aac4.jpg

rsz_screenshot-2_zpse06156d1.jpg

rsz_screenshot-6_zps8e664e6c.jpg

rsz_screenshot-10_zpsc7ffe41f.jpg

rsz_screenshot-12_zpsbdccd1cf.jpg

Extras (anything you may want to add e.g. forum thread link)

This house got big,so it was a little hard to get the hole house in the pictures..But i did my best,it can be difficult with the pictures sometimes.I hope you like the house,i was fun to build it :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @Stevesuzz that house is stunning. It seems from your screenshots that you had some great ideas & put an awful lot of effort into it, you should be very proud. I'm glad you had fun building. I'll have a proper look in game tomorrow when I mark all the other entries. I'm sure it'll look even better in game.

Seriously guys I'm so blown away by all your entries, the effort is amazing. I think you all deserve a lottery!! What do we think is a fair amount of simpoints?
  • Options
    gamingprofilegamingprofile Posts: 21
    edited April 2013
    I have decided to enter this contest, because I love to build and it look so fun. I am building a modern farmhouse/family house. Is this okay?