Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hide the fact that you play the Sims?

Comments

• Options
    SnickSnackSnickSnack Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah well i try to, here i am playing sims and my sister is playing counter-strike source..
  • Options
    kokakola3290kokakola3290 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Totally a closet simmer! haha I'm in college it's so not a social norm for me to be playing sims lol it's like playing barbies when you're in middle school (which i did also haha)
  • Options
    lilsimmerlisalilsimmerlisa Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Totally a closet simmer! haha I'm in college it's so not a social norm for me to be playing sims lol it's like playing barbies when you're in middle school (which i did also haha)

ha ha!! I did too! I was just thinking the other day that the Sims is like playing Barbies, just way cooler houses, and more realistic! Haha, thats so funny.

I dont tell everybody, but my family makes fun of me for playing it hours on end. My sister and I share stories about our funny families.
  • Options
    revoxirrevoxir Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    meh, no i dont care, my other friend loves the sims 2, its his fav game. so w/e its a fun game so i tell other about it
  • Options
    RuyoayoRuyoayo Posts: 113 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly it's about the only game that I am honest about. I had an easier time walking in and picking up The Sims than I do "acceptable" games for males. I didn't even think of lying about who I was buying it for while any time I go pick up the latest shooter I'm thinking about which cousin it's for.

I don't have any friends interested in the game, so I don't really bring it up. Although I did get my brother addicted to Plants vs Zombies, so maybe I should bring it up sometimes.
  • Options
    ahnnajadeahnnajade Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    Honestly it's about the only game that I am honest about. I had an easier time walking in and picking up The Sims than I do "acceptable" games for males. I didn't even think of lying about who I was buying it for while any time I go pick up the latest shooter I'm thinking about which cousin it's for.

Oh gah! You do that too ;D

I was most certainly not looking at people's faces when I had to go get some WoW EP at the store. My mum is usually with me when I pick up sims games though, as she's all avid like me, so... taking mommy to the store with me to buy video games presses me down into that 'no point in even bothering to be cool' zone.

I think to sum it up we all just have social issues that we will hopefully grow out of at some point xD
  • Options
    CapboCapbo Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh and I brought my game guide into work to read during much of my down time at the day care but I tried to hide the cover as much as possible. It's one thing to play another to be so into it you can't resist reading the game guide!

Thats awesome!! Haha! I read the guide when I was in the hospital getting a treatment done the day the game came out, my husband dropped the game off to me on his lunch hour. I told the nurses that I was so excited about getting the game!

lol! its been funny reading these!

LOVE the sims!!! I dont hide it! :)
  • Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 2009
    Why hide it? You sim, I sim, we all sim! :D
  • Options
    TackyVintageTackyVintage Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm 18 and just graduated high school and when I get into college I'm still going to be found playing it in my dorm.

I don't think anyone should hide playing the sims. It's just a life sim and heck everyone lives life. I've never found it to be like playing dolls.
  • Options
    DarrinDarrin Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Even the media jokes about how many women enjoy the game; they kinda imply that the game if thus effeminate. :roll:

Not so! :twisted:

Where else can you steal candy from babies, kill your spouse just to see her ghost, have a baby with that ghostky wife, beat up strangers you meet in the park, or seduce women to impregnate then kick out of your household?
  • Options
    CapboCapbo Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009

I started playing the sims at my cousins house when it first came out (the first sims) never got the game for myself, only because I was never big into gaming. but I LOVED playing it! Many years after that (it was about 2 years ago) I was at a friends house hanging out, & another friend brought her sims2 game over & the 3 of us played it for like 4 or 5 hours. The next week I finally bought my first sims game!!! I got the sims2 deluxe edition & the university expansion pack! Was so excited about getting the game! I became an addict. :D
    I got every expansion pack I could find. (only bought used games.)

My husband thought it was so funny! He said "I never thought you would become a gamer." Ha Ha!!

& I have to admit that the day the Sims 3 came out the 3 of us had a sims party! Ha Ha! we all brought our lap tops over to a friends house & played the SIMS 3!

it was so much fun!!!

My sister & my husband always laugh at me when I tell them about what happens to me (my sims self), or other sims I play. Like when they have a baby or get promoted. So funny! But I did get my sister playing too. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ahnnajadeahnnajade Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    Darrin wrote:
    Where else can you steal candy from babies, kill your spouse just to see her ghost, have a baby with that ghostky wife, beat up strangers you meet in the park, or seduce women to impregnate then kick out of your household?

Hurray! Now I know what to look for when I want to find someone manly!
  • Options
    joshe_57joshe_57 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Eh, The Sims is one of the most popular games out there.
    I kinda lost interest in the game from last summer up until this week when Sims 3 came out.
    But I'm not at all ashamed of playing it.

Actually I just installed the original The Sims and all the expansions on my old desktop again because I had a sudden urge to play.
    My, how the times have changed.
  • Options
    yourlegsgrowyourlegsgrow Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Most of my good friends love the game, I have no embarrassment there. I tweet how obsessed I am with it and no lies, I made a livejournal post saying exactly this

"I'M INSTALLING THE SIMS 3 RIGHT NOW.
    HEEHEEHEHEHEEHEEHEEEHEHEE"

I'm not that capslocky of a person. This was a rare event, I did not mind that my lj friends witnessed one of my saw over enthusiastic posts being about a virtual dollhouse, as luvz so perfectly worded it.
  • Options
    yourlegsgrowyourlegsgrow Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Also, when I got to college, I hid my Sims 2 desktop shortcut because I didn't want to my roommate to think I was a shut in right off the bat. When I was talking to her the second or third day of college, I noticed her Sims 2 box in her ajar desk drawer. I pointed it out and we had a nerdy laugh over how we were trying to hide the fact that we play it from each other.
  • Options
    Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm a 37 year old mom of a 14 year old ...and a foster parent....and I play all the time...i cook... iplay....i vacuum...i play....I have wanted a feature like story progression FOREVER...cuz i wanted the option to have them live their lives while i did my chores and come back and see what happened...I LOVE this game!!!!
  • Options
    raspberryraspberry Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I used to be sneaky when i am purchasing at the games store. But as i grew older, being embarrassed doesn't seem to be an issue anymore, though i do not go around with a loud speaker to proudly announce the fact that i play the Sims..LOL

• Options
    DarrinDarrin Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ahnnajade wrote:
    Hurray! Now I know what to look for when I want to find someone manly!

LOL! I promise I'm not that bad, honest :)

• Options
    TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2009
    My sister (flatmate) knows, she plays it too sometimes. And a few random people. I get a lot of flack from my friends & family though. All of them are just like.. "its so boring... why dont you just go outside and do all that in real life?"

They dont get it. So...I dont hide it really, I just dont go about wearing the T-shirt, baseball cap and branded sneakers.
  • Options
    undercover_simmerundercover_simmer Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I work at a desk job from noon till night. And during the evening hours... from about 4 to 9 NOTHING goes on. It's a helpdesk so I just answer the phone and assist people on a college campus in its summer session time. I am a college student and while I used to play the game when it first came out I only started playing it with this job. Now I bought the latest and definitely don't tell anyone. I finally came clean to my boyfriend when he wanted to know why I wasn't so constantly bored as I had been. Haha. There is another enthusiast here though and we oooh and aaah together! :)
  • Options
    KieraKiera Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I work the IT help desk and being one of the many few females in the office my co-workers play WoW or console games. i keep my sims fascination on the low. my last job my boss who also was female was a big sims nerd as myself so we could talk about the game and cool stuff we did. when she was fired i lost my sims bud :(.

my fiance doesnt get into games so hes no fun. though his niece and nephew are into the sims so i have them to talk to. i havent seen them in a while and when i do i cant wait to tell them i got the new one. i dont know if they got it yet or not.

thats why i came here, dont have many people to talk to about the sims3 and learn new things.
  • Options
    AcUnleashedAcUnleashed Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No need to hide for me because all of my friends and my family knows that I play this game and I'm proud of it. My friends has branded me as The Sims addict as I have all of The Sims games. It doesn't mean if I play this game I'm ***. I'm a guy that likes games like this and they won't stop me.
  • Options
    chamber_chaserchamber_chaser Posts: 5 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm only in high school and people talk about how weird it is for a girl to play a video game... so I hide it. My family knows, and so do a few of my close friends. The only people that don't judge me at all are the only ones who know. I don't want to be considered a computer geek. :lol: :oops:
  • Options
    Ryansim69Ryansim69 Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited December 2009
    No i dont hide it ! yes people have commented like thats a girls game and i just tell them to 🐸🐸🐸🐸! lol i dont care what they think! :D they can suck it! i have a friend who plays it and will text eachother asking whats new in our game HA! were nerds! but people who make fun is just 🐸🐸🐸🐸! and you know why! cause there computer cant handle the game muahaha and ours can! jk but ya dont let that ruin ur virtual play !
  • Options
    TMaileyTMailey Posts: 9
    edited January 2010
    I totally dont hide it cause i dont think its anything to be ashamed of... I love this game im a first time player really i borrowed the sims bustin out from a friend for ps2 and loved it so i bought this one!! i only play when im bored at work or home and dont really like tv all that much!
    but ok sorry to have to ask this totally off topic question,
    1, my sim aged before i wanted them to is there a way to change them back to a teen? and when she changed to a young adult all of her clothes i set for her changed too... is there a way to at least change her into clothes i actually like???
    2, i read somewhere that you have to have a cheat to make ur sim gay? is that for real?? cant i just hit on girls instead of guys or does it work that way? ive had them make out and cuddle on the couch and stuff but they wont actually "date" eachother!