Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 7: Bits and Bites Building Basics (self-paced tutorial)

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited January 2013
    This will be helpful
    Register me please
  • Nikki9432Nikki9432 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Register me
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited January 2013
    Love to see another Zoo U course starting up! Good luck with this one Zoo, I think you'll get a great turnout. The Sims 3 Facebook Page just posted a link to the thread, and I think that will help draw new builders to the course.

Good luck guys!
    -DH
  • J24FKFJ24FKF Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    REGISTER ME!!! PLS!!!
  • Lady_SerLady_Ser Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Register Me.
    I would love to build something MORE than what I do now.
    I cannot promise to be here on set times with coaching high school, going to college, working and going through management at this point of time.
  • Simplayer17Simplayer17 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    register me! :D
  • jetaxebabezjetaxebabez Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    REGISTER ME!
  • taebay3taebay3 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Register me please! :)
  • buckeyeDivabuckeyeDiva Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register me please?!?! :D
  • XxBitexXxMehxXXxBitexXxMehxX Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Register Me! :)
  • waynesshopwaynesshop Posts: 74 Member
    edited January 2013

Hi, waynesshop! DEFINITELY the course will become a self-paced tutorial AND I monitor all Zoo U threads so that if you have a question, even in the future, I will do my best to get an answer for you.

Do you want to be added to the class roster?[/quote]

yes. please!! :)
  • dragondancer622dragondancer622 Posts: 146 Member
    edited January 2013
    I love building, but my houses always end up too big and not as functional as I would like them. I could definitely use some pointers and am interested in this class!!!
  • SpaceKitteSpaceKitte Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Register me!
  • allisonrkennedyallisonrkennedy Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Register me! :D
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    Of course she does!!
    [Oh, did I just type that out loud...? Bad, naughty awful me!! Be quiet, self, and mind your own business!]

Hi Zoo ^_^ heehee :P
    I thank you for your clarification on the missing ceiling tiles, very edumacational - but what shall I do when there is no above floor? It is the top of the apartment building and, as such, has no alterable surfaces above on the roof.
    Tricky, huh?!
    Shall I stop asking all these ceiling tile questions in here and move the posts over to the CFE course thread? I'd be happy to oblige since I am the one that has clotted this one up before class has even begun. O_O
    --- signed, the class troublemaker

Hmmm... I haven't yet modified an existing apartment shell. Will it allow you to use the "flat roof" option? That would be essentially like adding the tile above your missing ceiling. It that won't work, my suspicion is that you just have to live with it. If you WANT to put your questions on the CFE course that would be fine. Svlyn taught that class and she might have some insights, but I don't know how much she has played with the apartment shells either. It's kind of a different question.

I am planning an apartment class sometime this year, I just need to get someone to teach it. Several of my D.N.A. teammates are quite good at it, if any of them has time to teach that would be really great.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi Zoo :) Ive looked into your classes previously but havent had the guts/time to join in, but this time Im determined to do it :) I do have one problem though: Im Australian, and 2pm your time for me is 6am. I also wont be at home that weekend (Ill be at my dads, 2hrs away), so would it be possible for me to complete the lesson when I get home and ask you questions if I get stuck?

edited January 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    Love to see another Zoo U course starting up! Good luck with this one Zoo, I think you'll get a great turnout. The Sims 3 Facebook Page just posted a link to the thread, and I think that will help draw new builders to the course.

Good luck guys!
    -DH

God Bless SimGuru Hydra! I'm very sure that is who I have to thank for that FB plug. She is AWESOME and really supportive of Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Lauz101Lauz101 Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Register me Please!
    edited January 2013
    Hi, Everyone! I am so thrilled to see so many of my fellow Simmers interested in learning more about using the Sims 3 building tools!

There are some questions that I've been asked a few times and I want to clarify them here:

1. Yes, being here at the actual day and time of the class is an advantage as you would have the chance to ask your teacher a question and get an immediate answer, but ...

2. NO, you don't HAVE to be here exactly when the class is up! You will always be able to access this course. It will become a self-guided tutorial once the lesson is no longer "live" HOWEVER, I monitor all Zoo U threads. That means that ...

3. Even after the course is no longer "live", you can STILL ask a question on the course thread and expect to get an answer. It may take a few days for me to see the question, answer it, and for you to be online to see that answer. It isn't as immediate as if you were there in class to ask something, but it is also not like a tutorial where you are all on your own if you don't understand something. Finally ...

4. You CAN attend even if you didn't register. It is really nice for you to register for several reasons. First, every person who registers bumps the course thread and makes it possible for more potential students to see it. Second, I like to friend request my students so that I can send you any messages that I think would be helpful. Third, I like knowing that someone is actually out there benefiting from the HOURS of my time (or the visiting professor's time) that it takes to do these classes.

I hope to see you all on the 19th!

In the meanwhile, it would be very beneficial if you would read the first five posts on this thread. One has a note from the teacher (me, in this case), one is information for new Zoo U students with helpful links, and one has links for previous Zoo U courses that you might be interested in.

WELCOME TO ZOO U!!!

oow785m
    edited January 2013
    I think the class roster is up to date to here! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • KaruBlackKaruBlack Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hello

Register me!

I would love to learn more about building. I can never build something really good on my own. The best I can normally do is recreate something that's already been done by EA or someone else for my game. :(
  • pokemon8889pokemon8889 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register Me! I SUCK at buildings.
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for answering my questions so quickly, Zoo :) I tried to accept your FR but the site wont let me :(
  • shesha911shesha911 Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Please register me. :D
    edited January 2013
    KaruBlack wrote:
    Hello

Register me!

I would love to learn more about building. I can never build something really good on my own. The best I can normally do is recreate something that's already been done by EA or someone else for my game. :(

Even copying another build is good practice for doing it on your own! It just takes some practice to get good at making your own stuff.

Welcome to Zoo U! I will add you to the roster right now.
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top