Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 7: Bits and Bites Building Basics (self-paced tutorial)

Comments

• Options
    maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited January 2013
    Cressie pushes Zoo's calculator down into a Banana Creme pie and waggles her tongue out at Zoo to prove Cressie's not afraid and that math is yucky.
    (so are the ratty graphics in the following pic but I can't access my editing program atm to clean it up)

BCpiemath_zps1e522d40.png
    Take that, Pi!

Cressie's the most awesome one in class EVER! Cressie rules!
    [Cressie's gonna get expelled...]
    (Cressie is just talking about herself in 3rd person because Zoo lied and loves when people do that. Plus Cressie finds math very confusing. Cressie understands pictures much better. Geometry is all right by Cressie becuz it can be drawn into pictures, thereby making it sensible.)

Edits: Cressie's self-absorbed and likes to edit stuff due to obsessive tendencies/having nothing else to do until class starts

maxjor928 will cover you with pancakes.
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited January 2013
    OK! Do you have 100% pure maple syrup to go on them?
    (I can lick my sticky, syrupy fingers while I hide under the pancakes so Zoo can't find me to kick me out of her class.)
  • Options
    maxjor928maxjor928 Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited January 2013
    OK! Do you have 100% pure maple syrup to go on them?
    (I can lick my sticky, syrupy fingers while I hide under the pancakes so Zoo can't find me to kick me out of her class.)

Yup! Canadian as well, straight from the Maple tree! And I also have butter or margarine, whatever you prefer... just look for the giant pancakes, and duck. Or chicken. Or swan... Or...

(They're gigantic!)

*lifts pancake stack with crane and places on top of Cressie*

TELL ME IF YOU LIKE DEM!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    "Mmmfppptages dherhhh dreahhhd, gah nhee mrrrr? Ndnuu neee oghh bporrr fum pudder ohn mhe shose aigh det owd frmm udter sdach od bantathts - (it's very hard to be heard under giant pancakes. {help!} ) dhoo hebby... tant breefh...!"
    :thumbup: (Canadian syrup rocks! I drink it straight.)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hey, guys, I know we're just having fun and all but can we cut out the nonsense and hijinx on my class thread now? I'm concerned that it could be causing people to not sign up for the class as it doesn't look like a serious thing. Also, this is absolutely counter to forum rules and I don't want my class thread locked.

I'm not trying to be the "bad mommy" or anything, and I want us to have fun, but this is way out of hand now and we have had one serious post in the last few days.

I'm at fault, too, but I think we all need to straighten up and fly right! :wink:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sorry! I was just doing it to keep the thread bumped, but I'll quit if it's counteractive. :wink: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sorry! I was just doing it to keep the thread bumped, but I'll quit if it's counteractive. :wink: :thumbup:

I was thinking of it that way, too, Cressie, but then I wondered how all our nonsense (and I was definitely right in on it, too) would be viewed by someone new who hadn't ever talked with any of us.

I just don't want to scare away any potential students. Not that we need any new folks for the class (it is WAY full, YEAH!!!), but I don't want to cause someone to not sign up who would benefit.

By the way, the stuff you mentioned on my page about being interested in learning some stuff about swimmable ponds and water features like bridges is all stuff I plan for this very course.

This one is a bit of builder basic skills and we won't be too in-depth on anything, but we will cover a little bit of a lot of things. :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2013
    The swim-able ponds are amazing. I have always wondered how builders make them. Also I hope that in a later EP we get to be able to have actual slides we can use on the pool.
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:
    The swim-able ponds are amazing. I have always wondered how builders make them. Also I hope that in a later EP we get to be able to have actual slides we can use on the pool.

I read that pool slides have been mentioned in the last broadcast to be released with Island Paradise EP. I'm hoping for them too ;) But I need to rewatch the broadcast because the quality during the live showing was terrible :lol:

Professor Zoo, are there additional things to making a swimmable pond than you showed in Zoo U 1 - Build a Barn? Because I have finished my barn house this week and the swimmable pond there is really nice :D I'm planning to use that house when I start a 100 baby challenge. And I'm excited to see what you are going to teach in a week.
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sowwy Zoo
    Nerdy will be a vewwy vewwy good girl now. :D
    No more pies from Nerdy. *takes pies to use for status updates instead*
    And by the way, I recommended this course in my status update so if any of my friends haven't heard about it yet then they might do it.

And for everyone who is new to these or not sure about entering:
    ZooU courses are an excellent way to help anyone improve their building skills. Zoo is a fantastic teacher and brilliant at helping out and answering questions. The courses are the best that I've ever seen on the forums so I hope that you enter and that it will be a huge help to you.
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Did I miss registration?!??! *out of breath!* Can I still sign up? Oh please, Zoo, oh please, oh please....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    jenny0786 wrote:

I like the slides as well. I think we are getting them in Island Paradise as Marit mentioned!
    jenny0786 wrote:

I read that pool slides have been mentioned in the last broadcast to be released with Island Paradise EP. I'm hoping for them too ;) But I need to rewatch the broadcast because the quality during the live showing was terrible :lol:

Professor Zoo, are there additional things to making a swimmable pond than you showed in Zoo U 1 - Build a Barn? Because I have finished my barn house this week and the swimmable pond there is really nice :D I'm planning to use that house when I start a 100 baby challenge. And I'm excited to see what you are going to teach in a week.

I plan to do about the same sort of thing as I did in Building a Farm, but I thought we might have a bridge this time, too. I am so impressed that you have your house from the Building a Farm course done and are going to use it in your game! How fun! You will have the satisfaction of knowing you built it all with your own hands, too.
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    Sowwy Zoo
    Nerdy will be a vewwy vewwy good girl now. :D
    No more pies from Nerdy. *takes pies to use for status updates instead*
    And by the way, I recommended this course in my status update so if any of my friends haven't heard about it yet then they might do it.

And for everyone who is new to these or not sure about entering:
    ZooU courses are an excellent way to help anyone improve their building skills. Zoo is a fantastic teacher and brilliant at helping out and answering questions. The courses are the best that I've ever seen on the forums so I hope that you enter and that it will be a huge help to you.

Awww! Thanks, Sweetie! I appreciate the kind words so much! I will do my best to live up to this praise with my lesson next week! MWAH!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: Did I miss registration?!??! *out of breath!* Can I still sign up? Oh please, Zoo, oh please, oh please....

Hi, MVJ! You are in PERFECT time to sign up! I will be adding you to my list right away. Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Zoo, I'm looking forward to the swimpondbridge lesson, as you know!! :mrgreen:
    I don't think I'll be able to keep up live (crashy old CPU/EPs only up to HELS), but I'll do my best and hopefully get some knowledge into my spongey brain to use later.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Zoo, I'm looking forward to the swimpondbridge lesson, as you know!! :mrgreen:
    I don't think I'll be able to keep up live (crashy old CPU/EPs only up to HELS), but I'll do my best and hopefully get some knowledge into my spongey brain to use later.

The good thing about these classes is that they will be here and ready for you when you are ready. Good luck with your computer woes!
    oow785m
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited January 2013
    There is a swimmable pond tutorial in 'Building a Farm' ?!? :shock:
    *runs off to try*
  • Options
    mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully I will have time this next week to check out the old tutorials and make use of them. I have a short schedule next week so I'm hoping that I won't get busy and forget! Can't wait to learn all the things that I've been missing!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    There is a swimmable pond tutorial in 'Building a Farm' ?!? :shock:
    *runs off to try*

LOL! There are some useful things in that course. You learn to build a barn (with a full farm hand's apartment in the loft), you learn to make a walk-out basement, and learn to build a large, elaborate farmhouse, and you learn to add a swimmable pond to your landscaping.

Some of these ideas will be touched on, but expanded a bit, in this class. I don't think you would consider it repetative to view both courses, I think one should compliment the other on the few topics they share.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hopefully I will have time this next week to check out the old tutorials and make use of them. I have a short schedule next week so I'm hoping that I won't get busy and forget! Can't wait to learn all the things that I've been missing!

I hope you enjoy it!
    oow785m
  • Options
    Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2013
    Looks like fun, I'm glad I checked the DNA thread! :) Please sign me up---I'm always interested in getting better at building. Bridges are one of the things I attempted in the past, but I didn't like my result then. Hopefully this time around, it'll look better. lol

Thanks for taking your time to do these classes---some day I hope to go through the ones you have already posted. *needs more time* lol :D
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • Options
    xgrimxxbeansxxgrimxxbeansx Posts: 938 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Register me! Please ;)
    I've never taken part in a Zoo U course before, so this should be fun! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nirar22 wrote:
    Looks like fun, I'm glad I checked the DNA thread! :) Please sign me up---I'm always interested in getting better at building. Bridges are one of the things I attempted in the past, but I didn't like my result then. Hopefully this time around, it'll look better. lol

Thanks for taking your time to do these classes---some day I hope to go through the ones you have already posted. *needs more time* lol :D

Don't we ALL need more time! I told my parents that someone with as many hobbies as I have has no time for a job and was clearly intended to be born independently wealthy. I asked them how they managed to mess that up for me, but they laughed as if I were making a joke... :lol:

Welcome to Zoo U!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Register me! Please ;)
    I've never taken part in a Zoo U course before, so this should be fun! :mrgreen:

I really hope it WILL be fun and that you will learn a few things, too! Welcome to Zoo U, I will put you on the class roster right away.
    oow785m
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm, I'm just trying to figure out what time the course will actually start. I think 2pm US Central time = 9pm GMT+1 (in Germany). Does that match? :oops:
    Right now it's a few minutes past 7:30pm here so it would be 12:30 US Central time? :?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hmmm, I'm just trying to figure out what time the course will actually start. I think 2pm US Central time = 9pm GMT+1 (in Germany). Does that match? :oops:
    Right now it's a few minutes past 7:30pm here so it would be 12:30 US Central time? :?

The class starts at U.S. Central time which is CST (Central Standard Time) which is GMT -6hours.

You can find out what time the class starts in your town using the World Clock site and their time zone converter. Here is a link:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top