Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Putting photos taken in game into picture frames

Would be really nice if you could take the photos you took in game and make them like framed in the game

Comments

• Options
    KelliMonsterKelliMonster Posts: 312
    edited October 2012
    You mean like use a screenshot as a photo on your sim's wall as decor?
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2012
    You can drag a photo out of your inventory and hang it on the wall. Once there, just click it and choose to frame. A frame will appear on it.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited October 2012
    You mean like this?
    Screenshot-57_zpsfab822d9.jpg
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited October 2012
    You mean like this?

how'd you do that?
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited October 2012
    Linnyxx17 wrote:
    You mean like this?

how'd you do that?
    I used S3OC, and S3PE and cloned wall hangings (renaming and renumbering internally), then edited the IMG resource DDS files in PS CS5 and replaced them with my edited version, then compressed the files and imported it into my game.
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited October 2012
    I used S3OC, and S3PE and cloned wall hangings (renaming and renumbering internally), then edited the IMG resource DDS files in PS CS5 and replaced them with my edited version, then compressed the files and imported it into my game.

Congrats on being able to say something like that.

:shock:
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited October 2012
    If you have a sim with photography skill you can take pics of anything and hang them on the wall, as previously said. Also, another way if you want a pic of something not in the game, is to use CAP to make a pattern with the pic, install it, then put it on a wall covering and have the sim take a pic of it and hang it. I used that method to hang Harry Potter pics in my HP builds.
  • Options
    HumsauceHumsauce Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    Ah, I don't have World Ambitions, and thus Photography. But I was also hoping to put the pictures into framed photos that you could put on desks and tables, not just walls.
  • Options
    SliverWolfSliverWolf Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2012
    Linnyxx17 wrote:
    You mean like this?

how'd you do that?

Uh.. Well then. Is there any chance where someone who doesn't know a thing you just said could do that? Because I would love to be able to use my screenshots in game. The cameras in the game aren't too good at getting nice angles. Plus it'd be neat to be able to make like a personal band poster or something to put in game.
  • Options
    simpixie16simpixie16 Posts: 239 Member
    edited October 2012
    Even without WA you can still take photos with your sims phone that can be dragged out of the inventory and hung on walls, placed on desks etc.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi there,

Thanks for sharing that link to help members on this. As this is an older thread (from 2012), I'll close it out here to limit necroposting. Thanks,

EA_Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top