Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building Tombs! Guest Lecturer: Lissykin! ViewAll Lessons Now! (see post 1)

Comments

• Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited August 2012
    For Kryst: To fix that, shift+click anywhere on the screen; you should still have testingcheatsenabled true functioning so this will open the option for you to buy on the lot.

Shift + click on the door. When the menu options open, select the one that says Enable Auto-open after Inspect and try again. This time it should open after the simmie examines the unhidden door. :)

I'm going to add that to the initial instructions. Thanks for letting me know!

*Not sure why my simmie got through, but grateful that you caught it so I can help*

• Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't find the "enable auto-open after inspect) ....just lots of new off menus LOL

Lissy, I may be remedial in this class, and I set my goals very high ...it's me not you :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sharonxyz wrote:
    two notes:

1) I need to remember that I can hold shift (or control/shift) when she is in live mode and click "build on this lot" or "buy on this lot". Otherwise she zooms home, as I gave her a starter home. Hey, she likes it :)

2) I haven't tried reset, but have learned that after messing up I can use the clear all triggers and actions from this object, which I did and retried. I'm still needing practice, as in the end I just had to teleport her to the door to
    "re-inspect", as she kept wanting to walk around the building

Two excellent points!! A gold star for you! lol images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1nJmoohpKdr2yTKb-73voYyqnKbUABPdrqoj7bcIzRSpNMi_S
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I look forward to practicing it all later...this transcript with pictures is so great!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Gold Star? gee whiz :)

I have a feeling this has more steps coming up LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ms. Tester is in room 3 and Zoo, you made her VERY patient, I teleport her in and out lol.

If anyone finds that new (I don't mean to presume), while your sim is still in live mode and you hold left shift or left shift and the control key below it, both work, you get three options:

1. buy on this lot

2. build on this lot

3. teleport me here (in which case you click the ground in a close spot, but NOT one that gives the response "object..." ....that happens for example if you are on a throw rug.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Sharon: I'm so glad it worked well for you! Just a little more help from me:

This is what the menu looks like when I open it (please forgive the mess):

EnableAutoOpenAfterInspectCloseUp.png

I've circled the item you would want to select. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Sorry I'm so chatty, but a question:

is the Adventure Moodlet something that is programmed later? Ms. Tester is patient but not feeling adventurous.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Lissy, It helps a LOT, thank you :D

I assume every option on the menu has a use, but seems like a huuuge menu :)

At least I understand that the "bull's eye" symbol means I do it myself, not the sim, like open bookshelf; i.e. it can be done in pause mode.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm a cautious player, i use Pause Mode a lot..More than live mode...maybe cautious is not a strong enough term, but I'll stop there :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    No problem! I don't mind the chatting at all. In order to get the Adventurous moodlet, your simmie must have the Adventurous trait. You can add that by shift+click-ing your active sim and changing her traits, adding Adventurous. Here's a list of the moodlets and how to achieve them if you're interested. :)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Lissy, not messy at all!! I'm super impressed....I want to learn to draw on a screen shot! Got a feeling sharpies would not be advised on the monitor :D
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm really frustrated...Now I can't do anything...I ctrl shift click on the door (As I've started over for the umpteenth billion time) and I can make it add triggers but nothing else... when I click the plate...nothing no menues whatsoever....I think I may deleted the lot and start completely over.... Le Sigh....
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I thought but am probably wrong, that any sim gets a non-timed, no effect adventurous moodlet at least for a while in a tomb.

But adventurous is in my top 10 traits :D
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:
    I'm really frustrated...Now I can't do anything...I ctrl shift click on the door (As I've started over for the umpteenth billion time) and I can make it add triggers but nothing else... when I click the plate...nothing no menues whatsoever....I think I may deleted the lot and start completely over.... Le Sigh....

Actually, I was just going to suggest that you try that. Delete and start fresh. You may have something set in a way that keeps you from doing what you are supposed to do and you might not even realize it.

You CAN shift-click and use the option that says something about "remove all triggers on lot" or something like that and I THINK it will get you back to scratch, but I am not 100% sure of that.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The official class time has expired. I don't know if Lissykin is still around and answering questions, but whether she is or whether she isn't I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to her for all her hard work on this tutorial.

Thank You, Lissykin!!!
    oow785m
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi, Lissy! After choosing "Enable auto-open after inspect," I get the message: "There must be a hidden switch somewhere in this tomb that will unlock this door." I tried all the troubleshooting tips you gave to Priscapup and Kryst, but it's still not working. What am I doing wrong? :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    since the second room is unrelated to the first, it seems nice to clear all from both the plate and the door with that command re clear all actions and reactions with this object.

Only trick was that the door comes with the lot pre-hidden (I believe) and requires re-hiding.

The hardest aspect, and this is a mystery, is why we all don't get the menus laid out and worded the same. Sometimes I just need to search for the circled final desired effect.

I did something that made my sim want to leave the room to find a trigger somewhere else. It is something that has gotten me stuck in other tomb makers' lots.

Question: is there a color code system to the reactions and triggers? so far I've seen green, red, and hot pink.

I ask a lot of questions and apologize for monopolizing space :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thank you SO MUCH Lissykin!! I learned so much, and while we've only just begun, I learned a LOT!!! YAY!
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you, Professor Lissykin! I know it's a lot of work to do these lessons, and I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to the next one. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Thanks Zoo! :D I'm excited for next week!

Re: the errors:
    I'm so sorry some of you are hitting these frustrating snags!! The tomb setting is really buggy in that it has to be done in a certain order. If you have trouble with the first door, then you have to reset everything. It's definitely a programming flaw in my mind. If you're making a complex tomb, it can do your head in to start from scratch.

Okay. Now to fix these troubles! :)

The first thing I do is take a deep breath.

The problem with not being able to alter the lot is in the Edit Town mode. The lot can set itself to Visitors Allowed, which will make it impossible to alter the tomb. Try to Edit Town, select the lot and manually change it to No Visitors Allowed. Now you can select the lot again and try to reset the traps.

Deleting the lot and placing it fresh again is always helpful. Start at the beginning, and see if you have the same problem. Please let me know if this helps! I really want you to walk away happy from this.

If you still get the message that there is a hidden switch missing, let me know. I'm in game right now trying to puzzle out why you're getting the error code. Bear with me! :)

• Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2012
    @ Zoo and Lissykin: I'm in the process of looking through the thread and I just wanted to say that this is one impressive lecture :) Thank you for the precise and clear explanations. I've bookmarked the thread, so once my laptop gets fixed, I think I'll give this a try...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    @ Zoo and Lissykin: I'm in the process of looking through the thread and I just wanted to say that this is one impressive lecture :) Thank you for the precise and clear explanations. I've bookmarked the thread, so once my laptop gets fixed, I think I'll give this a try...

I run Zoo U, so I set up the thread, but the work (and I agree completely that it is impressive and very clear) is all Lissykin!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Lissykin:

I HATE Edit Town and I don't use it unless I just HAVE to. I know that a lot zoned residential doesn't allow certain items, but I like to zone residential and do all my building even if I am then going to have to zone as a community lot to put my final touches on there.

I like to build with a Tester Sim on the lot, and you can only really do that if you zone residential. I know for a fact that you CAN have tombs on residential lots, so here is my question: Do you see any problems that I could run into if I zoned this as residential and built on my lot with my Tester Sim so that I could test as I go and alter and save very quickly and easily and then at the very end move my Tester off the lot and re-zone as community and Visitors Allowed?

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi Lissy,

I agree this is set up very clear to follow! Thank you for the tip about the lot being set to visitors allowed. I am sure that was my problem. I did start over, and I am still getting the error.... I am going to screen capture my whole process and upload on a new thread if you would be willing to look at it, maybe it would help. :D

Thank you so much for teaching and for all of your help!!! I could never have progressed this far without you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top