Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hollowness' Steampunk/Victorian Themed Creations

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    Ok my In Progress Isle Port

Sea life added via Fog Emitter (still have to balance what is too much/too little).

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Other shots of my port dawn and just after dawn.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited July 2013
    ooh I am so happy! I have been adding your lots and some others to Monte Vista. I built Willy Wonka's chocolate factory there and thought the steampunk and whimsical lots would fit so nicely! I downloaded the Steampunk flying houseboat from the exchange (what a cool build!) and was just wishing there were some dive lots in Monte Vista. I would be happy to test them out for you when you are ready!
    Thank you for sharing all your beautiful work.

OMG Pics?! I just watched the Tim Burton one yesterday and I love even the original. I so wanted to do one (a reason to one day use sweet treats :lol: ) but never did.

I wish you would! I am sure it would be amazing! I will go in game and take some picturs. I wish I could find a way to make the chocolate river...
    I have a few rooms to do yet but the chocolate room is done. Right now its a working restaurant. I moved Willy onto a houseboat with his 3 Oompa Loompas. LOL
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited July 2013
    That is a amazingly beautiful port Hollow and I love that houseboat so far, I can't wait to see it finished!
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ooh I am so happy! I have been adding your lots and some others to Monte Vista. I built Willy Wonka's chocolate factory there and thought the steampunk and whimsical lots would fit so nicely! I downloaded the Steampunk flying houseboat from the exchange (what a cool build!) and was just wishing there were some dive lots in Monte Vista. I would be happy to test them out for you when you are ready!

OMG Pics?! I just watched the Tim Burton one yesterday and I love even the original. I so wanted to do one (a reason to one day use sweet treats :lol: ) but never did.

I wish you would! I am sure it would be amazing! I will go in game and take some picturs. I wish I could find a way to make the chocolate river...
    I have a few rooms to do yet but the chocolate room is done. Right now its a working restaurant. I moved Willy onto a houseboat with his 3 Oompa Loompas. LOL

Can't use do really shallow water and terrain paint the dark brown? or do pool/fountains with the walls floor recolored to look like chocolate?

Can't wait to see the pics :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That is a amazingly beautiful port Hollow and I love that houseboat so far, I can't wait to see it finished!

I am thinking about having a Steampunk-Pirate Ship, a regular Pirate Ship + Port all at the same time but see how it goes :D
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited July 2013
    the port is so lovely ...!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Can't use do really shallow water and terrain paint the dark brown? or do pool/fountains with the walls floor recolored to look like chocolate?

Can't wait to see the pics :D

I did that but the water still looks blue.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, maybe it was just too deep. I will see if going more shallow helps. Thanks for the idea!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, maybe it was just too deep. I will see if going more shallow helps. Thanks for the idea!

Yeah, you can if shallow enough, not have the blue :)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited July 2013
    Whew! Finally! Today was the day! I was able to get caught up on the rec's I'd missed in your studio! I tried to rec your lovely new sims last week, but I think the site was having long loading issues!

But! All is working today and I sent out several recs!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Whew! Finally! Today was the day! I was able to get caught up on the rec's I'd missed in your studio! I tried to rec your lovely new sims last week, but I think the site was having long loading issues!

But! All is working today and I sent out several recs!

:D thank you so much :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    My Steampunk Merchant Houseboat, I am going to call it 'The Golden Compass' cause of the lunar/steampunk globe thingy :P

Ok thought this is almost done you might not get it right away, I want to up load with a port (if my island port starts behaving better) or I'll up load with another houseboat. I don't know why but smaller upload I like to group or really I just like uploading in pairs+ unless a huge build :P BUT I'll try to have it up this weekend :)

Picture Heavy! but as you can see I have lots of space filled with clutter so if you need/want to place items that need a bit of room you can make room more than easy (ie. remove all upper deck barrels should have room for 2 rows of plant pots with room down the middle. want room for: bonedelina, alchemy station or a work bench? remove the crates and chest below deck).

I really want to keep this in my build but it renders the item unusable so what is better looks or use?
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Ok Exterior

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Interior:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Below Deck:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2013
    Your port is looking great and your Golden Compass is fantastic! The gilded arches (are they the circus ones) look so good over the front of the boat where the steering wheel is. Super job!! I look forward to seeing both of these in your studio!

Karilyn Monroe -- your WW lot sounds great! I'd like to see it, too. :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Your port is looking great and your Golden Compass is fantastic! The gilded arches (are they the circus ones) look so good over the front of the boat where the steering wheel is. Super job!! I look forward to seeing both of these in your studio!

Karilyn Monroe -- your WW lot sounds great! I'd like to see it, too. :)

Yes they are! I love them and hardly get to use them so I used the to death :P ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    forgot about day shots

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is looking great!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited July 2013
    The Golden Compass looks great! It looks good how you are using the fish tanks. Great colours you have used. The sea charts/maps on the wall look good. The clocks and achor on the front od the boat looks great. I hope that your island port works out so that you can upload them both together.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ok last before bed I swear XP and still a rough just get so picky with recoloring/testing recolors :P I gtg to bed almost 6 am :P

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited July 2013
    It looks absolutely amazing!!! And I'd say go for looks, I hardly ever use that thing myself, I just put it in for looks when I do :D
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    bethp62bethp62 Posts: 147 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm a big fan of Steampunk...and this ship is looking pretty awesome Hollowness! Love the design and all the goodies you incorporated into it. The Golden Compass is very cool...I think it should stay...even if it is unusable. I usually use the moondial as a garden orb and my sims never use it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    It looks absolutely amazing!!! And I'd say go for looks, I hardly ever use that thing myself, I just put it in for looks when I do :D

Yeah it is very stereotype steampunk but I also made it very simplistic so it could be a houseboat for light use but looks for sure! I mean for a themed world putting in 2-3 steampunk to pirate ships for looks might be all it is used for anyways since at this time dive lots have to be made by you if you are out of IP. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    bethp62 wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Steampunk...and this ship is looking pretty awesome Hollowness! Love the design and all the goodies you incorporated into it. The Golden Compass is very cool...I think it should stay...even if it is unusable. I usually use the moondial as a garden orb and my sims never use it.

Yeah I like it too much to remove it and it is the origin of the ship name :P ;D
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    I said this on your post on your my page
    So i'm saying it here too!! :D

Wow i would never have thought about the whole goggles on head = steampunk goggles thing xD
    Your island port looks freakin awesome! Your doing a faba-waba-dosy job! *thumbs up*
    Your houseboat looks AMAZING! It looks like something that might get featured!! *another thumbs up* xD :D