Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Makeup keeps changing on it's own

Is anyone else having this issue? It's getting very irritating having to constantly change my sims makeup back to the way I originally had it.

Comments

• Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited April 2013
    Similar to how there is a "lock" for hair that you can unlock and set different hairstyles for different outfits, they patched in a feature that allows you to do the same for makeup. Have you ensured that the lock is "locked?" Also, the makeup you're using, is it 3rd-party or EA-created? Sometimes 3rd-party created items will not be unlocked for certain outfits and even with the 'lock' on, cannot be worn in, say, pajamas.

If this is really just a bug and it's not one of the aforementioned possibilities, please let me know. Just good to cover all the initial bases first. :)
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    edited April 2013
    Maybe not, but check and make sure also that it's not just changing based on their career outfit. I use little to no makeup on my sims but my sim looked like a street walker when she first geared up to work (Art Appraiser). If it's just the career makeup, it should change and then stay if you use the mirror option to change appearance while they're wearing their career outfit.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited April 2013
    Similar to how there is a "lock" for hair that you can unlock and set different hairstyles for different outfits, they patched in a feature that allows you to do the same for makeup. Have you ensured that the lock is "locked?" Also, the makeup you're using, is it 3rd-party or EA-created? Sometimes 3rd-party created items will not be unlocked for certain outfits and even with the 'lock' on, cannot be worn in, say, pajamas.

If this is really just a bug and it's not one of the aforementioned possibilities, please let me know. Just good to cover all the initial bases first. :)

Yes I've tried that and I have no CC in my game :(
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited April 2013
    MiyuEmi wrote:
    Maybe not, but check and make sure also that it's not just changing based on their career outfit. I use little to no makeup on my sims but my sim looked like a street walker when she first geared up to work (Art Appraiser). If it's just the career makeup, it should change and then stay if you use the mirror option to change appearance while they're wearing their career outfit.

No it's all of them. I'll correct all of them and right after I do if I change her outfit they have all changed again
  • Options
    Jenangl21Jenangl21 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I know it's been a while since this problem was posted but now I'm having this issue too. I'm in CAS and everytime I switch to a different outfit, like say from everyday to formal, the eyeshadow goes from the way I want it to the one that comes with supernatural. So I fix it and then click back on everyday and back to formal and it's back to the supernatural eyeshadow again. I have it locked so that all outfits have the same makeup and I don't have any cc. its not just outfit changes, it's whenever the clothes change, like if I go to tattoo mode the eyeshadow changes too. It's definitely some kind of bug. Hoping I don't have to uninstall supernatural.
  • Options
    KatM98789KatM98789 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I have the same problem. Even though I have eyeliner on lock whenever I'm in CAS and I change from like everyday to formal the eyeliner changes :cry:
  • Options
    KatM98789KatM98789 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2014
    If anyone knows, I would love to know how to fix this :)
  • Options
    xPip89xxPip89x Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I have this exact same problem! I do my sims make up really nice and normal and halfway through playing it will suddenly change so she has a lightening bolt or batman face! Really irritating!
  • Options
    LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    I have the same problem.. Has anyone found a solution yet?
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Options
    winxwinxyuwinxwinxyu Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2015
    This post has not been replied for a while but I have the exact same problem. I'll try to find a solution, but surely the Supernatural and Ambitions eye shadows are bugged. Don't use them.
    EDIT: Sorry for editing twice but I have a solution. Not using Ambitions and Supernatural eyeshadows fixes the problem of the lock and the changing.
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    winxwinxyu wrote: »
    This post has not been replied for a while but I have the exact same problem. I'll try to find a solution, but surely the Supernatural and Ambitions eye shadows are bugged. Don't use them.
    EDIT: Sorry for editing twice but I have a solution. Not using Ambitions and Supernatural eyeshadows fixes the problem of the lock and the changing.

I have this problem too, but I've just learned not to use world adventures and ambitions makeup.
  • Options
    TrishiegeekTrishiegeek Posts: 5 New Member
    I know it's been a while since this was posted, but I was having the same issue. I noticed when I used a different eyeshadow, it stopped doing it. Hope this helps someone!
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I don't know if this will help but when you are creating your Sim and you get to the make-up part, you have to 'unlock' that lock in the top right corner; then make the necessary adjustment; then 'lock' the lock back once you're completed. Do not leave that section until you lock it back. The make-up should then remain the same for each outfit. I hope this helps.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    TrishiegeekTrishiegeek Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't know if this will help but when you are creating your Sim and you get to the make-up part, you have to 'unlock' that lock in the top right corner; then make the necessary adjustment; then 'lock' the lock back once you're completed. Do not leave that section until you lock it back. The make-up should then remain the same for each outfit. I hope this helps.
    I was having this same issue, and no matter if I locked it or unlocked it, it kept changing back to the stupid batman eye makeup. I was using a 3 shade eyeshadow, and as soon as I switched to a 1 shade, I stopped having the issue.

• Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2018
    I know it's been a while, but I'm still having this issue... I've tried everything here. Any solutions? It's so annoying. For me though, it's replacing the eye shadow I want with the eye shadows from Into The Future
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2018
    You have to have the "'use this makeup for all outfits" locked in,and unlocked if you want to choose different for each outfit.

Keep in mind some makeup choices are flagged for different occasions same as outfits like how you can wear a certain dress for everyday and formal but not sleepwear.Makeup follows the same rule in some cases check to see if that is your issue.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @CravenLestat The make up I want is unlocked for all outfits, and I've tried locking, unlocking, everything. I ended up having to go with a different eye shadow from the base game.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I have this problem even if locked, the only ones that stay put are single color eyeshadows and lipstick.
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    I have this issue too. I unlock the makeup, add the eyeliner and lipstick to casual and formal outfits only, then save, but when I try to edit the sim I can see that the makeup still "unlocked", but added to all outfits. It's annoying, I don't want my sims to sleep with makeup, it looks strange.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Somebody in this thread was talking that with them it was only happening with ambitions and supernatural makeup. Is that the case with more people, or does it happen to any 3 tone eyeshadow? Also are you guys using cc makeup or ea?
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    I use normal, EA makeup. No eyeshadows. Only eyeliner and/or lipstick. Even when unlocked, keeps being added to all outfits.
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    What I do is "unlock" while applying then "lock" it back when done. I haven't had any problems since I started doing that.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Locking to limit necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top