Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Spiderg1rlSpiderg1rl Posts: 7,343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    Spiderg1rl wrote:
    Is this for outside photos?? You could have the floor levels down at least below the roof's press your page up button a few times and see if that brings the roof into view :D

Thank you. ^_^

Is there a way to do it inside the house, as well?
    Nope sorry doing it in the house will jump you up a level you can't take pics from a level below what your on. I could be wrong but I've never seen a way to do it really. It will always bounce you up, sorry.
  • Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ayemee wrote:
    Nestea7 wrote:
    Ayemee wrote:

Yeah it really does. Thats why I have to cram in as many as I can when I get a spare moment. Which isn't very often. :cry:
    I definitely feel your pain. Real life and writing stories sure takes up a lot of time. lol

Yeah haha, its worth it though I guess. :D
    Lol Yeah, I guess so. :mrgreen:
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @ spider- It will pop out so I've learned to use angles to hide the no roof and at times use photoshop to alter.
  • PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited October 2012
    Lala: Hope you're feeling better soon. It's not fun being sick as I've not been well this past year and am finally figuring out all my coughing and cold-like symptoms are probably caused asthma that I've just developed as a result of a bad cold virus last winter and early spring. Life can be such a vicious cycle. Sometimes I'm sure it I'll know when I'm feeling good again as it's been so long since I've felt that way. Sorry you don't have you're Sims with you but maybe you could try SimSocial for now until you're able to play again or just enjoy our stories.

Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canada and Columbus Day to all my American friends.

Silver

SimSocial! There's an idea! Why didn't I think of that? :roll:
    I seem to be feeling worse and worse as the day progresses. We had our dinner at 2 this afternoon (I'm in a madhouse!!) and I was feeling okay during dinner...but you know how turkey is...so I went and had a nap and now I feel even worse than I did this morning when I woke up. Daddy is going to drive us back home, though, maybe diving into the Sims will distract me enough that I feel better....
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited October 2012
    Over 10 Pages! Woo! :mrgreen:
  • AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Over 10 Pages! Woo! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen: Yay!
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hello and happy Monday everyone.

Boy things move fast it's great.

Thanks to everyone on the kind words about Flora. I figured I should play with my EP since I bought it.

Also thanks for the kind words on my picture update for my legacy.

Welcome to all the newbies that are joining in on the fun. As you can see its a fun and friendly place to hang out.

Now Spider I'm off to read your prologue. Your fairy looks cute.

Sharona loved the pic of your witch.

15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012
    When taking pictures inside, if you put your walls up, you can then hit tab to take you into camera mode. Q will span the camera down, E will span it up (and it will go through floor levels). Shift+A and Shift+D will tilt the camera (shift+S will bring it back to level). Z will zoom in and X will zoom out.

Inside, you will either have ceiling (white or tiled depending on the build) or it will be "open" if the floor above is open. If it's a one level house, put a floor down on under the roof on the second "story" and it will close up that open to sky look.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:
    When taking pictures inside, if you put your walls up, you can then hit tab to take you into camera mode. Q will span the camera down, E will span it up (and it will go through floor levels). Shift+A and Shift+D will tilt the camera (shift+S will bring it back to level). Z will zoom in and X will zoom out.

Inside, you will either have ceiling (white or tiled depending on the build) or it will be "open" if the floor above is open. If it's a one level house, put a floor down on under the roof on the second "story" and it will close up that open to sky look.

:O Thank you so much! I knew about the camera stuff but I could never figure out how to get rid of the 'open' roof look when taking inside images. It was becoming really annoying.

This will help me tons! Seriously, thanks!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited October 2012
    Tried to move some sims into Lunar lakes. Didn't like it at all. My two sims are going to be singers & magicians. So maybe I'll move them to Starlight shore.

Screenshot-796.jpg
    I don't wanna live in Lunar lakes. I wanna be a magician.

Finally, had some fun with supernatural creatures.

Screenshot-774.jpg
    Virginia attacked by bees.

Screenshot-752.jpg
    Ray is out hunting. He sure look very different in his human form.

Looks forward to hear about aliens tomorrow. Hope, male pregnancy return. Had lots of fun with that in Sims 2.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @ Aye- I read your story so far and enjoyed it. I like how you are leaving a great deal of mystery in it.

@ Cami- What do you mean put a floor under the second story roof? I'd really like to learn how to not have the sky with a pan up.
  • AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @ Aye- I read your story so far and enjoyed it. I like how you are leaving a great deal of mystery in it.

Thank you :D Yes I love the touch of mystery in any story. I know all the secrets and I still get excited writing it. :lol:
  • FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ryan and Alana just welcomed a bouncing baby girl into their lives today! Her name is Delia (Deel-ya) and it means dark. It is of Welsh origin and it is also derived from Bedelia, which is a variant of Bridget who was the Celtic goddess of fire and poetry. Also a variant of the English Odelia. She has her mother's pinkish hue, but I'm sure she'll be lovely! Dagda is well loved by both parents and his grandparents just adore him! He's just learned how to walk and will soon be learning how to talk and obviously will be potty trained within that time frame as well. He's a sweet little boy, hardly ever makes a fuss, unlike his sister who constantly screams and thrashes in her little panda crib. That was such a cute purchase from the Store! I love the panda crib!
  • JaybziehJaybzieh Posts: 2,430 Member
    edited October 2012
    Tomorrow.
    Tomorrow I will read people's stories like I have been wanting to do for ages,
    But now it's almost midnight so I probably shouldn't start just now.
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012

@ Cami- What do you mean put a floor under the second story roof? I'd really like to learn how to not have the sky with a pan up.

If you go up to the floor above your top floor ther are likely no walls but the roof is there and unseen. Put down flooring in that space. This would be easier to explain with pictures but I'm on my iPad right now. Anyway, if you go up another level it will bring up the roof, this in between floor is most commonly the attic. No normal walls but you may have the diagonal sloped walls that support the roof showing. By putting down flooring, any flooring, it will put a white ceiling in all your rooms on the floor below. You can also put ceiling title on this but that's a whole other building thing lol.

I'll try to come back with pictures later.

Arrow, I started reading your story while waiting on cas to load a billion times (dressing sims). On gen 1 chapter 12 so far and looking forward to reading more. :)
    Xois5I.jpg
  • FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited October 2012
    Here is little Delia:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/913/407/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

And here is Ryan feeling the pregnant Alana's tummy:
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/920/407/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Neither of the two parents have rolled wants as to whether they want a boy or a girl. Probably because the pregnancy is glitched again. See, I've been having this bothersome glitch where if the pregnant mother is holding something like a baby before she is just about to start showing, her tummy will pop out but she will not have the ability to get a checkup at the local hospital nor will she have the interaction, "Announce Pregnancy". Grr. It's no big deal though. She can still have people feel her tummy, but they can't talk to her tummy or listen to her tummy either. I've had this happen in the last three or so generations. I try resetSim but it doesn't work.
  • TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited October 2012
    Now that I'm done to RL stuff haha.. I was able to finish Borage's intro for my newest story, the first story of Gen 2 (Yay :mrgreen:) Borage is on a mission to be a superstar DJ while trying to bed 1000 ladies. I'm using Risky Woohoo and there's a chance of him having 500 babies. I don't consider this as a BC or anything. Borage is a bit of a dimwit so it's met to be a humorous story like Party Montigo.

Love for the ladies: Intro

208028_366517403423530_211355069_n.jpg

I'm about to start a create a nanny contest for this story soon. Borage lacks common sense so he will need a nanny once these babies start getting left at his door.
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited October 2012
    TheNay83 wrote:
    I'm about to start a create a nanny contest for this story soon. Borage lacks common sense so he will need a nanny once these babies start getting left at his door.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nay you have no faith in poor Borage.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

edited October 2012
    jazen wrote:
    TheNay83 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nay you have no faith in poor Borage.

I sure don't LOL. He was raised by dimwits, so he just can't help it. :lol::lol:

I have the thread for the contest created http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/598288.page#9598641
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    tumblr_mblqvsKha31rab1p6o1_1280.jpg

OMG A ROOF INSIDE THE HOUSE.

xD Cami, ily forever for telling me how to do this.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Good evening, everyone.

Wow, only three days since starting this thread and already it's at 12 pages.

Spider and Jay, read some more of your stories and left comments at your blog.

JagPacker: Started reading your 100 baby challenge and the first child is really cute.

Nestea: Read the intro to your story and left a comment on your blog.

Read: Welcome to our thread and sorry to hear that things aren't so good at home. Parents should always try to watch their tempers around children. I didn't have many friends when I was in school either. Hope you find the right friend who will be with you through the ups and downs in life.

Please if you have Sim story share the link with us so that we can read it. If you need to talk, please feel free to do so.

I tried to read some of the stories that I didn't get to yet and will continue to catch up on stories next time.

Hope that everyone has a great night.

Here is the link to Generation 9 of my Surgeons of Hope legacy but you may want to read the Generation 8 to get the connection. You can find both links on the first page of this thread as well.

http://silverdaybreak.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/surgeons-of-hope-generation-nine/

Pictures to follow in next post.

Silver
  • HydrasisHydrasis Posts: 216 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Tweleve pages!!!!! This calls for muffins! *tosses muffins everywhere*
  • thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    For Wicki Chick, I greatly appericiate each of the comments you placed within my blog the other day and responded to each and everyone. I do plan on reading your blog tommorow as well as continue combing through some of the previous ones that I had started to at the begining of the week: Silver,Jb's and a few others. There is allot to read in this community but incredibly impressive the amount of detail everyone puts into their story arcs.

@ Simmelina, You always manage to take the greatest pictures. What I mean is they put a smile on my face.

@ Fayeshinomori, I really love the name Odelia. It just has that tone to it when you speak it. It nearly rolls off the toungue. Reminds me of some of the books had been been forced to read back in the University years. Though I dont think people want be bringing up Odessius (Spelling? I know thats horrid)

Sidenote, Added Chapter Six
  • thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    [Um before anyone reads my last chapter, a huge chunk of it is apparently missing :shock: so for now its under construction as I attempt to rebuild the 2nd half that disappeared! So embarrassed!]
    edited October 2012
    @Thundria, Chapter 6 already? I still need to read chapter 4 haha