Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• Options
    McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry aarin, I don't want to interupt your thread, but I've just gotta say this...

Haphron, that guy looks a lot like Megosh from Willow. You should have him move in and upload him to the Exchange (though, the height thing if its a glitch most likely will not carry over).

Cheers.

Mcbean
  • Options
    lilyboblilybob Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2009
    Haphron wrote:

wondering about EA's latest patch....
    Is this a new feature added to the game from the latest patch from EA? Custom height adjustment?

that is a glitch that existed pre-patch.
  • Options
    xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey, I downloaded a few custom hair yesterday, only 2 showed up but I decided I didn't like either of them and deleted all files from my packages folder. Today, i downloaded a bunch of CC hair but none of the hair showed up in my game and the 2 custom hairs are still in my game. Is there another way i have to delete this instead of just erasing it from my packages folder? Also, were the other hairs not showing up because of this? thanks
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    xocAnDii wrote:
    Hey, I downloaded a few custom hair yesterday, only 2 showed up but I decided I didn't like either of them and deleted all files from my packages folder. Today, i downloaded a bunch of CC hair but none of the hair showed up in my game and the 2 custom hairs are still in my game. Is there another way i have to delete this instead of just erasing it from my packages folder? Also, were the other hairs not showing up because of this? thanks

I don't troubleshoot CC, sorry.
  • Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    cantapoupe wrote:
    Hi Aarin.

My sims won't upload anymore. They used to but now it says either that they are already on the exchange or that there is a system error. They go to the launcher with no problem, it's just the uploading. I e-mailed EA a few days ago but no response. They also don't have multiple outfits. And also, from the point that it worked to when it stopped working, I changed nothing at all in the game whatsoever. I sent 5 sims to the launcher from the game then only 4 uploaded before it stopped. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

No help for me? :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    cantapoupe wrote:
    Hi Aarin.

My sims won't upload anymore. They used to but now it says either that they are already on the exchange or that there is a system error. They go to the launcher with no problem, it's just the uploading. I e-mailed EA a few days ago but no response. They also don't have multiple outfits. And also, from the point that it worked to when it stopped working, I changed nothing at all in the game whatsoever. I sent 5 sims to the launcher from the game then only 4 uploaded before it stopped. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry, things move fast around here and I am not always wearing my glasses so my attention span generally wanes.

The only thing I can really tell you (since multiple outfits is not an issue) is keep trying and trying. I have almost similar issues with my launcher, which dissuades me from uploading a lot of things tbh. If this is a mind numbingly annoying problem for you, I suggest posting it up in Technical Discussion to fish for some solutions.

I've personally tried saving multiples of the same sim or house to my launcher, usually after the third or fourth, it starts working. Uploading the same lot/sim over and over and over again (the same file, not a duplicate) sometimes makes it go through as well. My Nouveau Huppert upload took three times before it finally uploaded.

I would like to think that half of the time, it's a server talking to the launcher issue, and the other half of the time, it's just the launcher being a piece of crap. There are so many other ways to get your content out to the people though (blogs, CC websites, fan-made forums, etc), it is just unfortunate that the method that is suppose to be the easiest is barely functioning.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I am a victim myself, if it is any consolation.
  • Options
    SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Hi Aarin,
    Is there any way to choose what portrait you're uploaded sims/avitars have?
    Other than the lengthy upload, check, delete, repeat method?
    Everytime I upload my Sim-self he looks really mad (Lol, not a realistic reflection of me at all! :D) but he hasn't got the "Grumpy, Evil, etc" traits that would normally cause the portraits to do this.
    Can you help me out?
    Edit:spelling
    <---- I did it via the "Lengthy method" but would still like to know if there is an easier way :-)

No, there is no easier way.
    :( Oh well, it was worth asking. Cheers Aarin :D
  • Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thank yooou! I've tried like 8 times with the same sim but I will try again.
  • Options
    GagaSimsGagaSims Posts: 3,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Haphron wrote:
    Hi Aarin I have a question,
    short4.jpg

I'm wondering....
    short5.jpg
    short7.jpg

wondering about EA's latest patch....
    short6.jpg

This is not my character, this is Reginald Sakemoto. In my game he spends alot of time in the park. (btw hes the only one in town walkin around with custom height)
    short2.jpg

Is this a new feature added to the game from the latest patch from EA? Custom height adjustment?
    If so I see no sliders available in the character creation screen.

short3.jpg

Btw WelcomeBack, alot of ppl missed you on the forums :P
    short1.jpg
    all photos 640x480. I didnt want to break your thread.

and thanks for the help.

That happened to me a month ago with the same guy. Weird.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Why do people continue to post in here, even though its all... invisible?
  • Options
    anon42anon42 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I got to page 41 and did not see an answer, but I could have missed it.

I am trying a legacy. so, of course, my sim started with nothing. I have gradually been building up. I got a sink in the bathroom first. They were using this to wash dishes. Since then, I have been able to purchase a kitchen sink. But, they still keep going to the bathroom one to wash dishes. This has been causing the embarrassment moodlet thingy to come up as I still only have 1 bathroom and invariably someone is using it when someone comes in to wash a dish. I tried putting the sink in my inventory for a while so they only had the kitchen one and were forced to wash dishes there. But, when I put the bathroom one back, they returned to using that instead of in the kitchen.

I hope you can help and I haven't missed this answer already. Thanks.
  • Options
    ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

Some people like posting mysteriously. :P
  • Options
    TravoTravo Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi, um, how do I actually get to Riverview?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Travo wrote:

Please, please, please read the first page before asking questions. It's the first answered question on the page even. I provided not only the link to where you can download it but also the installation directions.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Travo wrote:

Please, please, please read the first page before asking questions. It's the first answered question on the page even. I provided not only the link to where you can download it but also the installation directions.

No I downloaded it, but ingame I dont know how to get there. Sorry for not being clear.

And also, since I don't know if the answer on the first page answers my question, how can I build a new house on a different lot and move into it with my Sim + his stuff?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Travo wrote:
    aarin wrote:
    Travo wrote:

No I downloaded it, but ingame I dont know how to get there. Sorry for not being clear.

And also, since I don't know if the answer on the first page answers my question, how can I build a new house on a different lot and move into it with my Sim + his stuff?

Number One:

Create a new game. The game will ask you which town you want to play in. You can't change the town of each saved game. After you choose the town you want, (Riverview) the intro for Riverview will start.

Number Two.
    Aarin wrote:
    How do I place a lot/house?
    - Click on "..." located in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. Go to "edit town". Choose the lot tab on the bin window, select the house you want to place. Then click the lot you want to place it. You can only place lots on spots that are categorized the same as the house you are placing (residental or community). The lot must also be big enough to accomidate the house. Keep in mind subtle differences in numbers like, for example, if your house is 40x30 and you are trying to put it in a 30x40 lot, you will not be able to turn it width-wise to face the street, so pay attention!
    Aarin wrote:
    How do I move out of a lot?
    - Have a sim use their cellphone or a computer and select the "move out" option. A window will pop up asking you how you want to divide your family. You will also receive the option to "kick out" the sim, which means they will be placed in a random lot unbeknowst to you. I suggest against kicking out sims unless you really don't care about them, like lousy ex-husbands.

You may also go into "edit town" mode and move the household that way.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    Travo wrote:
    aarin wrote:
    Travo wrote:

Number One:

Create a new game. The game will ask you which town you want to play in. You can't change the town of each saved game. After you choose the town you want, (Riverview) the intro for Riverview will start.

Number Two.
    Aarin wrote:
    How do I place a lot/house?
    - Click on "..." located in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. Go to "edit town". Choose the lot tab on the bin window, select the house you want to place. Then click the lot you want to place it. You can only place lots on spots that are categorized the same as the house you are placing (residental or community). The lot must also be big enough to accomidate the house. Keep in mind subtle differences in numbers like, for example, if your house is 40x30 and you are trying to put it in a 30x40 lot, you will not be able to turn it width-wise to face the street, so pay attention!
    Aarin wrote:
    How do I move out of a lot?
    - Have a sim use their cellphone or a computer and select the "move out" option. A window will pop up asking you how you want to divide your family. You will also receive the option to "kick out" the sim, which means they will be placed in a random lot unbeknowst to you. I suggest against kicking out sims unless you really don't care about them, like lousy ex-husbands.

You may also go into "edit town" mode and move the household that way.

oh so I cant visit Riverview? I have to live there? OK. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Travo wrote:

Yes, you HAVE to live there. You can't visit.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:

ggl. Aarin you must get the message out that it is not completely broken. People seem to have trouble comprehending the title. Although I will admit I did too once. :-o
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    Travo wrote:

Yes, you HAVE to live there. You can't visit.

exactly. It's not like Animal Crossing, ggl. :-D
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited August 2009
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! hi. 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! hi. 8)

I'm...confused!? :?
  • Options
    Bubb_12Bubb_12 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    randomly a single sim from two different households (not active) disappeared. They are still in the relationships area of my sims but i was just wondering... where did they go?

And one more thing, how could i get one of the disappeared sims to move in with me without marrying them?
  • Options
    isabellawhatevaisabellawhateva Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ohai, Aarin.
    You thought I was gone, but in fact I am back to ask you another question.

I've heard some scary things about the most recent patch. My launcher keeps bugging me to download it, but I'm a little nervous about it.

In your super awesome opinion, should I download the new patch or not? I'm not worried about any of the issues people have had with mods, but I'm a little concerned about crashing and whatnot.

Sorry if someone has already asked this and I missed it
  • Options
    anon42anon42 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    anon42 wrote:
    I got to page 41 and did not see an answer, but I could have missed it.

I am trying a legacy. so, of course, my sim started with nothing. I have gradually been building up. I got a sink in the bathroom first. They were using this to wash dishes. Since then, I have been able to purchase a kitchen sink. But, they still keep going to the bathroom one to wash dishes. This has been causing the embarrassment moodlet thingy to come up as I still only have 1 bathroom and invariably someone is using it when someone comes in to wash a dish. I tried putting the sink in my inventory for a while so they only had the kitchen one and were forced to wash dishes there. But, when I put the bathroom one back, they returned to using that instead of in the kitchen.

I hope you can help and I haven't missed this answer already. Thanks.

I am not sure, but I think this got lost in the shuffle and was wondering if there was an answer. Sorry if answers are still being searched for and I am just too quick to look.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top