Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People should be scared of aliens.

Comments

• Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2012
    Nah, I personally like them to be acceptable because they are fun to play with and to add to your household.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited August 2012
    look, it's Skyscraperfan Jr.!

:lol:

....on another note, i really need to check the author before i wander into a thread. i keep ending up in this crazy person's ridiculous threads somehow.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    are you like, an archaeologist or something?

Nope! I just do a lot of research as part of my job. Plus, I find that era quite fascinating.
    it's really, really sad when people who lived thousands of years ago are more civilized than we are. i hate this planet.

Yeah, in a lot of ways it was a much simpler time. However, there was a high incidence of death from simple diseases. People did not have a terribly long lifespan in most cases (there are some exceptions). So, they were not dying as a result of violent warfare, but they were dying of things we can easily prevent today (septicemia, scurvy, etc.).

In a way, I guess it evens out. Sort of.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    I hate the fact that things like vampires and aliens are just accepted in public society. In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.

This is how I'm going to play my alien Sims, phhht can you imagine living with aliens? huh? how weird and awkward it would be. I'm not racist (despite having a racist grandfather) but I couldn't bare living with something not from this world.
    District 9, nuff said...
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited August 2012
    Actually even medieval people weren't completely bad. A lot of the Inquisition wasn't just against "strange" or different people because the Inquisition was also about money. If you were a nobleman accused of dealing with the devil, your family had to pay for your meals, irons, clothing and any expense incurred during your captivity. Even your death and disposal if it came to that. Humans are terribly greedy I suppose.

I think it'd be more akin to the "Red Scare" the Americans had way back when, not trusting anyone strange for fear of Communist taint.

I really don't get however how people are still getting riled by this troll though. In many threads lately he/she's said something inflammatory and people are like moths to the flame. Just ignore the bad troll. :wink:
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    I hate the fact that things like vampires and aliens are just accepted in public society. In the game aliens should be outcasts. If they leave their base the authorities should go and arrest them then kill and experiment on them. That'd make it more fun.

This is how I'm going to play my alien Sims, phhht can you imagine living with aliens? huh? how weird and awkward it would be. I'm not racist (despite having a racist grandfather) but I couldn't bare living with something not from this world.
    District 9, nuff said...

i don't really think District 9 supports your argument very well. even the aliens in that movie were oppressed. the only reason for them fighting back in the end was for escape and survival from the human race.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Druscylla wrote:
    Actually even medieval people weren't completely bad. A lot of the Inquisition wasn't just against "strange" or different people because the Inquisition was also about money. If you were a nobleman accused of dealing with the devil, your family had to pay for your meals, irons, clothing and any expense incurred during your captivity. Even your death and disposal if it came to that. Humans are terribly greedy I suppose.

i heard you had to tip the executioner to make sure it wasn't drawn out. can't imagine how it feels.
    Halle_M wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    are you like, an archaeologist or something?

Nope! I just do a lot of research as part of my job. Plus, I find that era quite fascinating.
    it's really, really sad when people who lived thousands of years ago are more civilized than we are. i hate this planet.

Yeah, in a lot of ways it was a much simpler time. However, there was a high incidence of death from simple diseases. People did not have a terribly long lifespan in most cases (there are some exceptions). So, they were not dying as a result of violent warfare, but they were dying of things we can easily prevent today (septicemia, scurvy, etc.).

In a way, I guess it evens out. Sort of.

oic. well, at least i learned a thing or two. thank you for that.

still, that also means that people weren't as war-happy as they all now. now, we attack people over everything.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2012
    Eh, I see your point about how they should be scared. But I think it should be more like... if an Alien, Vampire, or Witch has an "Evil" trait or mean-spirited, etc trait that people should be afraid of them. Because, they're out to do bad, you know? And they shouldn't be able to be 'friendly' with them because they're evil and mean. Unless they get to 100/100 friendship. Or something like that.

But killing them, experimenting on them, etc.. could raise the rating? & I don't want my Aliens, Vampires, or any other supernatural creature killed unless it's naturally because they got hit by a meteor or struck by lighting, etc. D:

P.S: I'm not talking about just supernatural Sims. I'm also talking about regular Sims with these traits. I think it should be harder for them to make friends. :/ Maybe it is? And I don't know what I'm talking about/haven't seen it, yet... and if so. That's good. :) Because, I think a more "Friendly" Sim should be able to make friends a lot easier than meaner Sims.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lilsis3421 wrote:
    i don't really think District 9 supports your argument very well. even the aliens in that movie were oppressed. the only reason for them fighting back in the end was for escape and survival from the human race.

I guess your right, District 9 isnt the best example, but in my game all aliens will be locked up in a secure area, surrounded by boobytraps. Simply because it would be weird seeing them around town. :twisted: meh heh heh
  • Options
    TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    ive changed my mind ive read his posts and they are rude
  • Options
    LoveLife0v0LoveLife0v0 Posts: 1,210
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    (Sorry if I'm a little late(;) I'm afraid killing them and trapping them would be a bit too mature for a teen rated game. If you don't like the way the game is, don't play it!(: Simple, but effective. (Sorry if someone had already said this)
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2012
    Are we still geeking out on the existence of aliens?
    If not, allow me to haul this thread in that direction again.

Maybe this was mentioned already, but I was skimming so forgive me.
    Found on Mars were tiny, worm-like creatures. So yes, there was life on even Mars at some point. Not sure they aer still there, it's been awhile since I read about it.
    When what, 500 something universes and billions of planets, it would be ignorant to assume we are the only ones. But I think if there are indeed aliens, they would do something more notable to make themselves known.

• Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited August 2012
    hairdye wrote:
    But aliens have feelings too :(

I love your Avatar!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    District 9, nuff said...
    Well I could imagine living with 7 of 9. :mrgreen:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Haha, star trek 7 of 9? Well she is a babe, but im talking about ugly green Sim aliens! XD
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Found on Mars were tiny, worm-like creatures. So yes, there was life on even Mars at some point. Not sure they aer still there, it's been awhile since I read about it.
    When what, 500 something universes and billions of planets, it would be ignorant to assume we are the only ones. But I think if there are indeed aliens, they would do something more notable to make themselves known.
    I agree 100%, it would be just plain stupid to think we are alone in this vast universe and moreover we are surely NOT the most advanced race among them - especially not in consideration of some people's mindset.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Cyron 43 just so you know i read and looked atr some of his messages and changed my mind has anybody tried reporting this guy for abusive language
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for reconsidering, Taylacfc. :)
    And yes I reported him for hateful and abusive content.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2012
    in bon tomps.. we are accepted in public! .. vampires for example: we just aint allowed to feed on humans in public where anyone can see us.

as for aliens, thing they will be like the unicorn type. only 1.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well with that thinking than every single occult should be hunted :?

That would never happen the killing part because murder is not in the sims.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Well with that thinking than every single occult should be hunted :?

That would never happen the killing part because murder is not in the sims.

your signature fascinates me.
  • Options
    joshirejoshire Posts: 645 New Member
    edited August 2012
    look, it's Skyscraperfan Jr.!

Omg, you made my day! Skyscraperfanalwayswanted ghetto and gangster War eps lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for reconsidering, Taylacfc.
    And yes I reported him for hateful and abusive content.

lol really so have i!!
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited August 2012
    fabregas22 wrote:
    -reads pages Okay, after a year of forum roleplaying on multiple websites, I can say he is either a pessimest or a troll, maybe both. One thing I do love about the Sims is there is no racism or any of the crap going on in the real world. Weather he's a hater, troll, pessimest, or just dislikes it, here's my advice to him: Instead of complainingon a forum why don't you make yourself useful, download some programs, and make your own game?
    Well firstly it's pretty difficult to just make a game. What language do you suggest me using if I were to make one. Secondly I love the sims and that's why I hate them making these silly choices and lowering my love for it more and more. So I don't like it when they make choices that I disagree with. I much prefered the sims 2 to this but they've made some brilliant upgrades in the sims 3 (open town) which is why I find it hard to play sims 2 nowadays.

Hmm I suppose EA are just meant to do exactly what you say and ignore countless other fans who have been asking for TS2 type of alien back, which btw weren't shunned as you have suggested.

I'm sorry but EA is catering to a much wider audience than just you, you can have your opinion but you shouldn't be shocked when EA don't meet your individual every wish and desire for the direction of the sims 3.

When something I wanted wasn't included in the game, for example green houses, I didn't make a complaint thread I just thought 'Oh well I am sure there are plenty of othet things about this EP which will be awesome' You don't have to play with nicey nice aliens if you don't want to, if you personally want to kill them all you can but I am glad EA didn't go down the hunt and kill route for the sims 3 aliens there are enough violent alien killing games out there already.
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wonder when season comes out will we be able to create aliens in cast. I thinking about creating a family of a mixture of supernaturals and see how it goes.