May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hollowness' Steampunk/Victorian Themed Creations

Comments

• Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2013
    The dining room...whoa. In awe of your creations. =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    Progressions pics still playing with decor/colors so things may change from these pics. You may notice that the gallery and library look like my previous builds yes I so stole it for this build :)

Garden/greenhouse area:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Hallway:

screenshot_original.jpg

Gallery:

screenshot_original.jpg

Library:

screenshot_original.jpg

dance studio:

screenshot_original.jpg

Asian inspired rooms:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Bedrooms:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Nursery:

screenshot_original.jpg

Bathroom:

screenshot_original.jpg

Gentlemen's room/bar:

screenshot_original.jpg

Tea Room:

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love everything you create, but I REALLY love the nectar cellar you have going on in this build... it is extra awesome when someones fabulous build works for your gameplay. My main lineage of my legacy family are nectar makers and I need a new house for them very badly. This might be it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    I love everything you create, but I REALLY love the nectar cellar you have going on in this build... it is extra awesome when someones fabulous build works for your gameplay. My main lineage of my legacy family are nectar makers and I need a new house for them very badly. This might be it.

Oh and do you know where the nectar cellar is? ;) well there is a small stash (2 shelves) in a closet under the stairs near the kitchen/dinning room side of the build and there is a door to a room with a ladder to the underground main cellar (14 shelves I believe) :D it is so cute I love it basically I am trying to route it just right that you can only get main food on first level at kitchen and it is attached to the dinning so should be no escapee sims trying to eat where they shouldn't.

Hallways are 2,3 and 4 squares wide too so it shouldn't be too tight :)

I plan to do extensive testing too it is my main's family home it comes with history ;D

and 6k posts WOOT!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,665 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your WIP is looking great :) Nice shades of colours you have used for each of the bedrooms and the nursery. The emerald in particular looks very nice. The way you have done the curtains in these rooms looks great, and the screen at the end of the beds adds a great touch to the room. The tea room looks great how you have placed the items on the coffee table, have the cake stand and have done the arched area. Nice seating you have used in the tea room and gentleman's bar lounge. The greenhouse and garden area looks great. It looks great the way you are positioning the plants and great floor textures. The way you have done the book cases on the library walls and have the levels of the library and balconies to walk along looks great.
    It is looking great! :)
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited September 2013
    Brilliant, HD. :thumbup: Utterly and totally.

'Nuff said, but I'll go on anyway: Sophisticated colors, classic ambiance, understated and elegant style. Like fine wine, you improve with time. You never fail to wow.

It's just completely brilliant!!
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey HD! Can I just say that no matter what you build its always fantastic! I totally love it! I love your taste in decor and re colors! I cannot wait to see more of your lovely build! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love it. The library look like the one I want in my dream house :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I just love everything you create! You truly have an eye for beauty and detail. :) I wish I could place myself in each of your builds but since it's highly impossible my sims will have to do....for now. lol I started downloading all of your lots then realized I'm missing some store content so I'm in the process of buying what I'm missing. I know the game would replace items but I want it to look exact (it's the reason I fell in love with them in the first place). Anyways, keep up the amazing work! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    WIP Sub level

Never any room to drill? how about sub level? 13 drill spots with enough room to walk around when drilled and shaded for easier placement :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Shown: Sculpting and Inventing room, science room, fish storage, a hidden room (bottom) and a small storage room. Not shown: mushroom, glowing fruit, alchemy items and death fruit garden, multiple nectary stations, nectary cellar and alchemy room/storage.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The sub level looks great! Great layout of this level with the various rooms for sims to build up their skill levels using the different items and create objects or do experiments. The fish storage room with the aquariums looks great. Great texture/colour you have used. Your home will provide so many great facilities for the sims who live there! It continues to looks great! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Rosemow, it is basically a legacy house :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    This is coming along nicely. Like the sub level a lot. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    This is coming along nicely. Like the sub level a lot. :D

I am IN LOVE with my sub level I never like leaving it :P I have 2 hidden rooms with extra over the top PC and Reward items so choice is yours (knowing you have room is just so nice and sub level is a better place to hide things you don't want the rest of the build to lose theme) and if you have the items deal like one hidden room has the tree of prosperity, hidden springs spring and the wishing well. The other hidden rook has weather changer, time machine and the crazy gyzmo ride, plus I added 2 sub level only 4 square big with a ladder in case one needs to add more room.

Plus I have it so if one wants to limit sims to certain areas you can I think 5 doors locked and no sim can go on the second floor besides the landing for the stairs and library.

There is also plenty of room for adding kids tree house or play house if desired (even with out MOO I believe but better with MOO tree branched poke into house if not careful).

I'll try to have more pics up and set up talk tonight...eerrr morning :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Grand Entrance:

screenshot_original.jpg

music room revised:

screenshot_original.jpg

Solarium/Sun Room (ends up being the room they eat/drink from the barista bar/connect to the tea room):

screenshot_original.jpg

Family room left simple since it is connected to the nursery so that can be a secondary play area (I put the play pen in here) or if in the cause of multiple babes/toddlers the play area would be here):

screenshot_original.jpg

Another bedroom color scheme decided:

screenshot_original.jpg

one of the master bedrooms color revised:

screenshot_original.jpg

Sub level:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    These rooms look great! :)Very nice colour shades you have used in the bedrooms! The rooms all have a richness feel to it. Very nice furnishing and colours of the music room. The ceiling lights for the grand entrance look great.
  • Options
    vms487vms487 Posts: 310 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh wow. This looks stunning!!! I can't wait! Great work!!!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oooooooh! Gorgeous! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A small house WIP (Twisted) Whimsical Wonderland:

(Still working on lighting and such)

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Your whimsical wonderland WIP looks great! :) Great use of the through the spyglass sets items. It looks great the way you have used your whimsical wonderland colour scheme in a home for sims to live in. It looks great how you are setting up the table outside for a tea party outdoors. Great way inside how you have placed the tables at angles around the chess piece.
    It looks great!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your whimsical wonderland WIP looks great! :) Great use of the through the spyglass sets items. It looks great the way you have used your whimsical wonderland colour scheme in a home for sims to live in. It looks great how you are setting up the table outside for a tea party outdoors. Great way inside how you have placed the tables at angles around the chess piece.
    It looks great!

Thanks :D sad the tables in the dinning room are desks cause there is no goth glamour (that isn't glass) dinning tables so sims will most likely eat out side. But in a pinch they can eat almost anywhere it is suppose to have a bit of chaos :P
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited September 2013
    Never seen a better use of the cowplant. :mrgreen:

Nice use of Movie Stuff. :)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    Adorable and Whimsecal, Hollowness! I can see this home in Wonderland!
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited September 2013
    Amazing work, looking forward to downloading! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I forgot how fast it is to build when your not trying to era match, residential and mostly 1 level :P I'll have this and the sims with it up this weekend probably :D

I made the house kitchenless only Uni coffee/treats, sink and coffee machines they are tea partiers in fact the house hold name 'The Tea Party' :P (I also did a Underland's court with white queen, red queen and Stain they were fun too, I might do them next but I could never get the house right for them).

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The household combo from what I can remember was fun cause simple house complex sims with crazy behavior and I made Tarrant (The Hatter) a stylist hence why my Clockwork Couture is this theme so Nivens (White Rabbit) would make sure the house didn't go to hell and he'd work, Thackery I made a cooking career. So crazy but somehow enough balance, I loved it :D

I am play testing to make sure I am going to do as individual sims and household and a house (empty/no household), available :D

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on