Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People should be scared of aliens.

Comments

• Options
    TeganMcSimmenTeganMcSimmen Posts: 577
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but after reading the first post about how "aliens have feelings too" I just need to say this. HAS NO ONE HERE WATCHED THE ALIEN SEIRES!? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(franchise) )
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited August 2012
    i've dealt with a poltergeist.

those things are terrifying.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2012
    lolling so hard at this thread, it's a game people. Torture your alien sims if you want.

@Belliflowers3 oh and laughing so hard at your siggie
  • Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited August 2012
    One thing that I have always loved about the Sims is that they don't judge each other! Unless they stink or are wearing the wrong type of clothes. ;)

Oh & on the topic of ghosts and aliens haha... My grandmother's house is haunted, none of the ghosts have ever harmed me, and I haven't seen any in years ( one walked up behind me in the kitchen recently, though. ). Even though they've never hurt me, I'm still terrified of them and I never respond to them or speak of them in the house lol.

I also believe in aliens. I just think that in the vastness of the universe, there has to be life besides on earth. Probably intelligent life too. :shrug: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't believe aliens exist in real life however I do believe in ghost as I've seen one.

As far as the game goes sims will be able to marry aliens like they can any of the supernaturals.

I don't understand this...

We, as a human race, are PROOF that life exists. If we were to travel to another planet, WE would be the aliens. With us here, I find it hard to believe that there is not other life somewhere else.

• Options
    simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2012
    To7m wrote:
    I don't believe aliens exist in real life however I do believe in ghost as I've seen one.

As far as the game goes sims will be able to marry aliens like they can any of the supernaturals.

I don't understand this...

We, as a human race, are PROOF that life exists. If we were to travel to another planet, WE would be the aliens. With us here, I find it hard to believe that there is not other life somewhere else.
    ^^^ This. I too believe in ghost, aliens, all that stuff. Their existence has been proven with evidence so many times that we just can't deny it anymore.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.
    Hate and kill everyone who is not like you, eh? Stone-age people used to think that way. It has been done to the black people even until the middle of the past century.
    It's so sad to see there are still people out there in the world who have learned NOTHING in all that time! :(
    It's occasions like these where I am ashamed to be a human!
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited August 2012
    What is this propaganda shizz?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    all im gonna say this guy has beeen quite negative but its his opnion or ideas no ideas are bad rally its a thought we are in a sims community lets not hate on eachother! and say mean things just say well i think....
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    all im gonna say this guy has beeen quite negative but its his opnion or ideas no ideas are bad rally its a thought we are in a sims community lets not hate on eachother! and say mean things just say well i think....
    How can you see this and say no ideas are bad? I don't get it!
    Sorry Taylacfc, he is a racist because what he wants for the game reflects his personal opinion and racists deserve rude answers! :evil:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    I hate the fact that things like vampires and aliens are just accepted in public society. In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.
    Good grief!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    How is he racist last time i checked there was no confirmed or known cases of aliens, werewolves or vampires living amongst people on earth. If he so wishes to torture his sim so be it. I know alot of simmers who set fire to sims on purpose, does this make them murders or worse simmers for doing so? I have drowned a sim on purpose does that make my game play bad?
    Unless he was talking about people coming from another country and living as 'alien residents' then nothing racist was said.

This whole thing was blown out of proportion. I say experiment away. It's how science has been doing it for years.

still laughing.

• Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2012
    I dealt with a Ghost/Poltergeist before!
    The night my grandfather died we were all in the house, chatting to each other when suddenly the lights started to switch off in the order that my Gramps would turn them off before he went to bed! o_o

I also believe in Aliens, I mean has nobody seen the McPherson's Tape? Scariest thing ever...
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    Kedg24Kedg24 Posts: 1,743 New Member
    edited August 2012
    indyChick wrote:
    fabregas22 wrote:
    I hate the fact that things like vampires and aliens are just accepted in public society. In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.
    Good grief!

Thats a bit inhumane, and the last time i checked the sims is all about being humane to animals and more. you dont see a pet port in the sims that kills or puts down animals do you? you dont see other said real life things in the sims like a abuse and more that i'll not say. because the game is meant for people to have fun with not to go all psycho on their sims.
  • Options
    superflystingersuperflystinger Posts: 58 New Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:

get a life man, it's people like you why their is no piece on the planet.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Toblie: It's the old fear of mankind against everything they see not fit into their scheme of the world order. It doesn't matter whether one talks about aliens, black people or his strange neighbor. It's his mindset what makes me upset.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2012
    OP, it seems like you've been asking for a LOT of content, fixes, features, etc. to make your game more realistic. The Sims, yes, is a life simulator, but that doesn't mean it has to be like OUR lives. It's always had a mix of realistic + unrealistic content.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    His mindset is what the entertainment industry has spewed out for years, Aliens land we destroy them.

I don't think he meant any harm to anyone, he just has a warped view for his game. That's the thing his game.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages
    Okay, after a year of forum roleplaying on multiple websites, I can say he is either a pessimest or a troll, maybe both. One thing I do love about the Sims is there is no racism or any of the crap going on in the real world.
    Weather he's a hater, troll, pessimest, or just dislikes it, here's my advice to him:
    Instead of complainingon a forum why don't you make yourself useful, download some programs, and make your own game?
    Well firstly it's pretty difficult to just make a game. What language do you suggest me using if I were to make one. Secondly I love the sims and that's why I hate them making these silly choices and lowering my love for it more and more. So I don't like it when they make choices that I disagree with. I much prefered the sims 2 to this but they've made some brilliant upgrades in the sims 3 (open town) which is why I find it hard to play sims 2 nowadays.

I'm sorry, but what I got out of that was that you think that it was silly of The Sims Studio for not letting us kill and experiment on aliens if they just step foot out of the house? :?:

You are seriously messed up.
    Especially if you thought that something like that would ever happen in a million years in The Sims series! :shock:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Toblie wrote:
    His mindset is what the entertainment industry has spewed out for years, Aliens land we destroy them.
    Yes right but that doesn't make it any better. I'm also upset about the entertainment industry for that.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Hate and kill everyone who is not like you, eh? Stone-age people used to think that way. It has been done to the black people even until the middle of the past century.

Actually, there is very little evidence that Stone Age people engaged in warfare or violently killed each other. There is every indication that they viewed human life as precious. So they were even more civilized than we are. :wink:

For example, after excavating the remains of generations of Seminole Indians in Florida, archaeologists found one instance of a man who died as a result of a spear wound...which would seem to indicate that his wound was probably accidental rather than deliberate.

At any rate, I'm not disagreeing with your statement; quite the opposite, in fact. I just wanted to clarify that early humans seemed to value each other and live in peace.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi Halle. :)
    I admit I have no evidence for the mindest of stone age people. Anyway I could use the medival time for comparison. The time of the inquisition, where people got tortured to death just because they were different.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I admit I have no evidence for the mindest of stone age people. Anyway I could use the medival time for comparison. The time of the inquisition, where people got tortured to death just because they were different.

Hi, Cyron! :D

Oh, definitely. Once humans started to move into cities they became territorial and had to engage in warfare in order to protect what was theirs. But the hunter-gatherer societies of the Old and Middle Stone Age seemed to have engaged in trade rather than warfare.

Actually, you're really lucky -- Germany and France have some of the most amazing Stone Age-era remains, in addition to the fantastically-painted caves in the Dordogne region. I envy you! :D
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Halle_M wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

Hi, Cyron! :D

Oh, definitely. Once humans started to move into cities they became territorial and had to engage in warfare in order to protect what was theirs. But the hunter-gatherer societies of the Old and Middle Stone Age seemed to have engaged in trade rather than warfare.

Actually, you're really lucky -- Germany and France have some of the most amazing Stone Age-era remains, in addition to the fantastically-painted caves in the Dordogne region. I envy you! :D

are you like, an archaeologist or something?

it's really, really sad when people who lived thousands of years ago are more civilized than we are. i hate this planet.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'd say the world is like how it is is cause of the fact that there are so many young people in the world. They are uneducated, careless, disrespectful people.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)