Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Valley Falls I have it done.Now on the Exchange...

Comments

• Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited January 2013
    HturnerP wrote:
    mmoblitz wrote:
    This might sound like a dumb question, but after you export your world from CAW did you try a fresh install of your world via the launcher? I have seen this problem before with worlds and something had happened to the file when it was exported.

Since it appears I'm not the only one with the issue, you may want to try exporting it again and then try to install it like you normally would and see if it works for you.
    :)Hi mmoblitz I did do as you said and it seems to be working i will upload this one but i don't think i will put it in a zip file.So i will post the new link when i have it uploaded.
    PS.I am downloading something right now so it mite be a little wile before i have it up.As my Internet isn't the best but it should not be to long.It will be today.
    PPS. Do you have Riverview as i did use some stuff from it to so you will have to have it to.

Yes I have Riverview. I will check back later this evening or tomorrow and see if you have it up. Hopefully it will install this time. Looking forward to testing it. :-)
  • Options
    HturnerPHturnerP Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited January 2013
    :)Got the link up I hope it will work now.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Got it downloaded, but the same problem. I really don't know what to do now. Everything is patched to the latest so I have no idea. I hope someone else has some luck. It looks like a really nice world and was looking forward to trying it out.

I will follow this thread to see if anyone else has any luck.
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited January 2013
    I figured it out, it's not the World file that has problems it's the other files connected to the World file.

VF1.jpg

I ran the World file through Custard and had Custard removed everything but the World file.

VF2.jpg

VF3.jpg

I then ran the World file through Compressorizer

Before

VF5.jpg

After

VF6.jpg

Then tried to Install it in the Launcher an it worked fine. I can upload the fixed version if you want Turner.

VF7.jpg

I don't think the files attached were any, big thing but sometimes silly things can cause this problem. We all know how touchy Sims 3 can be over just about anything.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I figured it out, it's not the World file that has problems it's the other files connected to the World file. I ran the World file through Custard and had Custard removed everything but the World file. I then ran the World file through Compressorizer and then tried to Install it in the Launcher an it worked fine. I can upload the fixed version if you want Turner.
    :)Yes if you don't mined That would be a grate help.I forgot to run it through Custard I don't have the other program that you mentioned do you have a link to it so i can get it so i can get it uploaded if i have to fix it.Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here is the fixed Valley Falls for you Hturner and others http://www.mediafire.com/?egcswa7jtr8ac38

and here is the tool I used

http://www.mediafire.com/?j94z1jex6j4b1a6

I use an older version but it does all I need so it should be fine for you. When you get that error about updating your game or can not install something as your game needs updated, run the files through this tool, it should fix such issues for you.I'm glad I could be of some help for you, now I'm off to try out your amazing World. :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :)Thanks Illyianna2005 I put the link on the first post. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :)Ha! aneyone try it yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here is the fixed Valley Falls for you Hturner and others http://www.mediafire.com/?egcswa7jtr8ac38

Thank you for the fix!

I got it installed and will try it out over the next couple days. I will report back and let you know how it went.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :)Thanks mmoblitz I'm glad it finale worked for you.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Played through one sim week so far and no problems to report. :-) I will keep testing and let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi HturnerP, I also have 1 sim week in and am on my 4th household. Everything is playing very smoothly. I finally sent a sim to the beach when I found this ... and I have never seen this anywhere before ... but I seem to have found a sink hole on your beach or rather next to beach as you inter the water to swim ... here is a video of this strange glitch:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=442936

so far every thing else seem to run very smoothly ... gonna play a few more sim weeks and checkout the rest of the houses and families and will let you know how it goes.

Love the beaches they are georgous!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    Hi HturnerP, I also have 1 sim week in and am on my 4th household. Everything is playing very smoothly. I finally sent a sim to the beach when I found this ... and I have never seen this anywhere before ... but I seem to have found a sink hole on your beach or rather next to beach as you inter the water to swim ... here is a video of this strange glitch:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=442936

so far every thing else seem to run very smoothly ... gonna play a few more sim weeks and checkout the rest of the houses and families and will let you know how it goes.

Love the beaches they are georgous!
    :)Thanks tammyjo i'll chack it out and see if i can fix it will let you know.Thanks mmoblitz.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you do not need the video anymore I will go ahead and delete it.

I found the same problem on the fishing spot lot beach area over by the stadium. It does not have a name but also has a sink hole when swimming... I think I know why ... but I am not sure, though I noticed the water goes up over the lot bounderies. In order to swim the water can not be on lot and is why we can not swim in ponds we build... also note when I had him go all the way off the lot and enter the water from a different spot he swam just fine. ... so you might try just adjusting the water level there so that there is a small amount(or a bit more) of land between the lot and the water.

I have 21/2 sims weeks in with only minimal lag, actually I noticed the lag appeared during playing the newberry family and disappeared when I switched families ... so not sure what that was about ... I did not notice any seeds in their inventories or anything..?? Other than that everything looks great :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm still playing and I just have to say your parks, fishing holes, beaches, and swamp areas are just beautiful I love them all. I did find an area over by the swamp where the street lamps are floating in the air though ... here is a pic.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've also been playing this World and I love it, no lag, it runs smoothly. I've had no issues just some lot's need to be named that's all I've seen.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I've also been playing this World and I love it, no lag, it runs smoothly. I've had no issues just some Lot's need to be named that's all I've seen.
    :)Thanks Illyianna i have not named all the lots yet as it is only in testing so when i do have the final one i will have theme all named.
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    I'm still playing and I just have to say your parks, fishing holes, beaches, and swamp areas are just beautiful I love them all. I did find an area over by the swamp where the street lamps are floating in the air though ... here is a pic.
    Thanks tammyjo i did try to fix the problem but it did not work yet but i did not know about the water issue i will try what you said and let you know if it will work.Do you have riverview i used the bridge from it so if you don't have it that is why you have the floating lights.but i will check and see if i have them and will fix theme to.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    yes I have riverview... but this picture does not show a bridge just a man made bridge from the road ... so not sure ... is there supposed to be a bridge here in this pic? ... and yes I do have riverview loaded.

hmmm sounds like I may have a weird glitch in my game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    :)Is this the bridge you are tacking about.It should be like this in the game.
    screenshotfnd.jpg"width=600"
    If not then i don't know why it isn't Thare.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    well that sure looks like a bridge I do not have in your world ... I fired up riverview and it certainly is there ... but not in your world :(

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still no bridge!! ... The last time I made sure to delete my cache files including the world cache and my game save for this world and still no bridge ...

maybe we should ask the other testers if this bridge shows up in their game!

(ohh I did install from your link on the 1st page - this is the correct download isn't it? -- if not what page is it it on!)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    well that sure looks like a bridge I do not have in your world ... I fired up riverview and it certainly is there ... but not in your world :(

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and still no bridge!! ... The last time I made sure to delete my cache files including the world cache and my game save for this world and still no bridge ...

maybe we should ask the other testers if this bridge shows up in their game!

(ohh I did install from your link on the 1st page - this is the correct download isn't it? -- if not what page is it it on!)
    :)Yes it is i have it in my game but maybe when Illyianna fixed the file thay got deleted to.I could upload the one i have in my game and see if it will be in it.I expert it a different way so i could see if it will work for you.
    PS...I am uploading it now Will have the link up when it is done.If it dose not have the bridges in it i think i mite have to redo them a different way.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :)OK so i have the new world file up i put the link on the first post.Can you check and see if the riverview bridges are in the world.I have them in my game but there seams to be a problem with them not showing up when they are installed on a different computer.pleas let me know if they are working for you.Thanks.
    PS...I think i have fixed the other things that wear found and i put the subways on a lot they are still in the same place as they were in before.
    I did add a few more trees and other plants in to near some of the lots.I have been playing it and their dose not seam to be any other problems with it yet.But i will test some more.If there is a problem with the bridges i mite have to change them.Pleas let me know if you have some ideas as to how i could change them.I know other world builders are having problems using some of the other bridges so i don't want to use something that will case a new problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    the bridge is still missing for me :( ... lets see if others are missing it too or not ... maybe it is just me ?? I am still playing on 1.47 and have not yet updated to 1.48

• Options
    edited February 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    the bridge is still missing for me :( ... lets see if others are missing it too or not ... maybe it is just me ?? I am still playing on 1.47 and have not yet updated to 1.48
    :)Hi did you download the new file and check it.I put it on the first post.It is the first link.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I haven't tried the version you just posted, but the version I'm testing with doesn't have the bridge either. I will DL the version you put up and try it out.

Could be that it was deleted when the file was fixed so it would install.

Update: This latest version doesn't show any bridges for me. Not sure what's going on. I'm going to continue testing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on