Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation: Start 13 April - End 14 June

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited April 2013
    chasingAJ wrote:
    YAY! I finally found something that I wanted. I'm not a mod person (at all) and somehow I figured out the S3S browser and I couldn't live without it.
    Yep, if you're buying stuff from the Store it's the one program you shouldn't be without.

Another user created tool that does what the "professionals" at EA cannot! Whether you bought the single item, or a set, or compilation, it can accurately tell you whether you own something or not.
  • Options
    neclenecle Posts: 286 Member
    edited April 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    I have Seasons, and the weather is so extreme, the greenhouse is very useful. (Yes, I know I can deselect certain types of precipitation, but then what is the point of having Seasons.)

Agreed!
    Me1620 wrote:
    Take a good look at the venue and the items. If you do not want the entire set, the roof pieces and the Swift Gro Station were available individually from the in game store when I checked when this rotation began.

I was actually going to research this but I would need to change computers for that - I use my Simming computer only for Simming - and I don't know the error message I get by heart so I'm just going to ask/complain about it now. I'd love to browse the in-game store and be able to Simport, share achievements etc. but the second I open the launcher, I get an error saying something about and object in a line is missing or broken or something. Sorry, I really forgot :D And right after I bought Showtime, I think, my game kept crashing because of the error and when I did a bit of research about it, I found out that I couldn't play the game logged in because of an Internet Explorer error or something that causes some stuff to not get loaded. I know what I said isn't very helpful nor does it make a lot of sense. I don't even use IE and would uninstall it if I could but anyways, does anyone know what I'm talking about and what I can do to not get the error but still play logged in? Thanks just for reading this paragraph of nonsense!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited April 2013
    Necle, there are so many posts regarding errors with the Launcher. Search the Technical Forum and if you do not find anything post your specific error message there. Good luck.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    Necle, there are so many posts regarding errors with the Launcher. Search the Technical Forum and if you do not find anything post your specific error message there. Good luck.
    Thanks. I'll try that.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2013
    Ajax, I had the hardest time searching for the old DD thread previous to yours. You know done by the other threadkeepers. I know I saw them, just searched and didn't see them.

Oh, and in my little search, because I'm trying to be helpful and was looking at lenghth of days for rotation to last, it seemed March and December's was quite long (day wise that is, not item wise). Just the March one went from 20 Feb till 16 March. December was a bit longer I think. I think that is why I was surprised last month when it was indeed so short, the rotation started quickly.
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited April 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    @TinaG1947, necle and Meg1626 You have made this rotation very entertaining. I feel for you all.

To add to what Lemonpawz wrote, the item I like best in the set is the Swiftgro Gardening Station. I have Seasons, and the weather is so extreme, the greenhouse is very useful. (Yes, I know I can deselect certain types of precipitation, but then what is the point of having Seasons.) As well, the plants grown in the greenhouse yield outstanding, excellent and perfect produce much quicker than when planted outside.

One criticism is the roof pieces themselves. They do not allow the building of a simple greenhouse like in Sims 2. They appear more like the roof of a conservatory in a city park. I have only played with the four pieces for a bit, but I feel restricted in the layout allowed. I would like some plain connector pieces to allow wider rooms. Maybe there are some more creative simmmers who have put greenhouses on the Exchange.

Take a good look at the venue and the items. If you do not want the entire set, the roof pieces and the Swift Gro Station were available individually from the in game store when I checked when this rotation began.

Before I bought the greenhouse venue, I did read a lot of posts and reviews on the forums. I would guess Youtube would have some videos. As Lemonpawz wrote, many users were disappointed that only seeds and related produce (and beans) could be planted inside and then only in pots. The flowers, shrubs and trees from Build mode can only be placed inside with MoveObject On cheat. Others have commented that greenhouses, such as the ones that sell plants to home gardeners, do not include those types of plants anyway.

To sum up, while I have been disappointed with the play value of some of the premium content items, I do like this venue and especially the Swift Gro Station.

Fingers crossed this extremely long rotation begins rotating soon.

Edited for at least one typo.

*takes a bow* Haha... thanks! I really hope we are able to get what we want, but I am sure we will survive the trauma if we don't just yet. :wink:

I actually do make a point of researching things I want to get before getting them (except for some the EPs and SPs when there is a pre-order bonus I want), and I knew of the complaints ppl have going into this. I did see the roof pieces, etc in the game for sale, but I really have no problem with any of the aforementioned complaints, except the one about the roof letting in snow. I agree about there being no purpose to Seasons if you don't use them as well. Of course, I may turn off Winter in Island Paradise. After all, tropical islands do not get cold winters.

I do want the whole venue because I read that it is a community lot, so the issues won't affect me in that case because plants don't die on community lots. I picture it as being a really cool place for my sims to visit, pick some fruit, veggies, etc. Hmmm, that brings up a question: Has the roof on the venue been redone to keep out snow, rain, etc, or will I have to go into build mode to add the flat roof myself? That is if I actually get the thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bucket Hat for Boys / 26 / 50 / 48% / 1 hour
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited April 2013
    Bucket Hat for Boys 26 / 50 / 48% 1 hour
  • Options
    7aquaman77aquaman7 Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    chasingAJ wrote:
    YAY! I finally found something that I wanted. I'm not a mod person (at all) and somehow I figured out the S3S browser and I couldn't live without it.
    Yep, if you're buying stuff from the Store it's the one program you shouldn't be without.

Another user created tool that does what the "professionals" at EA cannot! Whether you bought the single item, or a set, or compilation, it can accurately tell you whether you own something or not.

What is it and where do I get it?
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited April 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:
    chasingAJ wrote:

What is it and where do I get it?

http://simsvip.com/2011/12/13/program-tutorial-sims-3-store-browser-by-crinrict/ has info about the program. I use it, I love it, it helps me quicky check if I own an item without me having to thin at all about what compilations sets or otherwise I have purchased already. Anybody who frequents the store NEEDS this program. It's also very easy to use.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited April 2013
    ... or the third post on the first page of this thread :wink:
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    ... or the third post on the first page of this thread :wink:

Now that's just silly. The sales go so fast, who has time to read anything beyond the very first post and the last in this thread anymore? ;)

Speaking of which,

Nighty Nightshirt / 42 / 75 / 44% / 1 hour

Part of the Luxe Loungewear set.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Nighty Nightshirt 42/ 75 / 44% 1 hour

part of the Luxe Loungewear set
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Plants In Glass / 13 / 25 / 48% / 1 hour

At least it's something that has to do with plants...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Plants In Glass 13 / 25 / 48% 1 hour

part of the Luxe Lounge Spa set
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Women's Military-Style Jacket / 50 / 75 / 33% / 1 hour

Plants In Glass was sold out with 23 minutes left.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Women's Military-Style Jacket 50 / 75 / 33% 1 hour

Plants In Glass sold out with 24 minutes left
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited April 2013
    necle wrote:
    Plants In Glass / 13 / 25 / 48% / 1 hour

At least it's something that has to do with plants...

LOL! Well, I would think that maybe we were getting closer, but now they are back to clothes. :shock:
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited April 2013
    7aquaman7 wrote:
    I have this set as part of the Island Escape compilation though it still tells me to buy now. Have to keep up with what you have or the game will get you to buy it twice LOL

I feel your pain :). You can look at your purchase history but that can be a pain. I usually click on the compilation, it will give links to the sets which you can click to see if you bought them. Or I search an individual item, those always show up if you bought them. But if you didn't buy *that set* it won't show as dl'd. You'd think they could program it better... ah,well. That program sounds nice though I now avoid all 3rd party stuff,though they'd probably make my Sim life easier.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    LOL! Well, I would think that maybe we were getting closer, but now they are back to clothes. :shock:
    Me too!
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2013
    Urban Skirt / 39 / 75 / 48% / 1 hour

Part of the Everyday – Cool Summer Nights set.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Urban Skirt / 39 / 75 / 48% 1 hour

part of the Everyday - Cool Summer Nights set
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jackpot Sparkle Top / 42 / 75 / 44% / 1 hour

part of the Date Night set
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited April 2013
    TinaG1947 wrote:
    Has the roof on the venue been redone to keep out snow, rain, etc, or will I have to go into build mode to add the flat roof myself? That is if I actually get the thing.

I have only built one greenhouse since getting the set a week or so ago. (I have been too busy following this rotation to play :wink:) When building the greenhouse, I added the flat roof because the greenhouse roof pieces are only roof decorations. I read somewhere you have to put down the flat roof which then turns transparent or invisible when the roof (decoration) pieces are added. I had a completely closed in greenhouse and no weather elements came in.

I have not tried leaving one section of wall open to allow planting of outside plants so I do not know if snow and rain come in with that design.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Alvar Vintage Designer Dishwasher / 58 / 100 / 42% / 1 hour

part of the Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top