Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• sim_jpsim_jp Posts: 583 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aarin, ca you help...
    I've downloaded some female hairstyles, from rosesims, peggyzone and modthesims.
    Before you think I'm stupid and all, I have Resource.cfg (YES, it's in the right folder under Program Files, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3), and I have the folder Mods there, in which I have a Packages folder, in which I put all my mods. I went to Create-a-Sim and I can only see hairstyles from MTS and some other site (I don't remember), however, the hairstyles from Peggyzone won't show up. They're all in the same directory. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance. :)
  • ashthebash91ashthebash91 Posts: 293 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hello aarin, i firstly wud like to thankyou for making this thread, and also thank-you in particular for recovering backup saved files, that about saved my life earlier :)

I have a few questions i think, most of them are pretty simple i am sure, just silly me cant work them out.
    Is there a time cheat? Like in ts2 there was "sethour x"

Do u have to fertilise plants to get the best produce, because i am sure i have a perfect tomato that i am sure i didnt fertilise :S

Can you recover items in a sims inventory that u ahve kicked out the house?

If you sim paints a large painting, and they are lvl10 painter etc. Does the painting increase the environment/decorated rating?

Is there anyway to make it so ure sims job could be "gardener" or "fisherman" if they fish/garden alot and sell there produce?

Is there a way to make it so the shop has perfect produce? If so, how much perfect stuff must i sell to them?

What does "seek medical advice" actually do when your sim is up the duff

the moodlets from the gym/library, are the advantagous, as in, are they worth doing athletic and reading there, will it increase rates of learning enough to mean thats the place to go?

What are some of ure favourite traits? That make the game quite exciting?

Thanking you in advance ashthebash91 :):)
  • aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hello aarin, i firstly wud like to thankyou for making this thread, and also thank-you in particular for recovering backup saved files, that about saved my life earlier :)

I have a few questions i think, most of them are pretty simple i am sure, just silly me cant work them out.
    Is there a time cheat? Like in ts2 there was "sethour x"

Do u have to fertilise plants to get the best produce, because i am sure i have a perfect tomato that i am sure i didnt fertilise :S

Can you recover items in a sims inventory that u ahve kicked out the house?

If you sim paints a large painting, and they are lvl10 painter etc. Does the painting increase the environment/decorated rating?

Is there anyway to make it so ure sims job could be "gardener" or "fisherman" if they fish/garden alot and sell there produce?

Is there a way to make it so the shop has perfect produce? If so, how much perfect stuff must i sell to them?

What does "seek medical advice" actually do when your sim is up the duff

the moodlets from the gym/library, are the advantagous, as in, are they worth doing athletic and reading there, will it increase rates of learning enough to mean thats the place to go?

What are some of ure favourite traits? That make the game quite exciting?

Thanking you in advance ashthebash91 :):)

1) No. If it is not listed on the cheats link provided on the first page, it does not exist/work.

2) No. Fertilizing only effects fruit bore from a lesser quality plant. So say you fertilize a "normal" plant, it will bear "nice" fruit. Sometimes you just get lucky when planting seeds you've found and end up with a perfect plant off the bat. Quality of the produce does not degrade over time, even on the vine so you don't have to worry about fertilizing perfect plants. Super Green Thumb lifetime reward will also automatically "up" the quality of planted items. So for example, if you're planting a "normal" quality plant/seed/produce, it will auto-improve to "nice" then you can fertilize so that it bears "Very Nice" produce. The type of fertilizer you use will determine how long the plant stays fertilized. Refer to the gardening guide link on the first page for numbers/duration.

There is a thread floating around where some guy tested fertilizing against time it takes to grow plants. I was too lazy to read it because it was a wall of text that melted my eyes. Whether or not fertilizing quickens growth shall remain a mystery to me until then.

3) Chances are unlikely, though I have not tested it. I've had townie sims move in with things in their personal inventories. I am, however, skeptical as loss of inventory is a common side effect on changing active households and by moving someone out, you are essentially making them an inactive household.

4) This is vague, as I have not read anywhere officially about decorated values in raw format. It's not an exact science (I've attempted to test the threshold of "decorated", "nicely decorated" and "beautifully decorated" by using environment points), and nowhere have I read of environment points for sim-made paintings so it is hard to tell. It's utterly impossible to test this as well for reasons I would rather not get into at this early hour in the morning.

5) No. Not unless someone makes a mod for it. :)

6) All items available at the store are default "nice" quality. Even with mods that add certain things to the grocery store like life fruit and flame fruit, the quality yielded is still nice. I don't know if this is caused by the game itself forcing this or what. I would figure people who make grocery store mods would have made them sell perfect quality produce if it were possible. I am guessing at this moment that it is not known. Selling produce does not effect this as grocery store inventory is infinite in nature and needs not to be replenished by any outside sources.

7) "Medical advice" does nothing besides increase the chances of a "healthy" pregnancy which in turn will allow you to choose the traits of the child upon birth. Otherwise, it is a waste of money.

8) I heavily suggest only doing your skilling up via books at the library. The buff given while there makes it disadvantageous to skill up by reading anywhere else. The gym buff, last I checked, wasn't working properly. There are mods that fix it, I believe.

9) Immune to Fire (hidden trait), Inappropriate (great autonomous social interactions with other sims, great for embarrassing strangers), Neurotic ("Freak Out" grants overpowered positive moodlet).

Phew! :D
    edited August 2009
    sim_jp wrote:
    Aarin, ca you help...
    I've downloaded some female hairstyles, from rosesims, peggyzone and modthesims.
    Before you think I'm stupid and all, I have Resource.cfg (YES, it's in the right folder under Program Files, Electronic Arts, The Sims 3), and I have the folder Mods there, in which I have a Packages folder, in which I put all my mods. I went to Create-a-Sim and I can only see hairstyles from MTS and some other site (I don't remember), however, the hairstyles from Peggyzone won't show up. They're all in the same directory. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance. :)

I don't troubleshoot CC, I'm sorry.
  • MinouChanMinouChan Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey aarin!
    What's going on with your after-wedding partaaay?
  • SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin,
    Is there any way to choose what portrait you're uploaded sims/avitars have?
    Other than the lengthy upload, check, delete, repeat method?
    Everytime I upload my Sim-self he looks really mad (Lol, not a realistic reflection of me at all! :D) but he hasn't got the "Grumpy, Evil, etc" traits that would normally cause the portraits to do this.
    Can you help me out?
    Edit:spelling
    <---- I did it via the "Lengthy method" but would still like to know if there is an easier way :-)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • blaknwiteblaknwite Posts: 191 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ive tried to patch my game a number of times now since the new patch came out and it always says there was an Error File not Found.

Any idea how to fix this?
  • cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin.

My sims won't upload anymore. They used to but now it says either that they are already on the exchange or that there is a system error. They go to the launcher with no problem, it's just the uploading. I e-mailed EA a few days ago but no response. They also don't have multiple outfits. And also, from the point that it worked to when it stopped working, I changed nothing at all in the game whatsoever. I sent 5 sims to the launcher from the game then only 4 uploaded before it stopped. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  • MinouChanMinouChan Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited August 2009
    blaknwite wrote:
    Ive tried to patch my game a number of times now since the new patch came out and it always says there was an Error File not Found.

Any idea how to fix this?

You should specify what file is not being found.
    It will usually tell you.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2009
    I was going in here for an answer before I asked my question and when I got to a certain page, I couldn't see anything. I figured I got to the first page of the broken pages. So I went to the last page. It too shows no posts for me.

I even hit post reply to see if they would show up then and they did not. I also tried using Internet Explorer to see if it was just a viewing issue in Firefox but it still showed no posts. Just letting you know that there may be people who can't see the latest post.

And don't worry, I solved my own question :P

Here's a link to the picture of a print screen showing what I'm seeing:
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h17/sjdavis1024/AskAairinthreadproblem.jpg

Also wanted to thank you for answering people's questions (which is why I came back to the thread today to see if the problem had fixed itself).
  • TerryBaller15TerryBaller15 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My movie has been taking a day to upload. ANd still isn't up. I tried deleting it and restarting, but that didn't work. If you can help thanks, if you can't it's okay:)
  • unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Seera1024 wrote:
    I was going in here for an answer before I asked my question and when I got to a certain page, I couldn't see anything. I figured I got to the first page of the broken pages. So I went to the last page. It too shows no posts for me.

I even hit post reply to see if they would show up then and they did not. I also tried using Internet Explorer to see if it was just a viewing issue in Firefox but it still showed no posts. Just letting you know that there may be people who can't see the latest post.

And don't worry, I solved my own question :P

Here's a link to the picture of a print screen showing what I'm seeing:
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h17/sjdavis1024/AskAairinthreadproblem.jpg

Also wanted to thank you for answering people's questions (which is why I came back to the thread today to see if the problem had fixed itself).

I'm convinced no one even bothers to read your thread title, Aarin. SHE KNOWS THE LAST PAGES ARE BROKEN, GUYS. THERE'S NOTHING SHE CAN DO.
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin,
    Is there any way to choose what portrait you're uploaded sims/avitars have?
    Other than the lengthy upload, check, delete, repeat method?
    Everytime I upload my Sim-self he looks really mad (Lol, not a realistic reflection of me at all! :D) but he hasn't got the "Grumpy, Evil, etc" traits that would normally cause the portraits to do this.
    Can you help me out?
    Edit:spelling
    <---- I did it via the "Lengthy method" but would still like to know if there is an easier way :-)

No, there is no easier way.
    edited August 2009
    My movie has been taking a day to upload. ANd still isn't up. I tried deleting it and restarting, but that didn't work. If you can help thanks, if you can't it's okay:)

Couldn't you have just waited instead of deleting it? The website is pretty janky about uploads. Let it be.
  • Taylor0628Taylor0628 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wonder if everybody else can see my posts but I can't...if so I feel very akward... :oops:

If everybody else can see this, I wonder why I can't see anything...if they can't, then this is pointless. Actually, it's pointless either way, because if I'm the only one who can't see 156, then I can't see anybodys replies either :(

Grr :x
    edited August 2009
    AMG Taylor. Learn to read the friggin subject title, will ya? "Few" in my mind means "more than two" so naturally you must go back "more than two" pages to get to the working one. I think I am pretty clear.
  • unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It amuses me that this Taylor fellow apparently really believes his posts are invisible to everyone, and yet keeps making them. It's like a comedy scenario where a little kid thinks he's invisible for some reason and thusly sneaks into a ladies' dressing room or something, and is then shocked when he gets caught. :lol:
    edited August 2009
    I like how he bothers to use smilies. :)

I think I am taking a vacation from this forum. It's too claustrophobic and enraging.
  • HelBelleHelBelle Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited August 2009
    Aarin I have a message for you from Vietgirl_xoxo...
    She says:

"I have been suspended and I don't care if you beat my post count!! x]"

Lol :)

edited August 2009
    HelBelle wrote:
    She says:

She may not care, but I do! I personally don't enjoy having a high post count. It gives off the impression that I'm either a spammer or have no life or both. :(

Tell her I miss her and I hope she comes back!
  • McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My insane sims seem to vomit for no reason. Is this normal? They never get the Nauseous moodlet, the just all of a sudden need to yak. That's odd, right?

Cheers.

Mcbean
  • SweetestDrugSweetestDrug Posts: 5,406 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    HelBelle wrote:
    She says:

She may not care, but I do! I personally don't enjoy having a high post count. It gives off the impression that I'm either a spammer or have no life or both. :(

Tell her I miss her and I hope she comes back!
    *bursts into thread out of nowhere*
    guiyes, I will take... the highest.. post count!
    *stands in super hero stance*
    >.>
    edited August 2009
    Mcbean wrote:
    My insane sims seem to vomit for no reason. Is this normal? They never get the Nauseous moodlet, the just all of a sudden need to yak. That's odd, right?

Cheers.

Mcbean

Are you absolutely sure they aren't eating bad food? I've noticed sometimes when I have my sims eat leftovers, initially the leftovers are OK but once they take them out of the fridge, they turn bad, I don't notice and my sims eat it anyway, getting sick. I know it's sort of a bad timing scenario that may not be easily replicated, but it has happened a few times already.

Next time your sim gets sick, hover over the moodlet. All moodlets generally tell you what they are from. I've played quite a few insane sims and none of them have vomited for no reason yet.
  • McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Are you absolutely sure they aren't eating bad food? I've noticed sometimes when I have my sims eat leftovers, initially the leftovers are OK but once they take them out of the fridge, they turn bad, I don't notice and my sims eat it anyway, getting sick. I know it's sort of a bad timing scenario that may not be easily replicated, but it has happened a few times already.

Next time your sim gets sick, hover over the moodlet. All moodlets generally tell you what they are from. I've played quite a few insane sims and none of them have vomited for no reason yet.

I'm not sure of anything except tasty burritos, but I do know that no moodlets give me any hint as to why they are vomiting (when I noticed one running to the bathroom I checked all moodlets to see if it would tell me why, no dice). I just found this weird because the insane trait keeps getting passed down, or gets selected (I hit the random button whenever its time to select moodlets) and it's happened to two of my sims that are insane (that is the only common trait between them).

It may be that they are eating bad food and I'm just not noticing but I believe that shows up in the moodlets; however, I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.

Cheers.

Mcbean
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HaphronHaphron Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin I have a question,
    short4.jpg

I'm wondering....
    short5.jpg
    short7.jpg

wondering about EA's latest patch....
    short6.jpg

This is not my character, this is Reginald Sakemoto. In my game he spends alot of time in the park. (btw hes the only one in town walkin around with custom height)
    short2.jpg

Is this a new feature added to the game from the latest patch from EA? Custom height adjustment?
    If so I see no sliders available in the character creation screen.
    short3.jpg

Btw WelcomeBack, alot of ppl missed you on the forums :P
    short1.jpg
    all photos 640x480. I didnt want to break your thread.

and thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top