Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Glitches - NVIDIA GeForce GT cards identified - Patch 1.63 FIXES this issue.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes I do have a Nvidia GeForce 650 thank you for the info BluebellFlora. Double post
  • Options
    emiglio1997emiglio1997 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Yep, no more NVIDIA problems with Autumn and Winter :D

I haven't tested in OS X Mavericks yet though........

Sims 3 on Mavericks works great, nearly perfect :thumbup:
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm posting this here to try to keep graphics card-related issues in one thread.

It is possible that there is a graphics card in some of the new Macbook Pro Retinas that is not compatible with The Sims 3. It is the Intel Iris Pro card. I've seen a few simmers posting at Answer HQ using Macbooks with this card - they are having to play with the graphics settings on the lowest options, so their games don't look very nice. They are also having issues with crashing etc, which may not be related to the graphics cards.

These cards are not on the recognised list for The Sims 3, so there's unlikely to be support for this.

So, if you are going to buy a new Macbook with one of these cards, be aware that your game might look a bit rubbish!

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Caspin! So if you have a current model MBA or 13" MBP you will probably have issues :( those with 15" MBPs will be ok because of the dedicated card. Might be worth starting a new thread about this asking for info from those with Iris cards?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Caspin! So if you have a current model MBA or 13" MBP you will probably have issues :( those with 15" MBPs will be ok because of the dedicated card. Might be worth starting a new thread about this asking for info from those with Iris cards?

Well that sounds more hopeful, if some of them have the 15" they might be OK. You have to switch the Macbook to using the dedicated card though, don't you? I remember reading about this before but I've never done it myself as I'm always on the iMac.

I've started a thread about Iris cards here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/735231.page

Let's see if some simmers with those cards can give us some more information. I will link it at Answer HQ and see if the simmers that I already know to be affected can kick things off.

:-)

Caspin
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    All 15" and 17" post 2010 have automatic switching so no need to do anything. If their MBPs aren't switching automatically when they load the game then there is something wrong with their Mac and a fresh OS X reinstall may fix it.

For the record, I have never come across a Mac which has a problem with automatic switching :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AnthonySmith1288AnthonySmith1288 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know where I can get a manual download of patch 1.63?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Click on my signature. There is a link to 1.63 in the page about adding Mods by itsaprilXD :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AnthonySmith1288AnthonySmith1288 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks so much!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top