Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 7: Bits and Bites Building Basics (self-paced tutorial)

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Cressie! Save me a seat, in case I'm late!!

*shiny's up an apple for the teacher* :mrgreen:

And bring me some pie!!! Pie, pie, pie!!! :mrgreen:

Pretty please?

Oh, good, Cressie and P-Pup are going to sit together.

*holds head in hands and wonders how detention would work for online students*

...Hey, does someone have pie? What KIND of pie?
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to Zoo U, Everyone! I think our class roster is up to date. This is the LONGEST roster I have ever had for a single Zoo U lesson!

If you have occasion to talk to SimGuruHydra, please thank her for posting about this class on both the Sims 3 Facebook page and on their Twitter feed!
    oow785m
  • Options
    maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited January 2013
    May I register? If so,

REGISTER ME!
  • Options
    waynesshopwaynesshop Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2013
    doing happy dance...Why you ask? My nephew's birthday is on the 19th so i had to take off of work, his party is at 2 eastern, so i think i'll be good on time :)

ETA: scratch that, apparently i'm not very good a time converting lol. It'll only be 3p here on the east coast.
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited January 2013
    I forgot to check this thread for so LONG! There are so many people participating!
    Thank you for answering my questions so quickly Zoo :D
    I know you're probably sick of my annoying questions so here's just one last one and then I'll be a good girl and be quiet
    How long do you think that the lesson will last?
    It starts at 8 pm for me and I have to be off the computer at around 9:30 so... yeah
    Woo! I am excited
    Lol this is random but I've just discovered this smiley :hunf: and my weird self finds it hilarious!
    And I apologise for any typos, my iPod is making typing here rather difficult for me :twisted:
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, good, Cressie and P-Pup are going to sit together. *holds head in hands and wonders how detention would work for online students*
    ...Hey, does someone have pie? What KIND of pie?
    Detention? :shock:
    "No, teacher, of course not!! No one would be naughty and sneak pie into class... we're here to lern, not eat!"
    {no worries, p-pup! I stuff my backpack full with the fruit pies and we can cram food in our pie-holes until the detention 'release' bell rings.
    I ain't clappin' no erasers together for 2 hours, even if it is Zoo tellin' me to.}

[Looky inside my Zoo U coursebook cover to waste time lookin at my doodles until class starts]:
    new students - this is exactly how Zoo expects us all to behave when she's not in the classroom:
    Detention%20Hall.png"width=450"
    (You'll have to bring your own pies if you get detention though... signed, the upper-classimmers)
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2013
    @Cressie - I love that pic. I will make sure to bring alot of pies. :mrgreen:

A question to Zoo; are we allowed to bring our back packs to class with us??? :twisted:

Signed ~ Lower Classimmer
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ROFL!!!

First: Cressie, your photo is AWESOME! Did you make that or find it somewhere? If you made it, where did you get the chalkboard?

Second: I wasn't worried about pie (except that I wanted MY SHARE, doggone it!), I was worried about... BEHAVIOR, let's just say.

If I see any spitwads, hear any talking while I'm talking, or have any SHENANAGANS at all in my classroom, clapping erasers will be the least of it, Miss Cressie Lou. I've been a teacher for over 30 years, do not test me. You won't like it. I KNOW where Jess keeps the key to The Foot Shed. :twisted:

NOTE OF EXPLANATION:
    For those of you who are not familiar with the D.N.A. Request Team or our infamous Foot Shed, allow me to explain.

The D.N.A. Request Team is a group of very experienced builders who make lots (and Sims and pets) for free for other Simmers who come to our request thread and fill out a form (click on my siggie to visit our request thread). The finished product is as deluxe as we can make it, but the wait is LONG (we have a waiting list that is over 50 at present and each request is a piece of artwork, so it takes as long as it takes).

The Foot Shed started as an "in" joke among team members. Our team secretary (Jessica) threatened to chain us all up in her back shed to keep us working and not engaging in nonsense and hijinks. At one point this private joke showed up on our request thread and I said, "I'll be good, Jess, don't lock me in your shed. That place smells like feet."

That was the first step down a long, stinky, dark road downhill to The Foot Shed. I "credit" P-pup with kicking us down that road in leaps and bounds as she is frequently saying that she is "washing her feet in Jess's shed".

Yes, we know it is disgusting. That is part of its charm. :lol:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    To our new registrants: Welcome to Zoo U! I'm adding you to the roster now!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    I forgot to check this thread for so LONG! There are so many people participating!
    Thank you for answering my questions so quickly Zoo :D
    I know you're probably sick of my annoying questions so here's just one last one and then I'll be a good girl and be quiet
    How long do you think that the lesson will last?
    It starts at 8 pm for me and I have to be off the computer at around 9:30 so... yeah
    Woo! I am excited
    Lol this is random but I've just discovered this smiley :hunf: and my weird self finds it hilarious!
    And I apologise for any typos, my iPod is making typing here rather difficult for me :twisted:

The class lasts for two hours, but some people finish faster than that. The teacher generally stays around for two hours just so that any last-minute questions can be answered. It is perfectly reasonable to think that you could be finished in an hour and a half. Even if you are not finished, you can pick up the lesson in your own time and finish at your leisure. So: No Worries! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *gets cream pie ready and hears Zoo's rant about the Shenanigans*

Oh, wait, does that include food fights? I was just about to start one. Eh, class hasn't started yet, so...

food fight anyone? :twisted:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ROFL!!!

First: Cressie, your photo is AWESOME! Did you make that or find it somewhere? If you made it, where did you get the chalkboard?

Second: I wasn't worried about pie (except that I wanted MY SHARE, doggone it!), I was worried about... BEHAVIOR, let's just say.

If I see any spitwads, hear any talking while I'm talking, or have any SHENANAGANS at all in my classroom, clapping erasers will be the least of it, Miss Cressie Lou. I've been a teacher for over 30 years, do not test me. You won't like it. I KNOW where Jess keeps the key to The Foot Shed. :twisted:

NOTE OF EXPLANATION:
    For those of you who are not familiar with the D.N.A. Request Team or our infamous Foot Shed, allow me to explain.

The D.N.A. Request Team is a group of very experienced builders who make lots (and Sims and pets) for free for other Simmers who come to our request thread and fill out a form (click on my siggie to visit our request thread). The finished product is as deluxe as we can make it, but the wait is LONG (we have a waiting list that is over 50 at present and each request is a piece of artwork, so it takes as long as it takes).

The Foot Shed started as an "in" joke among team members. Our team secretary (Jessica) threatened to chain us all up in her back shed to keep us working and not engaging in nonsense and hijinks. At one point this private joke showed up on our request thread and I said, "I'll be good, Jess, don't lock me in your shed. That place smells like feet."

That was the first step down a long, stinky, dark road downhill to The Foot Shed. I "credit" P-pup with kicking us down that road in leaps and bounds as she is frequently saying that she is "washing her feet in Jess's shed".

Yes, we know it is disgusting. That is part of its charm. :lol:

On a side note, when I was requesting I did some math to guess the date my request would be claimed... and it was claimed within 1 day of that date. I forgot whether it was claimed on that date, before it or after it, but anyway, my maths was strangely accurate and nerdy.

Turns out it's easy to predict the date of it.

I should really post this on the request thread, shouldn't I?

The foot shed sounds disgusting! Eww!!

Can I have my pie yet? And not the cream pie I'm about to throw at someone's face?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    maxjor928 wrote:

Oh, wait, does that include food fights? I was just about to start one. Eh, class hasn't started yet, so...

Food fight is it? *grabs pies* Well, I'm all prepared! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Gracious! Such culinary violence among the new students!! What's this forum coming to?! :shock:
    (I'm gonna put my excess pies on Zoo's desk along with a can of athlete's foot spray, put on my yeller rain slicker [cuz I'm a senior and I'm no fool], and patiently wait for class to begin even though I'm gonna flunk cuz my puter won't work in time.)
    Zoo, dear Zoo, I made that pic awhile back over at Simatography for a photoedit class assignment where we were required to use at least 7 different magic gnomes in a pic.
    The chalkboard was 'drawn' by me [inside joke over at Simatography about one of the judge's spelling] and superimposed into a sim painting frame. The moodlets at the top were cut n pasted same way as well. :D
    It seemed appropriate to share it here for giggles cuz we're all in class, behaving & bein patient. Woot!

P-pup's gonna be the freezer bunny in the corner!!! She's very naughty.
    ... and jenny started the pie fight. Zoo, can I have my cell phone back now?! I promise not to use it during class.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *shakes head and ponders the wisdom of trying to teach THIS group of students*

*Looks daggers at anyone holding food as if to throw it*

*Points at maxjor928 as he lays chained in The Foot Shed, his little face perilously near some old sneakers that someone wore to muck out the stables*

Cressie:
    1. The photo is fabulous work.
    2. No, I'm keeping the phone until AFTER class on the 19th. Then the rule is "If you want to keep it, don't pull it out in the class thread"
    3. That last rule isn't just for cell phones. (WHAT? I meant no throwable food and no other annoying toys. What did YOU think I meant?)
    4. She spelled gnome as knome? Hopes she don't have a gnife, she might cut someone! LOL!

oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Pony patties smell nice, maxjor. Don't be afraid

Heehee!
    :: Pulls out simtablet to learn about catching koi ::
    [try to grab that, I dare ya!]
    > <
    U

Zoo, thankee immensely (pic was good practice to learn how to make flawless cut/paste) and it took 3 people to retrain her to quit typing the K absent-mindedly!
    Heehee, it was funny - so I made it my 'class' project. Apropo-ness.

edits: I hope I can get my game open, cuz I wanna see what I get inspired to make in this class. It won't be normal, I can guarantee...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    maxjor928 wrote:

*stretches hand to reach key and unlocks himself from chain behind Zoo's back*

MWAHAHA! You cannot trap me!!!

*throws pie at nerdy*
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have spent more than my share of time in The Foot Shed! :shock:

It usually results in this: :hunf:
    Screenshot-50.jpg"width=640""height=450"

And then I have to paint for a while to relax, outside the Shed. Oops, forgot to wash the feet!
    Screenshot-42.jpg"width=640""height=450"

Thanks for sitting next to me, Cressie!!! :twisted:

*slips whoopie cushion into Cressie's seat* :roll:
  • Options
    Valek86Valek86 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register me =)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Valek86 wrote:
    Register me =)
    Intrepid simmer!
    (The timid won't be able to concentrate amongst these classmates cuz half of them are nuts.)
    Just kidding, well-behaved students! Everyone always does fine in these classes becuz that's how they're set up. You can't help but learn!!! :lol: Woot!
    You're all going to have an awesome time cuz Zoo is an awesome teacher, in reality and virtuality. [I made that word up, but the rest is true.]

*whooooooahhh* Geez! What was THAT?!
    P-pup!!! I'm so gonna get you...
    :: goes to get foot spray back off of Zoo's desk ::
    maxjor, keep those flying pies in the front of the room, if you please!

I wonder how Zoo gets the class's attention when she's actually ready to teach? Does she have a gavel?

edits: just playing with font sizes
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    maxjor928 wrote:
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    maxjor928 wrote:

*throws pie at nerdy*

*throws pie back*
    And another one for good measure... *throws pie
    And one for bad measure... *throws pie*
    One for good luck... *throws pie*
    One for bad luck... *throws pie*
    And one because I feel like it... *throws pie*
    And one because- wait a sec...
    Hmm... this pie looks tasty *eats pie*
    GAH! MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE! WHO SPIKED THIS WITH JALAPENOS AND CHILLI SAUCE?!?

I'll spike this one with this smelly green stuff that I found in the foot shed. I'll just put it here and see who takes it... :twisted:
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wha... :shock:

No, Cressie!!! I will not pull your finger!!! :hunf:

Oh... the real Miss Pris will. I taught her to do that for hubby with a clicker and some peanut butter. Took me all of about 20 minutes. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    maxjor928 wrote:
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    maxjor928 wrote:

*throws pie at nerdy*

*throws pie back*
    And another one for good measure... *throws pie
    And one for bad measure... *throws pie*
    One for good luck... *throws pie*
    One for bad luck... *throws pie*
    And one because I feel like it... *throws pie*
    And one because- wait a sec...
    Hmm... this pie looks tasty *eats pie*
    GAH! MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE! WHO SPIKED THIS WITH JALAPENOS AND CHILLI SAUCE?!?

I'll spike this one with this smelly green stuff that I found in the foot shed. I'll just put it here and see who takes it... :twisted:

*dodges pies*

*Throws giant pancake that is the size of the room with a crane*

MWAHAHA! Welcome to technology.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Valek86 wrote:
    Register me =)

Welcome to Zoo U, Valek! I will add you to the class roster right now. Don't mind the smelly feet and flyin' pies. They will calm down once the class starts. Or I'll kill them and hide the bodies. Either way. :mrgreen:

P.S.
    I once had a student ask to borrow my calculator so that she could take an exam for a different math professor. I said, "I am going to loan you this, BUT, if I don't get it back I'm going to hunt you down like a dog and run you over with my car. Do you wish to borrow my calculator under these conditions?"

She looked a little uncertain, not sure why, but said "Y..yes?" In a somewhat trembly and questioning voice. She took the calculator and went off to take her exam. She returned in about an hour and a half WITH my calculator (in pristine condition, I think she may have shined it up).

I said, "OH! Good, I see you decided that you wanted to live!" She laughed in a somewhat shaky fashion and returned my property.

The moral of this story: Don't mess with the Zoo Professor. :lol:

P.P.S.
    I really hate people who refer to themselves in the third person, so I do so here in order to point out the folly of pestering someone self-important enough to refer to themselves in this fashion. 8)
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cressie pushes Zoo's calculator down into a Banana Creme pie and waggles her tongue out at Zoo to prove Cressie's not afraid and that math is yucky.
    (so are the ratty graphics in the following pic but I can't access my editing program atm to clean it up)

BCpiemath_zps1e522d40.png
    Take that, Pi!

Cressie's the most awesome one in class EVER! Cressie rules!
    [Cressie's gonna get expelled...]
    (Cressie is just talking about herself in 3rd person because Zoo lied and loves when people do that. Plus Cressie finds math very confusing. Cressie understands pictures much better. Geometry is all right by Cressie becuz it can be drawn into pictures, thereby making it sensible.)

Edits: Cressie's self-absorbed and likes to edit stuff due to obsessive tendencies/having nothing else to do until class starts
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top