Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012
    In case any of you have need of a full scale college campus, I wanted to share this here for y'all.

uniheader.jpg

Roth University

You can more pictures here.

I built this for story telling purposes and figured someone else may need it for the same...or just for fun. :)
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, five chapters seems doable. (:

What plans do you have for NaNo? I was thinking of joining last year but I'm kind of glad I didn't. Maybe some year in the future I will feel like I have enough time to devote for it.

I think it is. If I can get 18 finished by tomorrow (since it's a holiday here) and then do one a week I can get through 21 before Halloween. That'll just leave the picture chapter.

My NaNo novel will actually chronicle Ginny in college. Ever since I decided to continue the story after high school (which was NOT my original plan lol) I've been having a dozen different ideas for her college experience. I'd love to get it all written early on. I have no intention of it becoming an actual book at this point, it's more for the experience and challenge this year (like last year). Perhaps next year I'll write something not related to any of my existing sims stories lol
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:
    In case any of you have need of a full scale college campus, I wanted to share this here for y'all.

uniheader.jpg

Roth University

I built this for story telling purposes and figured someone else may need it for the same...or just for fun. :)

Wow! I may need to utilize this for Maria! That must have taken you sometime to create, Definately will give it a look over!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Silver
    I greatly appericiate your open-minded view of the relationship that I am trying to depict. To be honest I questioned myself for a moment before starting it up. Certainly the life-style is more acknowledged in this era but online communties often can be harsh and free to make poor remarks because there is a screen between themselves and those they judge. I have to say though, overall I'm incredibly impressed with the community here and how many people are indeed open minded.

I've definately been reading many of the stories found here in the community (and just now starting to finally be able to make comments and give feedback) and I have to say it appears many of us are writting about things that we can relate to. Its very intrigueing getting to know some of the Authors here through their stories and I can't wait to read more!
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:

uniheader.jpg

Roth University

That's so cool! :D
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Camimh: The university you created is beautiful. If you need some students and/or staff, please feel free to use anyone in my studio. Carol Steel/Funke (forget which last name I uploaded her as would make a great music teacher as she loves playing any musical instrument and is a fast learn and loved by everyone she meets. Just let me know which ones you use and updates on their new lives would be appreciate. I like to know where my Sims are so am always happy when a friend uses them in a story.

Fairybird: Hope everything is alright for you. Please just share with us as you always have. Sorry if my intro made you uncomfortable. Bye the way, how are Bethany, Anthony and Amy Steel doing in your hotel story? Hope things work out for you in your game.

Tundria: Thanks for your comment here and on my blog, left a reply for you there.

Silver
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Greetings friends new and old:

My computer and health are still a bit up in the air so I haven't been commenting much. I will make sure to look at the stories I haven't and comment more once I'm feeling a bit better. It looks like I will need to take my computer in for repairs though so if that happens I'll keep you all informed.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @ Silver: No problem! I responded in return.

@jbfairybird: I hope everything will be well JB. Most importantly I hope your health recovers and when your able to return to the forums as often as you had they will be here. Take care of yourself first :)
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited October 2012
    @ Cam- Wow what an amazing lot!

@ thun- Thanks. I do intend to reas your story and will comment.

@Silver- I haven't been able to do much in the Resort file since my comp problems started. Once my comp is all straightened out I'll be able to play with them. Since the Resort is a large file my sick computer is having trouble with it.
  • Options
    AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hello everyone!

I'm Ayemee. I've been writing on and off for the past couple of years. I had a story about my favorite sims family which I had to stop due to my game crashing, and the loss of all my characters. :shock:

I have a new story that is only on the second chapter, Coven.
    It is about two vampires on the run, but from what? That will all be revealed.

I love reading other people's stories. There really is some amazing talent on these forums. I look forward to reading and talking on this thread now and in the future.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    JaybziehJaybzieh Posts: 2,430 Member
    edited October 2012
    I would love to speak to everyone here but I get scared to. Hehe.
    I'm not very good with words, actually. It's not like English isn't my first language because it is, I'm just not good with words.
    But if anyone would like to speak to me then I'm always available, I just get nervous to start conversations. And if anyone wants me to read their story and comment on it then I will try my best. :3
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    @Cami: Wow, that campus is awesome! I plan on DLing it and checking it out as soon as I get home tonight. ^_^
    Ayemee wrote:
    Hello everyone!

I'm Ayemee. I've been writing on and off for the past couple of years. I had a story about my favorite sims family which I had to stop due to my game crashing, and the loss of all my characters. :shock:

I have a new story that is only on the second chapter, Coven.
    It is about two vampires on the run, but from what? That will all be revealed.

I love reading other people's stories. There really is some amazing talent on these forums. I look forward to reading and talking on this thread now and in the future.

:mrgreen:

Welcome Ayemee! :]

I will do my best to start your story soon!

I agree, there are some real talent on these forums!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Jay: Don't worry about not knowing what to say. Sometimes just a 'hello' or 'have a nice day' is enough to brighten one's day. I use to be like you and have a hard time opening up to people with that initial contact. I still do better on a phone conversation than in person but maybe that's because I work in a call center where people call to make hotel reservations, and use to work for AOL Canada in retention so I had to learn how to pinpoint people's needs and solve their issues.

My suggestion would be just comment on the stories you read, write and just let us know if there's anything we can help with an encouraging word or pray about for you if you're going through a rough spot. You'll find that most of us, here in the thread enjoy making new friends and care about their well-being. Like I mentioned sometimes just saying hi, have a great day, a smiley face is all you need to say.

Ayemee: Hi and welcome to the thread I will definitely check out your story as soon as I get a chance.
  • Options
    HydrasisHydrasis Posts: 216 New Member
    edited October 2012
    thank goodness a you made a new post on here. I'd have never found this thread again. Could have swore I bookmarked it last night x.x
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited October 2012
    Everyone have lovely stories ;)

Fortune moves to Riverview

Screenshot-516.jpg
    Oliver & Olivia and their children Sophie & Jack.

Screenshot-534.jpg
    Their new Riverview home.

Screenshot-563.jpg
    Olivia play pool.

Screenshot-582.jpg
    Oliver started to work out by himself.

Screenshot-575.jpg
    Jack meets Susie & Skip Broke.

Screenshot-571.jpg
    Sophie had a nice hangout with Trigger Broke.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the Uni comments, it was a long project but it was a lot of fun (I like building).

Silver (and all) I do still need faculty and students to fill in the background and dorms so I may be poaching a few studios soon. :) I'll let you know who I grab and you may see them hanging out in classes or around campus. Maybe a frat party lol

Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited October 2012
    A picture update of Bethany and Ezra from my for fun legacy based off Silver's challenge.

http://aslifegoeslegacy.blogspot.com/2012/10/gen1-chap8-married-now.html
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Spiderg1rlSpiderg1rl Posts: 7,343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow I missed alot when I went to bed last night, stupid work keeping me from my sim friends :D Welcome everyone
    camimh wrote:

uniheader.jpg

Roth University

This is awesome I need to redownload Riverview and I shall download that :D Awesome to have a full on University for story telling. I may use that for a future gen if I can think up a career they need to go to uni for :D Of course if that's ok :D
  • Options
    SnowyMist7SnowyMist7 Posts: 135
    edited October 2012
    @ camimh: Your stories are amazing!!! I've just been reading some of them and I can't tear my eyes away! Well done :D Definitely some of the better sim stories I've read :D
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited October 2012
    You do realize the guys you're asking about are the ones I teach, right? ;) I'm not allowed to judge their looks, lol.

I would guess it's pretty much like any place though. There are the good looking ones and the not so good looking ones. :lol: I think moving to Sweden is fairly simple because of the fact that pretty much everyone is fluent in english. It would also be easy for you to get a job as an english/french teacher because that's your primary languages.

And speaking of guys, I think it's the same everywhere, but immigrants always seem interesting and exciting. Just going out for a beer or a coffee would probably direct guys your way. Haha.

I don't really know how much culture differs between our countries, it's a bit I guess. We did study Canadian school systems during the first year in Uni. Something called "language baths" (maybe..?) Do you know about it? You seem to have a great way of teaching both languages, however. :p

ROFL.
    The more I think about it, the more this sounds like an actual good, doable idea. My daddy tried to tell me that Sweden is really cold and snowy, but it can't be much different than Canada, LOL. And daddy's slu----er, girlfriend----told me that the guys there are mostly gorgeous blond, blue-eyed Norse Gods. 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I'm kind of in love with Thor, so.....

I have no idea what language baths are XD Could be Immersion that you're talking about, because immersing ourselves is kind of like bathing ourselves, in a weird way. We have programmes called French Immersion, which is where children start learning French at a very early age and study many things exclusively in French. I've been in Immersion since kindergarten, and I speak better French than some people in Quebec XD That's part of why I want to teach it; because I love it so much.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Spidergrl: of course it's okay!

Snowy: Thank you so much! I apologize in advance if there are broken pics scattered about. I read through some old chapters and they seemed to have randomly deleted pictures here and there from my service. Grr. They're so random it would be difficult to replace all of them.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I've updated Painting Petals today ^_^
    The link is in my siggy if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh my Berry, fru...why didn't you tell me before your rainbowcy was amazing? o.o
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Jaybzieh wrote:
    I'll read it! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Jaybzieh wrote:
    I'll read it! :D

<3
    It's still really short :3