Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hide the fact that you play the Sims?

Comments

• Options
    luvzluvz Posts: 204 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Handman50 wrote:
    It would be illogical to hide your interest for the Sims, if you do not feel confortable playing the Sims, do not play it at all.

Why must those who are open about it be so judgmental?

It isn't illogical to hide your interest in the Sims. That doesn't even make sense. It is logical to hide your interest in the Sims as long as there is a possible advantage. That advantage could be a multitude of things varying from person to person. It does not matter in the slightest if you agree with the possible advantages. If an advantage exists, it can be logical to hide interest. I suggest you take an intro course in Philosophy of Logic before you add the term "illogical" to your argumentative arsenal.

Don't judge us. The Sims community in general is probably the best online community I've experienced. Don't taint its "family atmosphere" with judgment of your own people.
  • Options
    SimSevenSimSeven Posts: 738 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i dont see why it matters.
  • Options
    JecrellJecrell Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2009
    I might feign ignorance on some things, but The Sims is not one of them.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SimSeven wrote:
    i dont see why it matters.

It doesn't. I meant this thread to be a fun way for us "closet" simmers to laugh at ourselves and the ways we try to hide it. I didn't expect the community to respond with implications that I have personality deficiencies.
  • Options
    blondy8394blondy8394 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh I definitely do, to some extent. My family and my boyfriend know, and they think its funny, but I do hide it from my roommates in college...they definitely would think its weird lol
  • Options
    Truce252Truce252 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol. no i don't care.. and ian... so funny haha
  • Options
    SimsSims Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sort of. I mean if someone called me and asked what I was doing I wouldn't say playing the sims! But I wouldn't hide the fact that I was playing it if someone caught me.
  • Options
    SchndlPlayerSchndlPlayer Posts: 741 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not really. Though my parents get mad when I play it a lot, so I sometimes go hide in my room and play it.
  • Options
    grinsgrins Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nah, everyone knows I play. I do hide the fact that I like MMOs, though ;) Hehe...just kidding. Now, I don't freely admit just how LONG I play, though.
  • Options
    leknifjpleknifjp Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am. Not to my family and the people who know I have played it but to my friends I never talk about it. I'm secretly a nerd but I hang out with the "cool" group at school most of the time. I also have a secret harry potter obsession that none of them know about. :]
  • Options
    Talim27Talim27 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My husband and a select few friends know about my addiction to the sims, however the rest of the world doesnt even know I ever played it. And to those people I would be ashamed lol

• Options
    nellyroth189nellyroth189 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I told pretty much all my friends that it was coming out and that I had it.
    Some of them even play or have played one of them.
    At the store my younger sister was talking to the cashier about it!
    The day before it came out, I could not hid my excitement!

I am a high schooler but my non friends don't know....

I do wish I had a friend I would share my sims with and compare things with. The Sims sometimes take over my life.
  • Options
    meroninemeronine Posts: 91 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha, no, not at all. I actually had a discussion about it today with two of my male coworkers. However, I DO work at a game studio... XD
  • Options
    RegoRego Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hell no. I don't care if I get called childish. I look at it as research.
  • Options
    tilly040tilly040 Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When I bought the game on release day I "mentioned" to the clerk how much my granddaughter will like it,......that part is true, but I haven't told my granddaughter that I even have the game yet!

She loves to make sims :D and I love to build houses :mrgreen:!

I will tell her I have the game in a few weeks time!
  • Options
    alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't hide my addiction to the game. If I could afford to replace every T-shirt I own with Sims-related shirts, I totally would.

If I had traits like in S3, I'd be a Loner Sim, yet when I meet other Simmers, I talk to them FOR HOURS (literally) about the game. I'm also a big tomboy, but I turn into a giggling schoolgirl when I talk about it.

The ONE THING about my addiction that I absolutely HATE?

EXPLAINING THE GAME TO OTHER PEOPLE.

My friend Jay's reaction:
    "Can you shoot the other Sims?"
    "Um, no."
    "Can you steal their stuff?"
    "No. Well, sometimes you can steal their garden gnomes, but.."
    "So what's the point?"
    *long silence on my part* "It's FUN. Really." (then, inspiration strikes) "You can make them have sex!"
    "Oh, really? Is it graphic?"
    "Um.. no.. it's mostly just moving sheets and giggling. But it's really, really funny!"

Needless to say, Jay didn't ditch GTA: San Andreas for this game.

I can honestly say, this is the ONLY game I have EVER played continuously for more than an hour. It's the only game I've ever played for days on end. It's the only game I've ever learned the names of developers and creators, and counted down the days to release, and really tried to find out everything I possibly can about the game.

This is why I find it funny so many people are like "omg 🐸🐸🐸🐸 this game sux!!!11!" - I am such a devoted fan that I'm willing to overlook minor problems (and hope that they get fixed in the future) because, well, this IS the current incarnation of the game.

Oh, and I should mention that my husband, who previously hated playing the game and enjoyed building homes and creating Sims for me to play, has been playing his own custom family for the past two days straight. This is the first version of Sims he's actually enjoyed *playing* more than creating. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    tilly040 wrote:
    When I bought the game on release day I "mentioned" to the clerk how much my granddaughter will like it,......that part is true, but I haven't told my granddaughter that I even have the game yet!

She loves to make sims :D and I love to build houses :mrgreen:!

I will tell her I have the game in a few weeks time!

Haha, that's the way to do it.
  • Options
    AlphafatAlphafat Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol, im 14 and i told my freinds about sims 3, of course not girls, they mostly thing guys who play video games are weird, i got a couple hardcore games (halo 3 and stuff) into sims 3, i loved sims since the first one came out
  • Options
    katgib13katgib13 Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2009
    Nah, I'm not in the closet. Almost everyone who knows me knows I love my sims!
  • Options
    puddlejumppuddlejump Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Nope, everyone knows I play. BTW, I'm 60. Like to build houses and make Sims.
  • Options
    aquarian93aquarian93 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess I kinda felt a little ashamed when I went to the store on release day@ 12 am, but then i saw a whole bunch of other people who were like 30 years older than I am getting ready to attack the sales clerk because they couldnt find the game on the sales rack when it was actually being sold up front at the cash register. LOL.
  • Options
    SynnSoonSynnSoon Posts: 103 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha, no way. I've been playing this game since I was nine (The original Sims game.) I'm nineteen now. I'm to thank or blame, whatever you want to call it, for introducing the game to all of my family and a fair share of my friends. ^.^

No shame in my game!
  • Options
    PinkGoldfishPinkGoldfish Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm 32 and have been a fan since Sims 1 came out. My neice makes fun of me all the time because I get so wrapped up in playing, but she loves the silly sim stories I tell her.

My daughter is 11 and also a huge fan. Being the mean Momma that I am, I still haven't told her I have 3 yet just because I refuse to share. LMAO When we get her a comp. that will run 3, I will just buy her a copy of her own. Like I said, I refuse to share. LOL
  • Options
    sunshinejenn03sunshinejenn03 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I work for an IT company, so you can imagine the geek factor there. I'm also one of two woman in the whole company. The guys pick on me but it's all in good fun. They've played Call of Duty 4 & 5 with me on xbox live and I've taken their money in the last two Hold 'Em tournaments.
    I'm a total gamer and I love gadgets too. I'm currently playing my journalist sim on my MacBook while I post this from my iphone. =D
    ccdedef9-211b-4e2c-bb1f-e55a0b05f020.jpg
  • Options
    JubileeJubilee Posts: 129 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't hide it but I see your POV. I put one of the stickers from the .99 Target thing on my car