Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course: Building Tombs! Guest Lecturer: Lissykin! ViewAll Lessons Now! (see post 1)

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi again Miss Kitten! :D

I'm so glad you got in a few moments of internet. How frustrating to have to choose - but so wise in the end. :)

I read through what you have listed, and I realized what happened.

I appreciate the feedback so that I have an opportunity to catch issues like that. I went through and followed them in my game and was able to make it work with the original instructions, but that doesn't mean its not an issue. Since I don't want anyone else to get stuck, I made a note that if it doesn't work, the first thing to do is change that '0' to a '1'. Thank you!! You probably have saved a thousand headaches. :)

I hope you're still having fun, and that the rest of the lesson works beautifully for you! :)

Thanks again!
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yep, everything else went along great. Except for the eye of horus. Apparently some of the wa tomb objects disappear in Hidden Springs, but was fine in sv. Thanks again!!! :D
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited October 2012
    So glad it worked out!

THANKS, LISSYKIN!
    oow785m
  • exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know if the tombs are dysfunctional in all the dl'd worlds? I tried the tomb in sv, hs and lp. It only worked in sv. I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. The axe, treasure spawns, mummies, tombstones, and eye of horus didn't work in those two worlds. I'm wondering if I should test the lot in all the dl worlds? Let me know. :mrgreen: Still super excited I was able to do it. Is anyone aware of a good place to learn more about the processor? Would love to better understand it's abilities. 8) Of course there's always google, but after this course, it just won't be the same. I liked how lissykins explained everything as she went. It was very very helpful! <3333
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know if the tombs are dysfunctional in all the dl'd worlds? I tried the tomb in sv, hs and lp. It only worked in sv. I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this issue. The axe, treasure spawns, mummies, tombstones, and eye of horus didn't work in those two worlds. I'm wondering if I should test the lot in all the dl worlds? Let me know. :mrgreen: Still super excited I was able to do it. Is anyone aware of a good place to learn more about the processor? Would love to better understand it's abilities. 8) Of course there's always google, but after this course, it just won't be the same. I liked how lissykins explained everything as she went. It was very very helpful! <3333

No one has mentioned any problems with Store worlds and tombs, but maybe no one else has tried it. I don't know why there WOULD be a problem, but there could be.

If you find something that explains all the different instructions on the processor, please let me know! I have been interested in finding an article or tutorial about it for some time.

oow785m
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been working through this lesson on linking actions to tomb objects. I started lesson 1 on page 5 of this thread and did the first 2 parts. I had little success in getting rid of the links that had been set. I even deleted the door and floor plate.

Then I deleted the lot and discovered the red box was still there on the empty lot.

So I placed a rock on the lot and bulldozed it. The red box was still there. So I bulldozed the lot so it wasn't there any more and the red box was still there.

I also cleared caches and closed the game and started a new game in the same town. The red box was on the lot in the new game too.

So I closed the game down and cleared caches again. I'm hoping that I end up with a clean game this time. I'd say those links we set are very persistent and that may be why it isn't good to play with them unless you really know what the result will be.

I had previously reset them in game and clicked remove all links and triggers and things like that.

I'll have to really learn this stuff so I can know what I'm doing rather than just get and idea of what it can do and hope I can work it out when I want to use it.
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I've been working through this lesson on linking actions to tomb objects. I started lesson 1 on page 5 of this thread and did the first 2 parts. I had little success in getting rid of the links that had been set. I even deleted the door and floor plate.

Then I deleted the lot and discovered the red box was still there on the empty lot.

So I placed a rock on the lot and bulldozed it. The red box was still there. So I bulldozed the lot so it wasn't there any more and the red box was still there.

I also cleared caches and closed the game and started a new game in the same town. The red box was on the lot in the new game too.

So I closed the game down and cleared caches again. I'm hoping that I end up with a clean game this time. I'd say those links we set are very persistent and that may be why it isn't good to play with them unless you really know what the result will be.

I had previously reset them in game and clicked remove all links and triggers and things like that.

I'll have to really learn this stuff so I can know what I'm doing rather than just get and idea of what it can do and hope I can work it out when I want to use it.

This is a glitch. Usually, there is no problem with using the "remove all links and triggers" and even the "reset" often does the trick without removing them. Did you delete the actual lot, I mean to the point where there was no grid even there? Then you can place a lot of the same size in Edit Town.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi, sorry to interrupt? I just wanted to say how much this topic helped me
    with my build, I had no experience with traps at all and was quite lost
    when my dear friend Faith gave me the link to this topic

I built this Abandoned house of traps, thank you so much
    for making this thread!

see my build here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8097106

aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
    edited April 2014
    ladyloial wrote:
    Hi, sorry to interrupt? I just wanted to say how much this topic helped me
    with my build, I had no experience with traps at all and was quite lost
    when my dear friend Faith gave me the link to this topic

I built this Abandoned house of traps, thank you so much
    for making this thread!

see my build here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8097106

I'm so glad you found this course helpful! I will make certain to tell Lissy, our lovely guest professor, because she really did a lot of work to put this together for us.

I really like your house and I left you a rec!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:

This is a glitch. Usually, there is no problem with using the "remove all links and triggers" and even the "reset" often does the trick without removing them. Did you delete the actual lot, I mean to the point where there was no grid even there? Then you can place a lot of the same size in Edit Town.

Zoo

I fixed it in the end. I removed the lot totally. Then I quit the game and started a new game in the same world. It was after midnight here but I was sure I started a fresh game in the same world and the red box was still there so I quit Sims altogether and cleared every cache file I could find and started another new game and it now all looks good.

Thanks for the response.

EDIT: I've now done lessons 1 and 2 about 5 times. I need to do them about another 10 times to be able to remember all the steps - but it is working:) And some of it is even starting to make sense so that is a relief. I was worried I'd never get the idea at first. I don't like learning new things - but I keep making myself do it for some unknown reason. :oops:

I am happy now that I think I might be getting the idea. :D

My Sim gets all the way to the treasure chest now. I'm thinking about starting lesson 3.

I am happy you made this thread too. Thank you for that.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2014
    Karritz,

I am SO glad that things are going well now! I have to say that of all the things in building, I think using all the tomb items is one of the most challenging, but it is really rewarding, too!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited April 2014
    Karritz,

I am SO glad that things are going well now! I have to say that of all the things in building, I think using all the tomb items is one of the most challenging, but it is really rewarding, too!

Zoo

Hey Zoo..... if you get a chance can you check out "ye ole crypt" in Helix and tell me what you think of the tomb? I would post pics but I would rather not make it too public lol
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

edited April 2014
    flstrider wrote:
    Karritz,

Zoo

Hey Zoo..... if you get a chance can you check out "ye ole crypt" in Helix and tell me what you think of the tomb? I would post pics but I would rather not make it too public lol

I will absolutely do that! If you would e-mail me the information of how to get to it, I will do that this weekend sometime. Helix Bay is going to ROCK! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    Thank you Zoo and Lissykin.

I have now finished this course and think I understand what to do.

I'll try it out by building myself something interesting when we get the new build set next week. That will be a test to see how much of it I remember. I will probably need to refer back here a few times to check a few things though.

I enjoyed the course and will feel a lot more confident in tackling these triggers and things in the future.
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:

I'll try it out by building myself something interesting when we get the new build set next week. That will be a test to see how much of it I remember. I will probably need to refer back here a few times to check a few things though.

I enjoyed the course and will feel a lot more confident in tackling these triggers and things in the future.

Thanks, Karritz, and good luck on all your builds!

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:

Thanks, Karritz, and good luck on all your builds!

Zoo

Thank you. I'm not exactly a prolific builder. I just try to have fun.
    edited May 2014
    Posting so that I can see I was the last to post and so I know that I don't have any lingering questions to answer! :D
    oow785m

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top