Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• Options
    alqubtanalqubtan Posts: 52 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :mrgreen:Every time I try to register my game , they tell me to write down a serial code .

So i wrote down the sims3 serial code and it doesnt work is there a problem :?: :!:
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    alqubtan wrote:
    :mrgreen:Every time I try to register my game , they tell me to write down a serial code .

So i wrote down the sims3 serial code and it doesnt work is there a problem :?: :!:

I cannot troubleshoot serial codes. Please email EA about it or refer to this help page.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bubb_12 wrote:
    randomly a single sim from two different households (not active) disappeared. They are still in the relationships area of my sims but i was just wondering... where did they go?

And one more thing, how could i get one of the disappeared sims to move in with me without marrying them?

Call them, invite them to your house then stalk them home. If they disappear into an empty lot, there is not much you can do about it. Either next time you invite them over to your house, ask them if they want to move in (high social relationship needed, usually appears under Friendly) or use testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on them and choose "add to household."
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ohai, Aarin.
    You thought I was gone, but in fact I am back to ask you another question.

I've heard some scary things about the most recent patch. My launcher keeps bugging me to download it, but I'm a little nervous about it.

In your super awesome opinion, should I download the new patch or not? I'm not worried about any of the issues people have had with mods, but I'm a little concerned about crashing and whatnot.

Sorry if someone has already asked this and I missed it

1.3 and 1.4 are exactly the same patch, if you didn't already know. I feel I must make this clear as yesterday, there seemed to be a decent amount of confusion about it.

I had no issues updating to 1.3. However, if you use indie stone mod, I would suggest staying with 1.27 as currently that mod is no longer being actively developed. Once you update to 1.3, you will no longer be able to use that mod until someone decides to fix it themselves.

Don't feel pressured to update to 1.3. If your game is working fine already, there may be no real point.

Just be sure to take out your mods folder, your resource.cfg folder (move 'em to your desktop), and make back-ups of your saves before updating. I have heard horror stories of the patch losing sims in save games and other things.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    anon42 wrote:
    I got to page 41 and did not see an answer, but I could have missed it.

I am trying a legacy. so, of course, my sim started with nothing. I have gradually been building up. I got a sink in the bathroom first. They were using this to wash dishes. Since then, I have been able to purchase a kitchen sink. But, they still keep going to the bathroom one to wash dishes. This has been causing the embarrassment moodlet thingy to come up as I still only have 1 bathroom and invariably someone is using it when someone comes in to wash a dish. I tried putting the sink in my inventory for a while so they only had the kitchen one and were forced to wash dishes there. But, when I put the bathroom one back, they returned to using that instead of in the kitchen.

I hope you can help and I haven't missed this answer already. Thanks.

Compare the cleanliness between the sink you put in the kitchen and the sink in the bathroom. Sims tend to use the best quality item for doing an action. I would suggest getting a dish washer whenever possible to prevent further embarrassment of your sims.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    what does beacomeing a partner do? for example if i were to click on the book store, one of the actions is "beacome a partner ($7000)". do i get or pay that amount? do i get any skills from doing this?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Boredguy wrote:
    what does beacomeing a partner do? for example if i were to click on the book store, one of the actions is "beacome a partner ($7000)". do i get or pay that amount? do i get any skills from doing this?

Becoming a partner buys out a certain portion of that business. Your sim gets a deed and every week will be able to visit that business and collect money.

You may also completely buy out a business, but the profit from doing so is minuscule unless you intend to keep that deed in the family for more than a generation.

As a full owner of a business, you may fire sims, rename the business, and collect a larger portion of money per weekk than if just a partner.
  • Options
    ilikeshellfishilikeshellfish Posts: 95 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aarin,

Is there a way to edit a sim outside of CAS? I know that I can go to the dresser to change their clothes, but is there a way to edit their hair/makeup/looks? I know that it can be done with awesomemod, but I was wondering if it can be done without any mods?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Aarin,

Is there a way to edit a sim outside of CAS? I know that I can go to the dresser to change their clothes, but is there a way to edit their hair/makeup/looks? I know that it can be done with awesomemod, but I was wondering if it can be done without any mods?

Hair and make-up can be edited at a mirror, under "change appearance."
  • Options
    ilikeshellfishilikeshellfish Posts: 95 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks, I don't know why I've never thought to click the mirror...
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin appears to be one of the coolest and most helpful simmers on this forum. Keep up the good work aarin you are awesome.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm sure there are more than enough people who are willing to disagree with you, atomic. 8)
  • Options
    hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thank you thank you thank you thank you!
    for including how to get back crashed games! :)
  • Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Dear Aarin,

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled my game because of the whole 1.3 patch fiasco. I want to redownload the first patch, but the only one avaiable in my launcher is 1.4. I only want the first patch, not 1.3 or 1.4. Is there any way to get patch numero uno without having to get the other ones?

Sincerely,
    Patchless in Canada
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Dear Aarin,

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled my game because of the whole 1.3 patch fiasco. I want to redownload the first patch, but the only one avaiable in my launcher is 1.4. I only want the first patch, not 1.3 or 1.4. Is there any way to get patch numero uno without having to get the other ones?

Sincerely,
    Patchless in Canada

Not from this website. 8) Given the eggshells I am constantly walking on, I will not link you to anywhere that does provide these things.
  • Options
    SmustleQueenSmustleQueen Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Dear Aarin,

Sincerely,
    Patchless in Canada

Not from this website. 8) Given the eggshells I am constantly walking on, I will not link you to anywhere that does provide these things.

Aw, okay :(. I'll have to live with the fact that ultra speed is ultra slow.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin
    I m sorry to bother you but I cant seem to get a answer from EA games
    or for that matter from anyone else so perhaps you have had someone else
    who gave you a answer to this question.

The Store Faqs state you can buy Cash Cards in North America and last I looked
    North America consisted of Canada and the United States. Im in Canada

I have tried EB Games, Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart and Safeway and none
    of them have heard of them nor have them showing up in their computers as being
    on order or coming in.
    As stated I tried EA games via email and they send automated answers that have
    absolutely nothing to do with my question which was above and now they just dont respond.

Have you seen anything that indicates where or if you can buy them in Canada
    as I dont use my Credit Card on the web Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    45rpm wrote:
    Hi Aarin
    I m sorry to bother you but I cant seem to get a answer from EA games
    or for that matter from anyone else so perhaps you have had someone else
    who gave you a answer to this question.

The Store Faqs state you can buy Cash Cards in North America and last I looked
    North America consisted of Canada and the United States. Im in Canada

I have tried EB Games, Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart and Safeway and none
    of them have heard of them nor have them showing up in their computers as being
    on order or coming in.
    As stated I tried EA games via email and they send automated answers that have
    absolutely nothing to do with my question which was above and now they just dont respond.

Have you seen anything that indicates where or if you can buy them in Canada
    as I dont use my Credit Card on the web Thanks

I know for a fact both Best Buy and Walmart have the cards. Whether or not they are in your own local stores is an entirely different beast and should be taken up with the locations near you and neither EA nor myself.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry to bother you.
    wont happen again
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    45rpm wrote:
    Sorry to bother you.
    wont happen again

You're not bothering me! There is just nothing I can do to help your problem. It's an issue between the distributors of the cards and the stores themselves. :(
  • Options
    PandiiePandiie Posts: 97 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I took a Sims Break and when I came back (after the patch) my Sim wouldn't use the dishwasher or trash compactor. It'll go up to the trash look at it, have a bubble with a crossed out counter, and drop the trash. Same with the plate and the dishwasher. I'm using all real flat counters, no islands. Don't know what's up! But it's really frustrating. D;
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pandiie wrote:
    I took a Sims Break and when I came back (after the patch) my Sim wouldn't use the dishwasher or trash compactor. It'll go up to the trash look at it, have a bubble with a crossed out counter, and drop the trash. Same with the plate and the dishwasher. I'm using all real flat counters, no islands. Don't know what's up! But it's really frustrating. D;

After which patch? 1.27? 1.3? 1.4?

Have you tried moving the dishwasher/trash compactor out into the middle of the room then trying? Have you tried deleting them and buying a new one? Does this occur with other households or just this one? Have you tried resetsim firstname lastname? Have you hopped on one foot whilst touching your nose and reciting the National Anthem outloud?
  • Options
    PandiiePandiie Posts: 97 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Haha, sorry. Not used to asking questions. Patch 1.4 I have tried deleting and rebuying. I haven't tried moving it into the middle, I'll do that in a second. But even so, I wouldn't want a dishwasher in the middle of the room. D; It happens with just this household, but the setup is different with my other households of course.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pandiie wrote:
    Haha, sorry. Not used to asking questions. Patch 1.4 I have tried deleting and rebuying. I haven't tried moving it into the middle, I'll do that in a second. But even so, I wouldn't want a dishwasher in the middle of the room. D; It happens with just this household, but the setup is different with my other households of course.

Well, I simply suggest moving it out into the middle of the room to decide whether it is a pathing issue or not.
  • Options
    isabellawhatevaisabellawhateva Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm. I don't think I will download it then. I don't have any real problems with my game except that my sound hasn't been working lately (I've checked my settings, reset them to default, and all my speakers are working fine so I don't know what the heck is up)
    I didn't read anything in the patch description about fixing sound problems. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top