Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Valley Falls I have it done.Now on the Exchange...

Comments

• Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited February 2013
    mmoblitz wrote:
    I haven't tried the version you just posted, but the version I'm testing with doesn't have the bridge either. I will DL the version you put up and try it out.

Could be that it was deleted when the file was fixed so it would install.

Update: This latest version doesn't show any bridges for me. Not sure what's going on. I'm going to continue testing.
    :)Thanks mmoblitz i may have to change them.Thair is somthing eles that i want to try and see if i can get it to work with them in.I will test it then let you know if it will work.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    Good morning HturnerP, and yes I did re-upload the new version you posted before my reply last night. I was hoping it was just me, since I am still on 1.47
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Good morning HturnerP, and yes I did re-upload the new version you posted before my reply last night. I was hoping it was just me, since I am still on 1.47
    :)Thanks tammyjo i don't think it is because of the patch i did get it to save again without having to remove the files that were attaching to the world file.so i think i mite have fixed that problem.can you still test this version and see if there is any more things that need fixed then i can try and get them all done at once and try see if the bridge are fixed to.Now that it seams to be saving without attaching any files to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    HI sorry for being MIA most of the day .. I will try to test tomorrow evening ... I have a play date with my GD .. she is 3 and has been asking for me all week.. so I promised to spend the afternoon with her :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    HI sorry for being MIA most of the day .. I will try to test tomorrow evening ... I have a play date with my GD .. she is 3 and has been asking for me all week.. so I promised to spend the afternoon with her :D
    :)No problem i had some things to do today so i did not do to much testing ether.Have fun with your GD.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi it's early and I couldn't sleep so I re-uploaded your world from the page 1 link this morning and took a quick peek and the bridges are still missing ??
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Hi it's early and I couldn't sleep so I re-uploaded your world from the page 1 link this morning and took a quick peek and the bridges are still missing ??
    :)Thanks tammyjo i think i will upload a new one later.I seem to have fixed the files from attaching to the world.So i think i will do a bit more work on the world and then i will upload after i check and see if the files wont get attached to it I think they are what is casing the bridges to not show.
    PS... I did fined a problem with one of the lots that i had not finish the bath room so i did fix that.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi HturnerP, I'll check back later this evening to see if you have the new version uploaded. Have fun with your revisions!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :)Hi i think i have fixed the files that wear attaching to the world i checked it with custard and they wear not there.I put the link on the first post I think i got all the lots named let me know if you fined any that are not.let me know if the beach sinkholes are fixed to.I did lower the water so i think i have got them fixed to.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I uploaded your new version tonight but sadly the bridges are still missing for me :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    I uploaded your new version tonight but sadly the bridges are still missing for me :(
    :)Thanks tammyjo i guess i have to do something different with the bridges.I don't know why thay wont work thay work in my game but i think i cant fix them so i will just have to do something else.Is the barn showing up by the old house by the swamp.As it was in the riverview map to.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If you mean the blue barn over by the hay bales and abandoned house then yes it shows up just fine, but all the RV bridges are still missing.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    If you mean the blue barn over by the hay bales and abandoned house then yes it shows up just fine, but all the RV bridges are still missing.
    :)Yes thats the one so i gess thats good.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :)Can you test and see if the kids get homework i have been playing for a few days and they have not got any. :(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2013
    HturnerP, just wanted to warn you that putting a punctuation marks in your title - if you use that in the world as a title, it can keep users from being able to revisit the world in a save. so you might want to change that title to version 006 or 06 just don't use the period or any other punctuation as the mechanics of the game uses a machine language (C++) and symbols of punctuation is often misinterpetted by computers as meaning something else. We have had a lot of encounters with being unable to visit a test world a second visit because our pcs see that as a corrupt of unusable save. You are probably really lucky you have not encountered that already - but at least if testers do or you can't enter your own world, you will know why.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hey if the kids are not getting any homework that means they are not able to get to school - so that could be another indication your bridges are not working, even if you see them - the game may not. Watch it, as even if the bridges don't function the social worker can still appear and take your sims kids away if the kids fail at school.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Hey if the kids are not getting any homework that means they are not able to get to school - so that could be another indication your bridges are not working, even if you see them - the game may not. Watch it, as even if the bridges don't function the social worker can still appear and take your sims kids away if the kids fail at school.
    :)I did check to see if they were getting in they do seam to be waiting in line before getting in.So it seems to be something else.I did change the Bridges and i am testing it now they seem to work now.
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    HturnerP, just wanted to warn you that putting a punctuation marks in your title - if you use that in the world as a title, it can keep users from being able to revisit the world in a save. so you might want to change that title to version 006 or 06 just don't use the period or any other punctuation as the mechanics of the game uses a machine language (C++) and symbols of punctuation is often misinterpetted by computers as meaning something else. We have had a lot of encounters with being unable to visit a test world a second visit because our pcs see that as a corrupt of unusable save. You are probably really lucky you have not encountered that already - but at least if testers do or you can't enter your own world, you will know why.
    I did not know about this i just put it in the description not wear i have the name.Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hi HturnerP, sorry I was MIA yesterday ... I had a massive headache, but feel much better today and am ready for testing when you have your next version ready :D.

ETA: I think you asked about homework too .. I did not have any problems with any sims doing homework or asking for help with homework. This seemed to work just fine for me and I played several different families without any homework problem ... sometimes a family just needs to be re-set to fix this glitch ... I have had it happen and usually evicting them and then moving them back in to their home usually fixes it... or try emptying your cache files.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Hi HturnerP, sorry I was MIA yesterday ... I had a massive headache, but feel much better today and am ready for testing when you have your next version ready :D.

ETA: I think you asked about homework too .. I did not have any problems with any Sims doing homework or asking for help with homework. This seemed to work just fine for me and I played several different families without any homework problem ... sometimes a family just needs to be re-set to fix this glitch ... I have had it happen and usually evicting them and then moving them back in to their home usually fixes it... or try emptying your cache files.
    :)Thanks tammyjo329 i had a chance to do some work on it i changed the bridges and i did get the homework problem fixed to so now we only need to check and see if there are any more problems with it.I have been playing it for a bit and i did not fined any thing so far.I did see a problem with the road by one of the subways as it was showing the grass but i got it fixed to.And i did not fined the sinkholes at the beaches so i think that is done to.I have been getting some freezing to but only when i first start to play.So i need to fined out what could be causing it.Let me know if you are having the same thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am downloading now and will spend the evening testing for you ... just gonna go grab some dinner and a cold drink and I'll be ready to settle back in to Valley Falls :wink:

ETA: been playing for 2 hours without any issues ...I just found a road tear ... it's in front of the Berry Rd Sub Station ...usually this is caused when a lot is on top of the road ... it is usually easy to fix by adjusting the lot placement slightly. It looks like the sub station just needs to be moved back a bit so that the street/sidewalk is not overlapping the front of it.

OK going back in ... I'll play for a few more hours ... everything seem to run fine .. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

ETA: I played for a total of 6 hours and all played well. It was just slightly slugish almost unnoticable except the changing camera angles seemed a bit stiff every once in a while ...but seemed to smooth out nicely as the longer I played.... I could not see any reason for it ... but the first household I played little Betty Ward was stuck in the sand box ... not sure why as nothing was blocking her ... I reset her and never had any more problems with her.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :)Thanks tammyjo I'll check the subway and fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Your welcome ... do you need me to look at anything else specifically? It seems pretty much complete... or maybe if anyone else is testing we can see how they are doing?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Your welcome ... do you need me to look at anything else specifically? It seems pretty much complete... or maybe if anyone else is testing we can see how they are doing?
    :)I Don't know do you think i have forgot anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It looks really good to me ... I just thought you might want more than one persons input incase I missed something while testing :D
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited February 2013
    Finally got some time to play your newest version. Bridges are there for me, so grats on fixing that. :D

I took my sim to Old Bridge Park to do some swimming and fishing. No problems there, but when I told him to visit an area on the opposite side of the river, instead of going back up the stairs and crossing the bridge, he ran to the base of the bridge and walked into the water and disappeared under the water still walking. I finally had to reset him to get him back.

I haven't found anything else in this version. It lags a bit now and then, can't see a reason for it, but runs very smooth most of the time.

Looking good!