Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 University Blogs - read em' and share your comments here!

Comments

• Options
    flamingtelepathsflamingtelepaths Posts: 650 Member
    edited January 2013
    Is yoga going to be returning from TS2 University?
    a093fca0a4a4270bbd5630459e68d7e2.jpg
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited January 2013
    New blog is up, Simmers! Go check it out:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=482158
  • Options
    benboy200benboy200 Posts: 220
    edited January 2013
    Two words: super excited
  • Options
    Roselynn25Roselynn25 Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    I <3 my hubby! He is preordering TS3 University Life for me for Valentines Day! :) So excited! Was my fav ep back in TS2!
  • Options
    MXJ09205923Mv3MXJ09205923Mv3 Posts: 133
    edited February 2013
    Can sims die at university?
    And if theyre famous will people ask them for their autograph?
    Will supernaturals be affected my the lunar cycle...
    is there a lunar cycle in the university world?
    If they do die what happens (I myself had a glitch in WA where if my sim died on holidays i couldnt access the household not in edit world or anything)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sundaelsundael Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    They should change the frist question into yes if they more pople to buy the game
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry, but Only going to buy if plantsims are involved.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Quizeburio wrote:
    Bigfoot is probably gonna be the new lifestate

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Quizeburio wrote:
    Bigfoot is probably gonna be the new lifestate
    Then again Aliens didnt have much to do with seasons but were still put in the pack
  • Options
    Orbit17Orbit17 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey Simmers!

Who's excited to send their Sims to University?

Anyhoo - we're rolling out with some blogs full of juicy info and screenshots. We'll keep this up to date with all the latest blogs.
    Feel free to post your feedback on them here!

The Sims 3 University intro blog - SimGuruKarsky
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=478415

Irresistible to Socially Awkward: A Social Life for Every Sim! - SimGuruLauren
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=479640

More of your University Life Questions answered! - SimGuruHydra
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=481223

Academics: A Guide to Making the Grade - SimGuruBritt
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=482158

When you said we can get multiple degrees, does that mean also the same degree more than once? I never want my university experience to end.
  • Options
    MoGreekieMoGreekie Posts: 32 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if we will be able to change the mascot or university colors for our university... Like the pennants university gear you can wear. Can we change the color across the university, or just the particular item our sim is wearing in CAS? (for example, if I wanted any university gear to be RED instead of green across the entire world.)
  • Options
    rachelalieserachelaliese Posts: 71 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I've got some questions (and by some I mean a butt load of questions)

1. Will their be stray cats and dogs, wild horses and unicorns, and deer and raccoons that occasionally show up at the university? Can you find minor pets in the Uni sub world?

2. Will a lot of supernaturals show up, like by a lot I mean about half the sims at the university? Can you limit the amount that show up in the university? (I know how to limit them in the main world what I'm asking is can we limit them in the sub world only.)

3. What will the new life state be? Is it going to be announced on February 14th? What can you tell us about it now?

4. How many sims can go to university at a time? (It's most likely 8 if they all qualify age wise, but I saw at least 12 sims in one of the house holds on a live broadcast, so I'm wondering if this expansion allows more per house hold, or if I just never knew you could have more than 8, or possibly he just had that many because he was one of the gams creators.)

5. Can you add a university building to your home world, using cheats if necessary, even though I know you probably won't be going their when you enroll I'm just wondering if its possible.

6. Can you abducted by aliens or attacked by zombies while at university? Because it will be annoying if your sim drops their action queue to be abducted, expesially while their studying.

7. Will the season be the same at the university sub world as it is at your home world, and is their weather in the university world?

8. What happens if you die at university? What happens if all the sims you send to university die but you still have living ones at your home world?

9. Will their be a new death?

10. Can pregnant sims go to university? Will they have their baby their if they can or will the conditions for pregnant sims and uni be the same as in world adventures?

11. What happens if you turn a sim into a teen, child or toddler while at university? I know how you can do this but wont say just in case they decide to make it where this doesn't work. Trust me you can make a sim into a younger or older age very easily.

If a guru reads this can you please answer some of my questions? or possibly answer them in the live broadcast on February 14th? Thanks and sorry if any of these have been asked already. Please answer them if you can and have the time but don't bother if you don't I'll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    ENYAWDENYAWD Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2013
    The Sims 3 University is going to be an BAD ***, you hear me? :lol:I can't wait for March, I want all the Expansion Packs, I only have 3.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited February 2013
    going to uni is pretty pointless in this it does pretty much nothing unlike in the sims 2 you actually got something: more wants bars. this pack looks to be just as boring as generations ea have obviously stopped trying and just put together a pack as quick as possible without even trying to make it fun anymore. i will not be getting UNI.
  • Options
    NakbabyNakbaby Posts: 146 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Sim2Blade wrote:
    going to uni is pretty pointless in this it does pretty much nothing unlike in the sims 2 you actually got something: more wants bars. this pack looks to be just as boring as generations ea have obviously stopped trying and just put together a pack as quick as possible without even trying to make it fun anymore. i will not be getting UNI.

You do get an extra trait after you graduate the first time. :?
  • Options
    GrannyEmm3GrannyEmm3 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I can hardly wait to relive my 1960s college youth in Sims 3 University. :lol: Maybe this time I can get better grades ... or not.......
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nakbaby wrote:
    Sim2Blade wrote:

You do get an extra trait after you graduate the first time. :?

TS2 Uni has some compelling reasons to go. Simmers who didn't even like going cheated and forced their way through it just to get the rewards.

The game should have some compelling reasons for going. I like the extra trait slot and accelerated career track, but I think it needs more. I would like to see two more wish slots. Despite Uni perks, I enjoyed my times with TS2 Uni. I think I will enjoy the TS3 version as well.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    luv2write12luv2write12 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait for University!!! :) I've already planned out who's going, which group they're going to socialize with, and what grade they're going to get! :) Why does EA make us wait so long??? Is it so impossible for University to come out tomorrow?
  • Options
    ApparentEmoGirlApparentEmoGirl Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2013
    bigxfan wrote:
    So, just to be clear, are the college classes rabitholes or no? :?: (by the way TOTALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS EP :mrgreen: )

Not rabbit holes. If you look at this photo in their blog "Academics: A Guide to Making the Grade" You'll see there's a photo of sims in class in a lecture. :)

http://www.thesims3.com/content/en_US/content/news/Images/2lecture.jpg

Hope this helped!
  • Options
    ThinkTinkGoGreenThinkTinkGoGreen Posts: 22
    edited February 2013
    cant wait,finally texting!B)
  • Options
    rmonkeysonrmonkeyson Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2013
    I want the masquerade parties and cant wait to see all the new furniture :thumbup: :D:lol: :-o :shock: :D :-) :) 8) :roll: :wink: :?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2013
    SimBuck09 wrote:
    This new EP looks so freakin awesome! I am stoked for it! This could be another home run EP for The Sims 3 :) I have some screenshots in a video I posted on youtube that weren't shown in the broadcast so check it out! http://youtu.be/zVQKC6dRVhQ

This one and Island Paradise of course. :D
  • Options
    bigxfanbigxfan Posts: 125 Member
    edited February 2013
    bigxfan wrote:
    So, just to be clear, are the college classes rabitholes or no? :?: (by the way TOTALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS EP :mrgreen: )

Not rabbit holes. If you look at this photo in their blog "Academics: A Guide to Making the Grade" You'll see there's a photo of sims in class in a lecture. :)

Hope this helped!

Yeah, just read one of the blogs, thanks! :D But according to the blog, it seems like some classes are going to be rabbit holes, though. :? :roll:
  • Options
    Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited February 2013
    bigxfan wrote:
    bigxfan wrote:

Hope this helped!

Yeah, just read one of the blogs, thanks! :D But according to the blog, it seems like some classes are going to be rabbit holes, though. :? :roll:

I'm excited for this!!! I might make some of my old college buddies to go to goof off in class with haha! I can't wait! :lol:
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just posted a new blog, Simmers! It's our Community Day roundup AND....Music reveal!

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=485570
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top