Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Glitches - NVIDIA GeForce GT cards identified - Patch 1.63 FIXES this issue.

Comments

• Options
    AdamVidalisssAdamVidalisss Posts: 40 New Member
    edited July 2013
    :)

After doing a descent amount of research, I've come to the conclusion that with the laptop I will be purchasing in about 2-3 months (15-inch MacBook Pro, vidia GeForce GT 650M), The Sims 3 Seasons should run absolutely fine If I'm using it in Boot Camp. I've come across several people in the links you've provided who have installed Boot Camp, and they said that The Sims 3 runs flawlessly, even with Seasons installed. So, I think I've made my decision to go on and get this Mid-2012 MacBook, install Boot Camp, and have a descent gaming experience with The Sims 3 plus five expansion packs and 2 stuff packs (including Seasons). I've did the research. I have my fingers crossed! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    :)

After doing a descent amount of research, I've come to the conclusion that with the laptop I will be purchasing in about 2-3 months (15-inch MacBook Pro, vidia GeForce GT 650M), The Sims 3 Seasons should run absolutely fine If I'm using it in Boot Camp. I've come across several people in the links you've provided who have installed Boot Camp, and they said that The Sims 3 runs flawlessly, even with Seasons installed. So, I think I've made my decision to go on and get this Mid-2012 MacBook, install Boot Camp, and have a descent gaming experience with The Sims 3 plus five expansion packs and 2 stuff packs (including Seasons). I've did the research. I have my fingers crossed! Please tell me what you think! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited July 2013
    Is that the 15" non Retina? If so, does the NVIDIA card have 512Mb VRAM or 1Gb? I play on the non-Retina with 1Gb VRAM

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    av52696av52696 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Is that the 15" non Retina? If so, does the NVIDIA card have 512Mb VRAM or 1Gb? I play on the non-Retina with 1Gb VRAM

I'm custom ordering this:

-2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB GDDR5 memory
    -8GB RAM
    -500GB Serial ATA Drive
    -MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display (Non-retina)

I'm also installing Windows 7 on Boot Camp. I did research from the links you sent me before. It doesn't look like a lot of people at all had issues with The Sims 3 (Seasons, in particular, with the glitching) using Boot Camp, I think I'm good to go!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

What do you think?
  • Options
    edited July 2013

You're refusing to answer me? I still need help!!!
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited July 2013

Perhaps she is busy with real life.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    caspinwall wrote:

Perhaps she is busy with real life.

I'm busy with real life too. However, I've been on the computer ALL WEEK, NONSTOP (which isn't very often) because I've been searching for the right laptop to purchase. I figured, because BluebellFlora has the "know-it-all", she could answer me and tell me what she thinks.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sorry AdamVidaliss, I'm far too busy doing my hair at the moment to answer you in depth. Maybe later when I have nothing better to do? Oh, hang on, I might be watching paint dry.

I'll find out for myself you SICK *🐸🐸🐸🐸*.
  • Options
    rescuedrescued Posts: 39 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for posting on my board!
    It seems to be only fall. I never had problems in Summer, and it is 3 days till Winter so I'll see.

Heres my comp info:

2012 15" Macbook Pro
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
    OS X 10.8.4
  • Options
    rescuedrescued Posts: 39 New Member
    edited July 2013
    So the glitch stopped once I got to the last day of Fall and I'm halfway through winter with no problems. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Urgh, this has now become a real annoyance. Almost a year and EA have failed to fix this. I've uploaded a video showing this glitch:

I've also tweeted SimGuruGraham and posted on the TS3 Facebook page.

Just to confirm AGAIN, this is not user related, it is a bug with NVIDIA cards. Doesn't matter what world you play or how old/new your installation is, it affects all Macs with NVIDIA, whether dedicated or discrete. It appears to be related to the change in plants and trees in Autumn and Winter, whether you have foliage on your Lot or not. My 15" MBP with 1Gb AMD Radeon graphics doesn't experience this problem.

The only fix is to disable these two seasons.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Urgh, this has now become a real annoyance. Almost a year and EA have failed to fix this. I've uploaded a video showing this glitch:

I've also tweeted SimGuruGraham and posted on the TS3 Facebook page.

Just to confirm AGAIN, this is not user related, it is a bug with NVIDIA cards. Doesn't matter what world you play or how old/new your installation is, it affects all Macs with NVIDIA, whether dedicated or discrete. It appears to be related to the change in plants and trees in Autumn and Winter, whether you have foliage on your Lot or not. My 15" MBP with 1Gb AMD Radeon graphics doesn't experience this problem.

The only fix is to disable these two seasons.

Like I said, It does NOT do this when playing in Boot Camp using the NVIDIA cards. You haven't tried that yet, have you?
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited October 2013

Like I said, It does NOT do this when playing in Boot Camp using the NVIDIA cards. You haven't tried that yet, have you?

For Mac-users who don't want to use Bootcamp, though, this is still an issue that EA should address.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    VenusIllegitima6VenusIllegitima6 Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2013
    Bought Seasons several days ago. Summer and spring are fine, just sometimes I experience these glitches in autumn and winter. At first I lowered my specs and moved my family to another location and it seemed to work just fine. Now that's autumn again, the glitches are back...

If it's really problem with NVIDIA cards, why didn't EA resolve this problem and make it compatible with NVIDIA? I'm starting to think they only care about money and how to produce more and more Eps regardless of the quality and stability of them. Who cares about the user experience...
  • Options
    emiglio1997emiglio1997 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Patch 1.63 ist out and.. No more Graphic glitches! Yeeeaaaaahhh :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Patch 1.63 ist out and.. No more Graphic glitches! Yeeeaaaaahhh :thumbup:

Better late than never I guess, so pleased it's finally fixed :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    DeterminedGirlDeterminedGirl Posts: 156 New Member
    edited October 2013
    So does this mean Fall & Winter seasons graphics are ok now?
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited October 2013
    I also have the patch 1.63 and I have taken Seasons off, but one of the bridges in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has a glitch shows black. I noticed one of the hairstyles that comes with LN also has a glitch. I don't think patch 1.63 fixed graphic issues for MAC"S doesn't seem so to me but then I don't have seasons installed right now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yep, no more NVIDIA problems with Autumn and Winter :D

I haven't tested in OS X Mavericks yet though........
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So then it is ok if I put my Seasons back on again I don't want to get my hopes up to high.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    So then it is ok if I put my Seasons back on again I don't want to get my hopes up to high.

If you have NVIDIA graphics the glitch shown in this thread has now been fixed in the 1.63 patch.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yes I do I have Nvida GeForce 650 M ok thank you for the info. BluebellFlora

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top