Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 7: Bits and Bites Building Basics (self-paced tutorial)

Comments

• jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hello Zoo;

I have good news. Everyone knows that I have that crappy Verizon Wireless MiFi hotspot card and share data between it and 2 smartphones. Well next week I am getting a new internet for the house; so I will have unlimited usage for when this course starts :D

I am looking forward to this course Zoo. I really need to go back through your old courses and play catch up. Lol.

Hop you have a wonderful weekend Zoo.

~Jenny~
  • amyrosewinksamyrosewinks Posts: 76 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, I'm interested in the course but I live in New Zealand so the time difference will probably be a problem for me so is there anyway I can do the tutorial at a time that suits me?
  • CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm... I haven't yet modified an existing apartment shell. Will it allow you to use the "flat roof" option? ...
    I am planning an apartment class sometime this year, I just need to get someone to teach it. Several of my D.N.A. teammates are quite good at it, if any of them has time to teach that would be really great.
    Zoo
    Oooh, if I get my computer open, I'll give that a try! Not sure what it would do, considering the shell roof has thingie-objects on it. One rendition of the apartment had a stairway to the roof and the dogs would go up there to ploop. O_O

Maybe my problem/mistakes could make up a mini-lesson on shell penthouse building. I didn't realize when I started it that there were special building shells in the Buydebug group of stuff [might be in reg buid/buy lots too, can't remember].
    I moved in my sims and tried to modify the existing building in world, which may have been the beginning of my glitchies becuz you may not be able to do that. Not positive.
    I'll live with ceiling holes, but I'd rather not. I hope your solution to 'roof' it will be invisble and fix it. Interesting solution, if so... :D

editz: I still cant belive they bleep the word po.op :roll:

Zoo, you'll have to remind people in that class that you can't housetrain pups from Pets to ploop outside. They love to just do their business on the lobby carpet. At least mine do. It's OK though, cuz the invisible janitor cleans it up eventually.
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, Everyone! I am so thrilled to see so many of my fellow Simmers interested in learning more about using the Sims 3 building tools!

There are some questions that I've been asked a few times and I want to clarify them here:

1. Yes, being here at the actual day and time of the class is an advantage as you would have the chance to ask your teacher a question and get an immediate answer, but ...

2. NO, you don't HAVE to be here exactly when the class is up! You will always be able to access this course. It will become a self-guided tutorial once the lesson is no longer "live" HOWEVER, I monitor all Zoo U threads. That means that ...

3. Even after the course is no longer "live", you can STILL ask a question on the course thread and expect to get an answer. It may take a few days for me to see the question, answer it, and for you to be online to see that answer. It isn't as immediate as if you were there in class to ask something, but it is also not like a tutorial where you are all on your own if you don't understand something. Finally ...

4. You CAN attend even if you didn't register. It is really nice for you to register for several reasons. First, every person who registers bumps the course thread and makes it possible for more potential students to see it. Second, I like to friend request my students so that I can send you any messages that I think would be helpful. Third, I like knowing that someone is actually out there benefiting from the HOURS of my time (or the visiting professor's time) that it takes to do these classes.

I hope to see you all on the 19th!

In the meanwhile, it would be very beneficial if you would read the first five posts on this thread. One has a note from the teacher (me, in this case), one is information for new Zoo U students with helpful links, and one has links for previous Zoo U courses that you might be interested in.

WELCOME TO ZOO U!!!

oow785m
    edited January 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:
    Hello Zoo;

I have good news. Everyone knows that I have that crappy Verizon Wireless MiFi hotspot card and share data between it and 2 smartphones. Well next week I am getting a new internet for the house; so I will have unlimited usage for when this course starts :D

I am looking forward to this course Zoo. I really need to go back through your old courses and play catch up. Lol.

Hop you have a wonderful weekend Zoo.

~Jenny~

Whoot! Good news, Jenny!
    oow785m
    edited January 2013
    I'm trying to add you as a friend but the site won't let me!

The site is having "issues" with Friend Requests again. Don't worry about it. Eventually we should be able to friend each other. :mrgreen:
    oow785m
    edited January 2013
    I'm trying to add you as a friend but the site won't let me!
    The site is having "issues" with Friend Requests again. Don't worry about it. Eventually we should be able to friend each other. :mrgreen:
    I had to wait 3 days from the day of receiving the request before it let me Accept it. So hang in there and don't give up on it!
  • lukeschraderlukeschrader Posts: 248 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi, Everyone! I am so thrilled to see so many of my fellow Simmers interested in learning more about using the Sims 3 building tools!

There are some questions that I've been asked a few times and I want to clarify them here:

1. Yes, being here at the actual day and time of the class is an advantage as you would have the chance to ask your teacher a question and get an immediate answer, but ...

2. NO, you don't HAVE to be here exactly when the class is up! You will always be able to access this course. It will become a self-guided tutorial once the lesson is no longer "live" HOWEVER, I monitor all Zoo U threads. That means that ...

3. Even after the course is no longer "live", you can STILL ask a question on the course thread and expect to get an answer. It may take a few days for me to see the question, answer it, and for you to be online to see that answer. It isn't as immediate as if you were there in class to ask something, but it is also not like a tutorial where you are all on your own if you don't understand something. Finally ...

4. You CAN attend even if you didn't register. It is really nice for you to register for several reasons. First, every person who registers bumps the course thread and makes it possible for more potential students to see it. Second, I like to friend request my students so that I can send you any messages that I think would be helpful. Third, I like knowing that someone is actually out there benefiting from the HOURS of my time (or the visiting professor's time) that it takes to do these classes.

I hope to see you all on the 19th!

In the meanwhile, it would be very beneficial if you would read the first five posts on this thread. One has a note from the teacher (me, in this case), one is information for new Zoo U students with helpful links, and one has links for previous Zoo U courses that you might be interested in.

WELCOME TO ZOO U!!!

edited January 2013
    Zoo im sorry about i was gonna reply to your long sentence then i got mixed up :oops:
    it says its by me now! but thats wrong?
    :oops: Sorry i started long ago and forgot about my account and only got on it yesterday and when i made it was 2009 :oops:

• Kidede525Kidede525 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register me
    edited January 2013
    Im a girl by the way but it looks like it thinks im a boy :shock: :?: :roll:
    I was wondering if i could change this cause i will be :mrgreen: if you tell me :)

my dad used to play Sims too :) he played it then i wanted to play it so i did :D
    im making a world now so i need ideas and help for building houses

P.S Can you tell me how to make a Gothic haunted mansion like with detail and stuff it will go well with my Gothic people with some Gothic hair i downloaded for them!

Another P.S What Expansions do we need? I have all the expansions except Supernatural BUT im getting supernatural soon and i have High end loft stuff and fast lane I think i have another but i don't have all packs yet but i nearly have all Expansions Just supernatural to go :D I have been playing it ever since i was little :) I found a glitch with late night too Its to become a vampire faster I was playing around holded down a few keys or key and clicked on it then it went away then she turned into a vampire?
    Is this a glitch?
    is this just a normal thing?
    Im glad my sim wasn't in sunlight or she might of died :roll: and that would be :thumbdown:

:) Please reply VERY soon i see your usually online which is Good :D
    Reply soon!
  • SandsMSandsM Posts: 67 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Please register me too.
  • cdavistheriaultcdavistheriault Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Prof, Please register me as well. Thanks to you and the other DNA teachers for these thorough and fun courses!
    edited January 2013
    Hi, Niac!... My point is that you will already know a good deal of what I plan to teach, but there still may be a tidbit here and there that is of use to you. :mrgreen:
    Edumacation is never a waste, even if it's a refresher course!

Niac, p-pup, Lissy, experienced builders, me [who's remedial], etc. can go sit in the back corner of the classroom, shooting spit-wads at each other while you teach (so's we're out of your way and not distracting our fellow students, cuz we're in the back).
    We're bound to learn something new during the times we're paying attention!

::raises hand, waving it energetically:: OOooh! Pick me, pick me... I know the answer...

edit: OMG! Look at the registry list!!! Woot! It's huge! Heehee... awesome!
  • NattaBNattaB Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2013
    I would love if you could register me as well :)
    edited January 2013
    Zoo im sorry about i was gonna reply to your long sentence then i got mixed up :oops:
    it says its by me now! but thats wrong?
    :oops: Sorry i started long ago and forgot about my account and only got on it yesterday and when i made it was 2009 :oops:

You can change your avatar photo to anything you want. You can use one of the default avatars or you can use one of your own uploaded Sims. So it really doesn't matter if the website THINKS you're a boy, you can make your picture a cat if you want and we will all think of that as "you".

Go to your Sim Page, then hover the cursor over your current avatar. I think you will see a small icon of a pencil in the corner and if you click it then you can edit your avatar photo. If that doesn't work, I know there must be a tutorial out there for changing that photo. But I think that will work. :D
    oow785m
    edited January 2013
    Kidede525 wrote:
    Register me
    SandsM wrote:
    Please register me too.
    Hi Prof, Please register me as well. Thanks to you and the other DNA teachers for these thorough and fun courses!
    NattaB wrote:
    I would love if you could register me as well :)

You are all very welcome to Zoo U! I'll see you on the 19th!
    oow785m
    edited January 2013
    Class roster is all updated! WHOOT! Exciting having so many students!
    oow785m
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget me. I want to do it too! :)
    edited January 2013
    gngrsnp wrote:
    Don't forget me. I want to do it too! :)

NEVER! I couldn't forget you, Dear Teammate! I'm putting you on my list right now. :D
    oow785m
  • MellieMidgetMellieMidget Posts: 900 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sign me up please.

Im getting better at building and will be going through all your courses to see how I do. I hope this is ok.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • KIM19310KIM19310 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register me plz
  • willowby03willowby03 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2013
    :D Register me!
    edited January 2013
    ::waves to gngrsnp::

::hands out sharpened No.2 Wacom pencils to all the students coming in the door::
    (heehee! Wacom's the only brand of puter pen I know.)
  • priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2013
    Cressie! Save me a seat, in case I'm late!!

*shiny's up an apple for the teacher* :mrgreen:

And bring me some pie!!! Pie, pie, pie!!! :mrgreen:

Pretty please?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top