Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited October 2012
    Nice pics, Silver! I enjoyed them!
  • Options
    HydrasisHydrasis Posts: 216 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm Hydra though I've been going by the alias of Gin as of late online. I'm an aspiring animator, doll maker, and game designer. All of which still a work in progress. I've only recently started up my first story and to save me time from going back and forth between photobucket and I just made a blog for it. Any other information can be found on the about page there. I've also just turned 21 as of today ( woohooo! *rains nectar* )

Anyway the story is called Dreams in the Something. Lame lame lame title I know. I couldn't come up with a thing and this was the best title the random generator I used spouted out at me. The jist of the story is a young witch living with her genie of a father with smaller hints for more underneath. Then again they might be huge subtlety is not my art. Also for some reason it gets a lot of hits from Bosnia.

http://dreamsinthesomething.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Tundria: Thanks for you're comment on my story. Please feel free to comment on my blog, too as I think my stories get lonely there. I like to use real life places for background stories on Sims or as a space filler as it's usually a month and a half or so between updates on each story as I have so many of them. Sometimes I pretend they go on a vacation or something during my absence.

Ness: Welcome and nice to meet you. I will check out your story when I get a chance. I usually go through stories just before posting an update. Now that I've started this thread I will try to read some stories in between my updates.

Faye: Glad you liked my pictures. Stay tuned for news on Helena Thyme in my next update.

Hydra: Nice to meet you and I hope that you come to visit often as we are a bunch of Simmers who love to share stories and make friends in the process. I will definitely check out your story.
  • Options
    HydrasisHydrasis Posts: 216 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'll probably visit a lot. There's a story on this site I love and have been checking frequently. But I think the writer had school start so hers is painfully slow now making me chew my jacket sleeves ; w ;

Tis a pleasure to meet you too btw :3
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ness: Welcome and nice to meet you. I will check out your story when I get a chance. I usually go through stories just before posting an update. Now that I've started this thread I will try to read some stories in between my updates.
    Thanks, it's nice to meet you too. :D Mine is kind of long, so if you check it out I hope you enjoy it.
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2012
    @Silver: Can't wait! Oh, and I'll be posting a picture of Devin as a Teen here soon and I'll also re-post the picture of Ryan so you can compare the two boys. I'm torn between the two of them as to who will be the heir! Devin's got the looks, but Ryan has the body and the personality. Gah! I hate it when I have to make hard decisions like these! Both boys are equally adequate to be the heir, I just don't know which one to choose. All of you people here on this thread are welcome to help me out with this. I could really use the opinions!
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited October 2012
    HEYO! I'm Dreamerz (I hate my username with a firey passion.. it's a long story), I like to go by Britt in real life, though as it's taken as part from my given first name, but I've always used my middle name... It hasn't gone over very well Still it's what I prefer. So I don't mind if people call me dreamerz or Britt...most know me as dreamerz however..so, there ya go. I'm 20, will be 21 in December. I like to write poetry and am by far better at it...so why I'm not writing that way I dunno (oddly I hate to read most of it). After receiving very bad grades from a very bad teacher I basically gave up on writing altogether (nobody passed her class, but when she went after my poetry that everybody else loved it just killed me), so this has been my venture back into writing and enjoying it. It still feels a bit funny sometimes, even if that sounds a bit silly. Stuck working some stupid retail job, while trying to save money for school to be an interior designer. I'm going to ramble on forever here....so I should wrap it up... actually I think that's about it. I've also been reading intros and posts for what seems like ages, and now I can't place anything to usernames anymore (or spell at all... that may be the severe lack of sleep however...)

Oh and my story thing (it's a really slow moving legacy that follows zero rules. :lol: So I don't feel like calling it a legacy ) can be found by following my signature.... or going here. http://dreamerzrandomstuff.blogspot.ca/ Same thing. I'd recommend starting from generation 2 honestly. I look back at gen 1 and wonder what the heck I was thinking in half of it... then I remember half of it was written while I was horribly sick, sleep deprived, at 3am while all the meds were kicking in. So yeah...

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited October 2012
    Silver, nice update! I really enjoyed it. ☺ Hey, Dreamerz!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, the toss-up between Ryan and Devin is now solved! Once Devin aged up, it was a clear reality that Ryan was by far the better choice. Devin is handsome, yes, but so is Ryan and Ryan also has a great personality, a great body, and the looks to claim he's a Kite. Devin may have slightly better looks than his brother, but his body is pathetic and his personality is blah. He doesn't stand out at all amongst his two siblings, so I am officially naming Ryan as my heir. However, I will post a picture of Devin just so you guys know what he looks like:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/391/388/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Those are...big eyes.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In the latest chapter of my rainbowcy, poor Clover became almost-faded! What do you guys think? :P
    Screenshot-931.jpg
  • Options
    thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    HEYO! I'm Dreamerz (I hate my username with a firey passion.. it's a long story), I like to go by Britt in real life, though as it's taken as part from my given first name, but I've always used my middle name... Still it's what I prefer. So I don't mind if people call me dreamerz or Britt...most know me as dreamerz however..so, there ya go. I'm 20, will be 21 in December. I like to write poetry and am by far better at it...so why I'm not writing that way I dunno (oddly I hate to read most of it). After receiving very bad grades from a very bad teacher I basically gave up on writing altogether (nobody passed her class, but when she went after my poetry that everybody else loved it just killed me), so this has been my venture back into writing and enjoying it. It still feels a bit funny sometimes, even if that sounds a bit silly. Stuck working some stupid retail job, while trying to save money for school to be an interior designer. I'm going to ramble on forever here....so I should wrap it up... actually I think that's about it. I've also been reading intros and posts for what seems like ages, and now I can't place anything to usernames anymore (or spell at all... that may be the severe lack of sleep however...)

Oh and my story thing (it's a really slow moving legacy that follows zero rules. :lol: So I don't feel like calling it a legacy ) can be found by following my signature.... or going here. http://dreamerzrandomstuff.blogspot.ca/ Same thing. I'd recommend starting from generation 2 honestly. I look back at gen 1 and wonder what the heck I was thinking in half of it... then I remember half of it was written while I was horribly sick, sleep deprived, at 3am while all the meds were kicking in. So yeah...

To be honest you write very well actually, I've enjoyed your story up to the point you've gotten it. Its well constructed and those pictures are simply amazing. You've gotten a fan in me =)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, I have a huge handful of pictures to share with you all! Ryan aged up and married genie Alana! Here is what Alana looks like:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/840/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Here are some courtship pictures:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/857/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/871/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Here are pictures from the wedding:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/851/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/861/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

And here is what Ryan looks like as a YA:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/846/389/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Ryan graduated as Valedictorian and was voted by his classmates to go on to have the largest family! His parents are both very proud of him. His grandparents moved out, taking his two younger siblings with them to raise while his parents stayed behind to help him manage the household since he obviously has no experience running a household. Alana's powers will be fun to play around with! I can't wait to see what a Genie's powers can do!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Morning Faye:

Enjoyed you're pictures and the genie is a lovely and much nicer than the one in my Estiban family but that's because she was probably made by you.

Helena has settled nicely into the Day household. I have to get Tyson to end his high school romantic attraction to one of his male classmates before he can pursue a relationship with Helena. I can see him needing the 'clean slate' happiness reward in the future. She decided not to be a doctor in this story but a police officer.

Well I must go back to bed now as my coughing fit seems to have settled. Hope that you're feeling better, too.

Silver
  • Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited October 2012
    How long have you been teaching? Was it difficult to find a steady job? I live in Canada and I'm going to start working on my BA in French next year, as I want to teach it up here, but I've been told by just about everyone that because there's a surplus of teachers, it'll be forever before I can find a job.

You could move to Sweden to teach. Teachers (especially in foreign languages) are very sought-after here and the programmes on the universities always have open spots. :( It's quite sad and it mostly comes down to bad salaries. It's a long and tough education and you simply don't get paid enough for people to actually bother with the education. Bleh.

I'm one of the few who does, though, and I couldn't think of any job I'd rather have. I just love kids and teenagers. I'm looking in to specialize in teaching kids with special needs, such as autism and ADHD.

It's weird to hear that some countries have a surplus of teachers when the situation is the complete opposite here. It's said that if it keeps developing like it has the last few years there won't be ANY newly graduated teachers in 2032. :o
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited October 2012
    How long have you been teaching? Was it difficult to find a steady job? I live in Canada and I'm going to start working on my BA in French next year, as I want to teach it up here, but I've been told by just about everyone that because there's a surplus of teachers, it'll be forever before I can find a job.

You could move to Sweden to teach. Teachers (especially in foreign languages) are very sought-after here and the programmes on the universities always have open spots. :( It's quite sad and it mostly comes down to bad salaries. It's a long and tough education and you simply don't get paid enough for people to actually bother with the education. Bleh.

I'm one of the few who does, though, and I couldn't think of any job I'd rather have. I just love kids and teenagers. I'm looking in to specialize in teaching kids with special needs, such as autism and ADHD.

It's weird to hear that some countries have a surplus of teachers when the situation is the complete opposite here. It's said that if it keeps developing like it has the last few years there won't be ANY newly graduated teachers in 2032. :o

That's actually really interesting O_o And it's certainly a real possibility. And I know the weather wouldn't be very different from what it's like over here :lol:

I think I'm going to add that to my list of things to seriously consider. The only problem would be the fact that getting into teaching programmes and teachers' college over here is very competitive, and I think that at seventeen I'm a bit young yet to be leaving home and studying full-time elsewhere, but that's a really, really good idea.

Of course, now that you've given me this idea, I do expect you to tell me everything I'm going to need to know ;) Are the guys cute in Sweden? Hehehe...
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    You do realize the guys you're asking about are the ones I teach, right? ;) I'm not allowed to judge their looks, lol.

I would guess it's pretty much like any place though. There are the good looking ones and the not so good looking ones. :lol: I think moving to Sweden is fairly simple because of the fact that pretty much everyone is fluent in english. It would also be easy for you to get a job as an english/french teacher because that's your primary languages.

And speaking of guys, I think it's the same everywhere, but immigrants always seem interesting and exciting. Just going out for a beer or a coffee would probably direct guys your way. Haha.

I don't really know how much culture differs between our countries, it's a bit I guess. We did study Canadian school systems during the first year in Uni. Something called "language baths" (maybe..?) Do you know about it? You seem to have a great way of teaching both languages, however. :p
  • Options
    thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @ Fruhurricane: I think its wonderful you have the patients of steel and such a big heart to work with children (Teenagers) that are often (to often) overlooked in most educational systems. What spurred you into heading into that field? I mean usually there is a reason why people do what they are, something brought them to choosing that path after all. I know for myself being a immigrant I wanted to make sure the transition is easier for other immigrants coming over from other places to America by instructing them in english. Just hit me close to home.

@ Lala: :wink: I have to admit the 'guy' thing is slightly a big thing in choosing a designation. After all you want to be able to find that special someone where you move to. Teaching is only one part but living life is a crucial second part. Its certainly relativant!

Small Update: Added Chapter Five to my Blog.

This Picture Best Describes what is going on in Chapter Five
    Julio1_zps6574575c.png
  • Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012
    Morning all! So last night I was writing writing writing and I got to a point that seemed like a great ending of the chapter. I load up my game to get some pictures and realize D'OH, I forgot to write the most important scene of the entire chapter! It's pivotal to the next four chapters and I didn't write it! lol. So I guess today I'll be writing some more. :P
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    SnowyMist7SnowyMist7 Posts: 135
    edited October 2012
    Hi, I'm Ruby :D My screen name is, however, snowymist....because I love winter? Maybe? Anyway, I love to write and think up devious things for my sims to do...which usually doesn't turn out so well for them. I also love breakfast and delicious things in general. :D

The story I'm working on right now is the *Majestic* Perfect Genetics Challenge: with the creative name of: The Perfect Genetics Challenge. (I know...It's the best) And yea, it's not much of a story, per say, but I'm working on some plot! I swear! :)

The thing I really love about the sims3 is that it's not just a game; it's a creative tool. And I found I really missed writing stories and taking pictures when I went away for the summer...so yea. It's more than a game. It's like you're trying to film a movie, but don't have any actors. The Sims are the actors and you only need bring yourself and a laptop :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Good Morning:

Fru: You sound like a wonderful teacher and I hope your students think so, too. When I was in junior high (grades 7-9 back then), I used to help out with the special needs students at recess and lunch. I even got to know their special bus drivers and sometimes one of them would let me operate the wheelchair lift. It was exciting for a shy girl with very few 'normal' friends as most of the time my classmates made fun of me. One thing I enjoyed about working with these students was their appreciation of you and acceptance. These students were really my only friends in junior high with the exception of a couple of my classmates.

I was able to make more friends in high school after I got involved in Intramurals in grades 11 & 12 but still had the fear of rejection as sometimes in elementary & junior high, my classmates might be nice to me for a few days but then revert to making fun of me. It was usually a couple of them who started it but then everyone else except for two would follow suit. Even though I've come a long way since then, I still deal with the fear of rejection once in awhile. When I was in university I used to buy my friends little gifts and do whatever I could for them not really because I was trying to win their friendship but was afraid of losing it.

Lala: I hope that you find a teaching job that you'll be happy with. I have friends that taught English for a year or so in China, Hong Kong, Korea and they found that the experience was wonderful. Another friend teaches in Cyprus and I have another who is doing it in Qatar. Maybe doing something like that would be of interest to you. French teachers are usually sought for here in the Maritimes.

Tundria, Just read the first chapter in your story and although I don't embrace that lifestyle, I enjoyed your story. It's said that when someone lives a live opposite to what we believe we shun the other person. It's important to be friendly to everyone and treat them with respect. Left a comment on your blog.

A side note: I've noticed that by blog has gotten a lot more readers in the past day and thank you for that. I would enjoy seeing feedback on what you read, I'm still getting use to the reply thing on comments and my answers to a feedback usually ends up as another comment. Do appreciate all feedback, though.

SnowyMist: Hello and welcome, I will check out your story later. I agree that the Sims3 is a creative tool as my writing and imagination skills have improved a lot over the past year since I started writing legacy stories. Please come and visit us often as we love to share stories and make new friends.

Have a great day, everyone and now my Day family is calling me.

Silver
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Downloading stuffs from modthesims. How is everyone?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:
    @ Fruhurricane: I think its wonderful you have the patients of steel and such a big heart to work with children (Teenagers) that are often (to often) overlooked in most educational systems. What spurred you into heading into that field? I mean usually there is a reason why people do what they are, something brought them to choosing that path after all. I know for myself being a immigrant I wanted to make sure the transition is easier for other immigrants coming over from other places to America by instructing them in english. Just hit me close to home.

I actually worked at an advertising agency for a couple of years before I decided. I've always had a special bond to kids and teenagers and it feels awesome to work with them. This summer I also worked at a summer camp and it was the most amazing job I've ever had. :D I also have a big interest for languages overall and I love both reading and writing. Therefor, I chose to be a language teacher. I'll start studying english next year.
    camimh wrote:
    Morning all! So last night I was writing writing writing and I got to a point that seemed like a great ending of the chapter. I load up my game to get some pictures and realize D'OH, I forgot to write the most important scene of the entire chapter! It's pivotal to the next four chapters and I didn't write it! lol. So I guess today I'll be writing some more. :P

I know that mistake well enough. LOL! I do that all the time too, good thing one at least enjoys writing. ;) How many chapters do you plan on getting done before NaNo kicks off?

I'm always so stunned by your work, every picture seems so perfectly staged. I wish I had that patience...
    Good Morning:

Fru: You sound like a wonderful teacher and I hope your students think so, too. When I was in junior high (grades 7-9 back then), I used to help out with the special needs students at recess and lunch. I even got to know their special bus drivers and sometimes one of them would let me operate the wheelchair lift. It was exciting for a shy girl with very few 'normal' friends as most of the time my classmates made fun of me. One thing I enjoyed about working with these students was their appreciation of you and acceptance. These students were really my only friends in junior high with the exception of a couple of my classmates.

I get a lot of positive feedback from the students, that's probably the main reason to enjoying the job. :) I would love to work with smaller groups of students but that will be something too strive for in the future. First I need my degree and some experience with "my own" classes. ^^
  • Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012
    I know that mistake well enough. LOL! I do that all the time too, good thing one at least enjoys writing. ;) How many chapters do you plan on getting done before NaNo kicks off?

I'm always so stunned by your work, every picture seems so perfectly staged. I wish I had that patience...

Thank you! I have five chapters to get done before November 1st....

One is pretty much all pictures (the final chapter, ch22) so that one won't take as long and may actually come after November 1st depending on time. But 18-21 need to be done, in my mind anyway. School Days three year anniversary is also November 10th so I'd love to have High School all wrapped up by then anyway. :)
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:

Thank you! I have five chapters to get done before November 1st....

One is pretty much all pictures (the final chapter, ch22) so that one won't take as long and may actually come after November 1st depending on time. But 18-21 need to be done, in my mind anyway. School Days three year anniversary is also November 10th so I'd love to have High School all wrapped up by then anyway. :)

Well, five chapters seems doable. (:

What plans do you have for NaNo? I was thinking of joining last year but I'm kind of glad I didn't. Maybe some year in the future I will feel like I have enough time to devote for it.