Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEASONS - FACTS FROM GURUS

Comments

• Options
    PillPill Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited August 2012
    Done for now. Gonna get some shut eye. Thanks all for the info.

I'll add more tonight when I wake up and check Graham, Mike, & Trev's twitters.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    edited August 2012
    bump
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    KeyBella wrote:
    Pr-ett-y sure I saw a face painting booth during the demo. Or was I just in La-La-Land?

Pretty sure I saw that, too.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2012
    New Tweets from Graham:

You'll be able to see the temperature in-game. For our fans around the world, you can select the temperature to display in Fahrenheit or Celsius!

You can use the new pool float anywhere that your Sim can swim now :)

Our trees are either deciduous or evergreen, so some will change color in the fall and lose their leaves, and others will not. The store team will support Seasons content as well, so any trees that they release that should lose leaves will be updated to work properly!

Wildflowers are a new type of collectible that will grow throughout the world - you may have spotted some of them in the family's yard in this mornings Spring demo. Once you collect them, you can display them in a vase in your home; they look lovely :)

The Starlight Shores festival does set up around the amphitheater at Verde Park in the center of town, so having a Simfest while enjoying all the new festival activities will definitely happen =)
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    There are also Parasols and Umbrellas :)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2012
    29 and 43 are same. :)

And, you forgot to add a new photo booth that is on the tent in Spring and Fall festival scenes.
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2012
    it would be cool if teens and children had like a summer break
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2012
    There is a heater. I saw small one in the trailer that was shown yesterday. The male Sim woke up and went outside to do snowboarding, you can see a small light blue heater on the floor.

At 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Cq4X3wzTQ&feature=youtu.be
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    bloodempressbloodempress Posts: 154 New Member
    edited August 2012
    4. One of the exciting new additions to The Sims 3 Seasons is “Blueprint Mode”, which players can enter in build/buy. With this new feature, players can create or edit lots by easily placing down pre-made room layouts. Players can modify the finer details of designs, décor and furnishings after they are done placing their selected blueprints.

Can we make our own blueprints? It does say premade but I'd like to know if we can make our own in game.
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited August 2012
    **** this is going to be awesome!
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited August 2012
    lilhunny wrote:
    it would be cool if teens and children had like a summer break
    yeah that would be cool
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2012
    AdiCohen wrote:
    As always, Thanks for the great effort you're doing. :)

AdiCohen I just wanted to say I LOVE your Avi! That's such a sweet picture!
  • Options
    XxNiqhtAc3xXXxNiqhtAc3xX Posts: 394 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I hope the seasons change gradually and we don't just get a short loading screen after fall and all of a sudden there's a lot of snow on the ground.

-M-
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks so much for this!

And crediting me :P
  • Options
    foxyfrankiefoxyfrankie Posts: 257 Member
    edited August 2012
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    There is a heater. I saw small one in the trailer that was shown yesterday. The male Sim woke up and went outside to do snowboarding, you can see a small light blue heater on the floor.

At 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Cq4X3wzTQ&feature=youtu.be

I noticed that too. Are you sure it's not a winter gnome? It looks like it has arms and legs? Could possibly be a heater though :)
  • Options
    FadiAssi0FadiAssi0 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited August 2012
    SimBots get electrocuted if they come out in the rain
    Umbrellas are fully customizable and can be upgraded to glow in the dark :D

Source: http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=445011
    :D
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited August 2012
    Any one notice the new buttons during the gameplay(summer showcase)? Over where you have the: View my Home & View my Sim. Wonder what the others are. And isn't the season indicator in the same spot as the moon phase indicator?
  • Options
    FadiAssi0FadiAssi0 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited August 2012
    TRachet wrote:
    Any one notice the new buttons during the gameplay(summer showcase)? Over where you have the: View my Home & View my Sim. Wonder what the others are. And isn't the season indicator in the same spot as the moon phase indicator?

No I didn't :shock: I'm gonna watch the replay tonight though I'll check it out. And No it's actually on the left side of the Sim's bust, the moon phase in on the right. It will look a bit cramped though in my opinion, wouldn't it? :roll:
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the info, been wanting wildflowers. =)
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited August 2012
    they said we're getting some new drinks in the live chat too, eggnog being one of them! i hope apple cider is included too! :)
  • Options
    sc038sc038 Posts: 364 New Member
    edited August 2012
    pill you can roller skate. on ur first post it says fact in quotations. in the newest blog, they confirm it!
  • Options
    awhellnawawhellnaw Posts: 197
    edited August 2012
    we will have gift giving parties
  • Options
    germangirl16germangirl16 Posts: 339 New Member
    edited August 2012
    @Pill,

I don't think Love Day is Easter. I believe it's meant to be Valentines Day. The way Graham talked makes it sounds that way.

Seasons & Game Update Adds Filter in CAS!

Don't know if you have this one, but found this on SimVIP.com. When in CAS mode, we will now have tabs for better organization and quicker searching for what we want to dress our Sims in. Sort through just longs leeves, or just shorts, and can also search by expansion pack. So that if you want to view only the outfits added from Seasons or something, you can.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited August 2012
    It all sounds so wonderful. Now we will get to celebrate during the seasons. I can't wait. :mrgreen:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg