Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Glitches - NVIDIA GeForce GT cards identified - Patch 1.63 FIXES this issue.

Comments

• Options
    BonyakBonyak Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    pischy wrote:
    This has happened to me as well. But I somewhat found a solution. I was playing around and decided to delete the trees... It fixed it.

Deleting the trees and foilage fixes it.

They'll have to patch it fixed.

Nope, this didn't work for me, the problem is still there.

See this is what I was saying about the Geforce cards. I know some of you got it working again by deleting the trees and folige. It is the card not the folige. I understand your frustration. I wanted to throw my video card in the Ocean and Go jump up and down on some EA programmers desk. Your right we shold not have to wait for a patch to fix this stuff. It should work.The actual problem if you look at the graphics is the horizional plane portion of the foumula that is used it is not being processed correctly. The trees and foliage are just very affected by the plane on this issue. That is why for some of you it works deleting the trees and folige. I deleted everything I could and found a horizonal wall when deleted mine would come back to focus. Why do you have to play like this it shoud be the formula works for all video cards. It is not really the card just that card is the one that malfunctions on the programming. That is why I said it lies in the driver or the game communications with the driver. My ati works fine and it has the larger memory most of you have mentioned. Oh and if you have that tree house in your downloadables dont put it on your property it will really malfunction.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BonyakBonyak Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Stinalina wrote:
    Maybe your on to something. My graphics are really beautiful, and I don't have NVIDIA on my new machine, but this:
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

- But its not necessary better, as my game crash or freeze in CAS; Build/Buy and play-mode.

- Would it be helpful if i write all my other info, or is not important since i dont have NVIDIA?

Not necessary my Ati crashes in CAS I dont use it so it will not crash. Everything has problems with Sims 3 just different issues. Also you can prevent replay from crashing by saving many times. The longer you play the closer you get to a crash. Crin has a fix for some of this on his blog.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    Apple have released 10.8.3 to developers for beta testing. One of the things they've asked devs. to look at are graphics drivers so, fingers crossed, that an update may be in the works for Mountain Lion users :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bonyak wrote:
    Stinalina wrote:
    Maybe your on to something. My graphics are really beautiful, and I don't have NVIDIA on my new machine, but this:
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

- But its not necessary better, as my game crash or freeze in CAS; Build/Buy and play-mode.

- Would it be helpful if i write all my other info, or is not important since i dont have NVIDIA?

Not necessary my Ati crashes in CAS I dont use it so it will not crash. Everything has problems with Sims 3 just different issues. Also you can prevent replay from crashing by saving many times. The longer you play the closer you get to a crash. Crin has a fix for some of this on his blog.

Thanks, I know :)
    My game often crash to fast to save, and in CAS or build/buy you have to get out of it before you can save. - to long time for my game.
    Crin cant really help much with mac issues (And she's a woman ;) )

Bleubell I just read your post about the threads being moved and then deleted. When I left it it was also deleted... So sorry about that. I wish - as you said they would spend their time acknowledging our game problems and help out with that, instead of waiting time on moving things around... :?

• Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bah, I have the tree issue too.

Finally getting to play it without it crashing on day 1 of Summer, and I get the glitch. Hm.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB. :(

Edit: I'll post images when I get home later tonight.

And, all the trees and shrubs lost their leaves on the first day... is that normal ? I have the seasons set to 3 days each because I want to see all of them. :D
  • Options
    sweetlittlecherrysweetlittlecherry Posts: 477 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Gosh darnit! I bought Seasons today and my card is listed on that list. I guess I won't install it just yet

OH NO! Me too! :(
  • Options
    yenialyenial Posts: 198 Member
    edited November 2012
    @yenial -

Is your Mac the Retina? Because the normal 15" 2.3Ghz comes with the 512Mb NVIDIA card, not the 1024Mb. Whereas both 15" Retinas come with the 1024Mb NVIDIA.

@BlueBellFlora

Sorry for answering late :D
    Yes, I have MacBook Pro with Retina Display with 256GB hard disk and 2.3 GHz processor, which means my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1204MB (1GB).

And also, I recently updated my Mac to 10.8.2, which didn't solve my problem.
    Glad to hear Apple will be releasing 10.8.3 soon.

I hope EA releases a patch soon, because we need it desperately.
  • Options
    GuitarManiac15GuitarManiac15 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I just ordered the new 27-inch iMac with the GeForce GTX 680 MX graphics card. It's supposed to arrive right before Christmas, so if this isn't fixed by then I will let you guys know how it runs on it.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank goodness I came across this thread before making a new laptop purchase. The laptop I'm planning to buy is an HP with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB. I'm not sure if the graphics problem you guys are having is only on Macs with that card, or if it's been happening with PCs with that card also. I've noticed majority of you guys have graphics video memory of 256Mb-1024Mb, if the Sims 3 alone requires 128Mb, do each additional added expansion packs bump up the video memory requirement as you install them? I'm sure if you have 8 expansion packs installed, 256Mb might be a problem for you or even an 1024Mb if you calculate 9 games (base + 8 expansion packs) x 128Mb (let's say each game requires) = 1152Mb. If it doesn't make sense, I understand, my apology, I'm awful at explaining.
  • Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have updated my post on page 1 to include my specs. As I seem to forget to do this before. Can you add me to the list. Thanks. :D
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Same thing happens to me during fall. Graphics goes all wonky especially when I zoom out. -_-;

2010 13" MacBook Pro
    2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB
    OS 10.7.5
    Patch 1.42

I have all EPs and SPs as well.
  • Options
    shortmikezshortmikez Posts: 154 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Bluebellflora... check this out and see if it works. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623084.page
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited December 2012
    I forgot to post my specs, so I'll just do it here since i can't find my comment. o.O

Mid 2010, 13" Macbook Pro
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
    OS X 10.8.2

Patch up to date (1.42)
    Only some NRaas Mods and FreshPrince cars at the time. (Cars since removed).

:/
  • Options
    pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    edited December 2012
    This is happening to me too, it would fix it's self in winter but it doesn't seem to fix at all anymore! just going to have to play without Fall and Winter which I find so frustrating!

Here's my specs:

Newest iMac 2012
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    OS X 10.8.2
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Patch up to date

All Expansion Packs

What's even more annoying is that the seasons transitioned fine on my old Macbook Pro, it's Graphics Card was the NVIDIA Geforce 9400M
  • Options
    lunarboxlunarbox Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I just got Seasons for Christmas and I went searching last night to see if anyone else was having this problem, so I'm going to add my own information here!

2012 15" Macbook Pro
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    running OSX Lion version 10.7.5
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

patch is up to date
    running Seasons along with World Adventures and Pets
    no 3rd party custom content, just store content, some 3rd party patterns

I was startled when this happened at first, because as soon as the season switched to Autumn at night all the plants on the lot I was playing GLITCHED OUT and I had to delete them all just to be able to see the screen :(
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited December 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    I forgot to post my specs, so I'll just do it here since i can't find my comment. o.O

Mid 2010, 13" Macbook Pro
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
    OS X 10.8.2

Patch up to date (1.42)
    Only some NRaas Mods and FreshPrince cars at the time. (Cars since removed).

:/

I have this same Macbook. I'm afraid to install Seasons >.<
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    Soccermommax2Soccermommax2 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I've got the same problems playing on my new MacBook Pro. It plays fine until the seasons change. Any season. I've tried taking Fall out and going from Summer to Winter and it still did the same thing. Not sure of my other specs on the Pro but everything is current and up to date. The lap top is only a few months old. I have a couple of the other Expansion packs installed, all from CDs I've purchased and no mods installed. It seems this is a pretty common bug and it'd be GREAT to actually be able to play the game I paid for. I'm very disappointed in the $$ and having the game not work. I plan on complaining with a phone call.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked...until the seasons changed again...

• Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This is happening to me too, it would fix it's self in winter but it doesn't seem to fix at all anymore! just going to have to play without Fall and Winter which I find so frustrating!

Here's my specs:

Newest iMac 2012
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    OS X 10.8.2
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Patch up to date

All Expansion Packs

What's even more annoying is that the seasons transitioned fine on my old Macbook Pro, it's Graphics Card was the NVIDIA Geforce 9400M

Hi :) Not related to the thread, but can I ask, how is the game's performance in general with your new imac? I'm getting the new late 2012 model (hopefully next week) just like yours but with the everything upgraded - i7, fusion, 16gb :mrgreen: - and I'm just wondering how well the game performs with these new imacs. How high can you set your settings up while still playing smoothly? :)
  • Options
    javvelascojavvelasco Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    this is also happening to me :((

im on a 15"macbookpro
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

anybody found a solution yet?
  • Options
    Wozyfied1Wozyfied1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I play on a Mac and the exact same thing happens to me too! I've had to disable autumn altogether, which really sucks. I spent ages playing around with graphics settings and nothing worked. Hope theres a patch for this soon.
  • Options
    CracawetteCracawette Posts: 35 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Unless all of you can play with your game ! Don't you have crashes like the others Mac simmers ? I know it isn't the good place to speak about it but how do you do guys to play without crashes because I'm on Mac too and I can't play ! My specs are approximately the same that yours !
  • Options
    BrokenMatchstickBrokenMatchstick Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi. So I'm having exactly the same issues as you guys but I'm not using NVIDIA.

My specs:
    2012 15” MacBook Pro
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    8Gb RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
    OS 10.8.2
    Patch 1.48

Is anyone else not using NVIDIA also having this problem?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi. So I'm having exactly the same issues as you guys but I'm not using NVIDIA.

My specs:
    2012 15” MacBook Pro
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    8Gb RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
    OS 10.8.2
    Patch 1.48

Is anyone else not using NVIDIA also having this problem?

If you have the 15" MacBook Pro then yes, you do have an NVIDIA card - your Mac has both an Intel and NVIDIA. And it will be automatically switching from the Intel to the NVIDIA when you load the game.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    BrokenMatchstickBrokenMatchstick Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh. Well, now I feel silly. :oops: Thank you! Now I know I'm not some outlying freak who borked her own game like a noob.

In that case, my specs are:

2012 15” MacBook Pro
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    8Gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics
    OS 10.8.2
    Patch 1.48
  • Options
    cooper00cooper00 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    hey guys thank god i found this forum :D

ok i have alot of stuff going on with my Sims 3

Fist things first i have a new iMac top spec all bells and whistles

Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

before i could play my game properly i had to reinstall everything 3 times because of the update issue and patch work
    i dont know if any of you guys have had a similer issue when asked to update it 1 updates the game and it crashes all the time or 2 it doesnt even uodate it ,or if your lucky both :evil:
    so anyways i completely took everything off my mac including my downloaded content and started fresh missing out town life stuff because my game wouldn't even open whenever i installed it it would just say unknown error :evil:
    so updated my game and was playing better then before until i would deliberately change the season using Testingcheatsenabled true and bam now i get this EXACT same problem i have had SO MUCH aggravation with the sims 3 and there EXP and there updates and now this with the whole seasons thing

:(
    is there anything i can do to play my game the way it was intended im really not happy with all the issues from the sims i love you but please sort this out im not a happy simer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top