Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hide the fact that you play the Sims?

luvzluvz Posts: 204 New Member
I bought the game release day. I asked them for a bag but it was slightly translucent (paranoid), so when I got home, I wrapped it in my sweatshirt so my roommates wouldn't see it. I play with the door locked and headphones. Have probably played like 20 hours so far.

I'm 23 and live with 3 others 22-25. It's more or less a party house and one of my roommates is my ex girlfriend. Don't want her to think that while she's moved onto other guys, I've moved on to a virtual doll house. :] There's people here all the time. Definitely don't let them ever see me play it or ever talk about it.

Anyone else a wee bit bashful about their Sim addiction?

Comments

• Options
    TantanTantan Posts: 110 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No? What is there to be ashamed about? It's a video game.. a number one best seller at that fact. I don't care what others think of me.. and I'm not gonna change myself for others. If you're ashamed of who you are or what you do.. then I'm sorry, it's pretty pathetic.
  • Options
    IanCIanC Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes. I do. Total closeted sims player.

And yet, I'm g.a.y. and don't care who knows about that. Go figure.
  • Options
    aj12skiaj12ski Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    *Guiltily raises hand*

hehe, I'm in high school... it's a tad wierd...
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am a sales & marketing manager at a hotel. I have the Sims 3 poster that came with my Sims 3 Prima guide tacked up above my desk at work, I am also using my Sims 3 mouse pad at work, and everyone at work has seen my PlumBob USB stick! No, I'm not bashful.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    I hid the fact that I bought TS3 for the first 19 or so hours from my spouse. Why? Not that I'm ashamed, he knows I have all of the sims and xpacks (except for a couple of them) but rather because I spouted off how I would let others test it for EA and that I wouldn't be their guinea pig (again), so I didn't want him to know that I bought it just yet.

I finally gave up hiding the fact and let him know that I am a guinea pig again for EA with TS3, he just laughed.
  • Options
    GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    No not me... but that is probably for two reasons.. one I am female and it's probably more accepted and two.. I have a knack for not caring what people think.. I cause myself far more embarrassment then gaming haha
  • Options
    Erica1981Erica1981 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am a sales & marketing manager at a hotel. I have the Sims 3 poster that came with my Sims 3 Prima guide tacked up above my desk at work, I am also using my Sims 3 mouse pad at work, and everyone at work has seen my PlumBob USB stick! No, I'm not bashful.

You are too funny!!
  • Options
    tbatchtbatch Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I kinda feel the same. However I blurted out how excited I was for Sims 3 and now everyone knows.. :D

None of my friends are really that interested in The Sims like I am, so I see them getting more and more bored as I speak to them about it. Rr well there just going to have to live with it. Mwhaha :wink:
  • Options
    xSeanZxxSeanZx Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I could care less that peope know I play the Sims 3. I am open about playing World of Warcraft.

I have a beautiful girlfriend I have been with for 9 months now (I have known her since 4th grade), and this last season I played on the varsity football team and had around 60 catches, over 800 yards and ten touchdowns.

Playing video games doesn't have to be negative. It is just a part of our lives.
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's just a game. Made for entertainment... It doesn't have a label as to who should play it, just play it, and if they judge you tell them something back. haha. I tell my friends I play it when they bring games up as a topic,
  • Options
    warholasoupwarholasoup Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh, man! I totally do!

Just from my boyfriend, though. He would make the biggest hooplah over it. I would never hear the end of it! Haha :)
  • Options
    mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I am totally a closet player. Only my really close friends that have seen the games in my room and my family know. lol. I'm in highschool what can I say. :)
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    actually, I don't hid it, it means I am still a kid inside of me.
    I am not that old anyways.
  • Options
    IanCIanC Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im a 27 yo male who plays The Sims 3 and watches football.
  • Options
    inkheart27inkheart27 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :)LOL That's funny. No-not me. I've been going "it's sim-thirty" at work all day today and yesterday. LOL So how does living with your ex work? Sounds complicated.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Tantan wrote:
    No? What is there to be ashamed about? It's a video game.. a number one best seller at that fact. I don't care what others think of me.. and I'm not gonna change myself for others. If you're ashamed of who you are or what you do.. then I'm sorry, it's pretty pathetic.

I'm not changing myself for others. I am playing the Sims after all. There are plenty of reasons why people might be discreet about playing the Sims. Calling me pathetic is pathetic in itself. Not everyone understands these games to the degree that we do and who am I or you to say that they should? I don't understand plenty of things other people do. I don't require them to broadcast or publicize those activities and I can't guarantee that if I did, I'd understand them or care to. That does not make anyone pathetic.
  • Options
    missaznkalimissaznkali Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, I openly talk about how awesome it is!

I'm only 21... I grew up playing the sims as a kid!
  • Options
    canadianduck55canadianduck55 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the Sims and have been playing off and on since Sims 1 came out.I am almost 26 now and I love it and play it all the time! My brother and sister and I live together and our ages range from 20 - 26 and we all like playing. My problem is I don't have a clock in my computer room and i play wayyyy too long haha.

ALSO, i make Sims based on my friends and family and just don't tell them. lol, fun times!

Enjoy Sims 3 everyone, i sure am ;)
  • Options
    SimianKateSimianKate Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Everyone pretty much knows that I play, but I did make my husband promise to not tell his parents that I bought the game. We rent our house from them, we're broke, and I spent our precious cash on TS3...

And then he told them. Brat. He thinks he's hilarious.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    inkheart27 wrote:
    :)LOL That's funny. No-not me. I've been going "it's sim-thirty" at work all day today and yesterday. LOL So how does living with your ex work? Sounds complicated.

Anything you can imagine that would be bad about living with your ex is probably completely accurate and as far as I can tell, there are no advantages.

My fault for going after a roomie, but I wouldn't take it back. Just got to pay the price afterward. :]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey,

I'm not judging you guys who are open about it so don't judge me. I didn't hide it either when I was living with my best friend or my parents.

I just want to see who else out there are closet players so we can laugh at ourselves and know there are others like us. :]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    luvz wrote:
    Hey,

I'm not judging you guys who are open about it so don't judge me. I didn't hide it either when I was living with my best friend or my parents.

I just want to see who else out there are closet players so we can laugh at ourselves and know there are others like us. :]

I don't judge.. too each is their own. I own and play every console/pc you can imagine. I play everything from The Sims, rpgs, mmo's to fps.. Hey I even rp'd on Lord of the rings Online.. if it's not embarrassing enough that I actually played the game, the rp should be real geek alert lol
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    IanC wrote:
    Yes. I do. Total closeted sims player.

And yet, I'm g.a.y. and don't care who knows about that. Go figure.

Wow.

How long did it take you to be open about being g.a.y?

Maybe somewhere down the road, you will be open about being a simaholic. :P
  • Options
    ValkMissileValkMissile Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know what you mean. I love simulation games, and some of them are a little embarrassing to admit to playing (Virtual Villagers, I'm looking at you). But I'm generally quite open with the games I play.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I know what you mean. I love simulation games, and some of them are a little embarrassing to admit to playing (Virtual Villagers, I'm looking at you). But I'm generally quite open with the games I play.

HAHAHA I played that on my ipod touch... I just loved waking up in the morning and checking on them!